• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Gta+Niagara Brawl Power Rankings! (last updated 06/28. OMG RLY!?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
> :mewtwo:

I need some Killer Instinct MM's at the next tourney I make it out to :D.

Also I'm probably switching Brawl mains again... maybe to something that can get me on the PR lol XD

thinking :popo: or :zerosuitsamus: or maybe go back to :snake:or...

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Avarice, go zss or Snake, don't switch to ICS, thats disgustingly noobish we have too many of them.

I love your sig, mk getting ***** by pk thunder lol.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I really want to bring up an attitude within the community that is bugging me, and overall flooding players minds about the PR.

Where did the attitude that pools hold next to no significance come from? Is it because we are so used to the norm of events that we anticipate certain players to do well no matter what? Thus leading an upset in pools to just not matter?

I think the community needs to reassess how we treat pool rankings. It's making certain results at tournaments seem less credible just because x situation happened in brackets due to a pool result that "doesn't matter."

If everyone treats pools with next to no interest, what would be the point of running them in the first place asides from seeding..? I remember when pools were the time where everyone was trying their hardest to upset players and have them seed lower so the bracket becomes more entertaining, with more hype matches to watch. Now everyone just blows off a pools match as if it's a friendly, and matches in pools are hardly being considered for the PR.

This leads great players like Fatal and others to receive a lot less recognition than they deserve, and fills the PR with bias and improper ranking.

We should really consider how the community treats pools matches, especially between PR/U&C members and none ranked players.

In my opinion a lot of players credibility is being limited due to this attitude....and overall watering down our scene.

swordgard

Smash Hero
I really want to bring up an attitude within the community that is bugging me, and overall flooding players minds about the PR.

Where did the attitude that pools hold next to no significance come from? Is it because we are so used to the norm of events that we anticipate certain players to do well no matter what? Thus leading an upset in pools to just not matter?

I think the community needs to reassess how we treat pool rankings. It's making certain results at tournaments seem less credible just because x situation happened in brackets due to a pool result that "doesn't matter."

If everyone treats pools with next to no interest, what would be the point of running them in the first place asides from seeding..? I remember when pools were the time where everyone was trying their hardest to upset players and have them seed lower so the bracket becomes more entertaining, with more hype matches to watch. Now everyone just blows off a pools match as if it's a friendly, and matches in pools are hardly being considered for the PR.

This leads great players like Fatal and others to receive a lot less recognition than they deserve, and fills the PR with bias and improper ranking.

We should really consider how the community treats pools matches, especially between PR/U&C members and none ranked players.

In my opinion a lot of players credibility is being limited due to this attitude....and overall watering down our scene.

And this is why i respect you so much. Good post niko.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
yeah pools should have an impact on the pr to a certain extent, i know some people sandbag or dont use their mains but in some cases you wont play the same guy in pools and in brackets so pools is all you have to work with, i never really noticed how pools have lost hype until niko brought it up,at Oin2 and LBT that **** was tight

edit:if we counted them maybe itd bring the hype back to pools???

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Avarice, go zss or Snake, don't switch to ICS, thats disgustingly noobish we have too many of them.

I love your sig, mk getting ***** by pk thunder lol.
Why don't you quit ICs and let Avarice go them?

Or are you afraid cause you and everyone else are noticing the rise of "Good" players that are winning due to CGs from those li'l f*cks.

Seriously, between MK and ICs anyone is able to boost their tourney placings like its goin outa fashion.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I think it's OK for someone to use IC to boost their tourney placing....it's the same situation in Melee..they just don't ***** XD

swordgard

Smash Hero
Why don't you quit ICs and let Avarice go them?

Or are you afraid cause you and everyone else are noticing the rise of "Good" players that are winning due to CGs from those li'l f*cks.

Seriously, between MK and ICs anyone is able to boost their tourney placings like its goin outa fashion.
You mean because they are switching from low tier to high tier? Its not ics or MK, its the huge difference in tiers. Use diddy/snake/wario/falco to achieve similar results.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
ayo wolfblade

u mad?
I hate ICs with a passion. So yes... yes I do.

MKs I can tolerate cause I'm The Slayer but... double MKs are still f*cking gay.

Course I'm just preaching to an MK main so my words are probably being ignored...

So in conclusion... go back to being a Fox main you p*ssy.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Pools are still counted, just slightly less.

I for one try to never drop pools matches, I feel everyone else should be doing the same.

nickcam

Smash Ace
Nickam, TO joe outplaced you frequently . It doesnt even matter if he actually beats you.
So i beat Joe, Joe = better, learn some logic and get outta this thread plz. Thats like saying ur better then brose when he 3-0'd u. I dont think ur practicing those dittos enough, although i wouldnt mind seeing u get embarassed again that was too funny.

swordgard

Smash Hero
So i beat Joe, Joe = better, learn some logic and get outta this thread plz. Thats like saying ur better then brose when he 3-0'd u. I dont think ur practicing those dittos enough, although i wouldnt mind seeing u get embarassed again that was too funny.

