• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Guide to Comboes/Techniques Named After People

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Because nobody has posted it.
If you really feel it should be listed then tell me what it is. You could've done that with the effort it took to type your whole post.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
I have my own combo.

The Metal Reeper - (With Falcon) To Fair>Ledge Cancel>pivot drop>Bair.

I seriously do it.

I thought Forwards combo was Dthrow>Dsmash on fox? lol.
I heard M2K (With Fox) Uthrow>Dairs.

Stevo

Smash Champion
The MikeMonkey (punch crew)

Dair to Dair to Dair without any tech chasing.

This was a lot easier in 2003-2004 when everyone would try to get up attack immediately so you could just double jump and stomp again after their attack

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
if you do the ken combo but get the dair that pops them up so they live

its the manacloud combo

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Why isn't the jman (uthrow double shine -> gimp) on this list?

also the mango combo (jab->dtilt) is called the **** combo, not the mango combo

Laijin

Smash Hero
Stomp knee is way too generic to be named after anyone.

Less commonly you non Young Link players should know the "Lai Fire Attack" is not something he discovered (I showed it to him a year before the name came about, and he said it was "not practical") but it's something YL players SHOULD do pretty regularly, so like a stomp-knee there isn't much signature about it.

Please remove that nonsense from the list.
wha-.
I don't remember that lol.
I totally remember learning that on my own after trying to figure out the best way to edge guard characters coming from below the ledge. It may not have been something "new", but a self discovery nonetheless and I called it that jokingly for a few years. haha.
It did catch on in GA for a bit. I remember Dogysamich yelling it randomly at a money match during one of my MMs.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I don't know why The Clod Zero is listed as uair to dair with Falcon... never heard anyone call that The Clod Zero. What is named after him is the technique where Falcon ledge hops, wavelands backwards, then double jumps back up into a knee.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I will do a big OP update, and I might start putting videos of the comboes, if you guys would post them.
If anybody wants to make this seriousface, you could upload yourself doing the comboes in a robotic fashion.

Top Bottom