• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (Smash Ultimate Edition!)

Is Balloon Fighter Disconfirmed?

• Yes

Votes: 158 51.1%
  • No

Votes: 63 20.4%
  • Unsure

Votes: 88 28.5%

• Total voters

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I'd recommend a "Grave has been dug" section for characters like Pauline, Toad and Balloon Fighter. One can make a strong argument for why they're not here but you could make an argument for why they could still be playable
I was thinking of making a poll for characters that we aren't sure if they're disconfirmed yet, and I'll probably set up a Balloon Fighter one. However, the other two are rather simple. Toad (Not Captian Toad) has been disconfirmed due to being in Peach's moveset, and Pauline hasn't been disconfirmed because she's only a background element (We think).

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I was thinking of making a poll for characters that we aren't sure if they're disconfirmed yet, and I'll probably set up a Balloon Fighter one. However, the other two are rather simple. Toad (Not Captian Toad) has been disconfirmed due to being in Peach's moveset, and Pauline hasn't been disconfirmed because she's only a background element (We think).
Sorry if it feels like I'm trying to tack extra work on you, but could we organize the disconfirmed characters by series? My OCD is wanting to group Waluigi, Toad, and Hammer Bros. together in a Super Mario category.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
No Sable or Dillon sightings, but 'm not sure if they're relevant enough to be added to the Notable Absenses though.
I would list them. Sable is one of the few retro characters left, and Dillon is the single representative of a franchise that is continuing to get games on the 3DS.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Checked the wiki and it's updated so now that's nearly 30 out of 50-60

Other notable ones missing are the Devil from Devil World, Magnus, Phosphora and Not-Pong.

D

Deleted member

Checked the wiki and it's updated so now that's nearly 30 out of 50-60

Other notable ones missing are the Devil from Devil World, Magnus, Phosphora and Not-Pong.
I'm 100% sure I saw TV color game 15 in the treehouse, they've probably just missed it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Giratina, Abomasnow, and Deoxys are all Poke Ball Pokemon again. I saw them while the Treehouse team was covering items not too long ago.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Togedemaru confirmed for Poke Ball.

Xerneas needs to be updated to be Poke Ball instead of AT.

Skull Kid should probably be added to notable list of exclusions.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
With neither Ashley or Isabelle having shown up at all this week I'd say that bodes well for their chances. Those two are probably the reasonably "big" characters remaining on the AT list that haven't already been shown off yet, given their recurring appearances as franchise icons in cross-promotional material, and they kinda seem to occupy that Waluigi/Lyn level of not wanting to dawdle on deconfirming. I've kinda been speculating that Isabelle could work as an Echo Fighter of Villager, given the character's use of Animal Crossing ephemera.

I suppose Skull Kid, Saki and Phosphora... might have a chance? I dunno, neither of them are super prominent franchise fixtures and I reckon in the case of Phosphora, we're more likely to see Medusa as an Echo Fighter of Palutena.

Last edited:

link3710

Smash Cadet
Isaac should probably be on the notable absences, as the sole rep of Golden Sun (which at this point, qualifies as a retro choice I'd say)

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Isaac should probably be on the notable absences, as the sole rep of Golden Sun (which at this point, qualifies as a retro choice I'd say)
While I would personally agree, I think the fact that he wasn't in Sm4sh at all sort makes him not appearing again not all that notable unfortunately. Still holding out hope though.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Doesn't Ganondorf's Final Smash kinda deconfirm playable Pig Ganon?
Yes and no. OoT Ganon is definitely not playable, but we've had different iterations of the same character playable before (see: Link/Young Link, Zelda/Sheik) and there are multiple Ganons, so it's not technically impossible for us to get the ALttP or ALBW style Ganon.

PrinceGal3n

Smash Journeyman
Has there been any sightings of Isaac yet? I know he wasn't in the last game but if he is still missing, it could be 50/50 that he be upgraded this time or AT again.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Robin isn’t playable in the E3 build, so we really don’t have a whole lot of footage to go off of. I personally wouldn’t get my hopes up; I think if he had a different Final Smash, they would have made a point of showcasing it in his section, like they did with the other characters.
I'll jump into this thread just to counter that point by saying that every characters with "guest" final smash were shown in their fighters video presentation.
And that we already know that transformation are gone, meaning Yoshi/Lucario will get new final Smash at the very least.
Alongside that now Final Smash are right to the point and no longer controlable/more cinematics like meaning Luigi, Peach/Daisy will get a new one.

But none of them were shown into their Fighters presentation Video.
It's possible that their final Smash are just not ready yet, perhaps their haven't done a new Chrom Model yet, but unlike the one I said, Robin have no reason to have it's final Smash changed since it's neither a transformation but more akin of Omnislash/Great Aether.

