• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~// The Hawaii Thread \\~ V2.0

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I'd love to go to Hawaii and meet Darkmusician

Partly because he's the only Hawaiian in the alaskan thread and partly because of he likes Lucario.
Hey man! Ya the Alaskan thread is awesome!!! Very nice reads in there fo sho. Lucario is too legendary. ^_O>

Maybe Alaskans can come to Hawaii this summer. :]

Gotcha Shoyo. I'll see what I can do. But I'll prepare for Sunday.

FireFly

Smash Lord
sunday would be good. but 2:00?? you guys should just come down to my place. start earlier + more people

soranaka

Smash Journeyman
lol, my friend just had his wisdom teeth pulled and i heard it felt like a *****. blood going down your throat and ****. i gotta get mines done like next month or something.!
they knocked me out for mine, which was nice. it was so weird; it's like you close your eyes and then open them again and it's done. i feel asleep twice after that too, and yeah, no dreams or nothing. i don't know how to describe it, but it's soooo trippy. i guess maybe like memento or something.

going in, i was thinking "hey, it's only teeth so it can't be that bad." but yeah, i think i would describe it as like, getting stabbed, and then getting the wound smashed with a hammer.

this is only the first half a day too, so maybe another couple of weeks before back to normal. the doctor said something about swelling. and pain, followed by aches. and then brusing.

so, in summation, painkillers ftw.

alright, i tried fox, and it is a good character IMO because of the auto ledge sweetspotting machanic. i agree with joel about dumbing down all the characters, but so far from watching the vids and playing the game, i think fox, shiek, and marth is still up there. i haven't tried new characters yet. i will give you guys an update on it later.

actually, the game is floaty, kinda like the 64 one.

i think like mvc2, nintendo got really lucky with melee in having a game that was actually playable at high levels without completely breaking down. i always saw it as being a game for noobs that was really really well designed, to the point of (again, with some luck) being incredibly deep.

my fear then, was that because it more for casual play, when nintendo balanced brawl they might ignore the metagame. so almost to the point of "what moves would a pro use to **** a newb" and then just take that stuff out. i haven't even played the game, so i don't know what i'm talking about, but yeah, i was worried about that.

sunday would be good. but 2:00?? you guys should just come down to my place. start earlier + more people
**** kapolei. **** it long, and **** it hard.

and **** your couch while you're at it.

and you know what, **** chicks. we're going dancing.

Partly because he's the only Hawaiian
no son, you have to be part hawaiian to be hawaiian.

Hmm, maybe 2. Anytime from 2 would be good. Gotta disband by like 9pm.
Frick, maybe I should change to sunday. Forgot my dad has all day off work. Sunday okay guys?
And joel, you should come by if this works out since I bailed on you a few times.
how about both? or how about @ my house?

i don't know how i'll be feeling tomorrow. kinda don't want to leave the house, but if you want to come over that'd be okay. anyway, give me call with whatever you decide.

yeah, i don't have text messaging, so voicemail?

soranaka

Smash Journeyman
i wish i could post without quoting...

yeah there will be pain joel and you will talk like a ****** (the best part)
that's what she said. actaully, that's pretty hott.

Haha, joel's too good
No texts=fail
Hmm, we'll see. Probably can only do one not sure
eh?
yeah..
come over then. concerning sunday, i have to study for a test on monday, so i'm either going to need you to tutor me, or break pretty early. or not go over.

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
again... you guys have fun. i have a couple papers to do. even though i procrastinate, at least i'd feel better about it if i don't leave the house.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
go suck bobby's **** guys
Indeed. We shall see guys. Oh and Joel. For the first few days be very careful about the painkillers. And always carry a basin or a bucket near you because you may feel like vomiting. Particularly after you take the painkillers.

The painkillers didn't do anything for me. But that's another story.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
So what's going down tomorrow? I'm pretty sure I can, but I wanna know what's happening and if it's alright with bob to get a ride and stuff since terrence isn't going.
Tom, your house? Or joel's? Or mine?

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
bobby did you get merc some food? next time if i go there i'd buy a box of cup noodles for him. at least he has something to eat.

just a heads up. i will drive to anyone's house if they have a copy of brawl in march.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
That would be me then T-Bone. lolz

Oh and don't worry about Merc. He gets a pay check every week now and is working at almost 11 dollars an hour. He's quite well off.

FireFly

Smash Lord
lol brawl without wii = fail
play brawl everyday because melee only needs to be played once a week
waipahu is coming tomorrow

Darkmusician

Smash Master
lol brawl without wii = fail
play brawl everyday because melee only needs to be played once a week
waipahu is coming tomorrow
Hey guys. I changed my mind. I'll come and play today. The sooner I finish my video the sooner I can stop caring about Melee.

If anybody in town reads this I'll try to pick you guys up. I finish church at around 11 ish. So I hope you guys are awake by then. I'll try my best to call you and if I wake you up I'm sorry.

Tom is like 12 ish an okay time to come down?

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
idk i did say something like not getting too competitive with brawl. i am growing up and i don't want to still be tweaking on games. there must be something else better to do.

anyway, i guess i will play brawl with everyone at their houses, until i get my own, hopefully. sweet.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
idk i did say something like not getting too competitive with brawl. i am growing up and i don't want to still be tweaking on games. there must be something else better to do.

anyway, i guess i will play brawl with everyone at their houses, until i get my own, hopefully. sweet.
I am going to tweak the **** out of Brawl. I am going to continue to communicate with pros on the Mainland and beyond. I will plan tournaments and negotiate with local companies. And I will continue to post videos and contribute as much as I can on the boards.

I love this game too much. ^_O>

FireFly

Smash Lord
excellent **** today, even though i stayed out kinda late my parents were okay with it so good deal
i have no school next monday or wednesday because our school is weird ;/ this friday probably my house if jose doesnt have one

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Good **** like always
Man I did pretty alright today, huh tom?
Frick I'm still hungry!

Friday yayyay! Think I only have no school on monday next week. Tom your school's so badass

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
i should be able to help a bit with rides and such. it'd be much better if i have a ****ing bus though. my car is only good for like 2 or 3 suit cases.

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
hay, anyone who's not getting brawl and wants to play on launch day, I'll make a brawl party at my house on saturday the 8th of march and then pick it up during the midnight release (if there is one, most likely though) and then we'll play brawl. How's that?
Just let me know if ya'll interested.

Top Bottom