• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (Smash Ultimate Edition!)

Is Balloon Fighter Disconfirmed?

• Yes

Votes: 158 51.1%
  • No

Votes: 63 20.4%
  • Unsure

Votes: 88 28.5%

• Total voters

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Can this thread be moved to Newcomer Speculation? I feel it would have a better home there.

Also to all the fans of Takamaru, Waluigi, Lyn, Bomberman, and anyone else in the graveyard right now, you have my sympathy.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Has anyone seen Zoroark or Meloetta?

( just have Gen v on the brain)

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom

I have some recollection of seeing Zoroark but do not quote me. The smash wiki is not up to date on assist trophies and pokeballs.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

I distinctly remember seeing Zoroark pop up during the invitational, because the person caught in the attack teched the final blow downward, and everyone in my Discord was impressed.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I definitely remember Zoroark. Not sure if our word is enough, but I'd add him to the list.

Frankly, I'm just relieved to see Zoroark as a Pokeball Pokemon. I was worried that he'd be ditched altogether.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well if it was in the invitational I'm sure we can track down a screenshot.

So Meloetta is still MIA... Remember when she had a hype scene?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Plot twist:

Garvedoir will be an echo of Zelda :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Plot twist:

Gardevoir will be an echo of Zelda :troll:
As the resident Gardevoir guy... AUGH MY HOPES AND DREAMS! Why must they be toyed with?

Zelda seems the most obvious (Gallade in place of Phantom?) but Gardevoir could also be an echo of Robin (Honedge as bronze sword and Aegislash as Levin), Rosalina (Minor as Luma), Mewtwo (flowy dress filling in for the tail) or even another Peach Echo (Shroomish as Toad?)

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yes I remember seeing Zoroark too. I believe it was in one of the earlier treehouse segments in the Great Plateau Tower stage.

Drawcia

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know if Qbby has been disconfirmed?
I’m still hoping for some type of appearance.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
This may be a somewhat strange request - but perhaps for this thread's clarity - if a character has been 'De-confirmed' shouldn't there be a phrase next to it that says what their status is? Like for example:
Takamaru: Assist Trophy (R.I.P one of my most wanted)
Pauline: Present on New Donk City Stage

Probably a good way to clarify what role they have in the game, despite not being playable.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
This may be a somewhat strange request - but perhaps for this thread's clarity - if a character has been 'De-confirmed' shouldn't there be a phrase next to it that says what their status is? Like for example:
Takamaru: Assist Trophy (R.I.P one of my most wanted)
Pauline: Present on New Donk City Stage

Probably a good way to clarify what role they have in the game, despite not being playable.
Yeah, I should probably do that.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
As far as I know from reading this thread, neither have been found.
That’s a relief. At least I have some hope that these two will be playable (Shadow will probably be an Echo Figher). Especially since almost all of my “Assist Trophy promotion” hopefuls were disconfirmed (Lyn, Takamaru, Midna, Waluigi, Krystal etc.).

Nope. Ashley's absence so far is the most curious considering her popularity. Shadow is MIA too, but we saw Knuckles in Sonic's character trailer.
Shadow’s absence is VERY strange, since he was the only other Sonic character that appeared (gameplay wise) in Brawl and Sm4sh. The fact that Knuckles is an Assist makes me believe that this is definitely intentional.

Ashley’s absence gives me hope that she’ll be the next Little Mac. She’s the most popular Assist that would be a completely new fighter but hasn’t been disconfirmed yet.

On a side note, Dark Samus’ absence is also strange, especially since Samus’ Dark Samus palette swap is COMPLETELY missing. However, with the amazing, and still unbelievable, confirmation of Ridley, she may have a lower chance compared to the other two.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Remember folks, from Brawl -> Smash 4, both the Custom Robo and Golden Sun assist trophies were cut for seemingly no reason. Not seeing an assist trophy doesn't mean much.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Remember folks, from Brawl -> Smash 4, both the Custom Robo and Golden Sun assist trophies were cut for seemingly no reason. Not seeing an assist trophy doesn't mean much.
100% true, but I'm fairly certain Sakurai would not cut Ashley. She had quite a lot of representation for a non playable character in the last game. I doubt he would outright cut her, especially considering she's even more popular now.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
True, but when the main hype phase of a game starts by having all vets returned, Ridley in and Waluigi stuck in a glass case, you look for what you can find.
Sorry in case anyone asked, but has anyone seen Excitebike assist trophy.
I'm not sure but I don't think they've been found. Also, welcome on board.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
The lack of Skull Kids assist trophy has me both worried and hopeful. If I can get a Young Link vs Skull Kid match in Smash, I don't think I'll ever ask for anything ever again.

Except for maybe Bandana Dee.

D

Deleted member

You can add Balloon Fighter if you want since Villager still has the same recovery and we all saw how things went for Ballon Fighter back in Smash 4.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Checking Smash Wiki's list so far, we're on 24 Assist Trophies out of the teased "over 50"

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You can add Balloon Fighter if you want since Villager still has the same recovery and we all saw how things went for Ballon Fighter back in Smash 4.
Not that he seems likely, but that doesn't mean anything.

People thought Little Mac was disconfirmed because Villager had boxing glove moves. Same problem. I mean, it's good to be skeptical of the character, but we need better evidence of him not being playable. Like an Assist Trophy or hard statement from Nintendo.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'd recommend a "Grave has been dug" section for characters like Pauline, Toad and Balloon Fighter. One can make a strong argument for why they're not here but you could make an argument for why they could still be playable

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I'd recommend a "Grave has been dug" section for characters like Pauline, Toad and Balloon Fighter. One can make a strong argument for why they're not here but you could make an argument for why they could still be playable
I think 'Toad' is dead, but there's still 'Captain Toad' and 'Toadette' as different possibilities.

EDIT: Also
People thought Little Mac was disconfirmed because Villager had boxing glove moves. Same problem. I mean, it's good to be skeptical of the character, but we need better evidence of him not being playable. Like an Assist Trophy or hard statement from Nintendo.
I think there's a difference between 'a similarity' and straight up imitation. Villagers Up B is a straight copy of Balloon Fighter in pose and function. Having boxing gloves doesn't immitate Lil Mac in any other way than 'has boxing gloves'.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
True, but when the main hype phase of a game starts by having all vets returned, Ridley in and Waluigi stuck in a glass case, you look for what you can find.
oh, I agree, scrounge for information wherever possible. I'm all about that too. Just making sure we all don't take this information as character confirmations. It's interesting but meaningless until corroborated.

100% true, but I'm fairly certain Sakurai would not cut Ashley. She had quite a lot of representation for a non playable character in the last game. I doubt he would outright cut her, especially considering she's even more popular now.
Eh, you'd be surprised. Both Ray 01 and Isaac were the only reps for their series in Brawl, to cut them both entirely is strange as well. I agree that it seems unlikely, though. I think there's a bigger chance we just don't have every assist trophy in the E3 build. But, there's still always the chance of her being playable.

Top Bottom