• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~// The Hawaii Thread \\~ V2.0

FireFly

Smash Lord
not really a weird question. some people bought 2-3 extra wiis and sold it when the whole island didnt have any. major profit

edit: bob you noob! wheres round 4 of my set with shoyo?

Tazoku

Smash Rookie
Its nice to see that there are other melee players out there.

Are there any regular melee meets or friendlies on maui?

I have been dieing to go up against someone other than my friend.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
not really a weird question. some people bought 2-3 extra wiis and sold it when the whole island didnt have any. major profit

edit: bob you noob! wheres round 4 of my set with shoyo?
Ho Grandma what you call me?! Noob?!

Patience child. I have something called A JOB and classes. Be glad that I uploaded what I did.
:pPPPPPP lolz

Also Tazoku. I'm sorry to say that Oahu is the only active island for SSBM. Mostly cause of me. Awwww yeah. lolz

Darkmusician

Smash Master
hey bob and tom, when we get brawl, we go instantly exchange friend codes and play an online match.
I still don't even know what my wii code is. lolz

But yeah I'll try to find out my friend code. I should probably tell Merc too. He'll be with me that night anyways.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Yah. **** on yo face. lolz

Hawaii tournament is looking very good. And I mean very good.
Spoke with PC Chris and he said not only will he go but he'll try to get some EC people to come as well.
Da Dave? Cort? M2K? Idk we'll see.
B.C. Canada is also in the works as far as OOS. Hawaii vs Canada. Now that would be epic. In fact if we actually had region crews that would be sick as hell.

Tri-Tone of Wisdom Part 2
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=144208

Watch it and love it. lolz

Darkmusician

Smash Master
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhh players from the mainland. I like play!!!
Brawl or melee? Whatever, both.
Hey Jem! :]

Yeah Dex. I'm trying to put together the first ever Nation wide Smash Tournament.
None of this online garbage. We gotsta do this face 2 face. lolz

We'll probably do anything. Melee or Brawl. I know there's alot of us that want to try both. hehehe

Also there are a few more players that I am reaching out to. But keep in mind that nothing is definite yet but it looks very good so far. Planning this now will help me later on.

I have a venue in mind it is the local rec center that I exercise at. They have a large party room for Graduations, Exercise classes, and Parties in General. Has a stage with a mike system. I will talk to them sometime this week to see if they are renting it out and get more details later. The sooner I secure a venue the more I can make promises and stuff to all of you.

Pray for my success in getting this venue. It would be really great if I got it.

Q Klilx

Smash Cadet
I haven't logged on to this site in so many months that I forgot my username. lol

So I know we've got the tourney coming up in March, but what's this nation-wide one we're talking about here? As long as it's not in May I'm all in, assuming I would even qualify for it. :p

Also sup.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Mind if a noob from Virginia joins in on Friday? ^^;

My dad's on a business trip here and I've been bored as hell.

Hope Fridays happens ^^;

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Mind if a noob from Virginia joins in on Friday? ^^;

My dad's on a business trip here and I've been bored as hell.

Hope Fridays happens ^^;
Hey there! You've come to right place. :]

We usually meet on Fridays and this week should be no exception.

I'll try to contact you somehow.

And as for the nation wide thing. I am planning what I can for that now. And it'll most likely happen either in June or July. August is kinda cutting it close to school.

All I can do now is save up money for food, venue costs, and other misc. things. Also I'll go this week and see if my ideal venue is doable or not.

Once the venue is confirmed I will make a thread. Ya I know summer is a long time from now but the sooner we start, the more OOS people can plan to come.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Great, thanks.

I know this is probably BYOC and all, but I left my controller (My weapon!) back in Virginia.
I checked the game stop at the mall and I couldn't spot one. I'm going to go check again tomorrow, if I don't have any luck do you think there could be any extra controllers on standby? Would be appreciated :D

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Great, thanks.

I know this is probably BYOC and all, but I left my controller (My weapon!) back in Virginia.
I checked the game stop at the mall and I couldn't spot one. I'm going to go check again tomorrow, if I don't have any luck do you think there could be any extra controllers on standby? Would be appreciated :D
1. Yeah I have plenty extra controllers.

2. I'll most likely be your ride. Name's Bobby. Nice to meet you. :]

3. My phone number is 808-497-4851. I get free texting so please text me with any questions you may have.

4. The reason my phone is best is because my mom's computer got infected by a worm. Lets just say I'll probably be deleting my MSN account after this is done. I'll be online during the mid day when I'm at school but after that I won't be going online much at all. Gotta keep the modem off till I can flush my hard drive.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Oops my phone was off. Sorry man! ^^

Also by some stroke of luck I can leech off of another Linksys router in my room. So I'll still have some internet at home. Just no AIM and whatnot.

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
our gamestops here are dirty. they hold on to their official gamecube controllers so we'd buy their generic ones. i was lucky enough to get two before they were held back again.

i went to ala moana today and the one there doesn't have it. i haven't check pearlridge but it's most likely your next best chance of getting a real GCN controller.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Da Circle is holding that Brawl tournament in March like I mentioned long ago.

They are asking for pre registering because long lines on tourny day are a mothafukah.

Sign up is THIS SUNDAY!!! The Fee will be $20.00. If you DON'T pre register you MAY NOT be able to play because there is a cap of players. AND you will be charged 30 instead of 20.

