• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~// The Hawaii Thread \\~ V2.0

indie_dave

Smash Ace
Gonna go check out the UH dorms tomorrow to see the smashers up there. I feel like an representative or an ambasador. lolz
lol one of my kids is last year's kawaii kon champ ahaha and he'll be in and hopefully not playing wow
yeah dude come by 4:30pm or anytime after

banking on taking the crew battle? like for money? :) if everyone from kapolei could make it, we would have a high chance of winning. I would like to money match you too

i know a lot of people play for fun, its okay. i like seeing good players, idk i just like competition. nice to meet other smashers in hawaii
haha i meant exactly what you said too, don't worry i'm sure kapolei crew would pwn if you show ^_^
awesome job on your win at mililani trade n play last month btw i'm excited to play you guys and be very humbled, but idk i think my neighbors seem kinda intimated by your !337ness ^_^
tourney will likely be friendlies though, unless i get approved by the bureaucrats upstairs to do money matches or anything involving money period :pout:

indie_dave

Smash Ace
YEAH i did frikkin famazing
honestly looked like jiggs woulda won if he'd edgehogged those clutch recoveries by cf :ponders: i really liked the moonwalking action and you guys slaughtered some of the best players i know ^_^
i've never seen a lot of the stuff you guys pulled off in your vids, especially that nasty combo video by andrew with fox toooooo goooood shdl shining and all that jazz
[does that shine edgehog really work? crazy..]

SuPeRCuSsIoN

Smash Journeyman
HAHA thanks indie dude. whats ur real name again? dave? lol anyway. thanks. im known for flashyness and tech skill and speed....but not winning =P

indie_dave

Smash Ace
oh well that's kinda my style anyway [just nowhere near as good as you] i'm getting pretty good at ic desynchs; sometimes winning's overrated lol >______>

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I'll be leaving for UH in a couple of hours. Hopefully I'll have my composition stuff done before that happens.

Hey Dave, do any of your friends at the dorms use smash boards also? Also, I noticed that you play slack key guitar. (which explains why you've seen me at the music department) yay for common sense. lolz Are you a music major or just playing in the class for fun?

Looking foward to smashing with yaz.

Does anyone know if there will be a fest this weekend?

Hope you are feeling better Frankie. ^_^

SuPeRCuSsIoN

Smash Journeyman
oh my gosh hahaha. im getting so much rep from my video! im so excited. i havent really played smash...just hoped for comments and crap.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Yeah dude you have like 9 comments, 9 favorites and rising. congrats andrew. Call me up if you're ever free to play. ^_^

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
edgeguarding blah to me lol why edgeguard wen u can wop them of stage lawl

jk

i needs to learn how to not be greedy lawl

Darkmusician

Smash Master
dude that's gross. lolz

Nice matches today Dave. I'm so glad that the community at UH is so big. ^_^ Do you guys do tournaments? I'd like to come again and play against you guys. I never played your ness yet. Do the four towers all have smashers? But yeah just lemme know the next time you'll be playing and I'll drop by.

So is there a Jose fest this week? Or will it be next week?

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
Man, that all night smash really f'ed me up!
My eyes are so sore!

And about the UH smashing, when?
From bobby's recent post, I'm guessing there was one today, so when's the next one?
And about that comment of my GaW ******, I wouldn't call it ******, just winning and doing my best. I'm thinking about stepping up my falcon again. I'm not gonna ditch GaW. I'll just use each of them equally. Having two good characters to use is better than one.
Unless you're a gay space animal user. lol

Oh, and andrew, nice vid. That blurred line in the center kinda made it hard to see, but at least you got a vid out. Why didn't you actually show an infinite by comboing that comp?

And tom, when you were calling my falcon "aggressive," was that good or bad?

