• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Gta+Niagara Brawl Power Rankings! (last updated 06/28. OMG RLY!?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

swordgard

Smash Hero
So ontario brawl is officially dead?

Anyone up for trying to save the community some of you worked so hard to kill?

swordgard

Smash Hero
How is ontario brawl officially dead? We just had a 64 man tourney like a week ago. LOL
We had a 32 man tourney with 80 people or so wanting to attend but couldn't due to registration limits. Doesn't mean quebec scene isn't dying.

Competitive ontario brawl is pretty much dead. No more casuals at york, low attendance in competitive tournaments, more players quitting here and there. If its not dead, then its going towards that direction fairly quickly.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
its not that bad, its just we need a toronto tourney host, they get the most people

no one comes to sauga tournies or id gladly host multiple sauga tournies

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I thought Sauga tourneys usually had the best attendance out of the GTA tourneys (aside from the really big ones like LBT and the original OiN's). I'd go to Sauga...it's the closest part of the GTA to me now that Pownz is gone ><

Mikey7

Smash Lord
I thought Sauga tourneys usually had the best attendance out of the GTA tourneys (aside from the really big ones like LBT and the original OiN's). I'd go to Sauga...it's the closest part of the GTA to me now that Pownz is gone ><
i think all the best attendance is toronto/scarb, last tourney i hosted had 80 poeple prereg, 40 showed including mtl + ottawa

2/2 playgrounds tournies had under 16, last one being 9

the one carter got the venue for had 40 at last minute - most successful, but it was prob because everyone made plans already to go all the way to niagara and they all already had rides

vs.

lbt2 - 70+
all of gi's 50+

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
for some reason after apex ive been very interested in helping to host a tournament, im gonna walk around in my down time at school maybe find a library or some rando shiz to host up

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
i cant really picture a place in vaughan suitable to host tourneys, its alot of residential b.s and the church here is fancy as balls, theres a basketball gym in the community centre i did my community service hours at maybe we can host somethingthere? ill look into it next week

Anth0ny

Smash Master
i cant really picture a place in vaughan suitable to host tourneys, its alot of residential b.s and the church here is fancy as balls, theres a basketball gym in the community centre i did my community service hours at maybe we can host somethingthere? ill look into it next week
our church is like 5 square feet away from legally being a cathedral

and the community centre is expensive as balls as far as I kno...but if you can get a good deal let's do it up!

Gichan

Smash Champion
I read that thread and it was a good read, it also inspired me to host again or I wouldn't have even had four.

I lost that venue and I also quit the game why should I have to host another one? There are still more of you guys left that play but NONE of you can step up? Really? It's quite pathetic actually. Its funny cause I use to be the one on the receiving end of this when niko was pissed at us all for not taking any initiative.

But again, I'm in the works of hosting a tournament for you guys just cause I feel sorry but I better get the numbers I need to cover venue fee. I'm going to talk to tfns today about renting and thre will definitely be one in january. It was suppose to be a big tournament for ssfiv but they don't want it so I am going to get a smaller section of it and host one for brawl.

Patches

Smash Master
C'mon now Gi. Can't really say NONE of us have stepped up. I'd be more than willing to if I lived closer. I tried during August, and from my experience with that flop, I know I can't do anything, unless I'm able to move to Toronto or even Sauga.

Gichan

Smash Champion
sorry patches, that is true. It takes someone from GTA. My main disappointment is with Vaughan to be honest. Those rich kids can deliver but don't.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
sorry patches, that is true. It takes someone from GTA. My main disappointment is with Vaughan to be honest. Those rich kids can deliver but don't.
loooooooooool

im 16, anth wouldnt be allowed and idk about joe probably the same

also vaughan venues would probably be very expensive, so venues fees would be like $10

besides there's only like 3 vaughan smashers lol. Tin is vaughan too, but not woodbridge which is where us 3 live

and we're not THAT rich

Anth0ny

Smash Master
me joe and cyan are middle class at best :laugh:

and the venues here (the little amount that there are) are STUPID expensive.

and i had some casuals in my basement, but then i got sick of brawl :dizzy:

Gichan

Smash Champion
aww...will miss this thread though no lies lots of ****ing memories are contained within these pages. Scene use to be tooooo hype man fucccckkk.

Gichan

Smash Champion
good stuff man, I've regressed...got too lazy to keep playing. I use to consistenly rsf 4 times in a match to either splash/cr.mk/slide. I hope you keep the **** up.

SRTM

Smash Ace
good stuff man, I've regressed...got too lazy to keep playing. I use to consistenly rsf 4 times in a match to either splash/cr.mk/slide. I hope you keep the **** up.
aww man, I need some of your inspiration. You didn't stop playing for good did you?

Gichan

Smash Champion
No I still do I love it just that it felt like a job man and I wanted to enjoy other games for once. I played Crackdown 2 and that game is soooo bad but VERY addictive and fun. I'm going to start ssfiv training again today.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Guys, I just spoke with a special someone, and if you have any videos / clips of brawl 'combos' and sweet reads you want included into THE OFFICIAL GTAN COMBO VIDEO, please send me a PM with the link.

Only tournament / MM footage please. Keep friendlies to a bare minimum, unless the footage is simply spectacular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom