• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Ganonic Grimoire - Kongregation of Kings

Gold_TSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slyger_Magreiva
Guess I'm a sexy lady for today. I'm alright with this.

Last edited:

Alter Requiem

Red Panties Ambassador
NNID
AlterRequiem
Looks to me like you caught the autocancel on the first few frames of F-air.
That jump looks physically impossible I've been labbing it for like an hour. I cant even get close to level with the ledge.

EDIT: After hours of practice I'm now able to do it on every legal stage fairly consistently. Some stages are easier to do it on than others. For instance on Town and City, Smashville and Battlefield I thought for a while it was impossible, but it turns out it just has to be so precise it almost becomes not worth it (almost).

http://smashboards.com/threads/new-ledge-option-for-ganondorf.434756/

Check it out and tell me what you think

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I'm back lurking here again fellow kings of evil. Not much discussion goes on here and what little does usually seems to be links to tournaments I don't watch (can't stand commentary) but I've regarded Ganon as my 5th best character and the worst of my actually competent characters so figured I'd start hanging out here again.

Litany

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Brushfire11
Switch FC
SW-6201-5293-0444
Yeah, most of the time conversations take place on the discord. If you're looking for a more regular schedule, you could go there.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Assuming Discord behaves much like Skype, I'm not much of one for it. I like Smashboards since I can catch up on anything I miss throughout the day while with Skype and presumably Discord, the stuff I miss just kinda flies by. If I'm to chime into any discussion on a discord group, I'd have to look at it and see what the current discussion going on is. Not many people gonna wanna talk about something from up to 12 hours in the past. Plus discussion on those kinda things goes by way faster and is far more difficult to catch up on. My experience with the MK Skype group showed me that @.@.

I mean, I could try it if only to test out Discord since I've never really used it before but I can't see myself partaking in discussion there any more than I do here.

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Assuming Discord behaves much like Skype, I'm not much of one for it. I like Smashboards since I can catch up on anything I miss throughout the day while with Skype and presumably Discord, the stuff I miss just kinda flies by. If I'm to chime into any discussion on a discord group, I'd have to look at it and see what the current discussion going on is. Not many people gonna wanna talk about something from up to 12 hours in the past. Plus discussion on those kinda things goes by way faster and is far more difficult to catch up on. My experience with the MK Skype group showed me that @.@.

I mean, I could try it if only to test out Discord since I've never really used it before but I can't see myself partaking in discussion there any more than I do here.
You'd just have to post 3 things in discord and you'll instantly be 50% more active than you are here

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
I want to take a moment to congratulate Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm on making ZeRo's best at their character list. Good work man :)

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Solid choice he definitely earned it imo

A shame it's only one since we have many great dorf(Personally if he went top 3 I'd have suggested Ray, Pon and Verm), but I think he reps the community well.

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
Hey guys I'm trying to make a tier list with a couple of friends of mine, and we were wondering is Ganon was worse than Palutena. We just wanted some info on your character and what it has (besides hard reads), that makes him better than Palutena.

Last edited:

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Hey guys I'm trying to make a tier list with a couple of friends of mine (Haters gonna hate) and sorry but we were having trouble deciding if we sould put Ganon as the worst character, or the second worst character next to Palutena.
...Your tier list is bad and you should feel bad.

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
Hey guys I'm trying to make a tier list with a couple of friends of mine (Haters gonna hate) and sorry but we were having trouble deciding if we sould put Ganon as the worst character, or the second worst character next to Palutena. We just wanted some info on your character and what it has (besides hard reads), that makes him better than Palutena.
What the darkness did you just heroically say about Ganon, you little moblin? I’ll have you know Ganon graduated top of his class in the Gerudo Guard, and he's been involved in numerous secret Grand Finals against Rosa mains, and he has over 300 confirmed Ganoncides in tourney. He is trained in Bair spacing and he's the top weight tiers in the entire cast of colorful Nintendo characters. You are nothing to him but just another FG scrub. He will wipe you the darkness out with spacing the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark his evil laugh. You think you can get away with saying that dodongo dung to him over the Internet? Think again, doo gooder. As we speak he is contacting his secret network of wallmasters across Hyrule and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the Wizard foot, maggot. The Wizard foot that footstool spikes the pathetic little thing you call your stock. You’re bodied, kid. Ganon can be anywhere, anytime, and he can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with his tilts. Not only is he extensively trained in passive play, but he also has access to the entire AT thread and he will use it to its full extent to intimidate you with the hell drop. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your salty tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you fool. He will stomp all over you and you will drown in the insane disjoint of his Dair. You’re evilly dead, kiddo.

