• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Ganonic Grimoire - Kongregation of Kings

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Going to attend a major (EGLX) this weekend.

The streams for both Melee and Wii u starts from Friday - Sunday (Singles start on Saturday).

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Almost took game 1 off Marss, game 2 was more in his favor got two stocked. Great guy, real nice I'm glad I got to play him. He said he was on tilt but our set really helped, he played much safer so I understand that. Still in, I think losers side but idk how they're running these brackets lol. Made it out of r1 bracket pools though, admittedly only two sets and I guess r2 I fought Marss. Idk man I'm still new to pools and am unsure how they're doing everything lol, great time so far though.

Also Deotay Deotay , I played a MM friend of yours and he was solid. Wish you had came!

Deotay

Smash Cadet
Also Deotay Deotay , I played a MM friend of yours and he was solid. Wish you had came!
Marss is a beast. When I played him I felt like I had no real control over the match. And yeah, him and PugWest are both really fun guys to be around.

Yeah, Noe3 right? Lol, he messaged me out of nowhere on Facebook saying "Who the heck is Opana? I just lost to him and he's a Ganon lmao."

Also I was actually gonna go. But then my ride bailed on me, RIP. Glad you're having a blast though!

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
One of these days ese will hold another monthly, maybe I can meet you then man.

Also, I could've done better but got 33rd out of I believe a stacked 155 man bracket, ton of fun overall and a tad overwhelming at first lol.

EDIT
25th out of 157

Edit 2:

I lost to this guy in losers, not much on him but solid and a cool guy http://www.ssbwiki.com/Smasher:Pelca

Last edited:

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Been on a Smash hiatus for a few months, playing Rivals of Aether. Curious to see how much worse I am at this game now if anyone wants to play some games soon. :4ganondorf:

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
WELL MAYBE I WANTED TO CHAT ABOUT IT, GOVERNOR MEZZOME
AND MAYBE I WANTED TO CHAT ABOUT YOU WANTING TO CHAT ABOUT IT, CRIMSON JEIL
Attending my biggest tournament yet this upcoming week, with 500 attendents for singles and over 100 teams for doubles.

Https://smash.gg/tournament/get-on-my-level-2016-good-game-con-ft-hbox-2/brackets
That looks quite a challange, are you going to both singles and doubles?
In any case, best of wishes

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I'm pretty amazed at how well dorf does despite being kinda garbage lol. Expecting you to do well as always Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm , glad to have a strong rep for this character like you making it out to these huge events.

Gold_TSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slyger_Magreiva
Spread the darkness and do evil as our Dark Lord would.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Yeah, literally electrify your feet and continuously jump on anyone you meet in pools.

The reckoning is here...
Yeah, Ganon would skyrocket on the tier list if his reps would simply commit to actually murdering other players. I mean, that's pretty clearly what the current metagame calls for.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Who's ready for Ganon's nair to break the game though

Deotay

Smash Cadet
Inb4 all we get is Aerial Warlock Punch Super Armor.

If we're lucky, maybe Reverse Aerial Warlock Punch Super Armor too.

Last edited:

Deotay

Smash Cadet
Marss playing Ganondorf against Pug's Zelda. Pug also played Ganondorf earlier in the set. Probably one of the most hilarious sets I've ever seen. I love it when players commentate their own matches.

Marss shouted out Opana Opana as he was playing too!

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Oh man I gotta watch that lol, thanks for letting me know man.

Also I'm so stupid, I warlock punch sded not realizing I star kod someone and sded in losers for my worst placing in awhile lol. I mean I had fun, my execution was mostly on point too, I feel like my brain was too slow today though lol. I needed this though to push me harder, I was pretty lax in my training recently.

Also teaming with Arch was a ton of fun today and the highlight of my night.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Live over the weekend.

Twitch.tv/egeofficial

Twitch.tv/egeofficial2

Twitch.tv/egeofficial3

Twitch.tv/logicgatestudios

Last edited:

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
^On regards of your thoughts about Ganon not being able to win against any decent Rosalina or Sheik player, it's technically possible to if you can dodge their kill set-ups, get to 150% then get a read straight out of your ass to net a kill, or in Rosalina's case, break in the advantage, take away Luma as well, both of wich can shift the match in Ganon's favor if Rosalina can't scrooge, or respond to platform pressure(she must be out of Up B kill range most of the time as air camping might do the trick to dodge shield stab/break if the platform is too high)
Technically Manon is dead everytime he flies offstage, especially against Rosalina who possesses three options to cut right through his recovery, + she can just throw around random spaced FSmashes even if that's the most susceptible if read.
Ganon may as well steal a stock with his new wizkick, even if this is literally his only option in mid-range combat with Luma around as the rest gets cut by Bairs
So it isn't literally helpless, even if I used to think that the match-up was close to 100:0(and still think that), just in virtue of the fact that he can actually net a random victory here and there

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I personally have more issues vs mid level luigis than I do high level shieks, haven't fought enough rosa though. I think the problem with Sheik is that we need way too many reads though and I understand not wanting to touch that mu again.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Those two've never been ones I've been terribly afraid of. I'd definitely rather fight a Sheik over Rosa though. Rosa I'm much more comfortable with on a play-by-play basis, but I really get sick of dying at mad early percents. The characters I generally fear are ones who can kill us really easily rather than the ones who consistently win exchanges, like Sheik. Examples would be Falcon, Ike, etc.