If you want me to SIGN UP for you on the 17th you must give me money by THIS WEEK. Cash only.

I will not and I repeat WILL NOT spot/pay for anyone's entry fee. I am too poor to spot people. It took me forever to track down everyone that I paid for at the last tournament and this time it's 20 bucks a head. If you don't have the money by Friday when we play then T.S. (tough situation)

This is the only day I know of for Pre Reg. If you wanna participate in anything else besides the Brawl tournament on that day speak to me in PM or on myspace because I'll have to find out the prices for that as well.

Again if you want to play for sure in this have the money for me this week Friday. Cash only. I will post this exact same message on myspace to spread the word.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
our gamestops here are dirty. they hold on to their official gamecube controllers so we'd buy their generic ones. i was lucky enough to get two before they were held back again.

i went to ala moana today and the one there doesn't have it. i haven't check pearlridge but it's most likely your next best chance of getting a real GCN controller.
lol, ala moana was the one I was talking about ^^;

Fuzzylittlbunny

Smash Journeyman
Hiya everyone. I know it's been a really long time but I've been busy lol. I'm actually having second thoughts about getting Brawl though. Without wavedashing and l-canceling it looks like any other slow fighting game... I can't really see SSBB having a competitive scene without those things. Although Toon Link looks pretty interesting with his weird D-air floaty glitch thing, and apparently his bombs have KO potential?

Meh, who am I kidding. I'll get it anyway so I can play online with my Jump Ultimate Stars partner. We have the nickname "The Golden Pair" lol ^_^

BTW I blame my prolonged absence to the combined factors of work, making videos, and playing JUS online. Unlike SSBM, I actually do well in Jump =3

But anyway, I still probably won't post here too much if at all until I get Brawl.

Bunny shall leave this little picture...
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/6108/bunnysoulzk9.jpg

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
bobby, is it possible to get more info on the Circle tournament? i don't wanna put in money for some bull**** tournaments. you should have an idea what i am talking about.

Q Klilx

Smash Cadet
Doesn't look that good to me. It's kind of like how I can go to my high school and be the best player there, but I think I'm simply decent.

What time does this Friday ordeal begin (and where is it held)? I may have work and that doesn't end until 8. Is it for playing Brawl or Melee?

Also, I'm still able to pre-reg for the Circle tourney online on their site right?

FireFly

Smash Lord
this week guys is only sunday not friday sorry. everyone has to clear out by 5:30pm so i suggest you guys come early, as early as you want

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I so predicted that ****. lolz Hey guys. Stealing internet from my neighbors lolz.

Brawl is awesome. Well it's only my opinion. But I love it and I will tweak tweak tweak.

I'll try to go to their website and message them. (Da circle)

Thank you Nintendo King. Very kind of you. :]

So ya K-9 no smash tomorrow. Sorry. :/
It's a good thing I went today and played choke.

They said that Zelda is pretty good now in Brawl. (which she is) But in the hands of a Zelda main, she is INSANE!!!

I wanna record **** now. And I wanna stop playing melee altogether now. lolz

Oh yah ...ファイヤジャグル. I'm gonna claim dat **** right now. Din's fire F-ing Juggles. I'm gonna **** with that move. ^_O>

Oh ya and Daniel. Tell your friend that he will never get respect by beating comps.

Fuzzylittlbunny

Smash Journeyman
Good point about the computers lol. But that guy is so hard-headed... I told him that to improve he would need to learn the advanced techniques, but he said that since they were taken out of SSBB there would be no reason to do so. I agreed with him, but wanted for him to at least see what was possible with the help of wavedashing and l-canceling by giving him the link to Soldier of Fortune, but he wouldn't even watch it... not even for entertainment purposes >_>

And which McDonalds is charging 9 bucks a meal? That's insane... The one in Manoa doesn't go over even 7, and I think that's a large size Double Big Mac meal. Plus that one is owner operated, so it's prices are higher than normal.

Just out of curiosity, have you guys reserved Brawl? Because the Gamestop site said that it was still possible to reserve a copy, but I'm not sure how the supply of that and Wiis will hold out. Less than a month left, and I feel I have little to no time left...

soranaka

Smash Journeyman
Oh yah ...ファイヤジャグル. I'm gonna claim dat **** right now. Din's fire F-ing Juggles. I'm gonna **** with that move. ^_O>
until the second stock when they figure out they can airdodge.

In Korea you can get a Big Mac meal for $3 flat during lunchtime. :D
in new zealand, they have this meal that's about $9-$10 (around $7 US) that has two burgers and something else. but then you have fish and chips places that have around 2x as much food for like, $3.

Good point about the computers lol. But that guy is so hard-headed... I told him that to improve he would need to learn the advanced techniques, but he said that since they were taken out of SSBB there would be no reason to do so. I agreed with him, but wanted for him to at least see what was possible with the help of wavedashing and l-canceling by giving him the link to Soldier of Fortune, but he wouldn't even watch it... not even for entertainment purposes >_>
your friend knows that you are right. he doesn't want to watch the video because he doesn't want to find out how right you are because he's scared.

Q Klilx

Smash Cadet
Who thinks 2 weeks of practice in Brawl (release to tourney with near-daily practice for 1-5 hours each day) is enough to get me ready to place high? :D

Top Bottom