• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Am I the only one who saw this and instead thought it may have been a B-reversed witch time? Cuz having her roll being able to cancel into bat within, even at specific frames, seems kinda broken.
From what I gathered from her reveal Sakurai implied that Bat Within would automatically activate when a dodge failed. So I would assume that it means if you get hit when not in invisibility frames but I'm probably reading to far into it.

Alhobbies440

Smash Apprentice
Everyone keeps talking about kill power, but if this was on smashville/town and city...

I think Marth was dead with like 5 more %.
Let's keep in mind that she had no rage on a stage that appears to have a high ceiling. Imagine if this was DL/T&C. Those stages are going to be her go to counter picks.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I hope she has a special victory quote whenever she wins a battle against the Pits or Palutena -w-

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
I hope she has a special victory quote whenever she wins a battle against the Pits or Palutena -w-
Most likely the quote she says to Palutena at the end of her reveal trailer "Don't mess with a Witch Goddess". Somewhere in the trailer she says it, but I wouldn't mind something more sassy I mean it is Bayonetta we're talking about.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I want to make my anger public about "Fly me to the Moon" not being in the game, which is one of my favourite songs thanks to both Bayo and NGE.
I very well understand why it's not in, but I'm still sad about it.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Is it just me or are her screams REALLY annoying?
Gonna take a while to get used to... so like 30 mins. :p

I think the best treatment is to watch a 8 player, Bayonetta only match on a small stage with like 10 stocks.

Last edited:

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
I want to make my anger public about "Fly me to the Moon" not being in the game, which is one of my favourite songs thanks to both Bayo and NGE.
I very well understand why it's not in, but I'm still sad about it.
I felt the same way when One Winged Angel wasn't in the Midgar stage for Cloud, But in the end it all comes down to legal matters and copyright claims as I'm sure both songs were considered to be added. Sakurai probably had to exclude them to avoid any issue's with the composers of One Winged Angel and Fly me to the Moon...

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Finally beat Witch Trial IV! It took me a while to get the last part (won't mention who) down with the ever so subtle and quick visual cues. My goal is to beat Witch Trial V before Bayonetta comes out in Smash. I've been using her default guns and the bow (Kafka) as a secondary weapon set (still have the guns on her feet).

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
At least her screech is better than F!Wii Fit's.

Wii Fit's scream sounds like a dying horse.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Finally beat Witch Trial IV! It took me a while to get the last part (won't mention who) down with the ever so subtle and quick visual cues. My goal is to beat Witch Trial V before Bayonetta comes out in Smash. I've been using her default guns and the bow as a secondary weapon set (still have the guns on her feet).
That's impressive! I gave up on the witch trials after I just couldn't go further than halfway in Witch Trial IV.
Tho my health is tiny (1 bar + 1 bit) so maybe that's why but I ain't bothered to visit the musphelheims I couldn't do/find on my first play through.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I'm stuck on Witch Trial V and I doubt I'll get it done by Wednesday but damn it I'm gonna try >:D

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
AeroLink_the_SoulMaster AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

I made your avatar transparent for you. We can't have the moderator of the 2nd sassiest character in the game's boards looking tacky. <3
aerolink.png

I can edit it/resize it, if you want

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
AeroLink_the_SoulMaster AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

I made your avatar transparent for you. We can't have the moderator of the 2nd sassiest character in the game's boards looking tacky. <3

I can edit it/resize it, if you want
You know, I didn't think about it before, but once Bayonetta is released, people are gone flock to these boards like moths to a flame.

Poor AeroLink is gonna have their work cut out for them, being the only mod of this board.

Although I guess the global mods could help.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
How is Zelda Sassy? Lol
  • sassiest walk animation in the game
  • dtaunt is the sassiest (and best) taunt in the game
  • backwards jump animation is sass incarnate
  • constantly making sassy/angry faces
  • brawl utilt was a kill move where you waved goodbye to your opponent as he/she died
et cetera

Zelda is sassT

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Huh.... I never really payed much attention to Zelda's Sass. That's for pointing it out for me guys.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
  • sassiest walk animation in the game
  • dtaunt is the sassiest (and best) taunt in the game
  • backwards jump animation is sass incarnate
  • constantly making sassy/angry faces
  • brawl utilt was a kill move where you waved goodbye to your opponent as he/she died
et cetera

Zelda is sassT
Half of those now belong to Bayo lol

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Can't Zelda and Bayo just be the sass gurls together? :awesome:

+ They are the sexy nude-back magic girls. They have things in common. It's a better match than Bayo and Zero Skill Spamus.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
ZSS is a trash waifu. At least she's better than Mopcina.

Bayo for most attractive woman in Smash.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su106_mkHP0&feature=youtu.be&t=1m21s

A friend of mine showed me this. 1m21s. I slowed this down as SLOWLY as possible, and I'm still seeing Bayo rolling out of shield, but going into Bat Within instead of being invulnerable.

I'm not high, right?
She might've just down-b'd really fast? Or maybe Bayo has a thing where if her roll gets stuffed in the first few frames, it bat withins.

Edit: Answer to that was on the next page.

Last edited:

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
I was catching up on the thread, and while I can't add any technical details and I'm not a competitive player, it's honestly very fun and interesting to read all the discussion about frame data, combos, etc.

Top Bottom