• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Green Fireball Thread (luigi's Best Friend)

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
The Luigi's Green Fireball Guide

Context
1) Intro
2) Pros & Cons
3) Fireball Advantage/Disadvange Over Characters Moves
4) Fireball Techniques
5) Ways to use the fireball

Intro
. Luigi's Fireball is a basic projectile attack that moves horizontally across the stage and has decent range.
. Luigi can have multiple fireballs onscreen at the same time.
. Luigi's Fireball takes 40 Frames to do (2/3s of a second)
. The Fireball Last 48 Frames.
. Hitlag is 7 Frames
. Shield Stun is 2 Frames
. It mostly does 6%
. You Can Spam the fireball over short to Medium distances.

Pros & Cons

Pros
. It is quite fast
. Use it Offensive and Defensive
. Good for Mind games
. Good for Stunning your enemy.
. Good For Edge guarding

Cons
. Doesn't really Travel that far
. It is Punishable on HIT
. It Has bad Priority
. You Can't Spam it Otherwise your enemy will know your game

Fireball Advantage/Disadvange Over Characters Moves

Pony

Smash Apprentice
apparently, if a luigi player does a b-reversal, it was stolen from zhao.

thats right, i INVENTED b-reversing
Every time I do a B-reversal in a tournament match, I yell to my opponent, "COPYRIGHT ZHAO_GUANG".

Fact.

WIGI

Smash Champion
you definatly didn't zhao. i might be able to record a few matches of fireball tricks i do.

you gusy need more ledgehop fireball jab up b, oldschool stuff that works. im like the only one who i ever see still do it.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
you definatly didn't zhao. i might be able to record a few matches of fireball tricks i do.

you gusy need more ledgehop fireball jab up b, oldschool stuff that works. im like the only one who i ever see still do it.
Clearly you can't detect sarcasm lol.

inb4youcanttellsarcasmovertheinternet

WIGI

Smash Champion
ah.. my bad then.. i thought you were just being pompus.. witch was unusual for you. but you werent lol

TreK

Is "that guy"
Fireball... Oh, that projectile we have that is punishable on hit that I still spam anyway ? :V

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
we could also touch on what fireballs can do in doubles, obviously the stuff that everyone knows like bucket and healing ness/lucas and stuff, but also other stuff like a little trick me and a mario friend use in doubles.

fireball wall (do you like my very orginal and creative name?)

there's 3 varitaions of this little trick the first is to have luigi stand still spamming fireball and have mario stand behind and jump up and fire his own balls above luigi's head, I sure wish I could fire my balls, the other guys would be so jealous.

and obviously the second varation is mario on the ground and luigi jumping above him.

then theres the 3rd varation (sounds good on paper but I still need to actually try it out!)
where luigi fires on the ground and mario stays behind him, jumps up and fires over his head, and then they swap and mario fires under luigi as he jumps up and fires in the air and they alternate back and forth like this.

cool little trick, can work in a 2 v 2 but 2 v 1 is much easier, great for throwing out whenever you find yourself in the right postion.

also works great when you use it to trap someone like snake on the ledge, we did this to some noob onetime and got like 100% damage before he finally got out.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
marios more open if hes doing grounded fireballs, l think it should be better if its the opposite way, though in past experiences, most marios or luigis tend to SH fireballs and get in the way of their partners fireballs lol

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah, the way we do it is mario jumping, but the alternating one could be good for mixups, and its usally best if you work it out before hand so you can stop and wall for a few seconds and then go back into no fireball mode, fighting close range whilst dodging around your partners fireballs is very hard learn to do conisistnaly unless you know your patrner inside and out and play together often.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
Yes, Luigi's fireball is good for gathering up damage and also interrupting other fights.

What I think about Mario's Fire is it has more stun effect then Luigi's.

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
I don't want to discuss about mario's fireball that much but I think mario's fireball is shorter then luigi's fireball but Mario's Fireball has more stun then Luigi's one.

EDIT: oh, can someone tell me some bad stuffs about luigi's fireball? I am not playing the game now because I am at my Granny's house.

TreK

Is "that guy"
if you're hitting from a short distance, it is punishable on HIT...
So yeah, Luigi has no camping because if he starts spamming the fireball the opponent just has to run in, get hit and it's a free smash, lulz
Guess why I want bbrawl to be played :V

Top Bottom