• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~// The Hawaii Thread \\~ V2.0

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
someone train my fox so i can 2nd main a sexy fox. hell, train everyone so everyone knows how to ****ing play fox and counterpick each other. no joke.

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
it's because people compare brawl characters to melee ones, that make them seem like they're junker. Brawl is very different from melee, so you have to change your gameplay accordingly. I now use different moves with falcon. Tilts are falcons new main moves. Brawl also puts emphasis on the jabs. They now are an important part of the game. You can't be good in brawl by trying to play like melee, well, for falcon anyway.

And bobby, I think those din's fires look pretty easy to avoid with a good air dodge. When you said juggling, I thought it was like fire in a row where they couldn't even recover. Doesn't look broken though.

One more thing...

SONIC IS SUCH A CHEAP PIECE OF SHIZZNIZZLE!!!

Y'ALL KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

Chaos27

Smash Apprentice
it's because people compare brawl characters to melee ones, that make them seem like they're junker. Brawl is very different from melee, so you have to change your gameplay accordingly. I now use different moves with falcon. Tilts are falcons new main moves. Brawl also puts emphasis on the jabs. They now are an important part of the game. You can't be good in brawl by trying to play like melee, well, for falcon anyway.

And bobby, I think those din's fires look pretty easy to avoid with a good air dodge. When you said juggling, I thought it was like fire in a row where they couldn't even recover. Doesn't look broken though.

One more thing...

SONIC IS SUCH A CHEAP PIECE OF SHIZZNIZZLE!!!

Y'ALL KNOW WHAT I MEAN.
Sonic is not cheap! You just wasn't used to fighting him. When you left i kept losing with sonic because he's easy to read.

FireFly

Smash Lord
falcons electric knee hitbox is by his balls or something and the power ranking thing is just jokes. i was trying to play falcon, fox, jiggs and luigi like melee and jiggs seemed to work the best. robs snake brings a whole different style of fighting, nothing comparable to melee. the way he uses projectiles, approaching, comboing etc. i wish i could record it.

I shined the **** out eugenes falco!

soranaka

Smash Journeyman
someone train my fox so i can 2nd main a sexy fox. hell, train everyone so everyone knows how to ****ing play fox and counterpick each other. no joke.
haha, you should come over.

but yeah, how to be sexy w/fox:

upthrow upair upair upair.

over b over b over b. dash dance. over b.

laser laser laser laser laser laser laser, wait for approach. over b.

kill by running up to people and upsmash.

whenever someone is on the edge and doesn't full jump off, punish lag w/upsmash.

whenever someone ledgestalls, shinespike/upsmash.

pc edgehog a lot.

don't get hit by the run behind fsmash (the shoyo).

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
wow so much talk about brawl.

oh, me and shoyo were talking today about the tournament. how about this: no one goes to the first one. then, we challenge the winners of the tournament to a crew battle/money match. so like, every stock is $5 or something. that way, we can beat lots of people at one time for lots of money.
i second this!!!!!

lol give me time after march to make money so i can buy me a wii and brawl

Darkmusician

Smash Master
That's so hustling. lolz I'm up for it.
Who would be on the crew. I'm guessing Rob, myself, Eugene, Tom, Chad and Dexter.
Idk, just the people that have played a most. I know Terence and Joel have played some too.

Frankie mangz! How much money have you made already. (oh wait Japan trip=not so much money anymore) lolz You'll get a wii in no time I think. But yah you must be getting the tips and the over times and stuff.

My nickname has become DM. That's kinda cool. I wonder what else it could stand for. lolz

Edit: I spoke with a one Sean "Forward" Benner today. He'll be (if not already is) in the Marines. There's a very very high chance that he'll get stationed in Hawaii. If that is case he and I are gonna hook up.

Darkmusician: Music Major/Zelda Main/Ambassador of Hawaiian Smash/Tour Guide? lolz
Keep your fingers crossed guys.

mellowD

Smash Apprentice
lol
last night proved that there is room for competitive play in brawl
judging by what i seen rhodney do to tom
MY GOD
tom you know what im talking about

random bit of info: i just downloaded newfoundglory..ahh..how nostalgic...

