• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress The Graveyard: Disconfirmed Character Thread (Smash Ultimate Edition!)

Is Balloon Fighter Disconfirmed?

• Yes

Votes: 158 51.1%
  • No

Votes: 63 20.4%
  • Unsure

Votes: 88 28.5%

• Total voters

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
So in short, the only sure fire disconfirmations are characters that are Assist Trophies or part of another characters's moveset?
And an interactive element to a stage. More than just background. That said none of this is 'sure fire', just unprecedented.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
How we judge interactive characters will depend on Pyrosphere in Ultimate. If Ridley wasn't revealed at E3, but we got a chance to see Ridley in Pyrosphere, we would've considered him disconfirmed. A few months later, we'd have another Toon Link situation when we saw his reveal. However, if Pyrosphere returns, but Ridley isn't present, then our rule stands.

For now, let's just assume characters like Tingle and Yellow Devil are disconfirmed.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
You know who needs go to be in the graveyard?

Dampe.png

Not because Dampe is disconfirmed but because every graveyard needs a good grave digger. Plus he doesn't like to fight anyways.

Last edited:

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
I say we should consider the fact that even if Pyrosphere return with Ridley still being a hazard, it might not actually break the interactive stage character rule since the Ridley from Other M is actually infact a clone of him developed from the remnants of his DNA, not the actual Ridley.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
so we got some snipperclippers music with a series symbol of its own, could be seen as reading to much into it but it could mean snip and clip are deconfirmed

Mental Surge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GisR FTG
3DS FC
4098-5877-7114
Every western character. There's never been a Western fighter in any Smash game and there probably never will be.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Every western character. There's never been a Western fighter in any Smash game and there probably never will be.
Today in Uncle Guybrush20X6's chopped liver: :ultdiddy:

so we got some snipperclippers music with a series symbol of its own, could be seen as reading to much into it but it could mean snip and clip are deconfirmed
And it also debunks a Snipperclips stage as well sadly enough.

Mental Surge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GisR FTG
3DS FC
4098-5877-7114
..... a side character from an Eastern franchise that makes up something like 1/65th of the roster.

The point I am making though is that not a single Western franchise has a fighter in any smash game.

I also wasnt even aware that Diddy was considered a western character (this is the first I have ever heard of it) but for the sake of this conversation I will take your word for it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
For the record, Nintendo has a few western studios under it's banner including Retro (Metroid Prime, DKCR) and NextLevelGames (Mario Strikers, Modern Punch-Out). Rare was the biggest example before Microsoft bought them but they're responsible for the entire DK series between DK 94 and Donkey Konga including the redesigns (though the tie itself was Myamoto's idea) and they're also the creators of Krystal and if they get in as a 3rd party, Banjo Kazooie.

Mental Surge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GisR FTG
3DS FC
4098-5877-7114
Interesting. Still does not change what I said though. Even the 'western' characters are from originally Eastern franchises. Krystal and Banjoo Kazooie I seriously doubt will even be in the game as fighters. BK in particular considering DH is in the game (for some reason).

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Interesting. Still does not change what I said though. Even the 'western' characters are from originally Eastern franchises. Krystal and Banjoo Kazooie I seriously doubt will even be in the game as fighters. BK in particular considering DH is in the game (for some reason).
That makes no sense. The only things they have in common are debuting on Nintendo console and being a duo where one is a mammal and the other is a bird. That's like saying Marth shouldn't be in because they've already got a guy with a sword or Mega Man should't be in because we already have a character with an arm cannon.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
And it also debunks a Snipperclips stage as well sadly enough.
It's not looking good for Snip and Clip, but it's not an official disconfirmation of the duo until we see them in the game as a stage hazard, trophy, or AT.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Hmmm

You know this may bring points for shadow, dark Samus, Ashley, Isabella

Why would sakurai go out of his we deconfirming characters like

Waluigi
Bomberman
Kystal
Minda
Takamaru
Lyn

Already

And shadow isn't his assist trophy ability no different to the stopwatch (timer) item

https://www.ssbwiki.com/Timer

And it was spotted in ultimate

Drawcia

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm

You know this may bring points for shadow, dark Samus, Ashley, Isabella

Why would sakurai go out of his we deconfirming characters like

Waluigi
Bomberman
Kystal
Minda
Takamaru
Lyn

Already

And shadow isn't his assist trophy ability no different to the stopwatch (timer) item

https://www.ssbwiki.com/Timer

And it was spotted in ultimate
That doesn’t necessarily mean anything. Isaac’s assist trophy was taken out of Smash 4, and he wasn’t a playable character.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That doesn’t necessarily mean anything. Isaac’s assist trophy was taken out of Smash 4, and he wasn’t a playable character.
Nor did a similar item appear. While there's tangible similarities to Kyogre and Gust Bellows, they're significantly more powerful too.

