• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Dude your lame, everything I attend is in Toronto... AND I dont drive, so I've gotta bus everywhere, its a ***** :S

Also played Brawl again last night, jumped from losing every match by last hit high percentage to winning by 2 stocks. Dropped Lucas, sorry, just cant do it. Wolf and Marth all day :)
personally im only willing to travel so far to play this childrens party game for money

:phone:

Patches

Smash Master
It is though.

Edit: busing isn't too bad. I have to get rides to tournaments, and I live two hours away. Tbh, I'd rather bus. But the only bus that I can take is the greyhound.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Dude your lame, everything I attend is in Toronto... AND I dont drive, so I've gotta bus everywhere, its a ***** :S

Also played Brawl again last night, jumped from losing every match by last hit high percentage to winning by 2 stocks. Dropped Lucas, sorry, just cant do it. Wolf and Marth all day :)
:cool:

personally im only willing to travel so far to play this childrens party game for money

It is though.

Edit: busing isn't too bad. I have to get rides to tournaments, and I live two hours away. Tbh, I'd rather bus. But the only bus that I can take is the greyhound.

Brawl is rated T for teen, and its in the fighting genre... (Same rating & genre as Street Fighter 4).

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Aight, sounds good.

idk if i have my fc on my profile (mobile johns) so 2150-9453-7283

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Brawl is rated T for teen, and its in the fighting genre... (Same rating & genre as Street Fighter 4).
tin u so silly

a game's rating never influences the ages of the people playing it. compare to me how many 7 year olds are playing brawl to how many 7 year olds are playing SF4.

a game of cartoony mickey-mouse style characters fighting with no blood/gore pretty much constitutes it as a kids game.

theres nothin wrong with enjoying a kids game though. just dont deny that it was designated for kids

and anyone who thinks brawl was made with a competitive metagame in mind is an idiot

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Sakurai said that he specifically did not want this game to be played competitively when he was making it (or at least that's what I've heard).
That doesn't mean that it won't work competitively, though. Other than tripping and maybe MK, this game is fine.

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
I love how smashboards thinks I have an iPhone. And the only reason I use this to find wifi instead if aib is because most Americans dint seem to understand geography. PA to Toronto? Too far in their minds, its like broadband has to show a passport at the border

Cruxis

Smash Lord
so today i watched inception for the first time

most fuckin ridiculous movie i seen in my life man

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
bing are we still gonna have ness lucas battles

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
Anagrams

Supreme Dirt - Turd Empires
1PokeMastr - 1 Steam Pork
pidgezero_one - Deeper Oozing
Phiddlesticks - **** Dish Slept
HolyNightmare - Megalith Horny
Stroumbert - Mobster Rut
GUARD - A Drug

That is all

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
Also Joe, I'll come play you on wifi for abit.

I'll go find my FC and just FYI I go random on wifi :D

EDIT: My FC is 2793-0337-9718 if your even still here >.>

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Anagrams

Supreme Dirt - Turd Empires
1PokeMastr - 1 Steam Pork
pidgezero_one - Deeper Oozing
Phiddlesticks - **** Dish Slept
HolyNightmare - Megalith Horny
Stroumbert - Mobster Rut
GUARD - A Drug

That is all
LOL WHAT

10lols

Tin Man

Smash Hero
tin u so silly

a game's rating never influences the ages of the people playing it. compare to me how many 7 year olds are playing brawl to how many 7 year olds are playing SF4.

a game of cartoony mickey-mouse style characters fighting with no blood/gore pretty much constitutes it as a kids game.

theres nothin wrong with enjoying a kids game though. just dont deny that it was designated for kids

and anyone who thinks brawl was made with a competitive metagame in mind is an idiot
I'm not sure who it was designed for, but ESRB rated it Teen, thus deeming it a game not recommended for kids. Iunno who takes precedence tho. Developer intention, or the rating committee (which sounds more suitable). Not to mention that the social effect (the people who play it) plays a role according to you. Can you prove that more children (12 and under) play this game more than adults? Comparing one games child base to another is also irrelevant in this because we're not arguing what is the more childish game. Also keep in mind that it isn't uncommon to run into 10 year olds playing M rated games even (see halo online). Based off of tournaments, this does not seem to be the case at all, that's for sure. Blood/Gore aren't necessary for a mature game, and the requirements for a teenager rated game are far less strict. And if there's nothing wrong with enjoying a Kids game, don't make it sound like there is. Stating that it's a Kids game in your sentence that is filled with negative aspects (ar at least ones that don't appeal to you) suggest this.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
speaking of kids games im dating a 21 yr old that never stops talking about pokemon

get at me

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Lmao no need to be nitpicky, duuuuuuh I kinda study cognition you know :ohwell:

Top Bottom