• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Happy Thread

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
My New Nintendo 3DS XL and AC Adapter for my Wii U just came in not too long ago. Now I can enjoy 3DS and Wii U games once more.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I woke up super early today without the use of an alarm. I'm usually knocked out until 11 or 12 PM, but somehow I just woke up at 7 AM.

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
First: Same thing as LeifEriksson LeifEriksson , @Kokonoe improved my avatar as well a little while ago, if I have the right person. (Thank you if you ever read this!)

Second: I got a ton of new stuff on Tuesday, which includes Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon, Super Mario 3D World ($40 off!), two new Amiibo figures (Lucario and Mewtwo), and pre-ordered Pokken Tournament (Which is coming out tomorrow. HYPE!).

Third: See, I have a crush on this girl at my school, and I don't think I could be in a better position. It's going too well for me to put into words. We talk often, have a good laugh, and I'm starting to sit at her table during lunch with one of my friends. Today was my first day sitting there (So I was obviously nervous), but after the train left the station, I just couldn't stop laughing. I really enjoyed myself, and I'm so glad I broke out of my anti-social shell to do it. This week has been the best!

Last edited:

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
*Eight days later*

Numero Uno: Pokken Tournament's out, and I'm currently in Red League. I got my pre-order and my Shadow Mewtwo amiibo card. Weavile and Braixen are the best!

Numero Dos: I'm getting more amiibo to add to my collection on Saturday (Hopefully Greninja and Roy, because I'm hoping to add them to my mains)

Numero Tres (y más importante**): Y'know that girl I mentioned two in my first post on this page? Yeah, well, I think she likes me. I've been being chivalrous, and all that stuff. Whenever I'm in her general vicinity (from my perspective), she starts to turn a subtle shade of red. It's still going very well, we're friends and I'm still sitting at her table having fun (albeit with me being slightly awkward. I'm not a conversationalist). I'm going to ask her for her number some point in April, and I have an unbeatable plan that is both clever and subtle. Wish me luck!

The power of positive thinking, yeah!

**(Translation: "And most important") Can't actually speak Spanish. I used Google translate because it fit the theme.

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to ask her for her number some point in April, and I have an unbeatable plan that is both clever and subtle.
Haha, good for you man! But asking someone for their number isn't hard, from my personal experience. Just ask her, it isn't that strange for friends to have each others numbers.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Made myself an icon of Gold. Not the best, but I'll change it when I get better at paint.net and all that.

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
Hey, it's me, back with some more good news in my life. Not that anyone really cares, I'm just super happy about everything I post in this thread. xD

One: Just a little update (again, not that anyone cares), next week I'm asking for my crush's phone number, and I don't think I've ever felt more confident about this. I can tell that she kinda-maybe-sorta likes me back (she's a redhead, so it's impossible to tell how hard she blushes, but her actions around me point subtly in that direction), so I'm expecting a yes. If everything goes smoothly and my plan works out, she'll be the first contact on my phone! (I don't ever use it because I'm either playing Smash or using Skype)

Two: Another little social thing. I've felt like I've been neglecting one of my friends lately (it's primarily due to some possible relationship stuff earlier last year. She was my first crush, but it's too complicated to go into), so I've started talking to her a lot more often. Thankfully, I don't think she even noticed my 'neglect', and we're still pretty good friends, which means it was just me.

Three: Not really positive or negative, just something interesting. I've actually started taking an interest in characters I previously disliked in Smash. The two main characters I disliked were Captain Falcon and Marth. I don't know why, but since I got Smash 4, I've absolutely hated Falcon. He just irritated me. Ironically, I'm just now realizing he's a character that fits into one of my favorite play styles, and am currently thinking about adding him to my already enormous character list. With Marth, I've never hated him, I've just never like his design. How he looks, not how he plays. Really, with Marth, I just got over that. He's a really neat character. I'm expecting to see one of the two in my Mains/Secondaries list soon (like I didn't have enough characters I play as). You know what they say, "Jack of all trades, master of none." My Smash career in a nutshell.

Well, that's all I've got, I hope my rambling at least made you feel happy, even though it was about how great my life is.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Good luck!!!

I am actually in a similar situation. For number 1 and number 3, but for me it's with Ness. I just can't recover with him:ohwell:

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
Good luck!!!

I am actually in a similar situation. For number 1 and number 3, but for me it's with Ness. I just can't recover with him:ohwell:
I know how you feel. With #3 I mean. I've tried to play Ness, but I can't recover with him either. Ironically enough though, I can recover with Lucas pretty well if I don't levitate towards the wall.

And for #1, I wish you luck as well! And remember... If you (or anyone reading this for that matter) aren't confident about doing something like that, force yourself to do it. Label it as something you HAVE to do, whether you like it or not, then you can either be confident going into it (because you made it mandatory), or you can be super nervous and probably not get the response you hoped for. That's my advice.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Thanks for the advice! I already have her number, but it's because we're already friends. So I just worry about making things weird...:ohwell:

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
So I just worry about making things weird...:ohwell:
Oh boy, I know that feeling (It's part of the past in #2). Just be friends and make her feel special if you're not already. If your friends, but interested in her, special friends is the way to go if you're afraid of things getting weird. Talk about stuff she likes often, and get to know her.

For example, I've noticed that my crush/friend likes Game Theory, acting, and movies/TV shows, so I'm going to start talking about that more and more often.

Now, this is coming from someone who's never had a girlfriend, so take my advice how you will. I feel it's quality advice though.

Last edited:

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Ok. Thanks for the advice! I'm already TRYING to do most of that, but who knows of I'm being successful...Oh well, I'll try my best. And good luck! :)

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
Ok. Thanks for the advice! I'm already TRYING to do most of that, but who knows of I'm being successful...
No problem!

