• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~// The Hawaii Thread \\~ V2.0

Q Klilx

Smash Cadet
Yeah how can I contact that man? My friend and I (Joel knows who we are) have been wanting to play Melee with him for some time but we don't have his number or anything. JOEL CALL JON. :D

IrrasO

Smash Rookie
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wazBZ7NXO1o

Please watch this. This guy from the JUS board wants to know if he's good. He's the P1 Marth. He claims that 11 people say he's good, while 3 say he sucks, one of which was me... I mean come on, his Marth is worse than mine >_>
get him to play pretty much anyone from smashboards... his marth is ********, he's playing lvl7 comps, he'd more than likely get *****.

soranaka

Smash Journeyman
oh, terence, thanks for last night. good times.

...anyway.

Yeah how can I contact that man? My friend and I (Joel knows who we are) have been wanting to play Melee with him for some time but we don't have his number or anything. JOEL CALL JON. :D
my bad. if i'm free this weekend i'll give him a call.

FireFly

Smash Lord
can we keep this gamestop attitude out of my thread please, go buy controllers from toys n joys ;/
whos up for sunday unless someone else has a place?

Kenrawr

Smash Master
I so predicted that ****. lolz Hey guys. Stealing internet from my neighbors lolz.

Brawl is awesome. Well it's only my opinion. But I love it and I will tweak tweak tweak.

I'll try to go to their website and message them. (Da circle)

Thank you Nintendo King. Very kind of you. :]

So ya K-9 no smash tomorrow. Sorry. :/
It's a good thing I went today and played choke.

They said that Zelda is pretty good now in Brawl. (which she is) But in the hands of a Zelda main, she is INSANE!!!

I wanna record **** now. And I wanna stop playing melee altogether now. lolz

Oh yah ...ファイヤジャグル. I'm gonna claim dat **** right now. Din's fire F-ing Juggles. I'm gonna **** with that move. ^_O>

Oh ya and Daniel. Tell your friend that he will never get respect by beating comps.
It's cool.

**** my Zelda info was old news ._.
At least I wasn't wrong though :D
I'm leaving this Monday-Tuesday, I come every year so I'll check you guys up again ^^
Look forward to playing brawl in '09

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
um tom, i tried toys and joys too, there are only generic ones also. so far i've asked the ala moana gamestop and they aren't going to have a mid night release and no relating events like tournaments.

and yes zelda is insane in brawl. once i learn how to running behind and fsmash in brawl i should be able to take those 3 stocks.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Fire Juggling is real man. And so is Short Hop Double Arrows.

Ryoko put it the best. My zelda is like a Melee Zelda with Fire Spamming.

FireFly

Smash Lord
mmm i found my 2v2 partner today, gonna need some major tweakage action for this brand new game

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Lolz I love how the fate of smash fests hangs on wether I'm going or not.

Even if Terence happens to be busy too, there's always the bus. Tom can drive now. lolz

Sorry guys. Gotta spend some time with my father.

As most of you have noticed the brawl matches are up. And I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Fire Juggling yayuhz
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=145090

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
lol guess so bob

Tom(or anyone else), my house tomorrow, anytime after 1 if you wanna come on by. We'll break somewhere after 9. Call me up before you come since I can probably only have 3 people over or so at once
384-2685

Darkmusician

Smash Master
lol guess so bob

Tom(or anyone else), my house tomorrow, anytime after 1 if you wanna come on by. We'll break somewhere after 9. Call me up before you come since I can probably only have 3 people over or so at once
384-2685
Shoyo's so smart. Make the people come to him. Good ****.

Oh yeah this is for Eugene. I'm sorry it took so long and I wasn't able to make a cool little tactics video thing. I'll record more of your Toon Link next time I promise.

