• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
guys,,, i got it,,, every character that we think will be top tier will actually be trash tier. bayonetta and corrin K tier confirmed. also, ZSS and Sheik are going to get buffs to let them 0 to death opponents now. i know this because my uncle owns nintendo of america.
Your uncle cant own nintendo of america because my uncle already does.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
guys,,, i got it,,, every character that we think will be top tier will actually be trash tier. bayonetta and corrin K tier confirmed. also, ZSS and Sheik are going to get buffs to let them 0 to death opponents now. i know this because my uncle owns nintendo of america.
Your uncle cant own nintendo of america because my uncle already does.
My uncle IS Nintendo of America and he told me your uncles are fired for leaking vital information

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
From my experience, it seems that our kind (Is that a bad way to put it...?) tend to have this special connection to female characters that most straight guys don't fully understand.

Especially if they kick a lot of ***.
I'm straight, and I like female characters. My former main was Palutena, and I played Kat in PS All-Stars; I would play the female versions of Villager, Robin, and Corrin if I mained them. Bayonetta is also one of my all-time favorite characters. I've played female characters, like Cammy and Juri in SF, Xianghua in Soul Calibur, Peacock in Skullgirls (that game is full of female characters anyway lol), Mu 12 in Blazblue, or any other female character in an anime fighter.

To put simply, I'm just a waifu warrior. lol

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I'm straight, and I like female characters. My former main was Palutena, and I played Kat in PS All-Stars; I would play the female versions of Villager, Robin, and Corrin if I mained them. Bayonetta is also one of my all-time favorite characters. I've played female characters, like Cammy and Juri in SF, Xianghua in Soul Calibur, Peacock in Skullgirls (that game is full of female characters anyway lol), Mu 12 in Blazblue, or any other female character in an anime fighter.

To put simply, I'm just a waifu warrior. lol
You're just thirsty all the time
just like me

Nah but seriously, I rarely enjoy playing as male characters. It's mostly about their design though. I really enjoyed playing as Dante in Devil May Cry for example, or as Leon in Resi 4. I think it's because their design isn't stupidly muscular.
Is it too much to ask for more sleek, well designed male characters instead of body builders that did too much mass training?
I demand more revealing clothes for men as well

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I started a trend of always picking female characters in games because boobs when I was like 14.
Then it evolved into "because badass ladies are awesome" when I became smarter

Bayonetta is the embodiment of both.

Gemzelda_ss

Smash Cadet
NNID
gemzelda_ss
Bayo is confirmed to have a wall cling! And she will be able to double jump after using After Burner Kick! her recovery sounds like its gunna be good!

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Bayo is confirmed to have a wall cling! And she will be able to double jump after using After Burner Kick! her recovery sounds like its gunna be good!
>wall cling
nice
although I don't understand why this bull**** is even in the game.
Give me a stage with a proper wall and you will never touch me again.

Gemzelda_ss

Smash Cadet
NNID
gemzelda_ss
>wall cling
nice
although I don't understand why this bull**** is even in the game.
Give me a stage with a proper wall and you will never touch me again.
Proper walls? Are the walls we have rn not proper. haha
Besides that the only problem i see with bayos recovery is maybe being a bit predictable but luckily we got After Bruner Kick ;)

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
If a character has an option of being either male or female, I just think about what kind of character they are, and decide from there. So I consider Robin make, but Corrin female, etc...

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Oh yeah, I finally got around to beating Bayonetta 2 recently. It was fantastic. I'm also gonna rent Bloody Fate off PSN later today, because my PlayStations should be graced by Bayonetta's greatness too. And, of course, I actually want to watch it.

Then it's Bayonetta in Smash all day tomorrow. I'm quite excited.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Oh yeah, I finally got around to beating Bayonetta 2 recently. It was fantastic. I'm also gonna rent Bloody Fate off PSN later today, because my PlayStations should be graced by Bayonetta's greatness too. And, of course, I actually want to watch it.

