• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~// The Hawaii Thread \\~ V2.0

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Yeah Daniel, I know him in person. Went to school with him last year, and hung out quite often. If you're better than him, I'm scerd to play you. Nah, but when we meet, we should play. I haven't touched JUS in forever, and I only beat the very first training world. =D
I'll be done sometime. just playing New mario Bros and Gonna be playing Pokemon, so Idk when.

Thanks for the info again Frankie. I hope I don't get out on pres. That'd suck so hard! Please don't pair me in the same bracket as merc o' lady luck!

Bobby, the money for the everything shall be given to you on Friday. So how's Friday gonna be? I'm assuming we get there on our own at ____? 6?

I might go to the kawaii kon if it's not ffa. I hope it's teams. That'll be a new experience, and I wanna see how I do with whoever.

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
5 brackets ey?
Please put me in a bracket with all noobs so I can reach the finals!!!
Please oh please, my lord jesus chrizzaist!!! All noobs please. No merc, shoyo, terence, jose, or ian (if he's coming.) No offense to the people not named, these are the guys who I know I will have a definite problem with.
I just wanna make it to day two. That's as good as winning the whole thing for me.

And as for the camera stuff, I will change my story and tell my boss that my "workshop" was cancelled, but I still need that day off, and also add in that I need friday night off.
But seeing as it's already wednesday, I probably won't be able to make the requests anyway.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Lawl at Dex. You should be a story teller or something. Or write a book on "how to take a day off of work with all the hassle"

I just noticed now that the finals are on Saturday, I won't need to take a day off from work, if I make it, that is. Oh please oh please, easy brackets! About 5/100 or so chance I'd get paired with one of yous. That's 1/50 or 2%. I always had bad luck...

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
i can make it to the UH dorms this friday nick cant make it for some reason tho i dont wanna ask him so my car is practically empty idk yet whos coming with me tho so ya

PLAY N TRADE
PLEASE PLEASE HELP WITH TVS AND OR CUBES there will be 6 tvs and cubes but i would like to ahve more there the more tvs cubes the faster the tourny will go sign ups here please

TVS

CUBES
1. Frank

for the kawaii kon thing heres the list so far that i kno off
1. Frank
2. Jose
3. Shoyo
4. Nick

imma ask jeremy how much ppl i can bring later but ya more details on this later wen i get to talk to jeremny some more

Q Klilx

Smash Cadet
Well yes I'm competing and yes I'm the white guy from The Zone's tourney. My friend won't compete this time since he says he sucks. It's good to hear people have gotten better because there were hardly any worthwhile opponents two years ago.

Posts are making me confused, so where do I sign up? Can I be guaranteed a spot if I show up at the Expo and sign up or do I need to head out somewhere? Also, do I bring a controller?

Oh, can we expect a bunch of kids to pound on this time around? :D

Also, put me as a maybe on the KK list. I'll have to get out of work if it's too early. I need a time to help me figure out for sure.

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
Well yes I'm competing and yes I'm the white guy from The Zone's tourney. My friend won't compete this time since he says he sucks. It's good to hear people have gotten better because there were hardly any worthwhile opponents two years ago.

Posts are making me confused, so where do I sign up? Can I be guaranteed a spot if I show up at the Expo and sign up or do I need to head out somewhere? Also, do I bring a controller?

Oh, can we expect a bunch of kids to pound on this time around? :D

Also, put me as a maybe on the KK list. I'll have to get out of work if it's too early. I need a time to help me figure out for sure.
come on your no noob its always BYOC (bring your own control) and yes theres noobs.... theres always noobs

dont get confused tho there are 2 tournies coming up 1 this week friday at UH and the other the 27th and 28th and the kawaiikon thing is still a maybe

to be sure for sign ups just head over to mililani play n trade or for further questions call them at 623 9800 and ask for jeremy

Q Klilx

Smash Cadet
Technically I'm a tourney noob because the only tournament I've competed in was the one from 2 years ago. So... yeah. I have to ask.

I would go to the UH tourney but I'm watching a movie at HIFF.

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
lol kk well heres the exact locations for the sign ups
Signup
Where to sign up
PNT Mililani - 623.9800 (Prepay here)
808 Impressions
674.4409 Halekuai Center Kapolei
563 Farrinton Highway #105 Kapolie, 96707

PC Gamerz
Pearl Kai Shopping Center

Hawaiian Brians
1680 Kapiolani Blvd 2nd floor
Sunday – Thursday 9:00AM – 2:00AM
Friday – Saturday 9:00AM – 4:00AM
Tele: 946-1343

Netwerx Internet & Games
1423 Kapiolani Blvd 2nd floor. 96814
Monday – Sunday 11:00AM – 2:00AM
Tele: 945-9200

FireFly

Smash Lord
ok why is there a tourney at kawaii-kon the same day as the blaisdell? no one will go to the kawaii kon since blaisedell is getting so much publicity

kawaii kon = ffa noob fest

i can bring a cube for the blaisdell and UH tournaments, ain't no way im going to two tournaments on the same day.

Fuzzylittlbunny

Smash Journeyman
Is there smash this friday? Because I haven't played anyone good in ages... I just played my cousins this past sunday, and I beat them 3 on 1 >.<

Darkmusician

Smash Master
If you're in charge of the Kawaiikon Frankie, I'll go. Do we have to buy tickets for that and pay entry fee too?

I don't care who I get in my brackets. I'll just do my best. Who am I driving on Friday? Whoever is getting ride from me I strongly suggest you meet me at UH that day. Since I get done at 5:00pm we can just go straight if you all meet me there. I'm guessing I'm taking Matt, Sho, HK, Joel. Is this correct? I'll check back here in about 3 hours after I get my hair cut and go home. >_>

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Yeah, better come to at least one.

