• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~// The Hawaii Thread \\~ V2.0

Trepidation

Smash Cadet
Thats a guy?
No way? haha

Lol eugene i remember you telling me about that.

The most interesting people come to transit center ey?

Anyway, I was thinking about not entering but I entered at the 6 o clock bracket.
Apparently bryan was being nice and went 8 o clock but then thnx to rylan and his prank bryan switched to 6 to kill us.... and rylan's not even entering 6....
*cries....

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
TVs
1. Bobs (2)
2. Jose (2)

Cubes
1 Frank (1)
2. Tom (1)
3. Chad (1)

Kawaiikon
1. Frank
2. nick
3. jose
4 ed (waipahu)
5 eugene (waipahu)
6 bobs
7. shoyo
8. chad (waipahu)
9. rylan (waipahu)
10. kawaika (waipahu)
11. Joel
12. Tom ?
13. Terence ?

IMMA CUT IT TONITE AT 8!!!!!! we get in for free and yes imma start scheduals be there maybe by 6 to start setting up and tourny starts around 7. WE ARE IN CHARGE pretty much so if Jeremy is not there Bobs and Jose will be in charge of the Bracket Programme. I will set the shifts on whos refereeing after i know how much tvs there gonna be there. Jeremy says we kinda have to provide ours since the gears of war tourny is still going on at the Blaisdell. he can provide us most with 2 tvs on that day. But theres already 1 tv there for their booth just for smash on friday or something like that. So bobs i guess u needs to bring your tvs. Jose i think is brining 2 as well 6+ tv is good. If we end early we can look around the venue so please help out with the tvs and cubes.

question mark next to your name means idk if your coming or not but you sound like you want to come.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Look at everyone not believing of the said male. Lawl

Daniel, I started it, sort of. Ain't it fun!?

I'm wondering Joel, how exactly does it work? That olympic thing is pretty interesting.

What's this entry fee about!?

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
FRANK just one more question. do we get our free entry passes early in saturday? or we have to enter as a group? i was thinking if each of us get an individial passes, i could go a bit earlier to actually cruise at kawaii kon. 'cause you know, gonna kill the time between our tourney and kawaii kon's tourney.

but anyway, i am helping out at KK for sure.

Fuzzylittlbunny

Smash Journeyman
We get in for free to the tournament tomorrow? I'll be going, and I might be able to bring a friend. And if you already know that I'm going, do I still have to come an hour early?

And good job, Shoyo. You just had to post that picture of a guy who looks like a chick... however, that link provided me with some fun on the GameFAQs boards. The first person said that she was very, very cute. But then he deleted his messsage after I asked him if he knew what a hermaphrodite was =D

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
I was wondering the same thing as Terence. I want to kill time between the two tournies as well. That way, while we're helping out, there won't be too much I want to see anymore.

Lawl, link to said thread. I bet it was CE.

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
negative jeremy brings us in well actually idk really kno but he says im in charge but most likely we have to enter as a group

tomorrow aint a free tourny

FireFly

Smash Lord
allright teams....FTW!

man i am so excited for all this smashing in oahu

PS - look for me on the news channel 8 tonight

toms got (school) spirit yes he do toms got (school) spirit, how bout you?

-_-

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
wow seriously KK is being gay. they asked us to make a smash event at their place without providing us free passes? although KK is charging us less but still, what do we get in the end? nothing much honestly, and we are bring our own **** too. that's really nice of KK, *****es.

and REGGIE, tmr i get out of school at 2:45 and staying in school to take a history test. which takes probably an hour. then i am going home to drop my book bag and finally heading to PNT tourney. or i could just go straight from moanalua to blaisdell, if time is tight.

FRANK i am only bring a cube + game for KK right? not PNT?

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
wow seriously KK is being gay. they asked us to make a smash event at their place without providing us free passes? although KK is charging us less but still, what do we get in the end? nothing much honestly, and we are bring our own **** too. that's really nice of KK, *****es.
OMFG WTF IS YOUR PROBLEM

first of all they ask jeremy and jeremy asked me to do it i could have said no right away but no i didnt. we dont really know wats up with the entry fee thingy but dude if your want something out if this wtf!?!?!?! i asked you guys for help HELP... cause we are hawaii's smash community and hopeuflly spread smash and i trust you guys.... but wtf I ****ING VOLUNTEERED FOR THIS **** AND IM ****ING NOT EXPECTING ANYTHING IN RETURN!!! I ****ING SAID YOUR HELPING THE ****ING WHOLE TIME AND NOT ****ING WALKING AROUND!!!! DONT ****ING EXPECT TO GO TO KK AND WALK AROUND AND NOT ****ING HELP OUT

im getting to much stress helping out with jeremies tourny and this bull**** aint helping
COME ON SERIOUSLY WTF!!!!!