CO18 beat ally in a MM 3-1 i believe. CO18>Ally? See what i did there?
1st of all, tourney matches>pool matches>money matches>friendlies.

Also, if you outplace someone consistently, it doesnt matter if you beat them. Matchup knowledge among other things influence this outcome. I know you have some incredible bias towards your own region into thinking you guys are the best there is, but try to look past that. Its been a long time since youve outplaced TO joe. Your wins against him are getting old too. Did FOW beat tyrant last time they played in tourney? Yes. Did tyrant outplace fow dramatically at genesis? Yes. Whos better? Fow or Tyrant.

If you answered FOW, good joob, you proved that you arent good enough to judge about PRs.

Now if you want to continue insulting me without a valid reason please go on and show us all how immature you are.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I completely agree with Swordgard....you guys should stop treating him like *** and maybe look up to him a little bit, he IS better than all of us xD

PND

Smash Champion
I find it hilarious that the CANADA scene is saturated with these little bastard ****** kids. Stereotypes FTW!

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
yeah cam even though u beat me ive been placing well and beating/giving our top players a run 4 there money,fukkn holy messes up PR!(i sware holy if we didnt team at tourneys id hate ur fukkn soul for comin to every tourney we have LOL)

and LOOOOOOL pnd!

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Pools though like....I just don't want to play the matches alot of the time. They take soo long and they're draining if you really give them your all - my strat isn't "oh let me go Peach in pools just to screw around", its let me save myself for bracket. As if teams didn't kill my stamina enough, throw pools on top of that + 10 hours of nothing but looking at brawl

PND

Smash Champion
What if pools where modified a bit, let's say Best of 3, but only 2 stock, 5 minute timer.

Pools wouldn't matter that much anymore, they'd be just for seeding. There would be less issues of "I beat so and so in pools" because, so what? They'd take far less time and allow people to jump into the brackets quicker before getting burnt out or whatever. The top players will still dominate pools, but perhaps they'd have to sandbag less without that extra stock buffer zone of playing around.

As it is, I feel pools matches take far too long. Like, I can power through them as fast as possible, go out for All You Can Eat sushi, come back and still friendly people before brackets start. No wonder tourneys are running so late.

nickcam

Smash Ace
lol straight up if u beat someone multiple times or comepletely destroy them ie Brose sg then ur the better player. Its not like im talking about once its multiple times. And umm sg please go practice those dittos incase u come to havoc son. I dont want no more matchup johns cause thats all i read lol.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
we just need more setups for pools,2stocks is laaaaaaaaaame

and nick, im like 4-0 against brose from recent tourney, i dont think i should be higher then him,you cant just say u beat me then ignore that ive been placing like 4 spots above you consistently lol i suck vs wario so ull prolly beat me again =[

swordgard

Smash Hero
lol straight up if u beat someone multiple times or comepletely destroy them ie Brose sg then ur the better player. Its not like im talking about once its multiple times. And umm sg please go practice those dittos incase u come to havoc son. I dont want no more matchup johns cause thats all i read lol.
I wonder how i beat all of those people who beat ambrose usually then uh? I guess it must have been sheer luck. W/e, im tired of arguing with you about whos better between ambrose or me. If you believe ambrose is better then good for you. You cant act like the mature one around so i guess i will.

Either way, TO joe outplaced you, if you cant take that, place better and stop saying you beat him. Just outplace him. And fatal needs to be higher. Your scenes placing are very inconsistent sometimes O.o . TO joe and fatal higher. Thats all you need.

EDIT: Hard to judge for minus when he disappears from brackets XD

Cyan_

Smash Lord
nah, we need more TVs than Wiis

most of the time anyways

lol, Mikey's tourney.

nickcam

Smash Ace
and nick, im like 4-0 against brose from recent tourney, i dont think i should be higher then him,you cant just say u beat me then ignore that ive been placing like 4 spots above you consistently lol i suck vs wario so ull prolly beat me again =[
lol so outplacing by one spot (i got 7th u got 5th) takes more priority over actual matchups between us. The problem is people are looking at placings more then the actual matchups between people. Of course metaknights are gonna place higher. U know why, HE HAS NO BAD MATCHUPS OR STAGES. If ur not placing top 3 with meta especially with the way you play joe then ur doing something wrong. Also who votes for a new Meta banned pr when the first non meta toruney is held

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
for someone who said they dont care about the pr i gotta say

u mad

and btw i beat brose,gi,fool,and doc at that tourney.....whod you take out if you wanna look at matchups

your getting really defensive chill out dude lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom