• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

D

Deleted member

I love Shantae, and probably more than a lot would give me credit for, but I don't see it happening.

I'd say wait for potentially Smash 5, and we'll have a chance since Shantae will have had 4 games by that time. She's hardly recognized as it is.

But add me to the supporters too, just for a bit of positivity on the subject. There isn't anyone else I'd rather Smash as than her.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Ok, here's my proposition.

I highly doubt that Shantae will have any role in this title, but I expect Nintendo to buy 2 companies, which Capcom is one of them, so I wouldn't consider "Never" as the proper term.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Ok, here's my proposition.

I highly doubt that Shantae will have any role in this title, but I expect Nintendo to buy 2 companies, which Capcom is one of them, so I wouldn't consider "Never" as the proper term.
Unless WayForward is the other company, I think you're a bit confused. Lol

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So a little heads up on my moveset.

I finally have the "A" attacks done.

But thats all i got so far. :laugh:

I've been way too busy.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Double Posting Warning Received
So a little heads up on my moveset.

I finally have the "A" attacks done.

But thats all i got so far. :laugh:

I've been way too busy.
I Believes you and we can make anything possible for Shantae and others in SMASH 4 as playable characters, eventually in time for (DLC) eShop pre-paid are confirmed by Nintendo company!^_^ P.S: Good-Luck, Still!^_^

Hey guys of my Shantae's supporters, here's a link for us to easily vote Shantae & Geno from Super Mario RPG in SMASH 4 as playable roster characters:http://thewiiu.com/topic/4953-random-poll-what-new-character-should-be-in-ssb4/page-2#entry293970^_^ P.S:Good-Luck, voting guys!

I Believes you and we can make anything possible for Shantae and others in SMASH 4 as playable characters, eventually in time for (DLC) eShop pre-paid are confirmed by Nintendo company!^_^ P.S: Good-Luck, Still!^_^

Hey guys of my Shantae's supporters, here's a link for us to easily vote Shantae & Geno from Super Mario RPG in SMASH 4 as playable roster characters:http://thewiiu.com/topic/4953-random-poll-what-new-character-should-be-in-ssb4/page-2#entry293970^_^ P.S:Good-Luck, voting guys!
Here's something positiveness to keep us in succeessful ways for Shantae,Risky Boots,Rotty Tops, Sky, Bolo, Izuna The Unemployed Ninja with her two sisters: Shino & Shizune, Geno from Super Mario RPG, Goemon: from The Mystical Ninja, debut Ninten from EarthBound Zero, Neku Sakuraba from The World End with you series, Manic & Sonia The Hedgehog from Sonic Underground T.V. series and finally Mewtwo from Pokemon series to be confirmed as playable characters in SMASH 4 rosters!^_^ P.S:http://youtu.be/41Zjh3AirjU

Here's something positiveness to keep us in succeessful ways for Shantae,Risky Boots,Rotty Tops, Sky, Bolo, Izuna The Unemployed Ninja with her two sisters: Shino & Shizune, Geno from Super Mario RPG, Goemon: from The Mystical Ninja, debut Ninten from EarthBound Zero, Neku Sakuraba from The World End with you series, Manic & Sonia The Hedgehog from Sonic Underground T.V. series and finally Mewtwo from Pokemon series to be confirmed as playable characters in SMASH 4 rosters!^_^ P.S:http://youtu.be/41Zjh3AirjU
No matter what may come in our way, cuz Shantae shall be confirmed in SMASH 4 as a playable character and a special video for us of Shantae's supporters to see & watch:http://youtu.be/z5zcN777q4Q!^_^ P.S: Enjoy and keep representing, Shantae in SMASH 4!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
This is your last warning about Double Posting and advertising, Raheem. Cease or you'll have accumulated 6 points, and be banned from posting until they expire.

Veggi

Smash Champion
I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but we're getting new extra playable characters in Half-Genie Hero. Who are you most excited to play as? I love them all, but I think Sky would be really interesting. Maybe she would play like the theoretical Duck Hunt Dog? :p

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Warning Received
I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but we're getting new extra playable characters in Half-Genie Hero. Who are you most excited to play as? I love them all, but I think Sky would be really interesting. Maybe she would play like the theoretical Duck Hunt Dog? :p
After, beating Shantae mode, then you'll either play as Risky Boots, Rotty Tops, Sky and/or Bolo story modes on their own story modes in Shantae: Half-Genie Hero!^_^

Hope for the best that Shantae & Risky Boots are DLC playable characters in SMASH 4 3DS/Wii U versions in time!

Hey, everybody! A new ssb4 video is here to must watch, now:http://youtu.be/jefSTKFHH1s

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
3d_shantae_fan_art___wip_by_leojones-d6micu7.png
3d_risky_boots_fan_art___wip_by_leojones-d6p0ayp.png
Finally, Shantae and Risky Boots shall be confirmed in SMASH 4 DLC as playable characters for free and/or pay & play just like Mewtwo from yesterday last night on Nintendo Direct announcement!

Last edited:

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Adding those images to the OP! :awesome:
Thx-you and especially I've just contacted WayForward and they've said, Hello, Raheem! We've just wanna to say, thanks and keep supporting our Shantae and Risky Boots as DLC playable characters for SMASH franchise in iteration of fans, who may be interested our characters requested in SMASH 4 franchise in time of needed to be confirmed! P.S: Seriously, that was so for real for me giving and sharing, WayForward my enthusiasm of positivist attitudes and address goodness of polite! Good thing, I do what I gotta do all on my own way!

