• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~// The Hawaii Thread \\~ V2.0

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Everyone, good games today. Lots of nice team matches, and singles. Time pretty much flew by while being famished. Dang McD's never filled me up

I'm up for some more on Thursday, probably. Movies I can change to Saturday since I'm the man and whatnot.
For food, I think it'll be good. Costco has everything

Tom, how'd you like the beasting on the last Fox Falcon matchup? Mwuahaha

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Buying food for a smash fest is always the hardest part.

I usually do Pizza since it's the easiest way to feed multiple people. Also you can go on a food run, but it's tough getting people to help with that and getting enough change for everyone becomes a big problems sometimes.

Personally I've found that cooking doesn't really work. I guess you can try this week and see how it goes. I recommend getting a head count, then buying the food ahead of time, and then decide how much money you think would be fair per head. Don't be like me and lose $40 something dollars in one night. Well you can take this for what it's worth. I still lose some money either way usually. Depends on how many people come as well. lolz

Good games today. Some good things I noticed.
-My Marth got better. So I am no longer a one trick Pony. Must be diverse....like Azen. ^_^
-Eugene has improved quite a bit.
-Rob I'm sorry I hit you so much in teams....I noticed I'm good at hitting my partners at all of the wrong times.
-Zelda is good in teams....(I know I know blah blah blah)

I'm gonna miss this. But a month away on another Island will do me some good too. Chance to play other games, hang with my other friends and possibly make some new ones. Also I get to eat, drink and sleep in a very nice house for one month at no extra cost. And most importanly...NO WORK!!! lolz

Thank you to everyone that came out this past week. I think I pretty much got to see everyone in the JGC this week at least once. Except for Jose and some of the Waipahu people. Andrew where were you? T_T lolz
I will see you all in a month and I'll post every once in a while.

Remember, good **** and no johns...Darkmusician out. = w =

FireFly

Smash Lord
ah i need a ride back on thurs. dave do you think it would be possible? if not then i guess i cant go if frank cant

chungamer

Smash Journeyman
hey hey hey ...i got somthing new learned its the

Shine > upsmash

babe with no wave dash allllllrite lol
u might be thinkin only do it on heavy guys but i can pull it off on falcos

FireFly

Smash Lord
the momentum from a dash makes you travel a little bit after you jc the shine with an upsmash

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
smash is getting bigger folks thanks to jeremy and PNT:

new info bout smash and gamnig itsekf:
Jeremy is making HGL aka hawaii gaming league which sounded pretty interesting. He already made a league for Gears of Wars and he wants to try and make a Smash League. Thing is though how Gears does their League is via interent which smash dont have. He was thinking to either wait till brawl comes out or do it like MLG style and hold tournies and theres the championship at the end of the year or something like that. All in all meaning more tournies for us well for u guys anyway idk bout me.... if things get interesting i might hold of retirement.... but thats a big maybe
and of course yours truly will be helping out in all of this and might be on the HGL board members for smash unless you guys think someone else is better suited for the job.

kk now for the business at hand.... any ideas on hwo u guys wanna do the smash league? i got some idea on how to do it but i wanna hear u guys out first

indie_dave

Smash Ace
alright, if anybody's down for smash on thursday at lehua come on by.
we'll start at 5pm and end whenevers.

food: i haven't really done food for any of these events yet so that makes me the bad host yeah sry sry
but easy plan--whoever wants in lemme know by posting here and i'll get a bunch of those really cheap $5 rotisserie chickens at costco and we'll cook rice or spaghetti and do salad too. sound filling enough? i think $5 a person should cover whoever wants but you gotta let me know by thursday morning or NO FOOD FOR YOU ^_^

all: fun matches today, i think i was sucking even worse than normal T .T
tom: thanks for having us today! sry about being dix during 2v2 with that infinite grab lol i'm even more awful in teams, can only spam that cheap downsmash :'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''( plus too i'm intimidated by your 1337ness lol thx for being such a good sport about that lol
Q4E

sounds great frankie! you get my vote, easy decision

THURSDAY AT LEHUA:
i'll update this list as everybody informs me they're coming

so far..(11-15+)
eugene - might bring ppl
shoyo - need ride
joel - need ride
matt - is cool
tom - need ride
felix - need ride
arvin - need ride
nolan - need ride
darren - need ride
andrew - need ride
blaise - maybe
rob - maybe
josh - maybe
jase - maybe lol

i'll see what i can do about rides
if you wanna eat, lemme know now or you'll have to battle for food like a man (on your own sucka)

FireFly

Smash Lord
ill do smash league if anyone else wants to. (majority vote?) one idea i have in mind is power rankings i guess.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Dammit Oshiro, stop having a life! You never came to the last billion fests. =(

Hey Dave, does that list mean you can give me a ride back to my place on Thursday? Need to make sure since I'm somehow busy this week.

What's your ideas on it Frankie? I'll agree with the power rankings with Tom, but I'm hoping it won't lead to arguing and whatnot.

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
i didnt mean power rankings smash league meaning like NBA NHL etc etc....

but i was thinking like each "division" for example kapolei, town, mililani etc has its own division or watever. best player in the division gets a free seat in the championship tourny while ppl still get to go just that they have to pay, getting the idea from MLG and EVO were u have to go to the qualifying tournies (EVO east EVO west etc.) to go to the EVO championship. its just a thought

thing is i want to make things fair cause each area of the island has different amount of players like kapolei has 8 while pearl city /aiea has like 3 - 4 not really fair wen u only have to go thru 3 ppl while the other one has to go thru 7.

Like i said in my earlier post its easy for Gears of Wars cause they can play on the internet which SSBM lacks right now. So if we can come up with a way to divide the divisions or soemthing like that then its a go, if not we wait for Brawl.

FireFly

Smash Lord
if you REALLY want to do it then by all means lets go

*still waiting for ride response* mililani is like 10 light years away from UH and kapolei

indie_dave

Smash Ace
lol ok got it.
i'll give all yall townies ride back and lol yeah mililani super far desudesudesu
tom if you still wanna come i'll give you and felix ride back, i don't mind so just lemme know

indie_dave

Smash Ace
@matt: volleyball practice? for school?? i thought the season got pushed to spring or something..

@tom: ride offer still remains^_^..

oc3 wish i was remotely good enough to go..

sigh..

mellowD

Smash Apprentice
hey can yalll do me a favor and like call meh for events my internet no work breh
291-3864 hot korean luvin ;)

ne0alex369

Smash Cadet
I'd like to go thursday however if david
can't go then i believe i can't go either...
and if i do go then don't worry about the food
i'll find something to eat before i go...

Like david said...league?? i'm probably not
good enough to compete or watever but
it sounds cool so can some1 fill me and david in?

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Man Oshiro, you have to stop being so busy sometime. I like your Fox with little shinespikes. And I never get to face any Roys.

David and Alex, what we know is what's typed, so yeah.

Dave, thanks for the ride back~
Appreciate it mucho

Oshiro

Smash Journeyman
Shoyo, you'd probably like my Falco with little lasers if you like my fox with little shinespikes.

Oshiro

Smash Journeyman
I need an opinion, which sig should I use?

This one?

Or this one?

EDIT:
Awesome backgrounds and animations make anything unexplainably awesome >_>

Top Bottom