• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~// The Hawaii Thread \\~ V2.0

tenyearwarranty

Smash Apprentice
lmao jesus christ Tony. I just started posting again and you catch me in the act!

YOU need to be HERE and show these guys how Boozer ROLLS.

-edit-

And when where you dubbed Moderator?!?!
All hail, king of the bowsers m._.m

Darkmusician

Smash Master
If you want, I can burn you a copy of nealdt's TIO tournament program. Its a beta version of the tournament planner MLG should be using now.

Hang on, after reading this thread again, I'm thinking about just chilling at the dorms this friday. I got two TVs to hook up and speed up the tournament process. I wanna check out the new faces.
That would help out alot Jose! Thank you so much! ^^ And yeah thanks to Dave and my efforts, we have potential monthly tournys at UH. I wanna see you in tourny action, and I really want to play you again! I promise you won't be dissapointed!!! =D

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Yay Jose! I wanna play you like, pretty badly. I got a bit better since last time, but you should see for yourself. I'm gonna give you a better match than last time for sure. Well, Friday should be coming by pretty soon...

chungamer

Smash Journeyman
scott -4SHO, ya mama, big dady, b*tch slapper, Gzus, 4EVa, ...... yeah just pick one but idk if im 100%, earliest time i can give an answer is like daybefore, or day of, sorri guys but parents are parents and school is school

indie_dave

Smash Ace
hehe thx jose, i need to meet the legend in person too so stop by ^_____^
we did find nealdt's tio thread and dl'ed it from there, great program btw

details for for serious kine tourney are crystalizing
@ shoyo, that's prolly fair too, but tourneys tend to be seeded, esp since it's crews location would be nice, ex each dorm, each town/city for jgc ppl etc. make a good argument and convince me, or see if the majority of players want totally random and we'll run it that way, sound fair?

pee ess yeah too bad gimpy's not at uh dorms no more i wanted to see your skillz in action; lawl at your facebook group, dammn ness hater ^_^

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
we did find nealdt's tio thread and dl'ed it from there, great program btw

details for for serious kine tourney are crystalizing
@ shoyo, that's prolly fair too, but tourneys tend to be seeded, esp since it's crews location would be nice, ex each dorm, each town/city for jgc ppl etc. make a good argument and convince me, or see if the majority of players want totally random and we'll run it that way, sound fair?

pee ess yeah too bad gimpy's not at uh dorms no more i wanted to see your skillz in action; lawl at your facebook group, dammn ness hater ^_^
i don't see the point of seperating players by regions in the tournament. unless you are talking about crew battle. but in singles we should just do it randomly.

indie_dave

Smash Ace
kk

honestly i thought that was a concern of your guys' too, from the play n trade tourney, not wanting to play your own crew early on
it's rly not that big of a deal; i did think that you guys would wanna do it that way too. it's cool either way, only a matter of tweaking that parameter in tio.

keep those suggestions coming, we're on a roll

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
seperating by regions is a very good thing

for example, if me my best friend played eachotehr in round 1 of the tourney, it'd be pretty freaking dumb. lol

indie_dave

Smash Ace
thx gimpy ^_^
see i thought tourney goers would agree..

:shrugs:

but once the rules are set, like i said, they're set. for now, it's seeded by regions, until a better case is made for otherwise. no offense @ terence, rly appreciate the comment ^_^

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
Umm... let me get this straight, only non JGC can win prizes?
Then why would I pay my $5 entry fee if I can't win anything?
I would just enter for free right?

edit:
Oh only none JGC can win the gift card.
And there is a prize pot, sorry, nevermind

FireFly

Smash Lord
terence, the purpose of seperating by regions is because if i get nick or frank in the first round, it will be GAY.

felix - Flex

i just got back from the Halo 2 tourney which i got fourth place in...i will also be taking the tourney on friday regardless jose enters or not.

EDIT: After the tourney at playntrade I spoke with Jeremy about the next smash tournament.

When: April 28th, 2007
Where: Blaisedell Arena
Who: Playntrade

Im already qualified past pre-elimination because i took 1st place. 2 big tournaments to look out for!!

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
List so far:
Shoyo - Rocks
Terence - HK
Tom - Firefly
Nick - Racer X?
Frankie - Ping ping
Jeff - ZkO(you're taking a day off)
Dex - AnubisGX
Matthew - 0130
Bobby - Darkmusician
Merc - ?
Joel - Soranaka
Oshiro - Oshiro
Jose - Tenyearwarranty
Felix - Flex
Reggie - Wedgie

(Reply if you're here)Maybes:
Scott - Gzus
Arvin - Arvy?

