• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town, Shantae for SSB4 (WayForward wants her in Smash)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm a little disappointed that they won't reach the stretch goals, but hopefully they at least reach the $400,000

I would have donated more to the game, but I donated a bit to Mighty No. 9. Shantae picked a bad time to have the kickstarter IMO
Well, we only need $28K left for the initial goal and I bet we'll get that before the end of Monday. After that, we'll have a good amount of time for stretch goals. Once we hit $400K, WayForward will allow PayPal support, which should encourage more support. Another thing to note than in many, many popular Kickstarter projects on the last 48 hours, there's a HUGE spike in pledges and backers, most of the time as huge as the FIRST 48 hours. And finally, I'm hearing that WayFoward might continue allowing support even when the Kickstarter project ends (when they get the initial that is.)

So I'm not TOO worried on stretch goals (but there's still some worries for me).

D

Deleted member

I really would like to contribute to the Half-Genie Hero project, but I have a question which however could look like pretty silly :

Is it possible that someone who lives outside of states supporting the dollar currency can nonetheless donate to a Kickstarter project ?
Is there a possibility of currencies' conversion ?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I really would like to contribute to the Half-Genie Hero project, but I have a question which however could look like pretty silly :

Is it possible that someone who lives outside of states supporting the dollar currency can nonetheless donate to a Kickstarter project ?
Is there a possibility of currencies' conversion ?
There's has been a lot of supporters from countries without the US Dollar currency so you should be fine. You'll just have to pay a shipping fee if you are getting any physical items from pledging rewards.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero has reached it's initial goal of $400K today, thus confirming Shantae will star in another Nintendo game (and other systems).

And don't panic about the stretch goals too much: WayForward has confirmed once the project is funded (which it did) it will allow PayPal support for a couple of months after the Kickstarter campaign.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
New Transformations!

They are missing something

I know, I always thought the Harpy was topless. That's what they need

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
Shantae is practically guaranteed with two games of hers coming out for Nintendo consoles. I'd love for her to be in Sm4sh.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Hi Guys! I took the initiative to send an e-mail to the guys at Wayforward asking about the matter. What their personal feelings were about getting Shantae or any other of their personal characters into the game. Here's the response to that.

~~~~

Aaron (WayForward)

Feb 10 18:48

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the support on the Kickstarter! I think it would be great to see Shantae (or any of our characters) in a Super Smash Bros game. Sadly, it's not up to us. Nintendo seems to be very particular about who they include in the Smash Bros. series (especially from small 3rd party western developers like us), so I think it's one of those "don't call us, we'll call you" sort of situations. But hey, you never know, maybe if enough WayForward fans let Nintendo know they're interested, they might consider it. Personally, I think Shantae would fit right in. ;)

Thanks again,

-Aaron

~~~~

I'm pretty sure this isn't an automated response, so.. what do you guys say? If we come up with a petition that lets them know Wayforward is actually willing to negotiate on this, think we can actually do something? It's probably too late for the initial game, but what about as DLC or in the future?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'd totally support such a thing. And WayForward actually pretty much never use automated responses and totally not afraid to talk to their fans directly (they were VERY chatty/friendly on the Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Kickstarter comments section until they got started on spending their time to work on the funded project). This is of many reasons I love the company.

As for Smash, Sakurai could be a very hard nut to crack but who knows?

And Aurora Jenny are you a Half-Genie Hero backer by any chance? I am and been very active on the Kickstarter project's comments section (under the name Gary Stewart).