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
Hey guys I'm trying to make a tier list with a couple of friends of mine (Haters gonna hate) and sorry but we were having trouble deciding if we sould put Ganon as the worst character, or the second worst character next to Palutena. We just wanted some info on your character and what it has (besides hard reads), that makes him better than Palutena.
To give you a straight answer, I can't see Palutena as dead last, nor Ganon for that matter. Neither of them are good characters, but I'd say Jigglypuff, Zelda, and Bowser Jr. are undeniably worse.

Though to be honest at that point of the tier list you'd just be splitting hairs. There's not really that much need in Smash 4 for a tier list to have such precise ordering. I'd suggest having a set of tiers and leaving them unordered.

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
To give you a straight answer, I can't see Palutena as dead last, nor Ganon for that matter. Neither of them are good characters, but I'd say Jigglypuff, Zelda, and Bowser Jr. are undeniably worse.

Though to be honest at that point of the tier list you'd just be splitting hairs. There's not really that much need in Smash 4 for a tier list to have such precise ordering. I'd suggest having a set of tiers and leaving them unordered.
True, but Bowser jr. as the worst, really? And I don't see Zelda being the worst when she has combos that kill you at 60% now.

Last edited:

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
True, but Bowser jr. as the worst, really? And I don't see Zelda being the worst when she has combos that kill you at 60% now.
Bowser Jr could be pretty easily argued to have the worst grab game of the entire cast. His grab itself is rubbish and has piddle reward. His grounded normals sans F-smash and D-tilt are mediocre. Mechakoopas, Clown Kart, and his aerials are all pretty good, but they don't make up for all his undertuned moves.

Zelda's moveset as a whole is just very meh. I struggle to think of any move Zelda has that I'm really scared to be hit by. Only D-tilt and D-air offstage come to mind. Her smashes are good, but they're still smash attacks, something very risky. Also, D-throw U-air is somewhat disputed from what I've seen, but I know that in the best view of it it requires following DI, and in the worst scenario it's just a neat setup. It's pretty limited as far as kill set ups go.

Again, I'd reccomend having an unordered bottom tier. Jigglypuff is definitely the worst but beyond that is just splitting hairs.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Bowser Jr could be pretty easily argued to have the worst grab game of the entire cast. His grab itself is rubbish and has piddle reward. His grounded normals sans F-smash and D-tilt are mediocre. Mechakoopas, Clown Kart, and his aerials are all pretty good, but they don't make up for all his undertuned moves.

Zelda's moveset as a whole is just very meh. I struggle to think of any move Zelda has that I'm really scared to be hit by. Only D-tilt and D-air offstage come to mind. Her smashes are good, but they're still smash attacks, something very risky. Also, D-throw U-air is somewhat disputed from what I've seen, but I know that in the best view of it it requires following DI, and in the worst scenario it's just a neat setup. It's pretty limited as far as kill set ups go.

Again, I'd reccomend having an unordered bottom tier. Jigglypuff is definitely the worst but beyond that is just splitting hairs.
I don't think Jr. is worse than us, his combo & juggle game are good, everything is disjointed & mechakoopas are great.

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643

Actually Usmash is the one to be worried about, it combos out of late fair

Fsmash is garbage and useless if you SDI out

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Bowser Jr. is pretty scary just from all the confirms that character gets on janky nonsense you will never see coming. One of the top PR guys here in Maine plays Bowser Jr., and the matchup is super lame.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Bowser Jr. is pretty scary just from all the confirms that character gets on janky nonsense you will never see coming. One of the top PR guys here in Maine plays Bowser Jr., and the matchup is super lame.
Jr. is scary and has a great punish game. Plenty of holes in his gameplan otherwise though. Gotta learn the MU or you will get bodied.

Top Bottom