• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Happy Thread

SagaciousCejai

Smash Rookie
Got a snow day recently, and used it to actually finish a digital drawing I was doing instead of just mindlessly wasting it on the internet.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
My wife is spending a day with a friend so I can have the apartment by myself for once. Plus, I'm taking loads of garbage, recyclables, and broken stuff to the dump. That always clears out the apartment! There's a glass put nearby where you can chuck glass for free. It's a great way to get out the stress during the week.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
My wife is spending a day with a friend so I can have the apartment by myself for once. Plus, I'm taking loads of garbage, recyclables, and broken stuff to the dump. That always clears out the apartment! There's a glass put nearby where you can chuck glass for free. It's a great way to get out the stress during the week.
I've had a whole day to myself alone in the apartment with my cat. One would think I'd be relieved, but quickly realized how quiet and boring it becomes after a few hours. Plus, I'm so used to cuddling with my partner as we sleep, so not being able to do so kind of sucks, but that's just me. lol

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I've had a whole day to myself alone in the apartment with my cat. One would think I'd be relieved, but quickly realized how quiet and boring it becomes after a few hours. Plus, I'm so used to cuddling with my partner as we sleep, so not being able to do so kind of sucks, but that's just me. lol
Oh, I love when we are together and she will be back around dinner time or late evening so it's not like she's gone for the whole day. I lived by myself for 2 years before we moved in together 2-3 years ago so it's nice to have some human company but it can also get stifling - especially since I do like my private/alone time every now and then. I feel bad as that I am usually gone for most of the day Monday through Friday with work and barely get home past 9 so we really enjoy our weekends when we can spend them doing stuff. Though I am now busy on Saturday mornings with work >.>

Last edited:

Nino Rybicki

Smash Cadet
My girlfriend and I are thinking of getting engaged by the end of the year, and possibly married the next year. We've been dating for three years, we've known each other for ten years, and we've been friends ever since we met. I know 20 is kinda young, but my parents are fine with the idea.

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
Went to Target right after school to purchase a New 3DS. They had ONE. I bought it, a couple almost sniped it from me though...

I didn't get a game, just the system. I'm content playing Smash, KIU, and Pokemon in awesome 3d.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I finally, actually got accepted for a job at my college!! :D

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
So a few weeks ago I was listening to a podcast through headphones while I was supposed to be going to sleep. I fell asleep with the podcast still playing and my mom found it and asked for my phone "To put it on charge" after waking me up. After getting up for school the next morning I wasn't in trouble at all and she didn't mention it... It was awkward.

Fast forward to a few minutes ago and I mentioned to my mom that I saw a post on Reddit saying that "47ish% of 15 year olds get 7 hours of sleep each night."

She said "It is the electronics"
Me: "What about school nights, parents are strict about it."

She looked me in the eyes and said "Some kids sneak and play on there phones when they aren't supposed to"

MIND BLOWN.

I was very awkward after that...

I put this is the happy thread because it was pretty funny in my opinion.

D

Deleted member

Looks like next week's gonna be better weather-wise. No winter storms or anything. Now that makes me extremely happy.

I own this same Kirby plush at a local comic book store years ago. He's just too cute. <3
cute as a button. :3

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
starting training for my new job this week, and got a freelance offer for another card shop (i currently make playmats and stuff for Alter Reality Games on a freelance basis) so thats pretty hype

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
Getting close to the end of Xenoblade Chronicals. I plan to 100%
New Game+

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Just finished all the cups in Mario Kart Wii. I could run through them again in other difficulties, but I seriously don't want to bother with the game again. Mario Kart 8 is so much better, imo.

jaketheknight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jaketheknight
3DS FC
4854-6438-8016
I signed up for my first Smash tournament, and its hosted at my school. :)
edit: Also just hit 50 posts! :D

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Just found out my ****ty 5th grade class I normally teach on Tuesday will be canceled until April after they become sixth graders. It sucks that I will have them as 6th graders but I'll be rid if them for two months. They are seriously horrible students who do nothing but troll the English class. I can't get them to do anything - they just **** around and are very disruptive. Sucks it's only 6 students as well.

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Just found out my ****ty 5th grade class I normally teach on Tuesday will be canceled until April after they become sixth graders. It sucks that I will have them as 6th graders but I'll be rid if them for two months. They are seriously horrible students who do nothing but troll the English class. I can't get them to do anything - they just **** around and are very disruptive. Sucks it's only 6 students as well.
Yikes, why only 6 students though?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yikes, why only 6 students though?
It's a mountain village. I teach technically in 3 locations. I teach in the city I live in at an elementary school that has roughly 1,200 students. Then I teach in a nearby hot spring town that has about 70-80 students in the elementary and 35 in the junior high. Finally, the mountain village I teach at has around 40 students in the elementary and about 15 in the junior high. It's tiny. In fact, the 4th/5h/6th grade classes are combined due to a lack of students. The 4th grade as two kids, 5th grade has 6 students, and 6th grade as 8 students. But I only teach 5th and 6th grade classes for English as there are two seperate textbooks I have to follow. As well, there are only 5-6 teachers there at one time so I am often stuck teaching the material on my own which can be somewhat of an obstacle when I have to teach English in Japanese to students not interested in learning and don't view me as an authoritative figure. The 6th grade students are perfect though but the 5th graders are a bunch of brats. They always say "Go back to (America) a foreign country" or "We hate English".

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Finished a drawing comission for a friend; for someone as myself who's only a novice in the area of drawing, she loved it. :D

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Leaving for San Fran tomorrow. GDC starts this week, and im super excited <3
I get to stay with two of my good friends, see a bunch of friends I havent seen since last GDC, and meet a bunch of other game developers. Also hoping to get my portfolio torn to shreds so I can improve my work a bunch.

Also its a week away from negative temps. fINALLY

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I swear for the last 9 months at my previous job it seemed impossible for me to save any money. I stayed at $1800 for what seemed like forever. With this job slowly but surely i have been able to save. I couldn't help but grin when I looked at my bank account and saw 3000+ for the second week in a row even after I paid rent and transit costs :)

And I know in the frand scheme of things that not a lot of money at all, but still I'm very happy to have it.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
GDC was amazing and i met so many people I admire and made so many new friends and saw so many friends i havent seen in ages. even had the chance to tour EA with a friend who works there. met some concept artists currently working at EA, saw a lot of pretty work, got our portfolios reviewed, and just had an amazing time.

The funnest part was the Polycount meetup. It's fun seeing all the talented artists in person and being able to drink and hang out in a relaxed setting to network is fun. my new boss and one of my eventual coworkers decided to join us, and i adore them already lol

and i still have 1 full day left in california which will be spent with my friends and im so happy

ive been bumming on my friends' couch so ive gotten to spend a bunch of time with them for the first time since my best friend moved in July. REUNITINGGGGGGGGGG <3 ahhhhhhhhhhhh

despite this fun trip (and all the free t-shirts....srsly i got 4 of them...and they are all fantastic o Ao), ill be glad to go home sunday so i can see my boyfriend and hang out with my doggie and sleep in my own dang bed!

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I am getting back into my supervisor’s good graces, I’m glad :D

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Guess who's getting the house ready for a pet chicken sometime soon.

A Jersey Giant, specifically. Those get as big as a mid-sized dog. I'm really looking forward to it.

Top Bottom