Last edited:

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Hi Guys! I took the initiative to send an e-mail to the guys at Wayforward asking about the matter. What their personal feelings were about getting Shantae or any other of their personal characters into the game. Here's the response to that.

~~~~

Aaron (WayForward)

Feb 10 18:48

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the support on the Kickstarter! I think it would be great to see Shantae (or any of our characters) in a Super Smash Bros game. Sadly, it's not up to us. Nintendo seems to be very particular about who they include in the Smash Bros. series (especially from small 3rd party western developers like us), so I think it's one of those "don't call us, we'll call you" sort of situations. But hey, you never know, maybe if enough WayForward fans let Nintendo know they're interested, they might consider it. Personally, I think Shantae would fit right in. ;)

Thanks again,

-Aaron

~~~~

I'm pretty sure this isn't an automated response, so.. what do you guys say? If we come up with a petition that lets them know Wayforward is actually willing to negotiate on this, think we can actually do something? It's probably too late for the initial game, but what about as DLC or in the future?
It's never too late to have Shantae, Risky Boots, Rotty Tops, Sky and Bolo dancing their way to Super Smash Bros:4 Wii U/3DS verison consoles! Cuz, I BELIEVE that we still have more time to let Nintendo know about what's need to be really requested for more female roster 3rd party characters for SSB4! Seriously, on YouTube many Shantae series Fans like myself felt a perfect lot more extraordinary better, if, Shantae & others created from America by WayForward, hopefully it's obviously that truly need to be confirmed, right now, because the SSB4 already had more japan's 3rd party characters! Which, means, Nintendo really needs some rare but new comers of thrid party character like Shantae & others! Otherwise, it's a very slang vulgarization shame, if,The Nintendo's creator & director of SSB4: Masahiro Sakurai, didn't confirmed Shantae & Others to really let that 3rd party characters go to waste, after all Shantae games of Nintendo's Power Magizine recent timeline past achievement awards news for Shantae herself, seriously deserved needs to be confirmed by 1st: Masahiro Sakurai & finally 2nd: WayForward's Matt Bozon creator & director of Shantae & others characters that I sincerely hope, all that pressure of hard work for perfection of SSB4: Wii U/3DS!!!!!!!!! P.S: Please, have Shantae, Risky Boots, Rotty Tops, Sky & Bolo as new comers of fighters for SSB4 rosters in Wii U/3DS verison consoles later on of the release date for video game in future time!

Last edited:

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
I'd totally support such a thing. And WayForward actually pretty much never use automated responses and totally not afraid to talk to their fans directly (they were VERY chatty/friendly on the Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Kickstarter comments section until they got started on spending their time to work on the funded project). This is of many reasons I love the company.

As for Smash, Sakurai could be a very hard nut to crack but who knows?

And Aurora Jenny are you a Half-Genie Hero backer by any chance? I am and been very active on the Kickstarter project's comments section (under the name Gary Stewart).
@ Wario Bros. Wario Bros. Wow, sorry I never replied, didn't realize someone had till just now, but yes. yes I am a backer, though I haven't been active on the forums. You know I bought both Shantae games aftewards so I could see her origins, and haven't been disappointed.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Thank you for agreeding my ideas of Shantae & others to be in the SSB4 Wii U/3DS verisons! Now, I'm also thinking of having another Thrid Party Characters is Izuna,Shino and Shinuze from The unemployed ninja returns: Izuna 2, which is makes a lot more perfect sense to have more female fighter of rosters in The Super Smash Bros:4 Wii U/3DS! P.S: While, I'm working on just about everything else I do to take much of my own time & have certains 3rd party characters like: Shantae's & Izuna's Characters for SSB4, I truly hope that all my best ideas of the 3rd party characters need to be represented well! For example, Izuna series are slim but seriously need to be naturally good represented and confirm in SSB4 game for now at this point in time!!!!!

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I support Shantae. Never played a game, but I might pick up the Wii U one from download whenever Tadpole Treble comes out.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Thanks for the support, but we still need to kinda hurry & have more Shantae & Izuna's fan supporter of representives, until Masahiro Sakurai reconsidering our needs of certain Thrid Party characters to be officially confirmed as new comer of female fighters roster in Super Smash Bros 4 Wii U/3DS verisons!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Where's the signature "I support" icon button thing. I NEED ONE NOW.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Double Post Warning Received
Last edited by a moderator:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
It's really unlikely to happen, but I'm a supporter of the girl!

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Shantae and Shovel Knight should get into a Smash Bros. First we had 3rd party guests, now we should have "Indie" party guests (technically 3rd party still). I can imagine a Smash Bros. with only small new franchises. Dillon and Mallo could come too.