Then it's Bayonetta in Smash all day tomorrow. I'm quite excited.
I've heard the anime is mediocre.
Report back when you're done, I might give it a watch.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Pretty much every character takes a little time to learn.
Eh, if I could read my opponents like Ami Mizuno reads her books, I could pick up Ganondorf within an hour or so.
This doesn't apply to ZSS at all though, you have tons of numbers and combos to memorize to play her somewhat efficiently.
I bet Bayo will be more on the ZSS end.

Last edited:

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
I've heard the anime is mediocre.
Report back when you're done, I might give it a watch.
It IS.

Some of the story plays out a bit differently, but that didn't bother me.
My biggest complaints were:
#1. Bayonetta's personality isn't as fun to watch in the move
#2. The fights aren't as epic (especially the final battle).
#3. The characters look a little... off. The faces look a bit weird in certain shots and (i can't believe i as a man would say this) Bayonetta's breast for example look way too big compared to her usual ingame appereance.

#4. Because of #1 and #2 the ingame cut-scenes were more entertaining than the movie.
Bayonetta (the game) doesn't take itself too serious, yet has many huge, epic, over-the-top-moments, and the heroine is just really fun, flashy, and enjoyable. For some reason they put a bigger focus on her being "mysterious" in the movie.

My girlfriend summed it up pretty nicely; "It's like the movie tried to make everything more dark and serious, but Bayonetta was all about being sexy, having fun and kicking a**."

Not a bad movie at all, but yeah, not that great either.

...buuuut i'd still advise you to give it a try. Maybe you'll get more enjoyment from it than most.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You're just thirsty all the time
just like me

Nah but seriously, I rarely enjoy playing as male characters. It's mostly about their design though. I really enjoyed playing as Dante in Devil May Cry for example, or as Leon in Resi 4. I think it's because their design isn't stupidly muscular.
Is it too much to ask for more sleek, well designed male characters instead of body builders that did too much mass training?
I demand more revealing clothes for men as well
Funny enough, I rarely enjoy playing male characters myself UNLESS they're big and muscular (like they have big frames) and/or they have a commanding personality to them. Probably because I'm all three IRL.My lab partners even call me Boss.

Otherwise, I generally gravitate female characters just out of playstyle preference and I find them waifu material in one way or another.

Last edited:

Nairo

Banned via Administration
Isn't it a bit too early for this? No, REALLY early?

Yup.
If you are talking about the sheik vs bayo MU, then no, its only FIRST IMPRESSIONS after doing the MU so it can obviously change/I can be wrong about the MU after playing it some more in the next few days.

Bayos moves aren't like super slow or anything but sheiks comes out faster than and can pressure her just the same as most of the other characters. Trying to dodge stuff like sheiks fair immediately can result in bat within, which is pretty is good but if activated as you are landing you have air dodge lag and sheik can continue hitting her (so basically a little bit of % + grabbed again before Bayo can do anything). Witch time is so good though so that can be a game changer/good momentum shift for Bayo. I just avoided getting hit by it in the matches I played I guess. But like I said before it was first impressions, not the final call on the MU or anything. I was the sheik as well btw and wouldn't you think going a new character vs a current character would also make the one using the current character(sheik in this case) have no idea on what to do/expect vs the new character? That can also be a factor as well and not only the whole Bayo is new so anything that looks like it can POSSIBLY be a bad thing for Bayo isn't a bad thing because shes new reasoning. I'm definitely going to use her/lab her when she is released and hopefully find some neat things! So yea it's not a guaranteed bad match up, just seemed like it can be rough, but doable.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
If you are talking about the sheik vs bayo MU, then no, its only FIRST IMPRESSIONS after doing the MU so it can obviously change/I can be wrong about the MU after playing it some more in the next few days.

