• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044

Not even optimized... they could of done so much more. Also that combo does 29%

Maybe up air > up b > up b > up air. Then throw platforms into the mix.
She needs to jump inbetween the up b's right?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

Not even optimized... they could of done so much more. Also that combo does 29%

Maybe up air > up b > up b > up air. Then throw platforms into the mix.
Remember that you have to jump before you can do a second Witch Twist.

Edit::4greninja:'d. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Mr_Kreep3r

Smash Apprentice
She needs to jump inbetween the up b's right?
Remember that you have to jump before you can do a second Witch Twist.

Edit::4greninja:'d. :facepalm:
we should test if the jump is mandatory. Even then up b > upair >Dbl jump up b > upair?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su106_mkHP0&feature=youtu.be&t=1m21s

A friend of mine showed me this. 1m21s. I slowed this down as SLOWLY as possible, and I'm still seeing Bayo rolling out of shield, but going into Bat Within instead of being invulnerable.

I'm not high, right?
Over in WT thread we found this out 4-5 days ago her first frames of dodges trigger bat within

Last edited:

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
Trying to activate witch time online... I don't think this is gonna be a character for FG lol.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044

A friend of mine showed me this. 1m21s. I slowed this down as SLOWLY as possible, and I'm still seeing Bayo rolling out of shield, but going into Bat Within instead of being invulnerable.

I'm not high, right?
thats a neat trait of hers to have. i remember Rolling out of shield and being caught way too many times during the first frames. this is a good sub for it if that's the case.
we should test if the jump is mandatory. Even then up b > upair >Dbl jump up b > upair?
I'm ok with that. i'll have to try all sorts of stuff when i'm accustomed to this character.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Nah but how you going to punish rolls that have built in passive? With lag too... For glory bayo will be the new little mac lol.
If I recall well, I've seen that we can punish the end of the rolls. I need to find were it was.

Edit: Here, her spotdodge is punished at the end, without Bat Within triggered. https://youtu.be/o3PNwEKzYnw?t=33

Last edited:

Greda

Smash Journeyman
I'm not dissapointed in her speed at all, it's about what I expected and I don't think it's bad.

Even if she turns out to be slower than average I don't think it would matter when we have insane movement options with After Burner Kick and Heel Slide.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, jab isn't always the fastest option. I'm thinking of Zelda, for example, whose Dtilt is faster than the jab.

Anyway, the dodges with bat within will probably help her getting away a lot. Especially in some multihits moves.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Honestly, bayo is everything I thought she was going to be: light, can rack up damage nicely, difficulty killing outside of wicked weaves, and meh run speed.

Her moves come out a bit faster than I thought they would, but they are still slower. It looks like after burner kick into the ground will be a nice way to set up combos, but we shall see. It is going to take a good while before we will see how far she can be pushed when optimized.

Mr_Kreep3r

Smash Apprentice
If you hold A jab becomes fox lasers... Fox lasers is frame 11 and has a ton of end lag... and up tilt looks like a get off me and maybe down tilt.

apparently fuz

legendary doesn't fit me.
NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
If you hold A jab becomes fox lasers... Fox lasers is frame 11 and has a ton of end lag... and up tilt looks like a get off me and maybe down tilt.
I could imagine aerial approaches with bullet n-air (unless holding down the A button were to impact the endlag of an aerial). Pressure like that could potentially force an approach against other characters.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
If the first few frames where she would be vulnerable during dodges trigger Bat Within, I'm assuming the mechanic is there to feel similar to the games without being stupidly overpowered (triggering Witch Time). I'm guessing her standard dodges have bad frame data to encourage users to dodge with Bat Within, and at the same time dodging with Bat Within would reward you by letting you punish a lot of things.

Mr_Kreep3r

Smash Apprentice
I found yet another non optimized roof combo.

If they had landed a downward ABK into up B then up air it would of killed at 40%

Edit: Also she has better damage output than Sheik for sure.

Last edited:

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Can we just take a moment to address that awesome "Tomorrow is Mine" mix for the stage. I'm a sucker for saxophones and this is just....ooagg!

apparently fuz

legendary doesn't fit me.
NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
that was farther from the blast zone that combo you would be in the blast zone from up b. Downward ABK brings you pretty high up then witch twist brings them even higher.
Do you have any footage of downward ABK?
It was at 99% but that was on the bayo stage and we don't know the blast zones on that stage yet.
And yeah, that's true. On other stages (T&C even), that probably would have killed off the top.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
Aside from that horrific scream when she's launched, I cannot wait to play as Bayo. Since I'll never be able to afford a WIIU to get her games, this will be the closest I may ever get to playing as her, and I plan on training quite a bit to make the best use of her combo attacks.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Someone should make a video thread so I can sticky it. I could do it myself... but I probably won't have the time to manage it.
I took it upon myself to do it. I know I already "own" this thread, but I am very passionate about Bayonetta, so I have no problem with managing another. Heheh.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Aside from that horrific scream when she's launched, I cannot wait to play as Bayo. Since I'll never be able to afford a WIIU to get her games, this will be the closest I may ever get to playing as her, and I plan on training quite a bit to make the best use of her combo attacks.
I just can't play the game cause my parents might have a fit lol. I wish I could though they look so relaxing (beating the ever living **** out of things).

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I haven't looked, but I'm kind of surprised there aren't any images of Bayonetta and Ryu together doing their Tatsumaki; Bayonetta's Nair looks like a Tatsumaki and Ryu, well... TATSUMAKI SENPUKYAKU! :p

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I haven't looked, but I'm kind of surprised there aren't any images of Bayonetta and Ryu together doing their Tatsumaki; Bayonetta's Nair looks like a Tatsumaki and Ryu, well... TATSUMAKI SENPUKYAKU! :p
There was actually a short clip of that during Bayonetta's moveset breakdown in the Smash Broadcast. Here, look~

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
There was actually a short clip of that during Bayonetta's moveset breakdown in the Smash Broadcast. Here, look~
Oh, I meant as an image... Maybe her classic or All-Stars image will have it... Also, Ryu getting splattered with bullets while she demonstrates her Tatsumaki. :laugh:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Oh, I meant as an image... Maybe her classic or All-Stars image will have it... Also, Ryu getting splattered with bullets while she demonstrates her Tatsumaki. :laugh:
Ohhhh, I get you now. I dunno, I feel like a gif makes it look cooler~

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace

I'm not high, right?
Am I the only one who saw this and instead thought it may have been a B-reversed witch time? Cuz having her roll being able to cancel into bat within, even at specific frames, seems kinda broken.

Top Bottom