• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The goodness combo - A lock/0-death on rob (+VIDEO TUTORIAL !!=D)- and more (+ video)

mlorenzo

Smash Journeyman
i tested the first hit nair and and the footstool and it works in most characters, except Fox and Sheik. They cann't be combo with nair and the footstool.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I've got those clips you sent me captured. Not working on a gif yet, but I did a quick upscaling so they should be out on YouTube in glorious HD in about an hour (it's queued after the current Falcon Favor vids), unless of course I've screwed something up (kinda tired and stuff, long day). I might be asleep by then, so check my YouTube channel if I don't post links here soon.

It's uh
http://www.youtube.com/user/Wogrim
Thanks, man.
It really needed to be uploaded in higher quality, so thanks man. I really appreciate it.

Also, I cant wait for the gif showing (a part of) the infinite on rob. (but there's no hurry, offcourse:)).

Mit

Smash Ace
So, "this actually works on most characters", is this true though? Is it really inescapable, and can it be repeated on everyone? If so, that'd significantly change up Falcon's game, but didn't I read something earlier in this thread stating there was specific reasoning why it only really worked on ROB? Perhaps that was just the infinite part of it.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
I doubt it works on everyone. I'd expect at least some of the characters can DI down and no longer be in the air at the point where you footstool them (so they wouldn't do the whole untechable bounce thing).

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
I know I'm a little late to this thread but have we already tested this on any other characters yet?

Zeallyx

I know I'm a little late to this thread but have we already tested this on any other characters yet?
Kinda. but frame data+testing it frame bt frame is needed to see/confirm this may or may not work on other characters.
(On rob the goodness combo and fhanfhus loop are confirmed to work:)).

Zeallyx

fhanfhus loop?

say wat

im digging the name though
Fhanfhus loop is how I named falcons way to 0-death rob :)

Reasoning:
Fhanfhus = First Hit Nair-->FootStool = FHN-->FS = FHNFS = (to make it more 'pronounceable') fhanfhus.
And as it is repeated throughout the whole process, it is 'looped'.

So after I though all this through, I named falcons way used to 0-death rob, the fhanfhus loop.:)

It sounds weird, but I guess it recuires some getting used to, as I like the name now. It seems to fit what it represents, and it isnt the first weird sounding smash term :pimp:

Player-3

Smash Hero
Fhanfhus loop is how I named falcons way to 0-death rob :)

Reasoning:
Fhanfhus = First Hit Nair-->FootStool = FHN-->FS = FHNFS = (to make it more 'pronounceable') fhanfhus.
And as it is repeated throughout the whole process, it is 'looped'.

So after I though all this through, I named falcons way used to 0-death rob, the fhanfhus loop.:)

It sounds weird, but I guess it recuires some getting used to, as I like the name now. It seems to fit what it represents, and it isnt the first weird sounding smash term :pimp:
i assumed it was something like that

its still a sexy name

Zeallyx

You really want it called the fhanfhus loop?
Suggestions about another name are always welcome, offcourse.
But I somehow like the name fhanfhus loop..while I thought it was silly at first, too.

And the name fhanfhus loop makes sense (due to the reasoning in the post I posted before this one:)).

Does this only work on ROB?
As it stands now, yes.
But that may (or may not) change :pimp:

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Suggestions about another name are always welcome, offcourse.
But I somehow like the name fhanfhus loop..while I thought it was silly at first, too.

And the name fhanfhus loop makes sense (due to the reasoning in the post I posted before this one:)).

As it stands now, yes.
But that may (or may not) change :pimp:
Don't fret, guys! There's an inner meaning for this title to gain.

fhanfhus
FhanFhus
Fan Fuss
= Fans of whomever you do it to will make a Fuss! lawl

Ree301

Smash Apprentice
if this is possible to execute on many more characters you should think about calling it the Tier Jerker combo lol. im sure you get the double meaning. it's funny because it's so lame and clever at the same time.

Zeallyx

I need exact spelling and capitalization to do the gif. "The Fhanfhus Loop"?
Alright:), and yes, it is spelled:

The Fhanfhus loop (like you spelled it, and with the capitalization you used, too).

=D

I recommend Fan Fuzz, the Z's complete it ;)
I agree the 'Z's' are a nice touch, but I like the name 'The Fhanfhus loop' as it sums up the whole infinite quite nicely (Fhanfhus =First Hit Nair FootStool).

And one can end the fhanfhus loop with a sweet knee (replace a First hit Nair after a footstool with a sweet knee) to turn the fhanfhus loop (+sweet knee ender) into a 0-death:)

:pimp:

Mit

Smash Ace
Does anyone really use the goofy names people come up with for our small combos? O_o

I call this "the infinite nair to footstool loop on ROB", so people actually have a clue what the hell I'm talking about.

Zeallyx

Wogrim, thank you soo much for another awesome .gif =D

Also, So SHFFL is ok, but FHNFS isnt..

Its the same concept..and yes people use it.

Player-3

Smash Hero
no theyre actually right

falcon has like a 10% chance to get close to rob

even then, being able to do an EMPTY SHORT HOP just to FHN a rob is going to be pretty **** hard

considering they can shield

or jab
or utilt im guessing if falcon doesnt space

Top Bottom