The Greatest Chef Who Ever Lived ~ Cooking Mama for Smash Ultimate

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
Cooking Mama

Credit @ Coonsy Arts
cookm.jpg

cookm2.jpg

"Don't worry, Mama will fix it!"
- Mama to the player, after they've burned the Salisbury Steak for the 51st Time!

Who or What the Hell is Cooking Mama ?
Cooking Mama is a series of Cookery-Simulation games, consisting of several Main Games spread between the DS and 3DS, two console games released on the Wii, and several spinoff games including Gardening Mama, Crafting Mama, Camping Mama and Babysitting Mama (We don't talk about that last one).
The gameplay of the series is a compilation of minigames, with each one representing a step taken when preparing a meal to be served (such as chopping vegetables, frying an egg etc) with the aim to receive the Highest Score possible when all steps are completed.
Mama herself plays the role of tutor in the series, taking the Player under her wing as she guides them through a whole Cookbook of recipes, from basic meals such as Fried Chicken and Lasagna, to more exotic tastes such as Takikomi Rice and Ratatouille, to even mouthwatering deserts such as Chocolate Truffles and Baked Cheesecake (Yum!).
Depending on how well you play, Mama will either humbly sing praises about you from the Heavens, or hide her hatred as her eyes begin to burn like the flames of fiery embers...

Why Cooking Mama ?
In a series with it's fair share of creatures and beings who'd eat and devour anything thrown their way (e.g: :ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultpacman::ultwario: ), Cooking Mama would already be unique as a Full-Time Chef amongst a roster filled with Plumbers, Princesses, Bounty Hunters, Tyrants, Psychics and Pokémon (Aside from :kirby2:brief stint as a Soup Chef in Brawl, but that's another story.)
I believe too that she'd fit right at home in Smash Ultimate and it's plethora of colors and lightheartedness, and, despite being a 3rd Party, she does have a strong Nintendo presence, with all of her games having solely being released for Nintendo systems (leading many to think she's a Nintendo owned Character, similar to Professor Layton).

MOVESETS
Overview: Mama is a cheerful fighter, fighting and smashin' with nimble speed and grace, but built like a sturdy tank from years of plucking Vegetables from the grounds of her garden.
She'd be around Mario's height, with her attacks derived from the utensils and cuisines found in her kitchen, and that's all I got so far.

THE MASTERCHEFS (SUPPORTER LIST)
Palettes/Costumes
WIP

Signature Icons

Credit Gimj Gimj
Last but not least, remember not to burn anything when out supporting Mama!

Attachments

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Master
If she were a first party, she’d probably be in already.

I guess I support. She may not be as iconic as other third party picks, but there is something to be said about a character so associated with Nintendo people think they own her.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I support especially if she has rage mode. She might be the Super Saiyan we need. But is Cooking Mama still around?

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
Lads, the Final Direct is tomorrow, lend Mama all your energy for the final push
\o/

Although I've got the sinking feeling she'll be revealed as a 3rd party AT like shovel Knight, but that's enough to make me happy

Last edited:

Blaakat

Smash Rookie
Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but Office Create fully owns the series nowadays, correct? This can make things potentially easier, since they don't have to be tied to Majesco or Square Enix.

Also, supporting.
Yeah, they do. Don't remember seeing either of them when I played Cooking Mama 5. I need to make a stock symbol for her, so look out for that.

Ornl

Smash Apprentice
Cooking Mama makes its merry way with 12 million sales (it's as much as Star Fox, just behind Yo-kai Watch).
But she is defined by her non-violent and non-feminist profession, like Isabelle the secretary.
I dont' support, because of Isabelle.

Posted my argument for Cooking Mama about a month ago on the smash subreddit. Mods removed it. Got 500 upvotes though!

Cooking Mama is the character ive wanted in smash ever since I started playing. If Pac-Man can represent the arcade cabinets, then Cooking Mama could easially represent the DS. (Lucario doesn't count) Cooking Mama is by far my most iconic character from the DS. Imagine her moveset!

Last edited:

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
Mr Saturn Fanboy Mr Saturn Fanboy if you still have it somewhere,you can post it here and I'll update the OP with it, it'd be nice to have more meat to the marrow of the Mama cause!

Last edited:
Mr Saturn Fanboy Mr Saturn Fanboy if you still have it somewhere,you can post it here and I'll update the OP with it, it'd be nice to have more meat to the marrow of the Mama cause!
Do you mean the reddit post? I can link it, but you won't have the original conversation starter, just a ton of strings of comments.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/ak2ryi/why_not_cooking_mama_tho/

The basic starter i had given was essentially
"If pac-man can represent arcafe cabinets, them Cooking Mama could represent the DS", how she would fit in with the current roster quite well, and the fact that we don't need yet another "anime swordfighter" (as there are already 400)

Last edited:
Mama is not the greatest chef who ever lived. All of her recipes are canned instructions you'd find on the internet and she probably enjoys her steaks burnt to a crisp and tough as leather judging by the way you cook them in her games.

Last edited: