• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (Smash Ultimate Edition!)

Is Balloon Fighter Disconfirmed?

• Yes

Votes: 158 51.1%
  • No

Votes: 63 20.4%
  • Unsure

Votes: 88 28.5%

• Total voters

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Some of these deconfirmations are heartbreaking. My most wanted newcomer, Krystal, definitely hurts to see.

At least she was upgraded into an Assist Trophy, but it hurts that she isn't playable.

Maybe next time around. One step closer to playable, I suppose.

Alolan raichu is a pokeball. So is darkrai
Samurai goroh is an AT

EDIT
eevee is a pokeball too (again, species but ehh)

Last edited:

Libelldra00

Smash Rookie
You can see on the official site, that Tom Nook is still a part of Villager's Final Smash, so he is out, I guess.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Meowth is still a Poke Ball Pokemon. I recall spotting it while watching the Treehouse footage.

Edit: Abra appeared during a match as one of the new Poke Ball Pokemon.

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
Lyn disconfirmed, still an Assist Trophy.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Pauline wasn't shown as a Stage Hazard, just a background element, right? This shouldn't disconfirm her under the rules. It's a Toon Link situation.

D

Deleted member

Two of my wanted characters (Takamaru and Waluigi) got deconfirmed.
Oof.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
just saw on the official website what appeared to be a glimpse of a new donk city stage with pauline in the background so i think you can add her

D

Deleted member

Wow, we may need a bulldozer instead of Shovels.
The irony is, Shovel Knight may end up pulling a Bomberman and just be an Assist since guest Assists apparently don't need to be tied to guest fighters.

And that scares me. ._.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The irony is, Shovel Knight may end up pulling a Bomberman and just be an Assist since guest Assists apparently don't need to be tied to guest fighters.

And that scares me. ._.
Well, considering the Rayman Trophy...

That said, that'd still be neat since it means he appears in Smash. :)

D

Deleted member

Well, considering the Rayman Trophy...

That said, that'd still be neat since it means he appears in Smash. :)
Yeah. That's still a positive to look at. At least Shovel Knight would be getting recognition in Smash in spite of how people say he's too niche to appear.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Not that anyone was expecting him to be playable, but Sukapon is an AT.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Given the character's popularity it's very eyebrow-raising that Ashley hasn't showed up as an Assist Trophy yet (in any of the streams/trailers or Wario's page).

Burigu

Smash Ace
The name of the Rabbit is actually "Arcade Bunny" not a big deal but no one got his name right

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Has anyone seen Dark Samus yet?

Seems like prime (pun-unintended) Echo (again, unintended) material.

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
Knuckles look like an assist trophy to me.

He’s unique enough to be a newcomer but tbh i didn’t think he had much of a chance to begin with.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Knuckles look like an assist trophy to me.

He’s unique enough to be a newcomer but tbh i didn’t think he had much of a chance to begin with.
We already see him being summoned.

As noted, the website trailers don't showcase summonings and can easily be misleading. Seeing him do a Taunt with Sonic suggests he could be an Echo Fighter more than an AT. He's an AT regardless, but that's why it's not a great way to disconfirm things. We should keep an eye on proper gameplay or direct reveals.

On another note, was Starman shown? Or Burrowing Snagger(from Pikmin. I might've spelled that name wrong).

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
We already see him being summoned.

As noted, the website trailers don't showcase summonings and can easily be misleading. Seeing him do a Taunt with Sonic suggests he could be an Echo Fighter more than an AT. He's an AT regardless, but that's why it's not a great way to disconfirm things. We should keep an eye on proper gameplay or direct reveals.

On another note, was Starman shown? Or Burrowing Snagger(from Pikmin. I might've spelled that name wrong).

thank you for informing me. I only noticed he wasn’t on the original post of the deconfirmed yet so I wasn’t sure if anyone knew.

but for now i will watch more gameplay and report back if i see someone not brought up yet.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I updated the list, let me know if I forgot anyone.

As for Pauline, she isn't disconfirmed, same with Judd. They're just minor Background appearances, and look at what happened with Toon Link in SSB4.

Peridorito

Smash Journeyman
I updated the list, let me know if I forgot anyone.

As for Pauline, she isn't disconfirmed, same with Judd. They're just minor Background appearances, and look at what happened with Toon Link in SSB4.
Bass and Tom Nook are disconfirmed too. Also a bunch of other legendary Pokémon but I don't think anyone expected them.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
It hurts to see Waluigi kept out of the fun again especially in a game this big. If King K. Rool happens to make it in as playable then the Waluigi assist trophy will probably be my single gripe with this game.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Okay, I think I got them all. Remember, this thread has every disconfirmed character from the game, even ones nobody wanted.

