• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~// The Hawaii Thread \\~ V2.0

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I'mma bring some hot dogs for the bbq.
The more food, the better, right?

I'm thinking of taking up marth. What do you guys think?
GO BACK TO BOTTOM TIER DEXTAH!!!

...pwease? o_O"

Lolz, nah nah man. Your CF is uber. You and your Gzus combos. Marth would be good I guess to counter space animals easier. CF usually struggles against Fox and Falco.

Or you could just go space animal yourself. But I'm pretty sure you'd rather not. ^^

mellowD

Smash Apprentice
hmmm pot luck???? sounds like it... ill see what we can pull out

*edit
i did not post this ^^
bryan this is your work eh?

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
dexter please play marth. chain grab for the win. plus the more characters you know how to play. the better we do in OC3. sorry but you are coming with us. haha

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
oh and for rides on friday. bobby please let me know when you can pick me up. dexter, just a heads up if you are coming to jose's friday, bring OSHIRO!! we are training for teams. lol

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
wow is everyone that busy? only TOM posted after me and that's it?!

apperently DEX has the ability to play any character good. so please, please play marth, and train JEFF's shiek for OC3 please. from this time on is pretty much training for OC3 son. NEW TEAM HAWAII

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Lawl, Terence seems pretty hyped.

Man, I wanna go Jose's already. My finger looks gross still, but no pain. Yes! Picture matches are on. We need one more person to join us, so we can get a team, or super small tourny up. Anyone up to just play a spot?

Dex, I like your Falcon, but if you can whoop tom with Marth, then go for it. I never saw it before, but I rather not play too much Marth players. Hope it lacks grabs, and it's just full of tippers or something.

FireFly

Smash Lord
ok guys with oc3 near and a set date, we will have hardcore practice this friday for the june tourney

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=99627

i suggest registering already. i am going 100%

heres what i registered myself as:

-need housing
-day or two before event
-flying in
-need ride to/from airport

then, in june i will register my flight info so someone can pick me/us up

Fuzzylittlbunny

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I hope I can make it to this tournament. I'll need to start practicing so I can make it past the second round... BTW, what's the wobbles technique?

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
alright let's do some math.
air ticket to cali is around $420, tournament fee is $75 for all events.

and... are we gonna do stuff? like shopping or whatever? that's more $$$. i gonna plan it out first.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Yeah, I need to check if I can really go. If can, I have to use pretty much all my saved money(bye bye PS3) and then some.

Daniel, wobbling is the grab infinite with IC. Grab with main, tap a, desync, f/d tilt

Shopping is for women terrence. Joking, maybe.

ARVY

Smash Apprentice
if you're really going to go, don't house with the hosts. get your own motels. and don't hang out with the hosts. go out and do your own thing.

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
if you're really going to go, don't house with the hosts. get your own motels. and don't hang out with the hosts. go out and do your own thing.
i kinda want to know good places to shop in cali. if we could get almost everything in cali in hawaii. then there isn't really a point of going. or you can go to theme parks, but i ain't that interested.

ARVY

Smash Apprentice
honestly, there aren't many big tourist areas you could go to if you're from Hawaii. you're right; a lot of the stuff from Cali are like the places here [except with more White people...because you'd be the Haole over there]

don't go to a mall. it's overrated. don't go to the beach, because it's nasty. and don't spend over $30 on French Fries.

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
i kinda want to know good places to shop in cali. if we could get almost everything in cali in hawaii. then there isn't really a point of going. or you can go to theme parks, but i ain't that interested.
thing is you dont have a ride only the hosts can drive you around and there mostly busy the whole time so dont expect to go do something everyday or able to go shopping or do wat you guys want

plane tix + tourny + spending money = a lot i spent a lot at cali wen i went kinda ran my checkings dryish, but i think its because i bought my long board

scott is it because we ditto match at the tourny lol

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Just signed up. I am 99% going. The remaining one percent is on my parents. Tis my money so hopefully there will be no beef. Plus I'll do whatever I can to get on their good side. However, I'll be staying just for the tournament. I'll be leaving for Maui immediately after. That's my plan anyways.

Gotta buss my arse at work. That's alot of money for 3 days. I plan on doing no shopping save for maybe one souvenier or two. A match with Ken would be worth a billion souveniers. A match with Captain Jack would be priceless.