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
dont mind my last post im getting stressed about everything from ther adio thing to the tournies coming up everything.

but seriously tho i specifically asked for help at kk and i trust you guys the most. ive always been there for you guys giving rides to and from home etc and i expect some help in return. i admit the entry thing is messed up and thats why im trying my best to sort things out, at this very moment im still waiting for the KK guy to call me but no word yet.

come on we always wanted a island wide tourny and jeremy is providing us that.... his also providing us with extra stuff like KK and most of these things his paying off his own pocket, come on guys i volunteered for everything jeremy is doing and im not getting paid to do it, the radio interview, helping out with the rules, setting up, i mean come on i have his cell number to keep you guys updated with everything. all i wanted is help from you guys and if you guys expect something in return... idk....

one thing tho if entry thing is messed up then we can just say no to KK

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
My chances of going to the prelims tomorrow are looking really slim. Almost no chance of me going. My last hope is that my co-worker calls me tonight to tell me if he can or can't switch with me tomorrow. But I don't he's able to switch. I'll be waiting though.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I'm gonna try to get up early tomorrow so I can make it to UH before traffic. I'll probably be chillin at the Music department playing Pokey Men. Had an awesome dinner tonight with my crew. It like totally cancled out all the dumb stuff that happened this week. 4 More days of school for meeee. ^^

Team is now Lucario 45, Torterra 47, Mismagius 45, Alakazam 50 and Palkia 47. I want a Milotic... T_T almost at the L33t four! =D

LET'S ALL HAVE FUN TOMORROWZ!!! $ KICKS FOR EVERYONE!!! :p

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I hope your thumb recovers soon Shoyo.

Just a final reminder, I won't be driving anyone down tomorrow. Get there on your own steam by bus, car, or whatever. I will be staying to help with any clean up and I will drop people off after. And by people I mean the townies Terence, Shoyo, and Joel. If you have a curfew or something important early on Saturday I highly suggest you arrange a ride cause my hands will be tied tomorrow.

Everyone bring your Pokemon!!! We can battle or mix records and stuff. I'll also bring my laptop in case of a random wireless. I might bring my fold up stool just in case too. Oh and since nobody has mentioned anything regarding food, I guess we should all eat before 6:00pm cause things will start picking up around that time.

I honestly don't know if Merc is coming tomorrow. He hasn't paid yet, and his cell and his home phone are not picking up. He'll probably contact me if anything so we'll see.

Finally, Joel, Reggie, and Evan. Make sure you bring your payment. And Terence and Scott make sure you bring 10 for me too thanks.
If anyone else hasn't paid me yet for something or other please be honest and pay me tomorrow. Y'know what they say, "Paybacks a $ Kick in D face!" lolz

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Final board check before I sleep, so I don't think I'll post until the tourny finishes. Maybe period 7 if I get the chance.

Thanks Bobby. If it still hurts, I'm just gonna avoid the X button, since it's somehow the only one that gives me massive pwnage. So maybe no wavedash from me, and only slight button presses with my right thumb. I'm gonna go pimpstick(Peach/Marth/Sheik) against all the scrubs, so I don't really need to press anything.

My pokemanz will definitely be there, but I'm not too sure on battling you all. Strongest pokemon's a lvl 27 Luxio, so I'm pretty sure I'll get whooped.

I think I'll pick up food with Tom or whoever's there early after I finish my bracket. I pray to god there isn't anyone from JGC to face tomorrow. If there is, please move to a later bracket. =)
My thumb is kicking my arse, kthnx

Kib0U

Smash Journeyman
hello wow these pages rack up fast... i had to read a bunch of krap befor i found out where i left off "frickin A get off work at like 1 and have to read ths krap can i say crap if it bleeps out dang"but im still lost cuzz yea ed diddent tell me anything about KK on wendsday and on wends day paid for the turny... i paid the full price $10.......... in nickles and dimes!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahhaa it was a wtf moment !.! i was in the 8:oo bracket but they pissed me off and i had to turn around so im in the 6:oo bracket now yay!!!! anyways about KK u still need a tv and a cube i think i can support one and a cube... of ice errrrrrr that was lame....... dude can tell i just got off work cause im useing gay words like lame... omg must sleep!!! well yea let me know about KK caus if i dont get any info im just ganna go buy my surfboard and hit the beach!!!!!!!

