• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (Smash Ultimate Edition!)

Is Balloon Fighter Disconfirmed?

• Yes

Votes: 158 51.1%
  • No

Votes: 63 20.4%
  • Unsure

Votes: 88 28.5%

• Total voters

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if it'd be easier to list the survivors at this point.

What I got is

Geno
Captain Toad/Toadette
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Ashley
Dark Samus
Isabelle
Shadow the Hedgehog

I'm sure I'm missing a few.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I updated the list, let me know if I forgot anyone.

As for Pauline, she isn't disconfirmed, same with Judd. They're just minor Background appearances, and look at what happened with Toon Link in SSB4.
You still forgot Giga Bowser, Wario-Man, and Giga Mac. They're not fully playable anymore, but if you don't want them mixed in with the Assist Trophies and Poke Ball Pokemon, you could make a separate section for former playable characters.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
You still forgot Giga Bowser, Wario-Man, and Giga Mac. They're not fully playable anymore, but if you don't want them mixed in with the Assist Trophies and Poke Ball Pokemon, you could make a separate section for former playable characters.
Not sure if the Final Smash changes really count as disconfirmed characters.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Not sure if the Final Smash changes really count as disconfirmed characters.
I would think so, because Giga Bowser, Wario-Man, and Giga Mac all operated like standard fighters, being able to perform normal attacks, grabs, special moves, and shielding. Their damage output also got affected, based on how big or small they're set to.

Mega Charizard X, however, does NOT operate like a standard fighter, as it had more in common with Yoshi's Super Dragon, and its damage output never changed at all when used during a Giant / Tiny Special Smash.

Last edited:

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I would think so, because Giga Bowser, Wario-Man, and Giga Mac all operated like standard fighters, being able to perform normal attacks, grabs, special moves, and shielding. Their damage output also got affected, based on how big or small they're set to.

Mega Charizard X, however, does NOT count as a standard fighter, as it operated more like Yoshi's Super Dragon, and its damage output does not change at all when used during a Giant / Tiny Special Smash.
But they're not their own characters, just things that existing characters do. Do we also need to disconfirm Cappy-based Mario, Full FLUDD Mario or Luigi's Mansion Luigi. We're not disconfirming 'Sports Spinoff Daisy' because that's not what she does in Ultimate. 'Masked Marth' hasn't been disconfirmed because Lucina can put on her mask.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
But they're not their own characters, just things that existing characters do.
Still, Giga Bowser, Wario-Man, Giga Mac, and Mega Lucario were all unique Final Smashes in that you could use them in the same manner as a standard fighter. They even have their own attributes, and their parameter data is placed in separate .bin files (such as fighter_param_vl_koopag.bin for Giga Bowser). And lastly, through hacking methods, it is possible to use those four Final Smash fighters for an entire match, though the lack of victory animations will result in game crashes.

Because Smash Ultimate made drastic changes to certain Final Smashes, those four characters no longer operate like standard fighters.

This may be a debatable topic for some, but just know that we have four less playable fighters now.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wonder if Original Giga Bowser will return as a Boss.

Astraltar

Smash Apprentice
Well Midna's confirmation as an AT is depressing. But I guess technically Wolf Link is still possible. He just won't have Midna on his back like i'd dreamed.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
At this point, all I can see for Zelda newcomers is Tingle or Impa, with the latter more likely being an Echo. I'm more likely to believe that we just aren't getting a new zelda rep at all though because Young link's back and zelda/ganon got substantial changes.

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
I just realized something... what if Mega Charizard X gets in as Charizard's Echo Fighter... this way, we keep the solo Charizard from SSB4 in Ultimate? :crazy:
That would actually be good. I don't like to play as Charizard, but the more the merrier.
Besides, I think they removed Charizard's rock now the PT is back.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
The whole Dark Samus thing does seem suspicious.

Us particularly not seeing other assist trophies who could be echoes fighters like Isabelle and Shadow is also very interesting.

Not seeing Chrom as Robin's final smash yet, especially considering he apparently almost made it in the last game, could also be one to watch. Getting Alm or Celica as an Echoes character (no pun intended) would also be great.

IDK, I feel like they may use this whole Echoes character thing to open the door to many other popular picks (Impa and Dixie also come to mind, I also hope potential promotions to unique fighter are still possible for some of these characters).