In any case, I almost agree with you, Kalm. I think the <smart> thing to do would be to CP them, since chances are indeed slim. I do, however, still think it's entirely possible.

Edit: Oh, and good job on the placing, Kalm.

Last edited:

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
I personally have more issues vs mid level luigis than I do high level shieks, haven't fought enough rosa though. I think the problem with Sheik is that we need way too many reads though and I understand not wanting to touch that mu again.
I totally get the luigi fear, paraiod about airdodging at the wrong time and getting shoryuken blasted. Spam nair during combos is may strategy, also fair shield cuz he slides like soap.

The characters I generally fear are ones who can kill us really easily rather than the ones who consistently win exchanges, like Sheik. Examples would be Falcon, Ike.
Ike is super scary, and good Falcons are worse than good shieks for me, can't deal with Dair.

Nice new avatar, tho I did like Simon

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Actually it's more about cyclone gimps and how effectively his projectile allows him to get a grab and start dealing damage. I don't get cheesed over as often vs top tiers lol, although I haven't fought a Rosa in tourney yet so that may change.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Actually it's more about cyclone gimps and how effectively his projectile allows him to get a grab and start dealing damage. I don't get cheesed over as often vs top tiers lol, although I haven't fought a Rosa in tourney yet so that may change.
I know i already told you a million times about those gimps, and while it's still rough you should always recover with side-B when you can, it goes right under fireballs & it's SIGNIFICANTLY harder for him to cyclone gimp you that way.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I already do that, sometimes you don't have a choice though and that should sadly always be a stock on dorf. I need a solid Luigi in my area to feel better in the mu I think though, I think I understand it fairly well but don't feel comfortable in it.

Discord is bottom tier btw

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Hmm we might get rankings for our little sub region

I expect a bad placing since they'll likely start with this month, which I believe is the worst I've done for etc reasons.

Oh well always room for improvement regardless and I'm hype for this

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
You aren't mistaken! It was indeed Richter.

Theosmeo Theosmeo You like Xenogears, Theo?
Totally, it was long and weird but I think I finally understood it by the end. Music was top tier :)

Makes sense that it was Richter, I've only played Castlevania 1, 3, Aria of Sorrow, and the DS ones. Have SotN lying around but I've been lazy.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Yo Opana Opana I heard you decked my friend Gookie with ledge trumps. Stop killing my friends, lol.
The choke>nana>trump bair hype was real lol, I widh I was more confident in my setups earlier in bracket vs Gold >_>

Gookie was solid though, he played the mu pretty well, unfortunately he sded game two though as we would have had a solid set imo. I'm gonna do everything I can to make my next tourney, I'd really like to play him again. Tell him he's a good player

Also if we have a large tourney would you be willing to make the lengthy drive man? Been wanting to mirror you for awhile, I hate mirrors but high level ones can be a lot of fun lol.

Deotay

Smash Cadet
The choke>nana>trump bair hype was real lol, I widh I was more confident in my setups earlier in bracket vs Gold >_>

Gookie was solid though, he played the mu pretty well, unfortunately he sded game two though as we would have had a solid set imo. I'm gonna do everything I can to make my next tourney, I'd really like to play him again. Tell him he's a good player

Also if we have a large tourney would you be willing to make the lengthy drive man? Been wanting to mirror you for awhile, I hate mirrors but high level ones can be a lot of fun lol.
Gookie has always had consistency problems. He frequently SDs when it counts which is something we've been telling him to work on for a while. I'll let him know though. He also said you were a super nice guy.

I would've definitely tried my best to go to a big tournament. Unfortunately since the college semester ended, I'm back home 7 hours away in Massachusetts. But I'll definitely be trying to make it out there in the Fall Semester man. Also I have incredibly mixed feelings towards the mirror, lol.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Deotay Deotay

He was real nice too, a pleasure to meet him.

Yeah he told me sometimes he'll body people other times they'll body him lol. He beat Ofy who usually top 8s though, he's actually a spot higher on the ranking we're starting so beating him is something to be proud of. Surprised ofy didn't time hm out lol, he loves doing that.

Ah I understand that, if anything let's wifi sometime man. I hope you can make it out, I've been really interested in playing you for some tine now honestly. Maybe ese can ride up to a larger tourney in your area sometime too when fall hits.

Last edited:

Deotay

Smash Cadet
Deotay Deotay

He was real nice too, a pleasure to meet him.

Yeah he told me sometimes he'll body people other times they'll body him lol. He beat Ofy who usually top 8s though, he's actually a spot higher on the ranking we're starting so beating him is something to be proud of. Surprised ofy didn't time hm out lol, he loves doing that.

Ah I understand that, if anything let's wifi sometime man. I hope you can make it out, I've been really interested in playing you for some tine now honestly. Maybe ese can ride up to a larger tourney in your area sometime too when fall hits.
Yeah, we could Wi-Fi. Actually technically we've been up to fight in the GitBCE online tourney for a while now lol. Also one of the bigger tournaments happening a couple months from now is Shine which I'll probably be at. Would be cool to see you there.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Yeah, we could Wi-Fi. Actually technically we've been up to fight in the GitBCE online tourney for a while now lol. Also one of the bigger tournaments happening a couple months from now is Shine which I'll probably be at. Would be cool to see you there.
Only larger tourney I'm attending atm is Apex sorry to say. I didn't know we werematched up though that should be fun

Top Bottom