Bayos moves aren't like super slow or anything but sheiks comes out faster than and can pressure her just the same as most of the other characters. Trying to dodge stuff like sheiks fair immediately can result in bat within, which is pretty is good but if activated as you are landing you have air dodge lag and sheik can continue hitting her (so basically a little bit of % + grabbed again before Bayo can do anything). Witch time is so good though so that can be a game changer/good momentum shift for Bayo. I just avoided getting hit by it in the matches I played I guess. But like I said before it was first impressions, not the final call on the MU or anything. I was the sheik as well btw and wouldn't you think going a new character vs a current character would also make the one using the current character(sheik in this case) have no idea on what to do/expect vs the new character? That can also be a factor as well and not only the whole Bayo is new so anything that looks like it can POSSIBLY be a bad thing for Bayo isn't a bad thing because shes new reasoning. I'm definitely going to use her/lab her when she is released and hopefully find some neat things! So yea it's not a guaranteed bad match up, just seemed like it can be rough, but doable.
That reminds me, since uSpecial doesn't put her in free fall, do you guys think we might be able to abuse it as third jump?
I mean it doesn't have invincibility frames, but it does have a hit box.
The more I think about her, the bigger I anticipate her bull**** potential.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
As a lesbian I don't really care about the character's gender. I go for cool personalities and who I like playing.

Boss is awesome. Ryu is Street Fighter. Bayonetta is a feminine badass and I love that archetype. Peach is the pastel princess. Bowser is just funny to play because people don't get how he works. Cloud has a huge sword and is fast, while covering my bad matchups!

sidenote: My uncle owns Nintendo of Uganda and he told me Bayonetta's jab is frame 18

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
While I'm gay, I don't really think that has influenced my mains. I play Kirby because he's my favorite video game character, I play Lucas because I adore the Earthbound/Mother series, and I'm gonna play Bayonetta because I absolutely love her sassy personality and fighting style. :dr^_^:

Greda

Smash Journeyman
While I'm gay, I don't really think that has influenced my mains. I play Kirby because he's my favorite video game character, I play Lucas because I adore the Earthbound/Mother series, and I'm gonna play Bayonetta because I absolutely love her sassy personality and fighting style. :dr^_^:
Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you. I just like characters if they are cool characters, that's about it.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I agree. I was the same way with Rosalina, since she was the character I wanted most to get into Smash 4 (I didn't think Bayo would ever get in). Then they announced her as a puppet character with Luma, and I knew my dream was over lol.

Obviously, I don't give a **** about viability, considering I've mained Zelda forever. I play characters that I find fun, not because they're good/top tier or whatever.
I wanted Rosalina badly as well.l Idc if someone is top tier / bottom tier. As long as I love the character and have fun playing as them while being able to get good with 'em to a level I'm happy about - they become my mains.

I really love Luma. :p Palutena tho is in danger in going into secondary since recently I tried maining Lucina but instead she's a secondary and is actually pretty close to my Palutena imo.

Bayonetta I will 100% main. Corrin? I'll attempt it, might become my 4th secondary like Lucina or Pacman.

Last edited:

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
I'm asexual and I just play female characters more often because I often find male characters bland and similar to each other. Usually I find female characters to be more varied in personality and appearance which I enjoy.

Greda

Smash Journeyman
I went into my Camera Roll and forgot just how many Bayonetta memes I saved.

700 lmao.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Tomorrow is ours ladies and Gentlemen!
1 Day left!

If the Character's fun to me,i'll play em,boy or girl. :D

Greda

Smash Journeyman
Tomorrow is ours ladies and Gentlemen!
1 Day left!

If the Character's fun to me,i'll play em,boy or girl. :D
Dawn of The Final Day -24 Hours Remain-

Fitting song choice.

Last edited:

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
Bayonetta games are my power fantasy. I'm straight, currently sport a beard, even lift, and eat mostly meat but there's just something hella fun about being an unstoppable fabulous *****.

Looking forward to bringing that feeling with me through bracket

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Dawn of The Final Day -24 Hours Remain-

Fitting song choice.
I can't wait to bring my setup to school Friday!
4 on 4,Corrin vs Bayonetta. there was equal hype for both characters there. Along with some people not playing the game for a while due to influx of said characters. :p
I'm not sure which song to go for when she gets released though. I'll figure it out after playing with her for a bit.

Top Bottom