FireFly

Smash Lord
yeah last night was intense
dexter pulled a 9 out of his *** at the last second (i called it!) and won the match but felix wasnt recording :(
rhods ganon vs my falcon pulling knee combos and aerials under the stage and ****. back throw to back air is the new down throw to knee. toon link dittos making everyones hole close

Oshiro

Smash Journeyman
Edit: I spoke with a one Sean "Forward" Benner today. He'll be (if not already is) in the Marines. There's a very very high chance that he'll get stationed in Hawaii. If that is case he and I are gonna hook up.
this make oshiro happy

Darkmusician

Smash Master
dexter pulled a 9 out of his *** at the last second (i called it!) and won the match but felix wasnt recording :(
rhods ganon vs my falcon pulling knee combos and aerials under the stage and ****. back throw to back air is the new down throw to knee. toon link dittos making everyones hole close
So are the vids ever gonna get posted? More than anything I'd like to see Rob play. He spent the whole night at my house either sleeping on my bed or watching how I play. I wanted to lose to him at least once.

Chaos27

Smash Apprentice
Awww man is this all when i left? I always miss the good stuff.

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
i wonder if you guys wanna throw a brawl party on or around the release date. i wanna know how many copies of brawl (with wii of course, shoyo) can we get.

so far:
waipahu's got brawl
i kinda got brawl, just need to borrow from my friend in advance.

bobby, joel, tom, dexter, merc, matt reserved one? shoyo doesn't really count.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
yea, I think ima main Snake then make Ganon my 2nd lol
Hey Jeff! I told you Brawl would be good sistah.

I want to watch Rob use snake or any char. lolz

Meebo is too awesome. Never using Aim express again.

Btw DaCircle Tournament is Teams ONLY. They asked me if they wanted FFAs or Teams. Singles was not an option. I suspect it is due to lack of stations since they're running 3 tournaments at once. And halo will most likely take main priority.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
**** I missed so much in just a day or two. Man am I like the only one that hasn't played brawl yet? Gawd you guys make me so jelly! Take me to one of these brawl fests!!!

Thanks for coming by joel. Good ****
The curry was my mom's. My mom's cooking is pretty friggin awesome if I do say so myself
Joel's fox is too good. So **** sexy you can't take it. Terence you should get training from this man

Tom, is anything going down Friday? I wanna play again already

Oh and **** you terence

FireFly

Smash Lord
i reserved brawl and theres no midnight release here. if dex is still throwing a party on the 8th, then there must be a midnight release at a store near there. as for friday, idk yet. if anyone wants to play this evening, i have no school tomorrow

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
hahaha ya only got like around 400ish but like i only bought my plane tix didnt book a hotel yet so ya..... im relying on my next 2 paychecks plus my tax returns for my spending money and stuff for japan >.>

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
i still don't think there's gonna be any midnight releases. dexter didn't mention about any stores that does it.

lol tom, i have school tmr but i don't have school today.

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
oh sorry. Mililani gamestop is doing a midnight release, I asked. So if yall places aren't doing a midnight release, then...aaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha!!! Why don't you guys just ask wherever you reserved your game. Jeezamus Christamus!

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Hey guys. Merc works at Sam's Club. Yayuhz!!!

And I know two Chads that work at ToysnJoys. XD Bonus!!!

My friend Chad from school is going to hook me up as soon as they get it. So I may get it early. (well as early as American version goes)

Hey Dextah are you still gonsta do the party?

And Hello Maki Maki! :] I'm not sure if I've ever played you. But welcome. ^_O>

Oh yeah and Shoyo. Doesn't have to be all at once. I'm gonna say you owe me about 6-8 nights worth. I'll just say $20.00 since it's 3 dollars per-ride to kapolei. Doesn't have to be all at once. Just something to keep in mind.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
i think arvin works at gamestop still. he should hook me up..
So the Gamestop is still there but the ToysnJoys thing in Kapolei was closed. Were they in that same shopping center with the KFC Safeway etc?

I have to find out how I'm gonna get mine. I may not pick mine up right away sadly. As I said earlier my paychecks from the winter are taking their time. That and I lost two weeks of work cause of my trips to New Orleans and WA.

Hopefully I'll get my pay soon.

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
I'll do the party thing if you guys are gonna come. You guys wanna have it day before and then brawl at midnight, or you wanna have it the day after and brawl all day? Meaning, party on the night of the 8th or all day the 9th?

Darkmusician

Smash Master
My friend works at Gamestop

If anyone right here right now has the money to fully pay for a wii. As in go now and get it right now, hold on to that money. I'll talk to my friend and ask him when the next shipment comes in. I'll ask him to hold at least one.

Maki Maki

Smash Cadet
sams club will be having wiis, or so they say for the launch.

Darkmusician i think i played you once or twice at UH, but nothing serious. i work at tnj too so i think i will have my copy by the 9th.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
sams club will be having wiis, or so they say for the launch.

Darkmusician i think i played you once or twice at UH, but nothing serious. i work at tnj too so i think i will have my copy by the 9th.
Which TnJ do you work at? The one on Waialai I presume. Do you know a Chad Higa that works there?

Top Bottom