• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~// The Hawaii Thread \\~ V2.0

mellowD

Smash Apprentice
has anybody been checking smashbros.com?
coz it seems that we are in store for a treat :)
most likely a new trailer some screens and OMG maybe a revelation of new/old characters!!
4 more days ppl..

*edit
rob has internet everyone!! so pm that mofo like crazy!! buahahhahaha

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Okay, I was trying to talk to Gene on Aim, but I guess mobile is not working. lolz

Is Waipahu planning on coming Friday? If so, let me know please. I hope you will come with cars because I won't be able to drive people home. Driving Jeff, Arvin, Tom and Felix ( if he comes ) soooo yeah.

Hmmm...no kitchen....no fridge. That kinda changes things then. I'll figure something out. Kay shoots.

Thank you very much. lolz

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
Okay, I was trying to talk to Gene on Aim, but I guess mobile is not working. lolz

Is Waipahu planning on coming Friday? If so, let me know please. I hope you will come with cars because I won't be able to drive people home. Driving Jeff, Arvin, Tom and Felix ( if he comes ) soooo yeah.

Hmmm...no kitchen....no fridge. That kinda changes things then. I'll figure something out. Kay shoots.

Thank you very much. lolz
alright if bobby is taking the four home then i depend on scott to come. if he goes, i go.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Well I could always do two trips. I'd rather do that then exclude people and stuff. But I do hope that scotty can make it and bring you and oshiro. = w =

FireFly

Smash Lord
felix might not make it cuz he is gay lol. imma try be there asap tomorrow (4ish?) and i am posting this from my phone in school haha

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Well since Tom doesn't play the day before fests, I went to smash for a few hours with Merc. = w =

It was intense... kay...dinners ready.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Ok guys. Here's what's gonna happen tomorrow.

We will be using the bottom lobby of the towers for the fest. With less than 15 people coming, it should be fine. No need bother with the elevator either.

Earliest you can come is 6pm. If you come early Dave will let you in his room for friendlies. Dave will be doing a security check of the building so if you get there early, just follow his instructions. It should be cool to set up for friendlies though. For parking, buy a blue ticket at either the Stan Sheriff parking lot, or by the post building. For those of you that are getting dropped off, or are walking I'm sure you know where the Lehua Towers are already.

Dinner will most likely be fast food. Either BK or Mc Ds. Since I can't use the kitchen, just bring money to buy what you want to eat.

There will be a tournament tomorrow. No entry fee. Small prizes for 1st 2nd and 3rd. Double elim. Best 2 of 3. Finals best 3 of 5.
Here's the catch. This will be a LOW/BOTTOM TIER Tournament.
You may use the following...

Pikachu, Pichu, Yoshi, Roy, Donkey Kong, Game and Watch, Link, Young Link, Luigi, Ness, Kirby, Bowser, Mewtwo and Zelda.

I'm not gonna be g@y and ban any partiular low tier just because they "have advantage" or some sh*t like dat.

So pick your best Low or Bottom Tier and lets have some fun. b^_^d

Anyone that's coming and can bring a system that would be awesome. Should have 4 Tvs.

Again, no entry fee. Prizes are on me.

Sho, The Twins, Oshiro, Scott, Terence, Reggie, Tom, Joel, Daniel, Arvin, and Jeff and myself. Dave said there may be a couple people from the dorms playing as well.

Ok so I think that covers everything for the evening. We'll go for bout 5 hours I guess.
I hope everything runs smoothly and that everyone has fun.

Again we start at 6 pm. Later than usual but can't help. We'll end whenevers. If you need to be home by a certain time ( curfew etc.) make sure you talk to your parents or arrange a way home with somebody else. There may be some people coming that live in your area. So work stuff out or message me. Thanks. We'll be ending at 11pm ish but you're free to leave whenever you want.

Questions....comments...Shootz den!!!

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
What Tom said. Greatness
Variety of low tiers is fine right? I wonder who I'll use most. The top tiers of the low maybe. Link, Luigi, Zelda, I believe are the banned ones.

Oshiro shall goith downth!