So it could be because that version of Isaac is no longer relevant(Dark Dawn was more relevant) enough to stay as an AT.

Honestly, these reasons don't really mean anything. Now if the Timer was 100% like Shadow, that'd be different. But it's not.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Since I had some free time, I organized the characters by series. Now it'll be easier for you to sort through them.

Super Mario
  • Waluigi - AT
  • Toad - Role in Peach's Moveset
  • Hammer Bro - AT
  • Giga Bowser - Role in Bowser's Final Smash
  • Banzai Bill - Hazard on Princess Peach's Castle
  • Bullet Bill - Item
The Legend of Zelda
  • Midna - AT
  • Ghirahim - AT
  • Demon King Ganon - Role in Ganondorf's Final Smash
  • Tingle - Role on Great Bay
Metroid
  • Metroid - AT
  • Parasite Queen - Hazard on Frigate Orpheaigon
  • Mother Brain - AT
Kirby
  • Knuckle Joe - AT
  • Bomber - Item
  • Whispy Woods - Role on Green Greens
Star Fox
  • Krystal - AT
  • Andross - AT
Pokemon
  • Bewear - Pokeball
  • Solgaleo - Pokeball
  • Lunala - Pokeball
  • Darkrai - Pokeball
  • Alolan Vulpix - Pokeball
  • Alolan Raichu - Pokeball
  • Abra - Pokeball
  • Eevee - Pokeball
  • Meowth - Pokeball
  • Entei - Pokeball
  • Venusaur - Hazard on Saffron City
  • Electrode - Hazard on Saffron City, Pokeball
  • Charmander - Hazard on Saffron City
  • Chansey - Hazard on Saffron City
  • Porygon - Hazard on Saffron City
  • Kyogre - Pokeball
  • Scizor - Pokeball
  • Giratina - Pokeball
  • Chespin - Pokeball
  • Palkia - Pokeball
  • Xerneas - Pokeball
  • Mega Mewtwo Y - Role in Mewtwo's Final Smash
  • Deoxys - Pokeball
  • Abomasnow - Pokeball
  • Togedemaru - Pokeball
  • Suicune - Pokeball
  • Latias and Latios - Pokeball
  • Metagross - Pokeball
  • Snorlax - Pokeball
  • Stayu - Pokeball
  • Mew - Pokeball
  • Zoroark - Pokeball
  • Belossum - Pokeball
F-Zero
  • Samurai Goroh - AT
EarthBound
  • Paula - Appearance in Ness's Final Smash
  • Poo - Appearance in Ness's Final Smash
  • Jeff - AT
  • Kumatora - Appearance in Lucas's Final Smash
  • Boney - Appearance in Lucas's Final Smash
  • Ultimate Chimera - Hazard on New Pork City
  • Starman - AT
  • Ramblin' Evil Mushroom - Unknown
Ice Climbers
  • Polar Bear - Role in Ice Climbers's Final Smash
Fire Emblem
  • Lyn - AT
WarioWare
  • Wario Man - Role in Wario's Final Smash
Pikmin
  • Burrowing Snagger - AT
Animal Crossing
  • Tom Nook - Appearance in Villager's Final Smash
  • Timmy and Tommy - Appearance in Villager's Final Smash
Punch-Out!!
  • Giga Mac - Role in Little Mac's Final Smash
Xenoblade Chronicles
  • Riki - AT, Appearance in Shulk's Final Smash
  • Dunban - Appearance in Shulk's Final Smash
  • Fiora - Appearance in Shulk's Final Smash
Splatoon
  • Callie And Marie - AT
Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Knuckles - AT
Mega Man
  • Megaman X - Appearance in Mega Man's Final Smash
  • Megaman Star Force - Appearance in Mega Man's Final Smash
  • Megaman Exe - Appearance in Mega Man's Final Smash
  • Megaman Voltnut - Appearance in Mega Man's Final Smash
  • Proto Man - Appearance in Mega Man's Final Smash
  • Bass - Appearance in Mega Man's Final Smash
  • Yellow Devil - Hazard on Wily's Castle
Pac-Man
  • Pac-Man Ghosts - AT
Bayonetta
  • Rodin - AT
Miscellaneous
  • Bomberman - Assist Trophy
  • Takamaru - AT
  • Badge Arcade Rabbit - AT
  • Sukapon - AT
  • Color TV Game - AT
  • Nintendogs - AT
  • Starfy - AT
  • Dr. Wright - AT
  • Sheriff - AT
  • Dr. Kiwashima - AT

Xigger

Smash Lord
Ridley is in Smash.