Unless I am mistaken Vergeben's leak seems to have some backing now so maybe Simon will be our final new unique fighter maybe shown off a little bit before release, although maybe they will sneak in a secret character which where the other missing AT (Ashley, Skull Kid, Tingle, etc.) or maybe even the chorus kids or geno come in, although planned, later DLC could also be the plan for them.

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Not seeing Chrom as Robin's final smash yet, especially considering he apparently almost made it in the last game, could also be one to watch.
Robin isn’t playable in the E3 build, so we really don’t have a whole lot of footage to go off of. I personally wouldn’t get my hopes up; I think if he had a different Final Smash, they would have made a point of showcasing it in his section, like they did with the other characters.

D

Deleted member

I hope you all realize that we're 6 months away from the game's release and that they're obviously not gonna show everything because of that.

Astraltar

Smash Apprentice
Can we consider "Masked Link" from Majora's Mask a dead possibility now that Young Link from Melee has returned? I know technically he's not called an "Echo" fighter but it looks like he'll be exactly as he was in Melee.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Can we consider "Masked Link" from Majora's Mask a dead possibility now that Young Link from Melee has returned? I know technically he's not called an "Echo" fighter but it looks like he'll be exactly as he was in Melee.
See Rule 1 in the OP. Until we see a Masked Link as an assist trophy or similar, they aren't disconfirmed.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Triple Finish is back for the Pokemon Trainer's Final Smash, so it seems very likely that Mega Charizard X has left the scene.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Triple Finish is back for the Pokemon Trainer's Final Smash, so it seems very likely that Mega Charizard X has left the scene.
How does that disconfirm Mega Charizard again? He was disconfirmed via the Final Smash, now that it's gone he could be his own fighter (Never Happening, but still). The other 3 (Giga Bowser, Mac, and Wario-Man) still appear in their FS, so they are disconfirmed.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
How does that disconfirm Mega Charizard again? He was disconfirmed via the Final Smash, now that it's gone he could be his own fighter (Never Happening, but still). The other 3 (Giga Bowser, Mac, and Wario-Man) still appear in their FS, so they are disconfirmed.
Mega evolutions being made into standard fighters feels highly doubtful if you asked me. For Lucario, it might only change into Mega Lucario when performing its original Final Smash from Brawl.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Mega evolutions being made into standard fighters feels highly doubtful if you asked me. For Lucario, it might only change into Mega Lucario when performing its original Final Smash from Brawl.
Yes, it is so unlikely that it has next-to-no chance of happening. But this thread is for disconfirmed characters, and we have yet to see Mega Charazard X in a Non-Playable role.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yes, it is so unlikely that it has next-to-no chance of happening. But this thread is for disconfirmed characters, and we have yet to see Mega Charazard X in a Non-Playable role.
Point taken. Unless we get something like a trophy cameo, I guess Mega Charizard X can't truly be disconfirmed yet.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yea no dark Samus assist trophy

And hearing something and none of the 8 alts for Samus are dark Samus alt

I smell dark Samus Is going to be a echo character

Shadow as well since knuckles is a assist trophy

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yea no dark Samus assist trophy

And hearing something and none of the 8 alts for Samus are dark Samus alt

I smell dark Samus Is going to be a echo character

Shadow as well since knuckles is a assist trophy
Not all of the costumes were available in the demo, so I wouldn't overly rely on that factor alone. Meta Ridley wasn't there either, same with Mario's USA-style alt. And so on.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think we should make a MIA list for ones like Dark Samus and Gardevoir. Should that be this thread or a different one?

Nani?

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4613-7779-1616
Switch FC
SW 2020-9361-5549
Alolan Raichu, Scizor, and Lunala are all Pokeball Pokemon. Not sure if any one has already stated this.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Being MIA doesn't necessarily mean that the character is out of the running. The return of Triple Finish does mean that Mega Charizard X is no longer Charizard's Final Smash, but it's not officially disconfirmed until we get more information.

Nani?

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4613-7779-1616
Switch FC
SW 2020-9361-5549
Being MIA doesn't necessarily mean that the character is out of the running. The return of Triple Finish does mean that Mega Charizard X is no longer Charizard's Final Smash, but it's not officially disconfirmed until we get more information.
Triple Finish returned. It was shown at the Treehouse today.

russmarrs2

Smash Rookie
As far as I know, Skull Kid still hasn't been deconfirmed yet. He should probably be added to the list of MIA assist trophies.

Top Bottom