FireFly

Smash Lord
its super good because you dont really know what to expect. it was like the first match and you were already playing aggressive. i get aggressive like within an hour.

chungamer

Smash Journeyman
terence i dont even wana know how the **** u know that, and andrew if ur anti falco wouldn't that make u anti NICK, how many times have u beat nick and his falco

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Just wondering my butt.

Yeah Dex, your Falcon is like bam bam! So unexpecting and tech reading and stuff.

I use Falco junk kine, but I hate him. He's a glitch made up of disjointed hitboxes and lasers, not a character.

SuPeRCuSsIoN

Smash Journeyman
shoyo...you bit off that phrase from someone
SHOYO'S A PHONEY!
YOURE A PHONEY...lol family guy

i never beat his falco ever...but i beat his falcon in a moonwalk fest ditto lol

indie_dave

Smash Ace
thx for coming!! it was, according to dang, "epic" ^_________^
zelda pwnage ftw you didn't live down your rep :GRIN:
blaise is a good zelda himself, i noticed him watching bobby's games with mucho intensity hehe he hasn't been playing but if he had been he's easily our dorm's best player

lemme know if yall want in again, and we could always look you guys up at the music courtyard too i'm there wednesday evenings at least and have a portable dvd player to smash on as well

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Was one of the europian Foxes, I think.

Yeah, I wanna play you guys again. We never played that much, so yeah. Oh, and if you're up for some money matches, I'm ready to go. Somewhere like $5 ish, I'm not so confident. I feel like gambling >=)

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Ok. There will be a trounament in the UH dorms on Friday. So if there's no set fests this week friday, I'll be there. If there is a Jose fest, then I'll go to that instead for sure.

The tourny will start at like 8pm ish. Prizes will be most likely Game Stop Gift cards. Idk bout the rest of the details, but more will come later.

I'll be smashing at UH from 5:30 till tourney time. If enough people come we could use the room again assuming that nobody is practicing in there.

indie_dave

Smash Ace
lol yeah too bad it was short...you were there, right? ummm matt or shoyo? ^_^
thx for the crits, will take to practice; we played some rly nice rounds afterwards so we ain't as scrubby as we played when you were here :hopefully: lolz

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Shoyo, the money match lover. No, not really, I never did one before. The pressure must be like, killing.

Yay tourny~
We should all chip in like a dollar, and the winner takes all or something. It's gonna be like 10 haha

indie_dave

Smash Ace
oooo

we'd diez0rs against you unless you don't play zelda and all you guys play junk haha :grimace: but yeah crew battle for sure. but i'm pretty confident that within housing, if every hall brought a crew, lehua would win tho :pretty sure..:

when are you at courtyard? ok to stop by for some rounds? >:3

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Sure thing Dave. I'm at the courtyard most on tuesdays and thursdays. Usually from like noon. You can bring some people but not too many. Don't wanna overload the courtyard. Of course if you come in the evenings then you can bring as much as you want. lolz Bring your A game cause I won't hold back. I can put up a decent fight even without Zelda. Although I seem to win the most with her. >=D

I agree Dex. Crew money match for 100 bucks. So will it be just you on Friday or will Jeff be coming. I still don't know if anyone else is planning on coming. I think the tourney not withstanding, we can get in some good rounds from like 5:30 ish to 8:00 ish. If enough people show up I'll get the room again. So let me know early so I can think this all out. Thanks. And I still want a big rematch of the Kapolei vs non Kapolei. I would buy a video camera just to keep that. ^_^

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
**** that **** if there's a money match for crews i am in and i personally put in $50 more. i guess i will be on bobby's team but i don't live in dorms.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Yeah if we did that I wouldn't use any of the JGC except for glen cause he plays with us alot. Sorry bout the mix up terence. But we can make our own crews I think. I doubt that my band friends will make it out on fridays until summer and even then it'll be like one person maybe.

I think there will be crew battles at the dorms friday night. I asked Dave to see if any of the other dorms would be interested. But yeah UH band crew doesnt' look like it'll happen, so we should form a crew terence.

Top Bottom