• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I keep watching the :4bayonetta:vs :4corrin:match and I feel like Bayonetta is going to be in the middle between :rosalina:and :4zss: possibly even :4palutena:I'm not to familiar with ZSS and Palutena in terms of weight. I feel like she's going to be really easy to KO! I feel like she goes flying after she's hit and she was at 80% and she got killed by Corrin's Counter. However, I'm no stranger to lightweights I played Rosalina alot over the summer. So, I'll definitely be maining her. If you guys think I'm wrong about something feel free to correct me. ( I should because I voted for her daily over the summer)

Mothman

Smash Apprentice
I have a bit of a hunch that while even if she gets pretty good, that maybe not everyone will want to main her because of her strong personality etc and they might just stick with the zss and sheik? idk I'm sure all the gays (like me) are gonna main her tho

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I have a bit of a hunch that while even if she gets pretty good, that maybe not everyone will want to main her because of her strong personality etc and they might just stick with the zss and sheik? idk I'm sure all the gays (like me) are gonna main her tho
I think Peach and Bae in particular have something that attracts us gays. Peach has booty for days, and Bae is just fierce as hell.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Make room for the best character inclusion in two days.

:4bayonetta::4bayonetta::4bayonetta::4bayonetta::4bayonetta::4bayonetta::4bayonetta:
It feels like just yesterday, we were just coming out of the Smash Broadcast in December, blinded by pure hype.

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
I'm really hoping that Witch Time will still have that same exhilarating and rewarding feeling when activated like it did in her source games. There is nothing quite like activating a well timed Witch Time.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
I kinda hope she has a relatively steep learning curve to her, if only so that people dont jump all over her and everyone ends up with a pocket bayonetta, kinda like what happened with cloud.

David Viran

Smash Lord
I keep watching the :4bayonetta:vs :4corrin:match and I feel like Bayonetta is going to be in the middle between :rosalina:and :4zss: possibly even :4palutena:I'm not to familiar with ZSS and Palutena in terms of weight. I feel like she's going to be really easy to KO! I feel like she goes flying after she's hit and she was at 80% and she got killed by Corrin's Counter. However, I'm no stranger to lightweights I played Rosalina alot over the summer. So, I'll definitely be maining her. If you guys think I'm wrong about something feel free to correct me. ( I should because I voted for her daily over the summer)
I tend to think she will be around zss's weight. Also corrin countered her fsmash and counters usually use the moves kb that was countered. Her fsmash seems to have a lot of kb and the counter sent her almost completely vertical so it's not really a good judge of her weight.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
I kinda hope she has a relatively steep learning curve to her, if only so that people dont jump all over her and everyone ends up with a pocket bayonetta, kinda like what happened with cloud.
worth it.
Ryu was one thing,this is another.
She's
Freaking
Worth It.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
lol for real tho, when I saw that down smash demon heel in her intro I was slayyeeeedddddd that moment alone made me wana main her
Heel Stomp is sickening, but I think it's her dancing that really gets me. I'm being Bae for Halloween this year, and my first order of business is to learn all her taunts.

Funny you said that, mine is Kunishima Michiru, who looks almost identical.

I mean, seriously.

:196:
Whoa, the resemblance is uncanny! Also, I love how you include the best Pokemon ever in every post you make. <3

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
She's definitely gonna have a steep learning curve. There's no way someone can just pick up and play Bayonetta. She takes time to learn.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Heel Stomp is sickening, but I think it's her dancing that really gets me. I'm being Bae for Halloween this year, and my first order of business is to learn all her taunts.

Whoa, the resemblance is uncanny! Also, I love how you include the best Pokemon ever in every post you make. <3
You and I hold some similarities, including the japanese text in our usernames

Mr_Kreep3r

Smash Apprentice
I remember Sakurai saying something like he wanted players to learn the KB of each of her moves at w/e percents to fully understand the character and how to make combos. (Don't remember where)

Mr_Kreep3r

Smash Apprentice
Lol Thanks!

Also something weird thing that I've seen is grounded Twist and Aerial Twist has different KB or maybe its Twist 1 and 2 with different KB. Grounded/First sent them left or right Aerial/second one sent them no where. Just found that odd.

Edit: Anyone find out if the bullet/fire trails have lingering hitboxes in her original games?

Last edited:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think Peach and Bae in particular have something that attracts us gays. Peach has booty for days, and Bae is just fierce as hell.
I'm bi and I just find Peach cute while Bae is just crazy awesome. I'm a bit of an Amazon Chaser.

It's pretty clear that Smash fundamentals alone won't get you far with Bayonetta, more so than with Ryu anyway. You really need to play her like you would in her game, using bullet arts to chip at distant opponents until they close in, then dodge and counter with Witch Time to lay down the hurt. At least I feel that's what he modus operandi will be.

Well, it IS a pistol whip with a gun made out of alloy that the devil would kill for... because of this I think most of her "punch" moves will actually be small disjoints.
What exactly ARE Smash fundamentals because that's such a weird thing when Bowser's fundamentals are straight up FG fundamentals.

Mr_Kreep3r

Smash Apprentice
Nairo just said on stream after playing Bayo he feels she will be high tier over time and her meta develops. Also he said the sheik matchup is really bad for her atm only time will tell.

