• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~// The Hawaii Thread \\~ V2.0

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Guten Morgen!!! >_O

My dreams last night were very....bloody. AH! But anyways. Dextah!!! Youz can be thar by 5:00 at the earliest. That's exactly when I finish class so don't call me exactly on 5 cause I may still be in the classroom.

Ummmm....ya. I'll be there by 1 hopefully. Gotta go PNT to sign up. Terence, Matt and Shoyo I got your sign ups.

Then I'll pick up Merc, but before all that...I gotta start shopping. O_O Lets see...we got about 15 people from the JGC soooo I have to at least triple to ingredients. -_- I'm scared. lolz

Everyone call me before 3:30 or after 5:00.....anime is b^_^d

mellowD

Smash Apprentice
so many tourneys...
we should promote it on boards to attract other players and pros around the world so they'll come down and stuff
btw whens the last day to sign up for a cheaper fee?
and and and i dont think im goin to teh lehua towers tourney todayi want to but ahh theres a house party...

life = 85 % priority
----
smash = 15 % priority

i think at best i'll say i try to make it depends on the time though
who knows you might see a parshly buzzed korean there today (-.O)<(tech dat shet!)

mellowD

Smash Apprentice
i jus saw the montage thing(w/out sound >:[) i feel like a celebrity!! whoo nice job prankeh
lol dosent my avatar look like me?
lawl

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
OMFG!!!
Jeremy from pnt is awesome!!!
He told me that I don't need to go through preliminaries and am already in the championship round! Just like tom, nick, and frankie! lol
Hmm... maybe he's been lurking this thread and seen my small rant about 4th?
Who knows.
But that is a whole **** load off my shoulders!!! Thanks Jeremy, you're awesome!

If jeremy hadn't moved me up, I don't think I would have made it through prelims, I swear.
That 4th place finish at the first tourney was a fluke, pure BS luck. With GaW!? How the hell did I pull that off. Gotta be luck.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Congrats Dex. You should use only G Dub now in honor of this achievement. :p

*goes off to cook food*

Okay food is done so I'm going to go get Merc now.

We have my secret main dish+fried noodles+lots of juice for you guys

Don't let nobody say that Zelda aint the coolest princess evah!!!

II CoNtRoL II

Smash Rookie
Ok, who do I need to call if I'm going today? I know I have to call Scott in a couple minutes to see about a ride, but then who should I call? Also, maybe with the number leave a name, so I don't have to ask for you by your gamer tag. Thanks.

Edit: Never mind, my parents won't let me go. My father got the bright idea of looking at the calendar, and noticed it was 420. Maybe next time. ;( Have a good smashfest.

FireFly

Smash Lord
i guess the older generation doesnt know what 420 is :|

its the day that smokers celebrate the death of bob marley. they smoke weed/cigs. the whole school today smelled like weed >_<

tenyearwarranty

Smash Apprentice
Actually I'm glad Dex doesn't have to play until finals. I still don't know how to play against GW so hes the only person I'd expect to have the most trouble with. Oh and Bobby's Zelda! THUNDER KICKS

And no I don't play or train at home anymore. The cube stays off untill the smashfests or when my little brother's friends come over. Honestly Nick, Frank, Ian, Dex and Tom are better than me, you can tell by all the crazy shizznight they pull. I on the otherhand pretty much rely on my f-tilt mindgame for all my wins XD

Hey Dave, I'll give you a call at 4:30. Glen should be back by then and we could move the TVs up.

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
Jose, you give me too much credit. I'm not that good.
OH, that's what 420 is. What a bunch of ****. Ain't nothin special then.
*sigh* looks like a lonely car trip for me today.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Lawl, even I know what 420 is. Mexigame! I think I remember hearing you two say it before. It's a real word, I think. Or at least it exists in the minds of america.

Grats to Dex. You won't believe how jealous I am. Ph please don't put me with Merc and Jose!

