• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~// The Hawaii Thread \\~ V2.0

FireFly

Smash Lord
lolz, if theres a tourney at UH, Im 100% going for sure....except if theres a josefest the same night.....

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Well seeing as how my courtyard crew most likely will not be there this week friday, I was thinking our crew would be.

1. Myself
2. Terence
3. Shoyo
4. Dex
5. Tom

Each of us have 4 stock each. Sound good?

I really wanna play soon. Today was too stupid and stressful. -_-

Yeah I hear ya Tom. If there's Jose Fest I'm all up in that!

chungamer

Smash Journeyman
if terence puts in 50 bucks all pay for half for thosemoney matches, if i can get ride bobby, ill join in on this UH thing

indie_dave

Smash Ace
HOW'S THIS SOUND
GIMME FEEDBACK AND I CAN REVISE
BTW "PIZZA MONEY IS CODE FOR MONEY MATCHES" :HEHE: BUT I HAVE TO KEEP ON DL

Lehua Smashfest!!

Super Smash Bros. Melee Tourney
Hale Aloha Lehua Roof

Preliminaries Friday 13 April 8-11pm
Finals Friday 20 April 8-11pm

Signups at front desk, or call/leave a message at 956.9066
Also, let Christin or David know if you can bring an extra tv, gamecube and game, controllers, or powerstrips.

Tournament Details and Rules:

Light refreshments provided. Bring money to chip in for pizza.
PRIZE: $50 GameStop Gift Certificate!

CONTROLLERS: BYOC [Bring Your Own Controller] or borrow with a valid ID

1v1 SINGLES:
4 stock, 8 Minute Timer On, Items Off
Double Elimination, Best of 3 (subject to turnout), Winner's Brackets Best of 5
All Characters, Tournament Legal Stages ONLY
Counter/Slob Picks Are Go

CREW BATTLES:
Bring a team to represent your hall, and it better be a good team or Lehua will PWN.
Minimum 4 members, capped at 7 (actual crew battles will vary on turnout)

If time allows, we’ll run 2v2 Teams (friendly fire ON), and/or a Low-Tier Tourney.
Good times be had! There will be CRAZY competition so BRING YOUR A-GAME!!

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Well I am at posting at a Zippeys at 10 at night. Man I can post anywhere. lolz

I AM ALL UP IN THIS TOURNAMENT!!!! This sounds great Dave! I'll talk to you laters about it. Good job about the pizza money. lolz I still say the best money comes from the feet!!! hehehe

Soooo...who else is coming? Tom, Sho, Scott , and Terence I got you guys. Scott I'll IM you bout the details.

I know Dex will be there too. Should I bring Merc? Joel you in? Bah my food is here . I'll edit this later.

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
I am definitely coming, but jeff will only come if his work doesn't call him in.
Wooo, that tournament sounds fun. Yay. Falcon's coming back.

Kib0U

Smash Journeyman
hello everyone is there smash this fryday? um i think the waipahu guys go eat stake in town so sry we not going =)

dude you gotta try this i did on easter sunday.... i drove uo to 2 chix at the bus stp and said i was from cali and needed directions to pearlridge. haha so funny they said if they could catch ride cause they going there anyway... haha i got scared and drove off... wasent expecting it

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Bryan you stud....lolz

Hey Waipahu crew!!! There will be alot of smashing going on at UH on friday. Basically I met and smashed with some of the UH students in the dorms. They will be hosting a free tournament/friendly smashfest. If anything it'll be great practice for the on in Mililani. I will be signing myself up for that this week.

My friend tried to get me to commit to something else on the tournament day, but I told him **** that ****!!! There is no way I am missing this one! Esspeically with so many people counting on me for rides! How could I let you guys down?

I'll be up for some friendlies at the courtyard on friday.

Scott are you free all day on Friday? Or in afternoon?

I'm gonna ask merc if he can bring his car. That would really help alot.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Bobby~ Bobby~ Bobby~! Whooot~

Are you going all the way down there to sign up early? I think I'll sign up on the day, unless there's a price drop(think I saw it on one of the e-mails), then can I pay you backs again? =)

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Yes it's cheaper to sign up early. And yes you can pay me back again. If you don't, then you can Fox Fire yourself home. lolz Thanks.

Anyone else? Please do have the money for me asap. I have to watch spending alot at once. Both of my parents are officially retired now. >_> I feel like Hayate no Gokuto, except without the totally cute billionaire to serve and protect. lolz

indie_dave

Smash Ace
hey lemme know if you need help with rides friday
i am NOT on-call this week so i can drive out-of-towners before or after, but in my little civic 9____9
next week unfortunately i am, but i might be able to get out to drive we'll see we'll see

there might be ppl willing to pizza money you guys, ask shoyo how that works ^___^

oh here's the link http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=56319#24
korean dj's $2 vs $1 money match diss lolz

Darkmusician

Smash Master
You gotz it Joel. $ Fuel... lolz.

It looks like my car will be full already. Hmmm....those of you that can bus it to UH lemme know. It won't start till 8 but you'll have from whenever you get off school till then to bus down. If you don't mind doing so let me know.

Oh yeah and Reggie you can come down and watch if you want. BUT YOU MUST PLAY!!! As Terence say "is how you get better."