Things like these guys *coughorKRoolandRidleycough* would get me really hyped for the roster of Smash again. I just remember I was bored back of it back in Brawl too, but then they revealed Sonic, and I blacked out until release (I actually did the Homer Simpson ground spin).

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey guys, according to this list, how would Shantae's moveset be classified? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Out of all the eshop games that should be represented, Shantae makes the most sense for two reasons. One, she has history with Nintendo dating back to her first game on the GBC in 2002 and two she has a wide variety of moves in her games that she can utilize in Smash. I don't think being third party is a problem because all her games have been released almost exclusively for Nintendo. Also her inclusion in Smash could introduce Japanese gamers into the series similar to how Fire Emblem and Mother were introduced in the west through Smash

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
THX, GUYS! Hopefully for Risky Boots and Izuna The Unemployed Ninja with her two sisters: Shino & Shizune are confirmed in SMASH 4 rosters slot! P.S: I Love the **** with the Shantae's model look for The new Super Smash Bros. 4 3DS/Wii U verisons in time, thank-you & keep on supporting Shantae & Izuna The Unemployed Ninja!^_^

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Will be updating this thread soon!

Got to finish a few other things i'm working on first. But i'll make sure to bring this thread up to date.

Last edited:

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
I hope you'll post, Izuna The Unemployed Ninja & with her two sisters: Shino & Shizune in modeling for SMASH 4! P.S: Shantae's looks is perfect and how about Risky Boots looks for SMASH 4, can you or anyone can make the look for Risky Boots!?!^_^

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Added the following to the supporters list.

@ N3ON N3ON , @Guybrush20X6, @ Wario Bros. Wario Bros. , @LaniusShrike, @Kikwi-Kiwi, @ Ogopogo Ogopogo , @ Aurora Jenny Aurora Jenny , @ Raheem The Dream Raheem The Dream , @ Cobalsh Cobalsh , @ Bedoop Bedoop , @ Nonno Umby Nonno Umby , @ Banjo-Kazooie Banjo-Kazooie , @ Xevious 1 Xevious 1

Added the "CHALLENGER APPROACHING" image N3ON posted.

Working on many other things for the OP right now! (Custom moveset ideas, trophies, stage ideas, music ideas, and assist trophy ideas)

Been a terribad OP since i haven't updated this thread in a LONG time. :(

THX, GUYS! Hopefully for Risky Boots and Izuna The Unemployed Ninja with her two sisters: Shino & Shizune are confirmed in SMASH 4 rosters slot! P.S: I Love the **** with the Shantae's model look for The new Super Smash Bros. 4 3DS/Wii U verisons in time, thank-you & keep on supporting Shantae & Izuna The Unemployed Ninja!^_^
I look into that and what Izuna has going for her. :laugh:

Last edited:

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
List me as a supporter, she has next to no chance to be playable, but I'd love to see her as a trophy!

Veggi

Smash Champion
Hey guys, according to this list, how would Shantae's moveset be classified? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:
Zoner. Her range isn't that great in the original game, but in Risky's Revenge her hair goes really far. Longer than Marth's sword. Her non-hair attacks are close range, but all of her magic attacks can be used to control space. Her different forms make things more confusing though.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Zoner. Her range isn't that great in the original game, but in Risky's Revenge her hair goes really far. Longer than Marth's sword. Her non-hair attacks are close range, but all of her magic attacks can be used to control space. Her different forms make things more confusing though.
What type of characters do you think will give Shantae the most trouble?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I really hope Shantae appears in some form. She's definitely deserving of appearing in Smash Bros. in some form.

Add me to the support list!

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Working on a few new things for the OP. (Hint: It's movesets)

Added!
While, working on that, also please work on Izuna The Unemployed Ninja with her two sisters: Shino & Shizune and Hopefully for Geno, Manic & Sonia Hedgehogs from Sonic Underground series and Mewtwo for them to be confirmed on DLC eshop in my personal rosters wish list!^_^ P.S: Good-PURE-Luck!!!!!!

Top Bottom