Sign Waipahu up Eugene! Go go go

Fuzzylittlbunny

Smash Journeyman
Does it cost anything to see the finals on saturday? I know I'll probably lose my first matches, but I still want to see how the tourney ends... plus the Blaisdell is right across the street so I don't need to worry about a ride ^_^

FireFly

Smash Lord
GG EVERYONE tonight

Grats to merc (w00t i scored 10 bucks)

thanks dave and bob for making this possible

today was practice for next week

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
Jose stop giving me props cause u still wreck me lol i never practice and like i only from muscle memory and the combos i kno how to do lawl

daniel i dont think theres a spectator fee

tonite was fun even tho i forfieted the tourny lawl 9th place hehehehe that was some crazy matches terence lol

indie_dave

Smash Ace
hehe that was super fun, hope it was "organized", even if there wasn't a whole lotta new competition [idk there were a buncha ppl i hadn't seen last time tho, but not nearly as big..]

kk next time next time, we got this down for sure.
shout outs to everybody for coming and playing, and being supportive of the ppl and the scene. good weekend all and don't forget to put down the smash to study for finals ^_^

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Actually I'm glad Dex doesn't have to play until finals. I still don't know how to play against GW so hes the only person I'd expect to have the most trouble with. Oh and Bobby's Zelda! THUNDER KICKS
Jose you are still awesome. Even though you don't play everyday, you got mad mindgames and defensive skills. I always enjoy playing you! ^_^ Beating your Samus was a very big accomplishment for me and I couldn't have done it without your encouragement and advice.

5th place for meeee. Yaaaay. I love it! Lost to Dex twice, but I have hope for next week. For Dex I will bust out my Ban~Kai! It works....utter cheapness.

I'm not too worried about who I get in my bracket. Just gotta take it one step at a time. If anyone else wants me to sign up for them, you gotta pay me first. :p I hope everyone paid me back for paying for them. I'll bet my checking account has like almost nothing now. -_- And Frankie, Dex and Arvin, thank you for helping with food! I love you guys!!!

It looks like it's tme to bust out....the coin jar! Turn all those coins into probably 50 dollars or so. Hehe...that's probably bigger than my paycheck.

Thanks for having us dave. I hope the other RA got good pictures. And nice fights everyone. I'm gonna keep working hard for Friday. But for now....POKEMON PEARL!!!! ONE MORE DAY!!!! >=D And Rucario for brawl!

Q Klilx

Smash Cadet
lol kk well heres the exact locations for the sign ups

Hawaiian Brians
1680 Kapiolani Blvd 2nd floor
Sunday – Thursday 9:00AM – 2:00AM
Friday – Saturday 9:00AM – 4:00AM
Tele: 946-1343

Netwerx Internet & Games
1423 Kapiolani Blvd 2nd floor. 96814
Monday – Sunday 11:00AM – 2:00AM
Tele: 945-9200
Brian's doesn't have the applications yet. They said they'd call me when they receive them. Netwerx doesn't even know what this tournament is. I'm not going to Mililani to sign up for a tournament.

If push comes to shove can anyone put my name on the registration list for me?

My name is Evan (this answers someone else's question). Pronounced with two short E's.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
lolz ya I heard that Jeremy was looking for someone to interview. I was like "you should get Frankie! He would be perfect for that!" lolz

I think if I was on the Radio I'd just wanna talk about Zelda. :p

FireFly

Smash Lord
frank if you do go on the radio, talk so that you attract a crapload of people to the blaisdell.

that is all

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Dude. I woke up at 4, and I'm still pretty sleepy. It's pretty weird my dad never got pissed for coming home at like 2:30, but oh well, alls well.

Good games to everyone. I was disaapointed with my playing yesterday, so I'm gonna practice a lot for Friday. Fox is dead through all the scrubs I play from school <-that's my john

Thanks to Dave and Bobby for organizing the smashfest/tourny, and everyone who brought food. I enjoyed the food more than the smash this time around. Practice practice practice

Good luck Frankie. Talk some pg rated smack on the radio to get some pissed off people to come. I know you'll make a goood radio spokesperson.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Next time I hope we don't get so many party crashers. Not only were those guys totally noob, they were rude, and annoying.