quick question??? you know that thing with the thing... nvm

frank: chillax!!!! im bored i know how stress full shiz like this can be... its like how me and gene try to plan dodgeball... sometimes it works other times its like a melted vag1na

what shuould i buy.... help me out... surf board or DS and pokeman "i swear to god if i get pokeman ill go tweak mode and gene know how i tweak on pokemon with all those IV's EV's and all that time tring to get poke rus omg i will have no life ifthats the case

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
yeah sorry i was getting mad because of the entry. but you gonna admit it is messed up. i knew we will get nothing much in return and all that. i have no problem with that. just saying because KK should treat us better? dude i just feel bad because jeremy is going to pay for our entries with his own money. oh well if this is how it is gonna be than tough luck for us.

i am still willing to help for the KK tourney. i will be there with my cube and game.

Trepidation

Smash Cadet
Sweet I just heard jeremy on Star 101.9 this morning lol. Didn't get a chance to catch frankie though cause i had to visit the porcelain throne for a good half hour.

Don't eat 1 week old jack in a box taco's guys....

Anyway, yeah the KK fee is a lot if we need to pay so like frankie said, we can just say no. And bryan you ******* we checked the brackets yesterday and you're not at 6. What do you mean "they"? that was rylan who called you and said that. It was pretty funny how you paid for everything that day with your coins though ^-^.

Bryan don't get sucked into pokemon!!! go buy a surfboard. haha

Btw. bobby, fricking chad's zelda is a female dog....
He pulled out this 6 hit combo on me last night...
Stupid kicks....
I want to see a zelda ditto ^-^

Oh and Good luck at prelims everyone!

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
Well, looks like I'm not gonna be going to prelims. Gah, the guy didn't call me at all!!!
I wanted to go and support JGC. Well, good luck all.

Maybe if it last to like 11 or something, I can show up after work.
I'll call jeff up after work to see if I should come down or not. Assuming that he goes.

FireFly

Smash Lord
jesus christ i give everyone a days break to get ahead of me and theyre all in their 50's!

im still at 41!
>_> once i beat the elite four im kinda not playing the game so much

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
I want a breakdown of the smash tourney PRONTO!!!
Winners, how many people showed up, exciting matches, etc.
NOW PLEASE!!!

Thanks.

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
I want a breakdown of the smash tourney PRONTO!!!
Winners, how many people showed up, exciting matches, etc.
NOW PLEASE!!!

Thanks.
okay dexter
i think this time only around 40 playrs came.
1st bracket we had jose, arvin, shoyo and terence together to fight for our final spot.
jose and i made it to finals. first round was jose vs arvin and shoyo vs terence. we had to tear each other apart... probably no exciting matches tho.

i will let the other people tell you about their brackets.

FireFly

Smash Lord
people who advance (no specific order)

1. Tom
2. Jose
3. Frank
4. Nick
5. Terence
6. Shoyo
7. Bobby
8. Kawika
9. Nolan
10. Chad
11. Dex
12. i forget

it was gey cuz you could pay 5 bucks more to enter again in a different bracket if you got eliminated early -_- so sho and nolan shouldnt be there

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
people who advance (no specific order)

1. Tom
2. Jose
3. Frank
4. Nick
5. Terence
6. Shoyo
7. Bobby
8. Kawika
9. Nolan
10. Chad
11. Dex
12. i forget

it was gey cuz you could pay 5 bucks more to enter again in a different bracket if you got eliminated early -_- so sho and nolan shouldnt be there
new list
1. Tom
2. Jose
3. Frank
4. Nick
5. Terence
6. Shoyo (paid again)
7. Bobby
8. Kawika
9. Nolan (paid again)
10. Chad (paid again)
11. Dex
12. robert (scott gave his spot up to him because he couldn't come tmr)

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Well the 12th man was Rob. He will be taking Scotts place in the finals.

DEXTER!!!! I MADE IT!!! YAAAY!!! ^____^

I agree Terence. The 10 bucks was worth it.

Win or lose tomorrow, I'm gonna be happy. This is pretty much the best Island Rankings we'll have. I'm gonna see how far up I can go. Congrats to everyone who made it. I can't believe that Nolan paid back in twice. That is utter bull.

Wow Terence. You posed what I was going to say before I even finished posting it.

....Pokemon ftw

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
No specific order, tom? Let's see...pillars on top, Dexter at bottom.
I THINK THAT MEANS SOMETHING!!!

Oh, thanks for the info guys, see ya tomorrow. Be there before 10 right?

Top Bottom