• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~// The Hawaii Thread \\~ V2.0

chungamer

Smash Journeyman
Smash League wtf . . . . i guess ill go for it, but i dont want to be on brawl, the game is gona be to different, i can see it will have more big combo's with out LC

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Just thought I'd step in for a moment to give y'all a progress report on my trip.

Maui is nice. But there's nothing to do really after band is done. If I had a car that may be a different story. I heard you have to be 25 to rent one now. Is that true?

Yes I found some smashers. I came....I saw....I wrecked. Sorry Harm. ^^ But these Maui kids have good potential. I think if the community was as active in Maui, they really would be as good as some of us. It all comes down to time spent and playing good people I guess.

It is very hard for me to go out and smash with anyone anytime. So I am stitting at my house, playing comps to keep things in my head. Sadly, I am probably degenerating by the day. My reaction time, reflexes, and mindgames are probably sucking at this point. I swear I don't even know how to play Zelda anymore. :O

I'm gonna try to head to Lahaina next week and play some of the vet smashers of Maui. I don't know what kind of shape they're in but we'll have to wait and see. Although I seriously doubt I'll be able to pull of a tourny much less a smash fest here. It's just really hard when it's not your turf I guess.

On the other hand, I have time to write music, play pokey man and I've lost 5 pounds. lolz

Dextah! Use your own account brah! lolz

Hope all is G rated with everyone in the JGC. Two more weeks to go. lolz

ne0alex369

Smash Cadet
Bobby switching his main?!?!?!?!?!?
oooo to wat may i ask???
o and r the maui smashers better
then me and david??? lol i just want
to see how i compare to other smashers lol

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Bobby switching his main?!?!?!?!?!?
oooo to wat may i ask???
o and r the maui smashers better
then me and david??? lol i just want
to see how i compare to other smashers lol
I am thinking about changing to Marth. He's the only other character I can use anyway.

Marth is just an all round strong character. Idk, I'm sure once I have human brains to play against the answer will present itself. But I'll just keep practicing.

And as for how good they are....well....I've three stocked them and I've three stocked you guys.
Lets just say that you and your brother have the extreme advantage regardless.
1-You live near Shoyo and Matt.
2-You have eachother to play against everyday.
3-You play in weekly/biweekly smashfests and have tournaments available once a month or so.
4-Oahu has a more active and competetive community. I'm sure you've played against The Pillars, Merc, Arvin, Dexter Me, etc. several times by now.

With all that, even if you guys aren't as good right now ( we wouldn't know until you played them) you guys will probably surpass them by the end of the year. Just keep playing with the JGC and you'll see the progress. =)

soranaka

Smash Journeyman
pivot f-smash is awesome too, i hear.

but yeah, maybe the urge'll pass. like, i dont' really like playing peach that much, but it's hard to switch so she's still my main.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Yeah. I think it all comes down to consistancy and confidence in the character under pressure. But then again, the grass is always greener on the other side of the tier list.

chungamer

Smash Journeyman
marth is kool but i dont belive in chain grabing all day, in every opperunity. das pretty gheto i try to limit my self to killing one life with chain grabing

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I would grab all day if I could. I love grabbing. The whole sticking the ***** in the ear thing. Messes with people.

I'd much rather kill with spikes cause it's kool li dat. Spikes that come out of like a dash attack or up tilt is pretty sexy.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Lawl, what happened to lighting the bottom tier of lights or whatever?

Joel, who were you thinking of switching too? If you could. I like your Peach though, it's pretty fancy.

Oshiro

Smash Journeyman
if you are switching to marth you gonna learn the pivot chain grap.
Edited for correct pronunciation >_>

Also, Chain grabbing makes matches boring. You should grab someone like, twice, and after that, SWING THAT SWORD!

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Currently playing Zelda Ocarina of Time. Game got like mad ratings. 10 from gamespot. Only N64 game to do that. Too good.

Hehehe. I'll still be lighting the way for bottom tiers. Everyone keeps telling me to have an equal backup character so I figured why not.