I know it wasn't your fault Joel. From what I heard they pretty much told eachother and you had no idea. If we ever have future UH fests, I would rather they not come again. Like Dave said, they pretty much took up space, made a mess in the kitchen and I KNOW some of those little ****ers didn't pay me for eating. Jose paid for three of them. There were at least 8 total. And they also ate the snacks for the dormers.

I'm sorry you lost about 20 bucks or so Dexter. I lost about the same as well. The noodles were good though. I'll have to work alot now to make up all the money I've lost this past month. I wish I had a well paying job like the water park and no school so I could work without the stress of homework. Thank you also Arvin for making the curry and chicken. I didn't get to try it but I'm sure it was popular.

Next time we will do Plate lunches. Plain and simple. We order, pick up and eat. That way I don't have to guess how many people will choose to eat, and everyone that want's to eat will get their fair share.

Secondly, the cash pot was really small. I'm sorry Shoyo. You did place third so you should've got your money back at least. We'll just call it even on the next Jose fest if that's okay with you. In light of that I think we should leave the money and big prizes to Play and Trade and the rest of the pros. Most of us just wanna have fun.

If we hold any more tournaments it'll be for fun only. Low/bottom tier, top/high tier, teams, crew, V8 or regular. I'm always up for just friendlies. ^^

Finally....nice hair cut Reggie! And props on your Samus. It's already showing signs of improvement. The same goes for Daves Peach. It's the JGC effect. =w=

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm sticking to comps and other people who don't suck. Like Bobby said, the people who came sucked a lot. I can probably 4 stocked them with Kirby(worst). Anyway, I'm getting myself back in shape, and no playing at school for this week. Tom, I assume those "pros" refer to us. =D

No worries Bobby. I just wished the crashers payed up for at least taking up space/tvs when they obviously sucked almost as much as the guys in school.

wedgieHed

Smash Cadet
Yeah man maybe my samus got better cause now I can see what I'm doing... lol thanks bobby.

I'm guilty for eating those chips ahoy cookies.... sorry they were just too good next time I will bring cookies.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Yeah man maybe my samus got better cause now I can see what I'm doing... lol thanks bobby.

I'm guilty for eating those chips ahoy cookies.... sorry they were just too good next time I will bring cookies.
No worries Reggie. You gave money so it's all G rated.

Btw Reggie what is your myspace. I wanna add you to our JGC group. =D

And yeah, we'll have lots of snacks next time!

indie_dave

Smash Ace
hmmmm i thought it was weird that like 15 kids nobody knew showed up and wanted in but not really, and that they'd get a stranger to pay for their food [that was rly weird, unless jose knew them, but thanks for being such a good sport and about everything too ^_^ ]
no worries about the cookies, those were for event goers lol, i hope we don't sound all chinesey nitpicking about details.. idk

is my peach really getting better? hope so... the ness dittos and team battles were planny fun

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
inb4lolmyspace

I forgot, nice haircut reggie! Hahah, I need one soon.

Everyone got a lot better, it's the jgc effect. I never saw your Peach, but your Ness is hella fast. You have pretty fast fingers Dave.

Teams are always great. Teams~

indie_dave

Smash Ace
thx thx doesn't mean i hit you with any of my djc'd ness aerials tho ^_^
gotta work on being crafty mindgamer like you ^_^

and yes, it's the jgc effect; i srsly got better just watching you guys play ^_^
Finally....nice hair cut Reggie! And props on your Samus. It's already showing signs of improvement. The same goes for Daves Peach. It's the JGC effect. =w=

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
Everyone got a lot better, it's the jgc effect. I never saw your Peach, but your Ness is hella fast. You have pretty fast fingers Dave.
please everyone got better because of the livewire effect

heck JGC was formed cause of livewire

guys got to admit tho guys got better cause you started playing with us ^^

Darkmusician

Smash Master
But...I like JGC effect better...sounds cooler...T_T. Nah nah Frankie. You're right of course!!! Hawaii wouldn't have a community if not for Livewire. *pachin pachin pachin pachin*

I'll be stopping by Play n Trade sometime before friday so if people want me to sign them up (not pay for) then fine.

Top Bottom