Oh, and if I never said this yet, whoop Danexadas for me. He ***** my JUS starter deck today. Luffy and Naruto can't do crud!

FireFly

Smash Lord
i wanna see the blaisdell walls come apart when all 100 of us are yelling and screaming in excitement at the tourney

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Sorry Shoyo I meant for next week at the Blaisdell. Speaking of that, I won't be able to be there until six at the earliest. Class ends at 5 and traffic and stuff. So I hope that will be okay.

Here is the final laydown for Friday.

Since nobody besides Dex and Arvin want to potluck, I'll be cooking some stuffs. Everyone besides Dex and RV, pay $5.00. Drinks will be on me. Cause I'm such a good princess. ^^

We will start round one at 8:00 pm sharp. Be there by like 5:30 (the dorms) and eat food, and play warm ups. And see Dave and register for the brackets. There will be alot of people so check in as soon as possible.

Joel, Terence, Matt and Shoyo. Be at the UH band room by 5:00 pm. I will take you guys down in my car. If you're not there, I won't wait for you long. Fair enough?

Rules for Friday.
1. 2 of 3, 4 stock. 8 mins. Double elim
2. 6 regular stages. FOD, FD, Dreamland 64, Battlefield, PS and Marths Story
3. We will designate TV stations for matches. Report to your TVs when called.
4. If you don't report in time, you will forfeit first a round and then the match.
5. Entry fee for cash pot is 5 bucks. No JGC member can play for the Gift card. You CAN enter for free but you will NOT qualify for the cash pot.
6. There will be prizes 1-4. Wether we do percent of dollar depends on the number of cash entrys.
7. None of the dorm people are allowed to eat our food. Dave has instructed them to eat with their meal plans in the cafe. So if you see anyone try to or take food, let me know.
8. There will another R.A. besides dave in charge of this event. I don't remember her name but you will meet her on friday.
9. I will need some volunteers for Friday. Someone to guard the brackets and make sure no body messes with it.

People with systems bring please. No telling how many TVs we'll have exactly. Power bars are good too.

I'm gonna call off names for Fridays trouny. Hope I got um all.
Frankie-Nick-Shoyo-Matt-Reggie-Joel-Terence-Scott-Dex-Arvin-Merc-Tom-Felix-Jose-Glen and myself.

I need to know by tomorrow Waipahu! Thanks. ^_^

If there are any questions PM me or IM me. Here's hopin.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Alright Bobby, gotcha. And your list looks pretty accurate. Nice schedule. Looks really planned out.

For Blaisdell to break down, we just need Scott, Frankie, and Nick there. All set for project break the walls of Blaisdell.

ShadowNinjaLuigi

Smash Rookie
Doomo Mizuko! What time will you be good to go?
Let me break down the preliminary plans...
-Jose and I are gonna pack the TVs into my truck Thursday night/Friday morning.
-I'm gonna give Jose a ride also on Friday morning since we both start at 8:30 Friday.
-From there, I think we will store the TVs somewhere.

He will give me a call for more info tomorrow.

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
tvs and cubes for the PNT tourny are as follows
TV
1. Bobs (2?)

Cube
1. Frank 1

Kawaiikon
1. Frank
2. Nick
3. Jose
4. Ed
5. Terence
6. Shoyo
7. Q Klilx

Q wats ur real name btw i hate calling ppl by their gamer tags.... just to weird for me

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Ummm, yeah I guess I can bring my TVs for the PNT. You need anything else for that?

And count me in for the Kawaiikon please. Doomo. ^^

Just cut my hair and I'm all itchy. :p

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
we just got to match the number of tvs we bring in with the number of gamecubes.

more tvs = faster tourny
since it starts around 6 or 7 i kinda dont wanna stay at blaisdell till 12 you get wat im saying? cause jeremy is thinking like 30 ppl in one pool bracket with 6 tvs and best of 3 so heres my math

5 mins average time for a fight multiply that by 3 so 15 avg per match
15 mins by 15 mins is 225 mins divide that **** by 6 tvs
37.5 mins for each bracket but thats just a run through not counting technicall difficulties worst case scenerious number of ppl showing up etc.

For this Friday ppl catching ride with me are:
1. Redgie
thats all pretty much lol

no new news on kawaiikon

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
how did you get 15 min x 15 min? I don't get that part.
If you're estimating 30 people per bracket, then there should be 15 + 7 + 4 + 2 + 1 = 29 matches. And for over estimates purposes we'll say the full 3 games are played at 5 mins each.
15 min x 29 matches = 435 min. Divide this by 6 = 72.5 mins per bracket. That's without having to wait for slow as$ gayfers to hurry up and get to their station!

Frankie, make sure you queue matches for every tv. So when one match is done, the next can start right after.

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
how did you get 15 min x 15 min? I don't get that part.
If you're estimating 30 people per bracket, then there should be 15 + 7 + 4 + 2 + 1 = 29 matches. And for over estimates purposes we'll say the full 3 games are played at 5 mins each.
15 min x 29 matches = 435 min. Divide this by 6 = 72.5 mins per bracket. That's without having to wait for slow as$ gayfers to hurry up and get to their station!

Frankie, make sure you queue matches for every tv. So when one match is done, the next can start right after.
sry i thought pool wise not bracket 15 matches cause of 30 ppl but thx for correcting me and stuff but ya if the tourny is really organized things should go fast, and hopefully my experiance can help them go faster

Top Bottom