• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
OK, Witch Trial V is on a whole other level. 0.o It's going to take me quite a while to get these enemies patterns down. I'll keep trying.
I personally recommend using the Chain Chomp. Its combo finisher is pretty devastating. Though if you do use it I also recommend equipping the Bracelet of Time. But for Witch Trials V, wait until AFTER the first fight, since you won't have any magic and you're fighting enemies that basically require Witch Time to beat them, so you'll want your normal dodging capabilities.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
I personally recommend using the Chain Chomp. Its combo finisher is pretty devastating. Though if you do use it I also recommend equipping the Bracelet of Time. But for Witch Trials V, wait until AFTER the first fight, since you won't have any magic and you're fighting enemies that basically require Witch Time to beat them, so you'll want your normal dodging capabilities.
Alright, noted.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
All this talk about who has more Sass Zelda vs Bayonetta..... Meanwhile I'm staring at link

Look at that pretty Mother ******.........

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Bayonetta's gotta be the Queen of sass.
nothing wrong with that tho.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I highly recommend you guys try the Evil Harvest Rosary in 2. Racks up damage and crowd controls really nicely, even works during no Witch Time challenges (and with Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa you can still trigger Witch Time). Then when you run into a humanoid rival, Bracelet Of Time.

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897

This is so good omg

Please Umbra Clock Tower be legal everywhere.
Easily one of my favorite songs from the first game, grouped with Friendship and Advent of the Angels II

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Got the Bracelet of Time. now time to find the rest of those Witch Hearts and Pearls.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
All this talk about who has more Sass Zelda vs Bayonetta..... Meanwhile I'm staring at link

Look at that pretty Mother ******.........
Speaking of Link... I find him one of the most Annoying Characters in the game to play against.

C3CC

Smash Lord
God Bayonetta is up there with Ness, Female Robin and both Wii Fit Trainers in the most annoying screams. It's unbearable.

FightingPolygon

Smash Cadet
NNID
MasterGames1975
3DS FC
1246-8764-0707
You here for business, or pleasure? Either way, I'll hook you up.

Hey, check this out. Whadya buyin'?! Heard that in a game once.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
2 MORE DAYS, Y'ALL.

In just two more days, we'll be able to hop on For Glory and have literal dance-offs with each other.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
For America, it's the 3rd.
So 2 for us. Technically.

Though I think it will be late so it might as well be 3 days.
I bet Nintendo is well prepared this time and the servers are totally not gonna crash and burn like every single time in the past.
I think we can consider us lucky if everything already works well on the 4th.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
If I remember correctly, bayo/corrin will be available on the afternoon of the 3rd.
Should be anywhere between 7-10 pm for Ameribros since it's 4 am for me and time zones jadajadajada.
Don't bank on ever getting in within the first couple of hours though, you know Nintendos servers and you know Smash hype.

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
God Bayonetta is up there with Ness, Female Robin and both Wii Fit Trainers in the most annoying screams. It's unbearable.
Wii Fit Trainers shouldn't be getting hit in the first place due to our playstyle, so we deserve the punishment (Male WFT's "NOOOOOOOOOOOooooorgh..." is great though lol).
I believe that when my Waifunetta arrives, I'll try to play her in similar evasive style, so the scream should be less pronounced than say, Fox's "YOW!"

Ness though. That character is annoying enough as it is, so his over reactions to getting hit make me want to use multiple Witch Time up smashes in a row.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Does the rosary still give atrocious combo score in 2?
It can hurt your combo score if overused but it's not that severe. Besides, as I said you can still parry for combos and Witch Time (getting it through evasion pretty much only earns you one hit anyway).

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Just realised that TIME TO GO BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM is in the track list.
I'm happy now.

BaPTraPLaP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaPTraPLaP
Just 3 more days! (I'm counting today as it is not over :awesome:) But I won't be able to play her until after work (might just have to call off ha!) By the way hello everybody sort of new to the Bayonetta boards. Figured I'd say hi since I decided to pick her up.

Rynozilla

Doesn't Need Anyone
NNID
Midori-Ryno
3DS FC
4871-3209-8796
Welp. It's time. To get into the spirit of things, I'm gonna beat the last Witch Trials. I STAKE MY HONOR AS AN UMBRA!!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Good luck! They're quite difficult; can't remember if I used Rosa or Bayonetta with the twin swords and whip, but I know that I built up magic in the first two rounds (after getting used to the enemy's attacks), and switched to Bracelet of Time and Evil Harvest Rosary afterwards.

If it was Rosa, I used her Punch-Kick-Punch combo to quickly build up magic; I either used her in Witch Trials or against Rodin.

Last edited:

Rynozilla

Doesn't Need Anyone
NNID
Midori-Ryno
3DS FC
4871-3209-8796
If it was Rosa, I used her Punch-Kick-Punch combo to quickly build up magic; I either used her in Witch Trials or against Rodin.
I actually was able to beat Rodin with Rosa, so I'll try her in the Witch Trials (as masochistic as that sounds)
If my multiple attempts fail, I'll just go to Bayo.

Greda

Smash Journeyman
Welcome back, guys. Now we can continue discussing our favorite witch.

I'm watching the videos again and the people who are playing Bayonetta on all three seem like this is the first time playing the character. To be honest, it probably was. Maybe some had practice beforehand.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I've been watching the Bayo v. Corrin match every night before I go to sleep since it was released.

kelP me

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I can't even do that, it hurts me knowing others are playing her and I'm not.
There's only like 40 hours left until her release!
Hold on, gorl!

But seriously, going to school on Wednesday is going to be literal torture. :/

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
There's only like 40 hours left until her release!
Hold on, gorl!

But seriously, going to school on Wednesday is going to be literal torture. :/
My school has a system where we only go to our 2nd, 4th, and 6th periods on Wednesdays, and I set it up to where Smash Bros is playing during 2nd.

Needless to say, I won't have nearly as much fun playing knowing that Bayonetta is so close, yet so far.

Top Bottom