If anyone wants, they can write obituaries for the disconfirmed characters, and I'll post them in the op. For example, here's one from the SSB4 thread

In the Great Deconfirming Massacre of April 8th, 2014, many popular newcomers lined up to be slaughtered, their fans' hope soon following.

TAC was not one such character.
TAC had no such fans.

First appearing in Kirby Superstar, then Air Ride, and finally Superstar Ultra, it is TAC's main objective in life to steal your **** and ruin your day. Given that Smash is very similar to Superstar[Ultra] and has been gaining more and more elements from Air Ride, it's only fitting that TAC be added as a griefer enemy at some point, especially in Smash Run, which is modeled very closely after City Trial. TAC's role is a cross of his two precious incarnations: He moves and acts like he does in SS, and steals power-ups like he did (off screen) in Air Ride.

They could be longer, shorter, anything really.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
If anyone wants, they can write obituaries for the disconfirmed characters, and I'll post them in the op. For example, here's one from the SSB4 thread

In the Great Deconfirming Massacre of April 8th, 2014, many popular newcomers lined up to be slaughtered, their fans' hope soon following.

TAC was not one such character.
TAC had no such fans.

First appearing in Kirby Superstar, then Air Ride, and finally Superstar Ultra, it is TAC's main objective in life to steal your **** and ruin your day. Given that Smash is very similar to Superstar[Ultra] and has been gaining more and more elements from Air Ride, it's only fitting that TAC be added as a griefer enemy at some point, especially in Smash Run, which is modeled very closely after City Trial. TAC's role is a cross of his two precious incarnations: He moves and acts like he does in SS, and steals power-ups like he did (off screen) in Air Ride.
God, I barely remember that, but I can't believe I never corrected "precious" to "previous."

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Given the character's popularity it's very eyebrow-raising that Ashley hasn't showed up as an Assist Trophy yet (in any of the streams/trailers or Wario's page).
Yea, both her and Dark Samus are MIA. Like Ridley for the West, Ashley has a lot of popularity in Japan, so her surviving the first wave of Assist trophy death in interesting. And for Dark Samus, Samus lost her Dark Samus color. Hmmmm

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Yea, both her and Dark Samus are MIA. Like Ridley for the West, Ashley has a lot of popularity in Japan, so her surviving the first wave of Assist trophy death in interesting. And for Dark Samus, Samus lost her Dark Samus color. Hmmmm
Nice catch. What the world really needs is 8 player Smash with three Samuses, three Links, and two Marios.
It was also really conspicuous how neither Mimikyu nor Decidueye was a Pokeball Pokemon. One would think at least the former would be.

Gallerian

Smash Apprentice

Ghirahim disconfirmed.
That's not all that surprising to me, but still kind of sucks to see. He definitely had the move s to work as a playable fighter. Though, I do wonder if Legend of Zelda will get any newcomers at all this time around, especially since Ultimate's newcomer pool is going to be smaller than previous installments.

Here's hoping for Impa.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That's not all that surprising to me, but still kind of sucks to see. He definitely had the move s to work as a playable fighter. Though, I do wonder if Legend of Zelda will get any newcomers at all this time around, especially since Ultimate's newcomer pool is going to be smaller than previous installments.

Here's hoping for Impa.
Tingle nor Skull Kid have been confirmed as AT's, so they have a reasonable chance too.

Impa could become an Echo Fighter, though I don't know if she has a similar enough build to Ultimate Sheik.

Gallerian

Smash Apprentice
Tingle nor Skull Kid have been confirmed as AT's, so they have a reasonable chance too.

Impa could become an Echo Fighter, though I don't know if she has a similar enough build to Ultimate Sheik.
I don't expect Tingle to make it as playable, I have a gut feeling he's still going to be an Assist Trophy. Of course, I won't complain if he somehow does make the cut. He is a bit of a dark horse character, especially in Japan.

As for Skull Kid, I think his chances are better since Young Link is confirmed, but at the same time I'm not really keeping my hopes up. Though, if on the off chance he doesn't make it, I'll be satisfied with him as Assist Trophy status. Better to have at least some presence as opposed to none at all.

I figured Impa would be the next Zelda rep if the series does get another newcomer this time around, since she's the most recurring Zelda character that isn't in Smash yet. Not to mention, many mainline Zelda games has her fight. And Hyrule Warriors gives her even more to work from if it happens. But I'll be happy with AT status for her as well. As I said with Skull Kid, it would be at least some form of presence.

Last edited:
Top Bottom