II CoNtRoL II

Smash Rookie
Kinda late notice, but if Scott is going than I can go too. Been busy with H3. Look forward to smashing tomorrow (hopefully).
^ It will be held in the lower lounge of the UH Lehua Dorms.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Forget that mid tier sheed. And I still say that CF is way too popular to be mid tier. At least high tier.

Jeff, just use your Zelda. I mean....she used to be your main.

ne0alex369

Smash Cadet
alrite sounds good but i think i need to go early around 4ish... cause i'm not gonna stop at home before i go so can i have dave's number??? i'll chek up on u guys later... (at school) haha

Darkmusician

Smash Master
David, call me at 497-4851. I'll give you Daves number over the phone. I don't want to post it without his permission. If he posts it after me, then nvm.

And would you and your brother please get avatars....pwease? >_<

indie_dave

Smash Ace
kk i'll have 4 tvs available to use from myself, plus bobby's 2 = 6. i only have ONE cube tho >.>

call me at 956.9066 and pm me for my cell. see you guys here!
oh i may or may not be at the front desk, but you might be able to reach me at 956.6282. leave a message at my room tho. 956.9066.

FireFly

Smash Lord
EPIC low tier tourney matches. +.5 rep for shoyo for second place in a low tier tourney since im a nice guy and all

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Yeah, never knew low tier tourny was a lot of competition, sort of. I liked the lack of top tiers a bit. Needs Fox and stuff though. GG Tom. Lots of nice matches today. Just wished we had at least one more TV.
And good games Dave. It's nice to play a fighting game that's not smash for once.

Yeah, but that tier list is supposed to be for 2006-2007 tier list. Basically, it's the tier list of this year, I think.

indie_dave

Smash Ace
lol yeah was good fun, and as always great having you guys over ^_^

arvin you are friggin pr0 at tekken; sry my xiaoyu can't touch yours. peaches and ness next time fo sho
sho you are getting the hang of cvs2; next time we mvc/mvc2
matt you are friggin 1337 at git-tar.
tom you are friggin pr0 period.
eugene, twins, oshiro, joel, reggie, felix, daniel, i'm learning a lot even just watching. my ness will be uber sooner or later, promise
bobby you deserve the nicest guy prize, srsly ^_^
mark you gotta come next time!! i need to play ur ness!!

Darkmusician

Smash Master
ZOMGZ!!! Pikachu is like the CF and Fox of the low tiers. Good job Tom. I wassn't expecting you to come back. You looked like you really wanted it though. And then you proceeded to walk all over Shoyos Zelda. lolz I was using Captain Jack DI just to survive. I think it was 220% or something.

Third place for me. Not too bad. I wonder what sort of tourny we should do next. Maybe in two weeks or so. Mid to Top Tier....V-8....crew battles.....teams.....idk. lolz

As soon as I get a camera, I'm using it to compile my Zelda montage.

FireFly

Smash Lord
we should really do tourneys more often. get the competition going for oc3. i should have gone pika the whole way. o_O another crew battle would be great. >_> jose, nick, frank, me, ian vs shoyo, bob, merc, terence, and dex hehe

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Yeah Dave, MVC2 ftw. Show me some c-c-combos~

Pikachu is too good. I should've used Pika and Link more. Everything else but Zelda didn't do too good. Crew and team tournies would be cool. Mid to top tier is just like any other tourny, so it should be a regular tourny. Along with a pitch in prize and V8 or something.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Bobby
Shoyo
Dexter
Merc
Terence

vs

Jose
Nick
Tom
Frankie
Ian

That would be really be epic. The clash of Hawaii's best. I will demand that we record that should that ever go down. We should do it before Frankie retires. We'll see what I can set up. We will definately need at LEAST 4 systems for a tourny of any kind. I don't want tournies going more than like...2 hours. It sucks up time for friendlies.

Haha, I was the Samus slayer last night. Jose, Scott and Tom probably give me the most Samus trouble.

Fighting Tom and Shoyos Pikachus really made me tired. Constantly thinking during a match can hurt the head. lolz

I need to find some food in the house. :O

ARVY

Smash Apprentice
i'm sorry Terence. you would have won if i hadn't whined about dittos.

Top Bottom