Hey, @ 8-peacock-8 8-peacock-8 ! You're not gonna believes this, but WayForward just send me a message on Twitter about Shantae and Risky Boots shall be confirmed as DLC playable characters requested for SMASH franchise as a special announcement in some time of future needs and here's what they've sent me:
B0q2QTrIYAAx2kG.jpg
Things are truly spectacular for SMASH franchise improving like crazy, but heck yeah with Shantae and Risky Boots as playable characters in SMASH DLC special announcement and we need to spread this word out, NOW!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Anyone played Pirate's Curse yet? How is it? Still as good as the previous games?

Hey, @ 8-peacock-8 8-peacock-8 ! You're not gonna believes this, but WayForward just send me a message on Twitter about Shantae and Risky Boots shall be confirmed as DLC playable characters requested for SMASH franchise as a special announcement in some time of future needs and here's what they've sent me: View attachment 28231 Things are truly spectacular for SMASH franchise improving like crazy, but heck yeah with Shantae and Risky Boots as playable characters in SMASH DLC special announcement and we need to spread this word out, NOW!
... nice try?
Not really.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Anyone played Pirate's Curse yet? How is it? Still as good as the previous games?
I got it at launch and I love it to death. Feels a big boost compared to the first two games (and longer than both too).

Just a head up on a game breaking bug (that WayFoward already has sent a patch to Nintendo to fix it and awaiting release): On Spiderweb Island, if you still have the Travel Brochure key item, DO NOT interact with the island's dungeon entrance. Doing so can make you lose the brochure (which is important to continue progress through the story) and have you stuck completely. Don't save if you done it already so you can undo it.

Avoid that and you should be fine.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well I think it's about time I voiced an opinion.
Personally, after sitting down and playing the GBC game, I've warmed up to the idea of Shantae being in. As there's a lot one could do with her (just the idea of a magical dancing genie who uses her hair like Simon's whip could easily make a moveset).

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
All three Shantae games are amazing. My favorite is now The Pirate's Curse.
I have yet to play Pirate's Curse, but that's what I've been hearing about it.
But how is the gameplay? I know they took out the magic aspect, so I'm curious how if still good regardless.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Late replies! Adding a bunch of new supporters to the OP.

Count me in the supporter list I always wanted Shantae in Smash Bros I even made a SSB4 drawing of her: http://edwinshy.deviantart.com/art/SSB4-NEWCOMER-Shantae-485081048 (I haven Shantae in a while so it's a bit rusty)
Added! :awesome:

I have yet to play Pirate's Curse, but that's what I've been hearing about it.
But how is the gameplay? I know they took out the magic aspect, so I'm curious how if still good regardless.
It plays like Risky's Revenge. So the gameplay is great.
Can you add me as a Shantae supporter?
Added!

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Has anybody talk to Wayforward about contacting Nintendo to discuss about Shantae being a playable dlc character or maybe pulling what Ubisoft did by helping making a professional 3D model of her.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Has anybody talk to Wayforward about contacting Nintendo to discuss about Shantae being a playable dlc character or maybe pulling what Ubisoft did by helping making a professional 3D model of her.
Actually, I have contacted WayForward a lot more and especially I'm glad you've asked that question for me to answer and they've said,

WayForward

Oct 27, 2014
Report Spam
Hi Raheem,

We are huge fans of Smash Bros. and would love to have our characters join the roster of fighters in the new game. Nintendo owns the rights to the Smash Bros. franchise and they make the decisions regarding what characters they choose to include. If you would like to have Shantae and friends in a future iteration of Smash Bros. you should reach out to them :)
But, since you've already reached out to Nintendo, we are also excited by the current roster in Super Smash Bros. At this time there are majority plans for Shantae and her friends to be included in DLC but if that were to come in time and hopefully we would let everyone know for you helping extremely hard representing our Shantae and her friends requested in SMASH Bros. franchise.

Thank you for your extremely hard work enthusiasm of passion and excitement regarding Shantae and even her friends that seriously needed to be confirmed inclusion of Super Smash Bros. 4 franchise for them to shine!

P.S: Good-luck, representing your other favorite characters Geno, Izuna The Unemployed Ninja with her two sisters: Shino & Shizune and Manic & Sonia The Hedgehogs!

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Actually, I have contacted WayForward a lot more and especially I'm glad you've asked that question for me to answer and they've said,

WayForward

Oct 27, 2014
Report Spam
Hi Raheem,

We are huge fans of Smash Bros. and would love to have our characters join the roster of fighters in the new game. Nintendo owns the rights to the Smash Bros. franchise and they make the decisions regarding what characters they choose to include. If you would like to have Shantae and friends in a future iteration of Smash Bros. you should reach out to them :)
But, since you've already reached out to Nintendo, we are also excited by the current roster in Super Smash Bros. At this time there are majority plans for Shantae and her friends to be included in DLC but if that were to come in time and hopefully we would let everyone know for you helping extremely hard representing our Shantae and her friends requested in SMASH Bros. franchise.

Thank you for your extremely hard work enthusiasm of passion and excitement regarding Shantae and even her friends that seriously needed to be confirmed inclusion of Super Smash Bros. 4 franchise for them to shine!

P.S: Good-luck, representing your other favorite characters Geno, Izuna The Unemployed Ninja with her two sisters: Shino & Shizune and Manic & Sonia The Hedgehogs!
That's good but could you ask them if possible that they could come in contact with Nintendo and maybe do like what Ubisoft did with Rayman and make a Professional Character model for Nintendo to go off on.

Top Bottom