But yeah. Add me on to Team Hawaii! AND EVERYONE PLEASE GO! THE MORE JGC THAT GO, THE MORE LIKELY MY PARENTS WILL OKAY ME!!! ^_^

Editz: Fraaaankie! Any chance the vids (preferably my match with you) will be up soon? Just wondering. Thankies!

ARVY

Smash Apprentice
"food." oh, such a large expense. $200 at least. you guys could probably take the bus. i wish we had figured out how to use it. yes, do not expect the hosts to do stuff with you.

there was like 2 times the hosts took the Smash people out, once was to this nasty Vietnamese mall, other was to the beach [well, not including the times we went to Ken's house...we'll save those war stories for Friday]. fobby asian mall, dirty beach....not exactly the g-l-a-m-o-r-o-u-s Cali life.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Lawl, can't wait for Friday! Arvin, yell my name when story time comes. Imma abort the match if I'm playing, and listen.

Looks like I'll need at least 300ish if I go. Man, so much moneyz!

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Nice input Arvin. I'd love to hear more stories later.

Well me being the "Captain Obvious" that I am, I noticed that since the tournament will be on a weekend, there's even more chance for me to go since the summer band program that I will be helping with doesn't meet on weekends anyways. b^_^d

I'm up for a motel, but that depends on everyone else. I'd rather stay with the JGC as much as possible. >_>

ARVY

Smash Apprentice
hotels are honestly a good investment. it'll prevent unwanted "roommates" from teefing you. [another war story]. you could just get the cheapest room from a well known Motel. if you guys play it right, you'll only use the room for sleep and practice.

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
sorry guys, I'm not going to oc3. SORRY!!
I have another trip planned the same month, to be more precise, it will be about two days after oc3 finishes, I don't wanna spend more money so, sorry.

My marth ****** tom????? When the hell did that EVER happen?
Marth is so boring to play compared to falcon. But, a guy needs more options against gay space animals, am I right?

FireFly

Smash Lord
jesus arvin, what a way to tell our oc2 exciting summer experience. >_> but yeah i agree there were some terrible stuff.

we definitely have to get a motel and bobby are you 21? we needs a ride. or we can have terence aka pro bus rider show us how its done

Kaelestis721

Smash Rookie
n00b >_>

Hey guys

I'm a n00b to SSBM here. I'm also not from the HI area altho I live here now (I'm in the Marines :/ ). Anyways, I'm not sure if I'll become a serious player or not..especially since SSBB is supposed to be released later this year (which I will look into playing seriously).

I'm mainly here to introduce myself, say 'hey', and lurk around. If I'm still playing hard when I get back from my training in AZ I may see if I can't bum a ride to a gathering (I'm carless too :/ )

Anyways, 'yo' and I'll be checking in :)

P.S. Are there any serious Samus players here? I like the character and she seems to be a upper mid/high tier character from some tier listings and character rankings I have seen. Oh...and by n00b I mean like a 2 day old n00b...but the game is serious fun ^_^ v I'm even considering getting a GC for it (I'm playing it on my Wii) for when I go out to AZ for training.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
No dex, dun dun dun. I wanna play your Marth already. Space animals ftw!

Reminds me of Kato. But hey thar mr. ASL! And name, right, name. We have this guy like named Jose, and samus players like worship him and stuff.

FireFly

Smash Lord
hey nice to meet you
these forums are great for learning new (and advanced) stuff. you should definitely try to play this game seriously since you plan on playing brawl seriously...thats just me

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
its over 25 to rent a car and as for the bus its a whole different system over there meaning there's both town and city buses not like over here were the buses takes you thru everything pretty much.

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
jesus arvin, what a way to tell our oc2 exciting summer experience. >_> but yeah i agree there were some terrible stuff.

we definitely have to get a motel and bobby are you 21? we needs a ride. or we can have terence aka pro bus rider show us how its done
TOM just for your information I just got my lisense today. So i will soon stop riding the bus. But yeah riding the bus here is fun except the seats hurt my bonely ***.

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
Hmm, maybe. I'll challenge Tom with ness and see how it goes.

PS
Bus riding is not fun, it's mediocre at best. And lawl bonely
i think you lost because of your playstyle. switch it up or something. seriously your style doesn't put enough pressure on others. and don't you tell me it's your mindgames, because you lack of mindgames too.

Top Bottom