Like Joel, I'll probably keep Zelda. All of my biggest wins have been through her. I just need to play you guys again and get my rhythm back. But if my Marth becomes as good as my Zelda then I wouldn't mind switching between them. Like Toms Fox and CF.

New sig. Thank you Oshiro. N00bsauce ftw. If you guys can relate to this sig I high five you!

For you guys chain grabbing might be gay, but if you let me, my Zelda will do it till death. Captain falcon and fox have so many other outs on me it's kinda a must to keep things close.

Crusade....lolz

Darkmusician

Smash Master
zelda can chain grab, shes bottom tier for christ sake

And don't ANY of you forget it!!! lolz ^_^

I was discussing this with Shoyo earlier, and since we're on the subject of tier lists, it seems that the "triangle of Marth>Fox>Shiek>Marth" no longer applies. 2-3 years ago maybe....but now they seem even now. I wonder how Falco and Peach fit into the equations too, besides the obvious chain grabs and auto combos. Eg. Fox up throw to up smash on Falco etc.

Just thought I'd throw that in the air for discussion.

blancachaos

Smash Rookie
Sup! The names Nick, I'm the new smasher from Kaneohe (Living in town for the summer). I main Falco/Dr. Mario. Hope to see you guys soon at the next fest.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Sup! The names Nick, I'm the new smasher from Kaneohe (Living in town for the summer). I main Falco/Dr. Mario. Hope to see you guys soon at the next fest.
Sup Nick. Names Bobby. I main Zelda (no Sheik). I have a Marth too but that's still in the lab right now. lolz

Ne Who.....you said smashfest. O_O You came to the right place. I handle most of the smash fests nowadays. We have fests at Tenyears house as well (those are the best) , but pretty much anything else I'm the guy to talk to.

Hope to talk to you more laters. Always nice to see new smashers in Hawaii. =D

ne0alex369

Smash Cadet
lasers=pwnage lol thats the only
thing i got against a gay chaingrab...
well that's how i stop my gay bro
he can't get near me lol and i'm thinking
about changing my TOP main instead
of it being marth i think i'm gonna change
it to falco...i really wanna learn from Nick

FireFly

Smash Lord
yeah they dont even post anymore. well there are a lot of active smashers on your side and next smashfest might be on wed or fri

Darkmusician

Smash Master
lasers=pwnage lol thats the only
thing i got against a gay chaingrab...
well that's how i stop my gay bro
he can't get near me lol and i'm thinking
about changing my TOP main instead
of it being marth i think i'm gonna change
it to falco...i really wanna learn from Nick
Hehehe. The only lazers I fear are Nicks, and Mercs. Almost impossible to reset my spacing when playing them, unless I tech....on pourpose. lolz

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Bascially all of the smash fest info is on page one. Thanks to Frankie for keeping it updated and organized. ^_^

We smash in town alot nowadays. Where exactly in town are you staying right now? I can give you a lift like the other townies.

Oh yeah check this out.
The 2007 Tier list brought to you by Gimpyfish THIS LIST IS NOT OFFICIAL

Top tier -Marth, Fox, Falco, Sheik

High tier-Peach. Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, Samus, Jigglypuff

Mid tier-Dr. Mario, Mario, Luigi, Ganondorf, Link

Low tier -Donkey Kong, Young Link, Pikachu, Roy, Yoshi

Bottom tier-Bowser, Mr. Game and Watch, Zelda, Ness, Mewtwo, Pichu, Kirby

Thank you Gimpy! YOU JUKED ME LOLZ!!! You r da man! =D

blancachaos

Smash Rookie
Bascially all of the smash fest info is on page one. Thanks to Frankie for keeping it updated and organized. ^_^

We smash in town alot nowadays. Where exactly in town are you staying right now? I can give you a lift like the other townies.
Where in town do you guys smash? I can probably get a ride from a friend, but I'll keep you posted on that. I live right across the street from Blaisdell, right next to the TGIF that closed down.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
We smash at UH Manoa. We can talk more about rides and stuff when the time comes.

Wait....TGIF CLOSED!!! WHAT!? WHEN?! Man...I leave the island for a week and the whole operation's a shambles. lolz

Top Bottom