Short Hop Double Arrow by MellowD
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=145097

I'm sure people will reply with questions and comments constructive or otherwise. So I'll leave the rest to you. ^_O>

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
you brawl playing *******s!!! how dare you!!!

it

is

so

ON!!!

just wait...

when brawls comes, i'mma be doin some major falcon and gaw practicing.

I ain't gon F around!

you know what, I'mma go watch some vids to mentally practice. HUH!

Oh, it's comin!

FireFly

Smash Lord
w00t nick and frank going to japan. i wanna see what kind of stupid **** theyre going to bring back

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
and i think people should start getting their cars and stuff. there are only two usual drivers and smash isn't my priority anymore as much as i wish it still is. i am not sure about bobby because this guy is tweaking brawl in his mind already. but sure people have their ways like making the party some where else.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
you brawl playing *******s!!! how dare you!!!

when brawls comes, i'mma be doin some major falcon and gaw practicing.

I ain't gon F around!

you know what, I'mma go watch some vids to mentally practice. HUH!

Oh, it's comin!
Good luck with Falcon. He got nerfed to hell.

tenyearwarranty

Smash Apprentice
Whered you get a copy of Brawl Bobby? I'm more than willing to skip class to try it out :D

Garagefests will be postponed until summer because of our trip to Japan. Every penny counts.

Found any sweet AT's for Zelda yet Bobby? Increase your Zelda prowlness with a super secret special move! Could you check to see if PMSing is still present with Samus? I could care less for the bomb nerf but I need to know if my trademark is still in game!

If anyone needs to get a hold of me for anything hit me up here. 18 credits is killing me but I'm trying to stay active in the smash scene.

myspace.com/tenyearwarranty
facebook.com

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Whered you get a copy of Brawl Bobby? I'm more than willing to skip class to try it out :D

Garagefests will be postponed until summer because of our trip to Japan. Every penny counts.

Found any sweet AT's for Zelda yet Bobby? Increase your Zelda prowlness with a super secret special move! Could you check to see if PMSing is still present with Samus? I could care less for the bomb nerf but I need to know if my trademark is still in game!

If anyone needs to get a hold of me for anything hit me up here. 18 credits is killing me but I'm trying to stay active in the smash scene.

myspace.com/tenyearwarranty
facebook.com
Actually Jose I found a new tactic with the improved Din's Fire. I call it Fire Juggling. http://youtube.com/profile?user=darkmusician
You can find everything about my Brawl Zelda on there.

I'll hit you up on both book and space. And from what I've heard Platform Canceling should still be in. I will do my best to look into it for you. I'm pretty sure most of the platforms are a bit higher now.

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
sup guys!!!! long time long time im bored so i decided to pop in.... been watching the vids bobby boy has been putting up way to rep hawaii guys!!! us old fart smashers are out of it lol but we will see maybe..... maybe.....

like jose said were gonna be busy so no josefest cause joses gonna try to work his butt off to go to japan lol me and nick already bought our tixs

i saw the flyer tom you put up about the brawl tourny lmao were gonna miss that our japan crazy shindig is march 20 - 30 so have fun guys!!!! if none of you guys win imma be pissed....

represent more guys good job good job

Darkmusician

Smash Master
sup guys!!!! long time long time im bored so i decided to pop in.... been watching the vids bobby boy has been putting up way to rep hawaii guys!!! us old fart smashers are out of it lol but we will see maybe..... maybe.....

like jose said were gonna be busy so no josefest cause joses gonna try to work his butt off to go to japan lol me and nick already bought our tixs

i saw the flyer tom you put up about the brawl tourny lmao were gonna miss that our japan crazy shindig is march 20 - 30 so have fun guys!!!! if none of you guys win imma be pissed....

represent more guys good job good job
Sup Frankie. Long timez long timez.
The UH Courtyard Crew misses your loudness. lolz

Yeah I'm only young in gamer years. lolz Idk how much longer I can keep this up. But I'll try for as long as I can. School sucks anyways. lolz Music Education teachers are so stupid these days. It's like dog **** flying out of a cannon. Everything's up in the air.

