• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Greatest Chef Who Ever Lived ~ Cooking Mama for Smash Ultimate!

Will you be buying Cooking Mama Cookstar?

• Yes!

• No!

• I'm just here for the memes!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
New news on Mama's newest game, when we have a release date which is just on the horizon too!

Damn that games looks funky as hell, since most people are speculating a new direct in March, maybe we could see Cooking Mama reveal trailer for Smash Bros to promote her new game? :pimp:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Damn that games looks funky as hell, since most people are speculating a new direct in March, maybe we could see Cooking Mama reveal trailer for Smash Bros to promote her new game? :pimp:

That'd be aweome, for sure :D

I do hope we get to know the next character in march, im sure lots would appreciate it :)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
New news on Mama's newest game, when we have a release date which is just on the horizon too!

So the new angle of the game is Mama takes on Instagram?

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187

I just noticed there's an airfryer in the game now. Holy tomatoes on a crispy bun.
Sooooo now that we've learned there's an AC direct on Thursday, maybe, just maybe, Mama gets a reveal trailer at the end? I'm grasping at straws here, but both AC and Cooking Mama are simulation games sooooooooo....

D

Deleted member

Hmmm...I do remember playing the series back when I used to have a DS.

I wanna see how she'll go. Count me in.

"True Love is like blood."

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm not counting on anything in an AC direct for smash right now, I don't think they'll add more than isabelle, too, but who knows, nintendo, or at least sakurai, does weird things sometimes :p

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Cooking Mama Cookstar supposedly released but it was already pulled digitally?

What is happening with Mama?

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
Maybe Mama ended up catching the Corona Virus and her release dates are all over the place as a result :(

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Did some digging and apparently the game is mining Crypto Currency and some other shenanigans.

Why a Cooking Mama game of all things though?

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
Did some digging and apparently the game is mining Crypto Currency and some other shenanigans.

Must be because they thought a Cooking Mama game would go under the radar, plus it's not an unknown IP that would at least in theory have people mining Cryptos with it.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

I thought this was already known though? I remember reading about it a couple of months back.

Then again, they super underplayed it in the marketing, so maybe it's a matter of deceptive advertising.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I knew it! The license has somehow been stolen under CMLTD's noses (or lack thereof)!

These thieves are also known as Planet Entertainment. It seemed weird that they didn't do anything noteworthy until a few years ago: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/company/205369-planet-entertainment

Basically took advantage of the lack of a CM entry on Switch to screw everyone over.

Last edited:

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
Sweet saviour on a heavenly stick, what a mess the Cooking Mama license has gotten itself into.
And I was waiting for a new Cooking Mama mainline game too, :(

zferolie

Smash Hero
I knew it! The license has somehow been stolen under CMLTD's noses (or lack thereof)!

These thieves are also known as Planet Entertainment. It seemed weird that they didn't do anything noteworthy until a few years ago: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/company/205369-planet-entertainment

Basically took advantage of the lack of a CM entry on Switch to screw everyone over.
but how do you steal a game license, advertise it for about a year, and release it, and only after releasing it does anyone say anything?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
but how do you steal a game license, advertise it for about a year, and release it, and only after releasing it does anyone say anything?
Cooking Mama is low-profile enough that barely anyone would notice except a subset of fans. CMLTD also hasn't done a new game since the mid-2010s, so that must have been grounds for "legally dead". I thought that most people would have noticed the crypto stuff far earlier (hell, I did, and didn't want to make a fuss about it).

Now that everything related to the game has been removed, we're dealing with a Cooking Mama game that never existed. The part that's the weirdest is a member of a known industrialist family leads the company that apparently made it.

Also, this is the funniest summary of the whole debacle: https://twitter.com/Gay_Furby/status/1246845494707585027

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
An update to the story

The blockchain might not have been why it was pulled, it could be the devs being lazy and ripping music off YouTube. Story link

zferolie

Smash Hero

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Some more collection of whats going on and responses from the devs. Still no word on why the game was actually pulled.

https://www.siliconera.com/cooking-mama-mystery-update/

They ripped off their own games music? Wouldnt they have their own copies of those music in their files?
Devs get lazy and google it. Even ultimate had some of that when it turned out that the Mother 3 Spirit wasn't from Nintendo's archives but ripped from a Mother 3 fansite.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

zferolie

Smash Hero
To add onto KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465 , heres a video going into it. Seems like its due to developer wanting to take more time but publisher putting it out anyway and then developers had it pulled due to that or something nutty.

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
Must suck being Office Create right now, having your only IP being devalued so badly by a bunch of incompetent developers and publishers

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well with all this crazy crap about this game, at least it gave us this.

Must suck being Office Create right now, having your only IP being devalued so badly by a bunch of incompetent developers and publishers
So cooking mama isnt their own brand suffering?

Top Bottom