• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Greatest Chef Who Ever Lived ~ Cooking Mama for Smash Ultimate!

Will you be buying Cooking Mama Cookstar?

• Yes!

• No!

• I'm just here for the memes!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
Well with all this crazy crap about this game, at least it gave us this.

So cooking mama isnt their own brand suffering?
brand = IP
People often use them interchangeably when dealing with one note companies

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
God damn Cooking Mama getting roasted in these reviews. I know the series was always shovelware to begin with, but show some respect for the woman who got a lot of casuals to buy Nintendo DS/3DS's

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
You think Office Create would have took more notice of a developer releasing a half baked game they thought wasn't up to their standards. It honestly reads that they let them release it anyway despite that

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
I really hope the recent controversy doesn't affect Mama's chances, i know the DLC's already decided and all but still, what a wild ride for such an unassuming franchise.

I support her inclusion by the way, she'd be a perfect "WTF" newcomer and a cook would make for a really interesting character archetype.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I don't know what to think of this recent scandal, on one hand it's definitely raised the series' profile and given it some much needed exposure, but on the other there is such a thing as bad publicity, and this game is turning out to be quite infamous. The last thing I want is Cooking Mama to be better known for this catastrophe of shovelware than for its actual enjoyable titles.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I feel bad for the series getting trashed like this due to unsubstantiated rumors.

Oddball

Smash Lord
if Mama was a fighter pass character, what would be her stage, music and spirits be?
If they use "Cooking Mama" as the character, I can see them using "Gardening Mama", "Camping Mama" ect. as spirits. Throw in Papa, the kids, Sweets Madam, and one or two of the other firneds and you'd be set.

Happy International Women's Day!

View attachment 265136
Change just a few characters around and this would almost be a perfect image for her Smash reveal.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I had cooking mama on the ds I had a lot of fun memories with it.
I don’t mind seeing cooking mama in smash she stand on top of her own genre for cooking games and recognizable with also long history with Nintendo.
However I feel that Sakurai isn’t really looking for small companies for 3rd party playable picks so far we get Konami, Sega, Namco, Capcom, Square-enix, Microsoft, SNK. And I could see Tecmo and Ubisoft and Activision gets a rep before starting to reach the smaller companies or indies.
However I think her getting a mii costume at least would be great.

Last edited:
Top Bottom