So prepare for waves of people trying out Bayonetta and complaining she's too hard to play.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I like this guy.
I like Espeon and Leafeon personally.
Favorites are hard to choose with me.
The feeling is mutual. :3 Espeon has been and always will be my favorite!

You and I hold some similarities, including the japanese text in our usernames
I'd say we're two of a (very awesome) kind. ;)

I'm bi and I just find Peach cute while Bae is just crazy awesome. I'm a bit of an Amazon Chaser.
It's a shame that Palu lost a lot of her sass in the transition from Uprising to Smash because that's why I really love her. Her side taunt almost makes up for it, though. I've enjoyed Peach since SMB2 (preferred Toad), but her "Ohh, did I wiiin?" from Melee is what truly won me over. Bae is just smart, confident, and sexy as hell. <3

Greda

Smash Journeyman
Nairo just said on stream after playing Bayo he feels she will be high tier over time and her meta develops. Also he said the sheik matchup is really bad for her atm only time will tell.

So prepare for waves of people trying out Bayonetta and complaining she's too hard to play.
Isn't it a bit too early for this? No, REALLY early?

Are they different matches?
Yup.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
From my experience, it seems that our kind (Is that a bad way to put it...?) tend to have this special connection to female characters that most straight guys don't fully understand.

Especially if they kick a lot of ass.

Mr_Kreep3r

Smash Apprentice
Isn't it a bit too early for this? No, REALLY early?
Yeah it's early that's why he said overtime once she devolopes we shall see. He got to test dlc with some of japans top players so his opnions hold some value.

And typically top player opnions effect how many players try a character.

Kinda like how metaknight was left in the dark until Leo did things with him and top players acknowledged the character.

All in all though doesn't matter to most of us who will stick with her all the way down to zelda tier(A.K.A sass tier). (Kinda just a heads up to expect more people poking around the bayonetta threads now. )

Last edited:

Greda

Smash Journeyman
Yeah it's early that's why he said overtime once she devolopes we shall see. He got to test dlc with some of japans top players so his opnions hold some value.

And typically top player opnions effect how many players try a character.

Kinda like how metaknight was left in the dark until Leo did things with him and top players acknowledged the character.

All in all though doesn't matter to most of us who will stick with her all the way down to zelda tier(A.K.A sass tier). (Kinda just a heads up to expect more people poking around the bayonetta threads now. )
I still feel like it's too early. It hardly matters in my opinion if he played with Japans top players. This is how I imagine how it went. He tried Bayonetta vs Sheik. He has no idea how to Bayonetta. Sheik wins. He thinks its a bad matchup.

Actually I feel like him playing against top players makes his words less credible because he's playing a brand new character he doesn't know how to play as against top players. The Sheiks are going to beat him easily.

This makes more sense since he said that Bayonetta was hard to play as. You can actually tell that the person in NicoNico were struggling to play as her too.

Edit: It sounds like I'm ranting/upset but I'm really not. Oops.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I still feel like it's too early. It hardly matters in my opinion if he played with Japans top players. This is how I imagine how it went. He tried Bayonetta vs Sheik. He has no idea how to Bayonetta. Sheik wins. He thinks its a bad matchup.

Actually I feel like him playing against top players makes his words less credible because he's playing a brand new character he doesn't know how to play as against top players. The Sheiks are going to beat him easily.

This makes more sense since he said that Bayonetta was hard to play as. You can actually tell that the person in NicoNico were struggling to play as her too.
It's never too early for a first impression, especially not if people asked for it.
You sound kinda insecure because someone called your to-be main ****ty against a top tier character.
Chill.

Last edited:

Greda

Smash Journeyman
It's never too early for a first impression, especially not if people asked for it.
You sound kinda insecure because someone called your to-be main ****ty against a top tier character.
Chill.
Yeah, I could totally understand that I sounded that way, it wasn't really the tone I wanted to give off, but **** happens. I'm not angry or upset, it's just that stuff like this reminds me of the days where people were making tier lists before the game actually came out. Those annoyed me, to be honest.

Last edited:

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Yeah, I could totally understand that I sounded that way, it wasn't really the tone I wanted to give off, but **** happens. I'm not angry or upset, it's just that stuff like this reminds me of the days where people were making tier lists before the game actually came out. Those annoyed me, to be honest.
I know how you feel. Remember in the early 3DS days, when people were saying bowser was "like totes top tier yo?"

Yeah, so much for that.

Greda

Smash Journeyman
I know how you feel. Remember in the early 3DS days, when people were saying bowser was "like totes top tier yo?"

Yeah, so much for that.
It's really funny thinking back on it. I remember the whole Bowser hype especially when people saw his buffs before the game released. Remember when everyone thought Shulk would be top tier because of his range?

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
It's really funny thinking back on it. I remember the whole Bowser hype especially when people saw his buffs before the game released. Remember when everyone thought Shulk would be top tier because of his range?
Or Palu because of her uSmash

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
"OMG U GAIZ! SHULK HAS CRAZY RANGE AND A TON OF KILL POWER! And thanks to the monado, he can adapt to any matchup! BROKEN!!"

Greda

Smash Journeyman
guys,,, i got it,,, every character that we think will be top tier will actually be trash tier. bayonetta and corrin K tier confirmed. also, ZSS and Sheik are going to get buffs to let them 0 to death opponents now. i know this because my uncle owns nintendo of america.

Top Bottom