• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (Smash Ultimate Edition!)

Is Balloon Fighter Disconfirmed?

• Yes

Votes: 158 51.1%
  • No

Votes: 63 20.4%
  • Unsure

Votes: 88 28.5%

• Total voters

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Please do, it's very very late (early?) here so I might be running wild with something I didn't hear, but in the XC threads it seems fairly agreed upon.
Yeah i think your right, he says we decided which fighters to include when we started planning so were he does not say he is specifically talking about dlc he does mention it after talking about the season pass thing so i guess you can that is what was meant.

Maxilian0124

Smash Rookie
This Direct buried so many characters at once that were heavily requested

Shadow, Black Knight, Skull Kid, Lip, Isaac

Damn you Sakurai! At least you put them in the game
How was Skull Kid buried? he did not appear as a AT as far as i know. (well we did got the Moon as one)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Dear lord. The amount of disconfirmations was as terrible as the Eclipse in Berserk.

Should we count the Spirit stuff as disconfirmations?
I don't think so given that Mewtwo and Lucas were added to Smash 4 after they had trophies.
Even without that, that's still a lot of graves to dig...

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
anyone know if piranha plant is 1 of the 5 dlc fighters or separate, learning towards separate since there would probably be a discount or something on the season pass thing while the 1st fighter is free.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
It's probably likely that the Spirit characters are all out of the question, so sorry Dixie and Tails.
No. There are Spirit icons depicting K. Rool, Kirby, and the male Wii Fit Trainer, so they don't mean anything for Dixie or Tails, for example.
anyone know if piranha plant is 1 of the 5 dlc fighters or separate, learning towards separate since there would probably be a discount or something on the season pass thing while the 1st fighter is free.
Piranha Plant is just a pre-order exclusive character who will be added as paid DLC added on. It has nothing to do with the fighters in the Fighter Pass.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
No. There are Spirit icons depicting K. Rool, Kirby, and the male Wii Fit Trainer, so they don't mean anything for Dixie or Tails, for example.
After making my last post, I checked the Smash Bros. website and saw a Meta Ridley spirit screenshot, so I guess I spoke too soon.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I'm not going to add the Spirits characters to the disconfirmation list. They're essentially trophies, and we got Mewtwo and Lucas in 4.

Room100

Smash Apprentice
I definitely support keeping characters seen as Spirits on the table for DLC considering the playable characters we've seen as Spirits. A list of Spirits who are highly-requested characters would be nice as well!

Costumes are 50/50 in terms of DLC potential. Considering some costumes were more or less placeholders for future playable characters in Sm4sh, it may be possible for characters seen as costumes to become playable. Not as reasonable as Spirits though.

As for Assist Trophies... unfortunately I'd say count up the bodies. With Smash being more tied to online and DLC now more than ever it's POSSIBLE they'd consider converting a highly-requested AT to playable. However, Assist Trophies are such a different animal to things like costumes and Spirits considering their items with their own programming and unique design. I think the priority would be to preserve how they function as-is.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Well, Phosphora being an AT again (based on the updated Smash site) was one of the only things that slightly struck me since she was one of the 3 I wanted, just her being an AT again is at least good for wanting to see her in HD.
Anyways, I wish you guys the best of luck on updating the list.
However, the other KI AT from Smash 4, Magnus, is mysteriously absent. In fact, Magnus is one of only 2 ATs introduced in Smash 4 to not return, the other one being Elec Man.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Do we have a list of the Mii costumes yet? I imagine they're pretty much a disconfirm at this point.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
That's quite sad, i guess the only interesting Zelda character with some kind of chance is Vaati (and i wouldn't bet on it)
Vaati is my third most-wanted, but I've been pessimistic about his chances for quite some time.

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
Even if we don't consider Spirits as deconfirmation I still think it would be worthwhile to compile all the popular picks that got sticker'd as like a deathbed of sorts.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Even if we don't consider Spirits as deconfirmation I still think it would be worthwhile to compile all the popular picks that got sticker'd as like a deathbed of sorts.
Seconded.

Even if K. Rool shows that a playable character can be a spirit as well, being a spirit, much like an AT, counts as a sort of character representation and the development team could very likely consider that enough. It'd be useful to have a list of spirit-deconfirmed characters as well.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Do Doc Louis and Kat & Ana (who are trainers in Spirits) count as deconfirmations?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
However, the other KI AT from Smash 4, Magnus, is mysteriously absent. In fact, Magnus is one of only 2 ATs introduced in Smash 4 to not return, the other one being Elec Man.
I know about the KI AT thing. Considering the amount of ATs and the need to spread em out, I assume they kept Phosphora for being more unique than Magnus (which actually is kinda is true as far as uniqueness goes), but I could be wrong.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Do Doc Louis and Kat & Ana (who are trainers in Spirits) count as deconfirmations?
I think so, it'd be odd for characters themselves to be trainers.

So that's trainers as another category

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

I don't think it would count because there is no precedent. If they could make a freaking Piranha Plant a playable character than anything can happen at this point.

xzx

Smash Lord
Tingle isn't an Assist Trophy anymore.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

Also, the trainers are Spirits themselves. If Rathalos can be both a boss and an AT, then any character can have multiple, big roles. Also, Chrom is still in Robin's Final Smash despite being a playable character. This means that being in a Final Smash is not a deconfirmation.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'd keep them. Adding something is different from keeping the same.
Eh, I’d say that they aren’t impossible at the very least and they can coexist as fighters.

I wouldn’t write me off entirely imo.

And yes, Toad and Tom Nook as well (I legit forgot they were there tbh)

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
You should update this to take off all characters who appear in another character's Final Smash. Also, Daisy (in her classic outfit) is also a Spirit, so Spirits are not automatic deconfirmations.

Last edited:

StarDustStorm

Smash Journeyman
You should update this to take off all characters who appear in another character's Final Smash. Also, Daisy (in her classic outfit) is also a Spirit, so Spirits are not automatic deconfirmations.
Is it equipable and is there a screenshot please? Unless its not yet.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
I came to honor those that fell in the battle to SSBU that I was rooting for. RIP Knuckles, Waluigi, Krystal, Bomberman, Lyn, Shovel Knight, Shadow, Isaac and... Rex? Hmm... not 100% that he won’t show up as DLC but will at least agree he looks unlikely.

Also didn’t even know skull kid got deconfirmed... my condolences to his supporters.

BigMac1304

Smash Apprentice
So for Splatoon you're missing:
Pearl and Marina - Spirit
Crusty Sean - Spirit
Great Zapfish - Spirit

Just thought you might want to know this.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
So for Splatoon you're missing:
Pearl and Marina - Spirit
Crusty Sean - Spirit
Great Zapfish - Spirit

Just thought you might want to know this.
Spirits are not deconfirmations. This was pointed out earlier in the thread.

Top Bottom