So basically, Chrom is in a 50/50 situation until Robin's final smash is shown.

Edit: Oh and just like Dark Samus Alt for Samus, Ike doesn't have it's Chrom alt anymore

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
The demo is missing alts. Let's not get our hopes up too much.
Oh? We know that dual costume characters like Ike/Cloud/Corring/Bayonetta/Robin will get more alts than 4/4 split?

Because if not, I truly wish they do get more than 4/4 but at the very least 6/6.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'll jump into this thread just to counter that point by saying that every characters with "guest" final smash were shown in their fighters video presentation.
And that we already know that transformation are gone, meaning Yoshi/Lucario will get new final Smash at the very least.
Alongside that now Final Smash are right to the point and no longer controlable/more cinematics like meaning Luigi, Peach/Daisy will get a new one.

But none of them were shown into their Fighters presentation Video.
It's possible that their final Smash are just not ready yet, perhaps their haven't done a new Chrom Model yet, but unlike the one I said, Robin have no reason to have it's final Smash changed since it's neither a transformation but more akin of Omnislash/Great Aether.

So basically, Chrom is in a 50/50 situation until Robin's final smash is shown.

Edit: Oh and just like Dark Samus Alt for Samus, Ike doesn't have it's Chrom alt anymore
Nope not all the alts are available

Ridley is the evidence of this because meta Ridley alt is not available in the demo

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oh? We know that dual costume characters like Ike/Cloud/Corring/Bayonetta/Robin will get more alts than 4/4 split?

Because if not, I truly wish they do get more than 4/4 but at the very least 6/6.
Mario and Ridley were missing confirmed alts in the demo.

We simply don't know what the final game will have, we just know that the demo didn't have everything. Hence, best to keep our hopes in check.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Unless... Meta Ridley as an Echo?

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Unless... Meta Ridley as an Echo?
Agree with Keyblade, plus Meta Ridley appears in a screenshot on Ridley’s page, front and center. There’s no way he’s anything more than a costume, what reason would they have for misleading us?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Worth a stab in the dark right?

you stab in the dark

You hit something

You are eaten by a grue

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Didn't realize Eevee was a Pokeball again RIP. He's so iconic and with his new game I thought he had a chance, ugh.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Didn't realize Eevee was a Pokeball again RIP. He's so iconic and with his new game I thought he had a chance, ugh.
The project plan was done sometime in 2016 when Sun and Moon were the newest games. I didn't think it was impossible but I felt if we did get a new Pokemon it would have been from there.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
If that Eevee with the mutation that made it shift forms from the manga was Canon to the games it might be otherwise but yeah. Bummer too considering how nowadays it's among the top 5 most popular Kanto mons but eh.

Last edited:

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
Has there been any sightings of Isaac yet? I know he wasn't in the last game but if he is still missing, it could be 50/50 that he be upgraded this time or AT again.
To my knowledge there have been no Isaac sightings.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
The project plan was done sometime in 2016 when Sun and Moon were the newest games. I didn't think it was impossible but I felt if we did get a new Pokemon it would have been from there.
Yeah I held out hope for DLC but even then Eevee doesn't seem to get too many requests (which Sakurai obviously pays attention to with the Ballot (Bayonetta) and the love for Ridley) so it was wishful thinking all along, I guess.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
It's sad that Krystal was made an Assist Trophy because I wanted her as the fourth Star Fox character.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
This is WAY to early to speculate about, but I do wonder; depending on how long the game is actively supported with new content, might we end up at a point where a character gets upgraded from assist trophy to playable via DLC? Or would that be too awkward? Certainly possible, perhaps their AT trophy can't spawn if they are currently in that match?but yeah, probably not likely.

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but it was a thought I just had. Curious if anyone else had considered that, or what people think about that. Maybe I'm just having trouble accepting that Bomberman has to deal with such disrespect. ;)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This is WAY to early to speculate about, but I do wonder; depending on how long the game is actively supported with new content, might we end up at a point where a character gets upgraded from assist trophy to playable via DLC? Or would that be too awkward? Certainly possible, perhaps their AT trophy can't spawn if they are currently in that match?but yeah, probably not likely.

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but it was a thought I just had. Curious if anyone else had considered that, or what people think about that. Maybe I'm just having trouble accepting that Bomberman has to deal with such disrespect. ;)
I doubt it would happen, but all that needs to happen is their AT can't show up. Easy.

I mean, look at what happens when Link or Toon Link(and Young Link now?) are on the Spirit Train stage. They just remove the character when another one is playable. So there's a reasonably possibility they'll repeat that style again.

Speaking of oddities, Knuckles is still on Green Hill Zone.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion

I think it's possible, as the guy above said all they'd have to do is program them as an assist trophy to not appear. I don't know how likely it is though.

Top Bottom