Sending in my Windows computer to get flushed out tomorrow. I hate Windows and the stupid viruses they get. I also deleted my MSN email and whatnot. Won't be using that ever again. But that mainly applies to Maui, Canada and other random parts of the mainland.

And just to add on to what Frankie said, I would love to go and kick *** at that Da Circle tournament but I will not be here either. The UH band flies up to Reno/San Fran. during that time. TBH I don't wanna go. It's a waste of money and a poor excuse of a band we are anyways lolz. Bunch of scattered good players amongst garbage and frauds. So yeah sorry guys. But Tom can drive now so it's all good.

soranaka

Smash Journeyman
wow so much talk about brawl.

oh, me and shoyo were talking today about the tournament. how about this: no one goes to the first one. then, we challenge the winners of the tournament to a crew battle/money match. so like, every stock is $5 or something. that way, we can beat lots of people at one time for lots of money.

anyway, for melee, i've decided that i now main fox. not as a joke or anything, just because my fox is that **** sexy.

shoyo, that curry was really good. tell whoever thanks.

FireFly

Smash Lord
falcon isnt as bad as everyone said to be. dex and i did fine today (unorthodox bair to knee combos)

beating the winners from the brawl tourney for money sounds like a cool idea but i can just get my $500 immediately when i win the tourney instead of making arrangements to play people face to face when the game is online.

im currently making brawl power rankings for oahu so far top players:
1. Rob
2. Chad
3. Bob
4. Dexter
5. Eugene

yup

Darkmusician

Smash Master
falcon isnt as bad as everyone said to be. dex and i did fine today (unorthodox bair to knee combos)

beating the winners from the brawl tourney for money sounds like a cool idea but i can just get my $500 immediately when i win the tourney instead of making arrangements to play people face to face when the game is online.

im currently making brawl power rankings for oahu so far top players:
1. Rob
2. Chad
3. Bob
4. Dexter
5. Eugene

yup
We'll see how he measures up in the months to follow. I'm sure he isn't horrible. I mean he's the 2nd fastest character in the game. And nobody will ever understand what it's like to main a horrible character. Except for me, Gimpy, Taj, Kirby Kid and Simna etc. I'm sure Captain Falcon will never be as horrible as that.

And as for the power ranking....why? And no panel. lolz I only agree with the top 2 spots. I think Eugene should be third. I'm still a scrub at this game.

Well I'm glad that everyone is in favor of Brawl. At least that's what it sounds like. Cause I'm gonna need help this summer. Like alot of help. In fact I'm going to need everyone's help in making this tournament work. I'm sure all of us can relate to going to a poorly run tournament.

Jem.

Smash Master
His knee hitbox is worse.
Just the physics of the game make falcon bad, cause he relies on combos, and he just ISNT able to. The closest I've seen to a combo is neutral air, neutral air, knee that misses the electric part hitbox. He's a melee character trapped in brawl.

Falcon cant play the spacing game, he is too bad.
When my brother vs Balloon is up you'll see why..

Darkmusician

Smash Master
His knee hitbox is worse.
Just the physics of the game make falcon bad, cause he relies on combos, and he just ISNT able to. The closest I've seen to a combo is neutral air, neutral air, knee that misses the electric part hitbox. He's a melee character trapped in brawl.

Falcon cant play the spacing game, he is too bad.
When my brother vs Balloon is up you'll see why..
I see. I've actually never played against Falcon one on one. I think Chad and Rob and Eugene can add some insight to this. I remember Chad saying that CF isn't even fun anymore. o_o

Would be nice for Zelda to be able to take CF for once. Well, I mean I could always handle CF in melee but CF was always the better character. I guess since he's been tops in the first 2 games this could be a nice change.

It still strikes me as odd because despite the new physics engine because most of the characters are full of potential. Poor Falcon.

Top Bottom