Kay we got Shoyo, Dex, Tom, Joel, Reggie, Matt, Terence, and Scott. Anyone else? Again if you guys can bus or find rides down I'll take you home after.

indie_dave

Smash Ace
hehe nice matches today i'll see you guys again friday if not sooner ^_^
i gotta learn how to d.i. properly too. thx for all the advice, we're trying to implement it all hopefully well enough for teh smashfest @__@
i can go courtyard at 5:30 but have practice for slack key at 6, so i might be able to get some rounds in then too ^_^

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
here's how it goes. i might or might not go this friday because there are choke plans for me, but i will try my best to arrange them so i can possiblely attend all events.

if i go smash on friday. i will not play singles or teams so no need to sign up for me. the plan for the night is MM crew battle and lots of friendlies. i will personally put up an extra $50 on top of the $100 that's already there, no worries scott i can pay for you. more money more fun!

so far our outsider team looks like this:
1)Bobby
2)Shoyo
3)Dexter
4)Tom
5)Terence (if i come)
6)Scott
7)whoever

if i can't go, you guys just have fun.

bobby i will try to let you know about rides asap once i arrange my schedule.

Kib0U

Smash Journeyman
Bryan you stud....lolz

Hey Waipahu crew!!! There will be alot of smashing going on at UH on friday. Basically I met and smashed with some of the UH students in the dorms. They will be hosting a free tournament/friendly smashfest. If anything it'll be great practice for the on in Mililani. I will be signing myself up for that this week.

My friend tried to get me to commit to something else on the tournament day, but I told him **** that ****!!! There is no way I am missing this one! Esspeically with so many people counting on me for rides! How could I let you guys down?

I'll be up for some friendlies at the courtyard on friday.

Scott are you free all day on Friday? Or in afternoon?

I'm gonna ask merc if he can bring his car. That would really help alot.

hey we ganna be in town on fryday night, going steak rows or something like that but i dunno we might end up going or not maybe

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
here's how it goes. i might or might not go this friday because there are choke plans for me, but i will try my best to arrange them so i can possiblely attend all events.

if i go smash on friday. i will not play singles or teams so no need to sign up for me. the plan for the night is MM crew battle and lots of friendlies. i will personally put up an extra $50 on top of the $100 that's already there, no worries scott i can pay for you. more money more fun!

so far our outsider team looks like this:
1)Bobby
2)Shoyo
3)Dexter
4)Tom
5)Terence (if i come)
6)Scott
7)whoever

if i can't go, you guys just have fun.

bobby i will try to let you know about rides asap once i arrange my schedule.

Dude, you better come since you never came today.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Ok Terence. Thanks for the heads up. Idk how much they would be willing to bet in a MM but we'll see. Sounds interesting.

Tom you can come by at 5:30pm. That will be the earliest I can set up. I will update later since I'm kinda swamped now. Ummm am I driving you and felix home? @_@

Yeah good games Dave. We'll be practicing hard for Friday so call out every smashing man and woman in the towers. =D

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
maybe ill come friday idk yet

its been forever since i played tho... sry i dont count toms bday... i had 0 mind games that nite... plus i was sick and to top it all off i was on tetris and mario kart mode that nite lawl

Darkmusician

Smash Master
That sounds great Frankie! I hope you're all well now and stuff.

Lemme know if anyone other than you will be coming. Tourney starts at 8pm till about 11. Crew battles, singles tourny etc. And friendly warm ups at UH in our special room. That'll be from like 5:30 till 7:30.

Hope to see you there. ^_^

indie_dave

Smash Ace
here's the original Lehua Smashfest post

this week friday 8pm-11pm is "prelims".
idk if prelims is best fit word, but it'll basically be practice and spreading word for the friday after that, where competition is for the prize.

next week friday also 8pm-11pm "finals".
more of the same, but it'll be fo serious kine.

hope to see you there!

pee ess there's also kawaii kon smash tournament 27th 28th, but idk if that overlaps with mililani trade n play tourney

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Yes it is. My goal is to place high enough to win a prize.

I'm gonna go sign up early. Does anyone need/want me to sign up for them. It'll be cheaper to do so.

I better check my balance already. @_@

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
again i am posting about the crew battle. it's going to be outsider vs UH lehua, hopefully a 7 v 7 because we have so many people. it is sad to say but since we have too many people we will cut down extra people. i really don't know about their tournament schedule so i don't know if you can join multiple events.

final call on crews, just for your information you better have money because if we lose, we pay! and also don't fu-ck it up for us if you think you can't handle. because i'd tell you, those guys aren't the little kids we had in the play n trade tourney.

1)Tom (yes)
2)Dexter (yes)
3)Bobby (yes)
4)Merc (maybe coming)
5)Shoyo (yes)
6)Scott (maybe coming)
7)Terence (yes, i am so staying because i am not doing anything else)

the first 7 spots are basically first come first serve. if you are interested you can still be our alternatives. if someone doesn't show up you can replace them.

ALT)felix
ALT)joel
ALT)frankie
ALT)
ALT)

edit; spelling

and

$175 FOR STAKE? SO EACH PERSON GETS GET GOOD $25 IF THEY WIN?? DAVE PLEASE CONSIDER IT.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Well said Terence. This is a very serious and very big crew battle that has all the elements I believe to be a very close and epic match. It's not just the money, it's all the pride and reputation on the line. The Lehua Towers know what they are doing. If you don't bring your A-game, then I can say first hand that they can and will beat you. No joke.

Top Bottom