Seriously, why are we still analyzing every word that comes out of this guy's mouth? Sakurai is a fickle man.
Isn't fickle a strong word for someone who's been making the game for 20+ years? The theme of the game changes every iteration, what works for Melee or Smash 64 isn't the same for Brawl or 3DS.

For example, imagine Villager, Toon Link, or Duck Hunt in Melee. The game's realism would have clashed with their character designs.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Isn't fickle a strong word for someone who's been making the game for 20+ years? The theme of the game changes every iteration, what works for Melee or Smash 64 isn't the same for Brawl or 3DS.

For example, imagine Villager, Toon Link, or Duck Hunt in Melee. The game's realism would have clashed with their character designs.
Pretty sure Brawl had a far more realistic look going for it and Toon Link was still there. I don't think the art style really meant much in regards to which characters get excluded.

I think It's just times that change and the way Sakurai approaches newcomers and the way he views certain characters just changes over time. After all, he's only human.

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
Sooo is my boy Alph disconfirmed? He's been shown as an alt with Olimar, but it's not specified what he is. I want to say he's an alt costume again, what do you guys think? Could it be an unannounced echo?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Sooo is my boy Alph disconfirmed? He's been shown as an alt with Olimar, but it's not specified what he is. I want to say he's an alt costume again, what do you guys think? Could it be an unannounced echo?
If they're showing off Alph in Olimar's trailer, then he's likely an alt again just like the Koopalinga are.

However, I don't think this would count as a disconfirmation. If anything, this technically counts as a confirmation. It's just that we didn't get a playable Alph in the way that we wanted.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
So I made a graveyard stage in Smash 4 and its actually a lot of fun. The tombstones actually work really well in the fact that they stop projectiles but you can hit around them with melee attacks. I made a special tombstone for one of the characters on the far left.
HNI_0071.JPG

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
So far, the stream confirmed that K.K Slider still shows up on Smashville, Chain Chomp is still an Assist Trophy, and Lugia is a Poke Ball Pokemon. These characters are now officially disconfirmed.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if that's all the Demo Assist trophies now.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Lugia is a Poke Ball Pokemon
Got a link to this with time stamp? I want to see how my favourite Pokemon looks and especially Aeroblast

Will it be like the Melee Greatness, the Brawl mediocrity or the in between seen in Smash 3DS/WiiU

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So far, the stream confirmed that K.K Slider still shows up on Smashville, Chain Chomp is still an Assist Trophy, and Lugia is a Poke Ball Pokemon. These characters are now officially disconfirmed.
Chain Chomp and Lugia are officially disconfirmed, but K.K. Slider is in the same boat as Pauline. It's not looking like he'll be playable, but it's not an official disconfirmation either since he's a background character.

By the way, now that we've seen Chain Chomp, we have a total of 30 known Assist Trophies in Ultimate. Assuming we get no more than 59 ATs, that means there's only 21-29 more Assist Trophies left. We're likely halfway done.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Just for the record, these are all of the Smash 4 assist trophies that have not been shown:

Ashley

Dark Samus

Devil

Dillon

Elec Man

Infantry & Tanks (Advance Wars)

Isabelle

Kat & Ana

Lakitu

Magnus

Nightmare

Phosphora

Sable Prince

Saki Amamiya

Shadow

Skull Kid

Tingle

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Just for the record, these are all of the Smash 4 assist trophies that have not been shown:

Ashley

Dark Samus

Devil

Dillon

Elec Man

Infantry & Tanks (Advance Wars)

Isabelle

Kat & Ana

Lakitu

Magnus

Nightmare

Phosphora

Sable Prince

Saki Amamiya

Shadow

Skull Kid

Tingle
Hmmm... 17 left. So that means at least 3 new ones.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
RIP Waluigi's only chance at being playable...But seriously tho, this is SSB Ultimate. He's still an AT in this, so he may never be playable.

GODDAMMIT SAKURAI!!

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
This place is probably getting an expansion August 8th... I hope I don't have to list any popular characters.

Also Chandeelure Chandeelure , can you make the new gaveyard image? You can wait until after the Direct, but I want the thread to have it, still using the Smash 4 one looks silly (Sorry if I sound bossy).

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
This place is probably getting an expansion August 8th... I hope I don't have to list any popular characters.

Also Chandeelure Chandeelure , can you make the new gaveyard image? You can wait until after the Direct, but I want the thread to have it, still using the Smash 4 one looks silly (Sorry if I sound bossy).
Sure, I will try to make it!

Top Bottom