And again, I know EXACTLY how you feel. Us guys will never figure out what girls are thinking, and on multiple occasions we think completely opposite things (bringing up #2 again). Well, no one has ever said relationships are easy... Girls are really weird sometimes. Makes me wonder sometimes how we're compatible in any way xD

And good luck to you as well!

Buuman

Smash Ace
Ok. Thanks for the advice! I'm already TRYING to do most of that, but who knows of I'm being successful...Oh well, I'll try my best. And good luck! :)
Hey brotha. Yeah man I know how you guys feel about girls being weird. I got rejected bad by a girl I liked and decided to spend months straight going out and handing this area of my life.

I can tell you for sure that there are a few things that you absolutely gotta embody..

1. Do you and talk about what YOU want to talk about. If she disagrees with you on something, don't play the nice guy: stand your ground and defend your point, in a playful way ;)

(Tease her ;)

2. Be completely direct and authentic, no matter how fast your chest is pounding. Nothing is more attractive to a girl than a guy who is completely authentic with himself and goes after what he wants

3. Don't worry about what people think about you in general. Life's short, we're all gonna die soon enough anyway. Don't wait around for opportunities. Make them happen and be assertive without being NEEDY (the #1 killer of attraction is when you NEED a result..a response..etc.)

4. Have fun and amuse yourself. Looks and money don't mean **** when you're the guy having the most fun wherever he goes and is at ease in his own skin

(I have a whole walk through on my site and actually coach people for this stuff - But I was a professional smasher back through 08-2010 so I have a soft spot for our community ;)

~Hope this helps!

Shiida

Smash Apprentice
one of my tumblr posts has reached 1k and its still going even tho i just mooched off of a popular twitter post :cool:

D

Deleted member

i shouldn't have bought candy, but it makes me happy, so whatever lol :p

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
Well guess who got a certain someone's number yesterday! *Cheering and Mario RPG battle music*

It's not that big of a deal, but considering I'm basically anti-social around this girl (I sit at her table at lunch but have a ton of trouble with conversation) and I was taking a shot in the dark, it was a SMASHing success. Ha. Puns. With no correlation whatsoever. Ha.

Here's the Mario RPG music if anyone's interested:

Last edited:

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Congrats!

Mine's not going quite as well, but this isn't the thread for that

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Is it weird that I post a lot here and the unhappy thread?

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
Is it weird that I post a lot here and the unhappy thread?
Not too strange, lots of people like to post a lot in one or two threads.

But for me, life is going great overall. Good grades, good friends, good family. I'm living the life over here.
my only complaint is that i'm dirt poor

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
I've been trying out Falco recently in smash 4, and I really think he's what I've been missing all this time. He's just so much fun. DThrow to Fastfall Nair to Regrab... mmmmm.

Last edited:

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
I haven't been doing all that well with Cloud recently, but I've started using Villager again, and I'm doing exceptionally well now. My Corrin is still pretty good, but I've been noticing how much better I do with zoning/projectile characters like Villager and Mega Man. I can pick up patterns easier, I get a lot more reads, I don't take as much damage (walling with Lloyd rocket and Fair/Nair), and I just generally do better.

I don't know why, but while I'm in the heat of the battle, really close to my opponent, I can't see the opponent's character very well, so I misread or screw up. I don't know if I'll be dropping Cloud from my mains (he's the character I know most about, so it's unlikely) because I haven't been doing well at all with him lately, but it's still open for decision.

That was a slightly pessimistic second paragraph, but I'm really excited to start learning these new characters' play styles and maybe do even better than I did with Cloud. Villager and Mega Man have been a blast to play, so I can expect to do well with them! Maybe Cloud will just be a pocket so I don't have to drop him completely. I'm also looking into playing Robin and Link after I learn all I can about Villager.

Also, another positive thing that happened the other day: I got a reverse Z-drop Metal Blade gimp on a fairly good Cloud player the other day at 0% with Mega Man. It was on For Glory, but I'm still really proud of it, even though it isn't much.

Last edited:

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
I haven't been doing all that well with Cloud recently, but I've started using Villager again, and I'm doing exceptionally well now. My Corrin is still pretty good, but I've been noticing how much better I do with zoning/projectile characters like Villager and Mega Man. I can pick up patterns easier, I get a lot more reads, I don't take as much damage (walling with Lloyd rocket and Fair/Nair), and I just generally do better.

I don't know why, but while I'm in the heat of the battle, really close to my opponent, I can't see the opponent's character very well, so I misread or screw up. I don't know if I'll be dropping Cloud from my mains (he's the character I know most about, so it's unlikely) because I haven't been doing well at all with him lately, but it's still open for decision.

That was a slightly pessimistic second paragraph, but I'm really excited to start learning these new characters' play styles and maybe do even better than I did with Cloud. Villager and Mega Man have been a blast to play, so I can expect to do well with them! Maybe Cloud will just be a pocket so I don't have to drop him completely. I'm also looking into playing Robin and Link after I learn all I can about Villager.

Also, another positive thing that happened the other day: I got a reverse Z-drop Metal Blade gimp on a fairly good Cloud player the other day at 0% with Mega Man. It was on For Glory, but I'm still really proud of it, even though it isn't much.
If you haven't been doing well with Cloud lately, do you think you just dislike playing him? Or are you just on a losing streak? I can relate, because for a day or two last week I really wanted to drop Ryu because I couldn't win. But then I realized, I love this character so much while winning it wouldn't be worth it to drop him just because I was losing.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I'm glad that you're glad that I don't hate it.

But honestly, who REALLY hates happiness?

Top Bottom