Idk, I thought all tournies are supposed to be completely random where everyone has to live with whoever they get. It's competition afterall, so being the best has to be a "no matter who it is" kinda thing. I see seeding as a small form of rigging, but oh well.
I see Gimpy's point and all, but it shouldn't matter who they play in a competitive thing like a tourny. You still get the right to complain if you get someone you didn't want to play. And besides, Gimpy's too good, so he does't want to knock his best friend out first round, m i rite?

Grats Tom. I never knew you were good at Halo too. Friggin Kapolei owns at everything haha

I hope you can make it Scott. We need the excitement and loudness of the smacktalk champ. Yayyuhz!

tenyearwarranty

Smash Apprentice
It's also a good thing to set up TIO to match people by skill. It allows people who arn't as skilled to actually enjoy playing the competition. I mean, no one wants to end up with Nick, Tom or Ian on their first round. :p

Separating by region helps diversify the playing field too. You wouldn't want to end up playing against someone you've been playing with the whole week.

Random is fine but not so fun.

tenyearwarranty

Smash Apprentice
It's Nick, Tom, Ian, Scott, Frank and Dexter who you should be excited over. I'm just an old fart at this game now, they're the ones who do the cool advanced techs and insane combos, all I got is my DI. :dizzy:

I'll be aiming to win that PSP though., else the Miss will strangle me. X_X

Darkmusician

Smash Master
It's Nick, Tom, Ian, Scott, Frank and Dexter who you should be excited over. I'm just an old fart at this game now, they're the ones who do the cool advanced techs and insane combos, all I got is my DI. :dizzy:

I'll be aiming to win that PSP though., else the Miss will strangle me. X_X

I still believe that you are the best in my book jose. No lies brah. You're the only pillar whos main I haven't beaten yet. And all I do is get waveshined and grabbed. T_T

So the Play n Trade tournament for this month is at the Blaisdell Arena? Do we still sign up at the store?

I want that PSP! But if I go down my @$$ is going down swingin!!!

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
i will not be entering next play n trade tourny so have fun guys ^^ i have something to attend to at uh that day.... i will show face tho on the tourny just that im leaving early

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Yes it is Dex. Better and bigger venue. This will be perfect since after I pick up people in town the drive out will be so short. ^_^

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
List so far:
Shoyo - Rocks
Terence - HK
Tom - Firefly
Nick - Racer X?
Frankie - Ping ping
Dex - AnubisGX
Matthew - 0130
Bobby - Darkmusician
Joel - Soranaka
Oshiro - Oshiro
Jose - Tenyearwarranty
Felix - Flex
Reggie - Wedgie
Arvin - RV

Scott - Gzus
Merc - ?

chungamer

Smash Journeyman
ill be 4SHO

merc is just .....yo dady

AMEN!

id rather not play, um NICK, MERC, MICHEAL, TERENCE and ....ARVIN for the first round

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
No, just rock from rockman, but added an s. Lawl at you druggies! Rocks looks cool in japanese writing.

List so far:
Shoyo - Rocks
Terence - HK
Tom - Firefly
Nick - Racer X?
Frankie - Ping ping
Dex - AnubisGX
Matthew - 0130
Bobby - Darkmusician
Joel - Soranaka
Oshiro - Oshiro
Jose - Tenyearwarranty
Felix - Flex
Reggie - Wedgie
Arvin - RV

Scott - 4SHO
Merc - Merc

4 me eh? lawl

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I talked to Jeff. It seems that it'll be impossible for him to get away from work. So he definately won't be there. T_T No ban~kai.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Awww...That sucks

List so far:
Shoyo - Rocks
Terence - HK
Tom - Firefly
Nick - Racer X?
Frankie - Ping ping
Dex - AnubisGX
Matthew - 0130
Bobby - Darkmusician
Joel - Soranaka
Oshiro - Oshiro
Jose - Tenyearwarranty
Felix - Flex
Reggie - Wedgie
Arvin - RV

Scott - 4SHO
Merc - Merc

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Alright mr TM

List so far:
Shoyo - Rocks
Terence - HK
Tom - Firefly
Dex - AnubisGX
Bobby - Darkmusician
Joel - Soranaka
Oshiro - Oshiro
Jose - Tenyearwarranty
Felix - Flex
Reggie - Wedgie
Arvin - RV

Scott - 4SHO
Merc - Merc
Nick - Racer X
Frankie - FrankieTM
Matthew - 0130

Everyone's turning into maybes =(

Trepidation

Smash Cadet
Umm so playntrade tourney on the 28th will be at the blaisdell?

What other events are coming up?

I'm just lost and lazy to look back on the other posts lawl

Nvm i'm not so lazy i looked back.

ok so this friday there's smash at dorms right?

I'll see if Eugene them want/can go. I wouldn't mind going just so shoyo can kill me even more lol.

Top Bottom