• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ganon board's tier list

@HomE

Smash Ace
Me and Gleam got some matches in last night, it was pretty laggy at times but we had some pretty decent matches, maybe enough to bump me into high tier? maybe?

hyperstation

Smash Lord
I like all the enthusiasm people have about proving their Ganon and all, but here's the thing: beating someone higher than you on this list - even 10-15 places higher - doesn't mean sh*t as far as I'm concerned unless it's a complete and utter bloodbath, consistently, and without notable lag. Either that or the higher placed, defending Ganon just out rightly says "that dude is better than me...move him up". The problem is, IRL my Ganon is extremely technical, and on wifi, even the subtlest lag limits about half of my more advanced arsenal. I can win on wifi, but it's only because I know what is possible and more importantly, what ISN'T possible online.

Note that everyone at the top of the list has done significant work to advance Ganon as a character. Not only do they play exceedingly well, but they work hard to show new techniques, new concepts, and new ways to overcome Ganon's short comings. Most recently: Z1gma, case and point. The dude has been working HARD to disclose anything he's got that might help the king of evil get better. In addition to that, he happens to have a great Ganon. Thus, he moved up the list, significantly, and I support this move entirely.

The point is this: it doesn't matter where you are on this list. What matters is, when it comes to the showdown, IRL, are you going to be able to win with Ganon? CAN. YOU. KOSKINATE!!!????!!!?!?!?

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I like all the enthusiasm people have about proving their Ganon and all, but here's the thing: beating someone higher than you on this list - even 10-15 places higher - doesn't mean sh*t as far as I'm concerned unless it's a complete and utter bloodbath, consistently, and without notable lag. Either that or the higher placed, defending Ganon just out rightly says "that dude is better than me...move him up". The problem is, IRL my Ganon is extremely technical, and on wifi, even the subtlest lag limits about half of my more advanced arsenal. I can win on wifi, but it's only because I know what is possible and more importantly, what ISN'T possible online.

Note that everyone at the top of the list has done significant work to advance Ganon as a character. Not only do they play exceedingly well, but they work hard to show new techniques, new concepts, and new ways to overcome Ganon's short comings. Most recently: Z1gma, case and point. The dude has been working HARD to disclose anything he's got that might help the king of evil get better. In addition to that, he happens to have a great Ganon. Thus, he moved up the list, significantly, and I support this move entirely.

The point is this: it doesn't matter where you are on this list. What matters is, when it comes to the showdown, IRL, are you going to be able to win with Ganon? CAN. YOU. KOSKINATE!!!????!!!?!?!?
I agree with everything you just said. Even if you're able to beat someone above you on the list, in a fair game, wouldn't move you above that particular person and the others below him, rather you would be put up a few more places higher than beating someone a little closer to you on the list. All this with me considering your knowledge and contribution of/to Ganondorf's metagame.

@HomE

Smash Ace

I would assume this is at least somewhat directed at me, I'm not really trying to move up significantly or anything, I'm just one spot away from the high tier. and looks so comfortable and warm up there :)

I was just wondering if Gleam could vouch for my abilities. Lag was a bit of an issue in some matches but we did play a good amount, and I was just wondering if it was enough to bump me into high tier is all..

Either way, I'd love to play some dittos with any of you high/top tier ganons

Whats difficult is that my laptop has crapped out on me... :mad:

so after 4:30 p.m. (central) using a computer is a little difficult for me, but im sure i could work something out.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I've updated the list again, check it out. Keep in mind that I wasn't just randomly switching everyone around.

Shadows of Evil/High:
DLA
stRIP
Sliq
Flying Dutchman
SaltyKracka
Twilight Prince
Gleam
Blad
Breezy
K_Prime
A2Zomg
Naik
Flux

I moved DLA and stRIP up. Both of them have become more active on these boards and have been contributing more than some of the others, and they preform quite well in matches.

I moved Breezy, Blad and K_Prime down cause of their absence and a bit of lack in skills compared to those above them.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
And then lose to me. :laugh:
Lol kracka, I don't know how you deal with the type of lag you have. It may have a green dot but that connection is seriously the choppiest I've ever dealt with. Consistent input lag I suck with but I'll deal with it, but when the lag is inconsistent and slows down whenever it chooses to, I tend to get pissed and throw my controller ><.

EDIT: LMAO...you're sig made my day salty. Not the quote, but "GIZ punishers." I guess I'm the only one who thinks that could be interpreted as **** punishers

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Lol kracka, I don't know how you deal with the type of lag you have. It may have a green dot but that connection is seriously the choppiest I've ever dealt with. Consistent input lag I suck with but I'll deal with it, but when the lag is inconsistent and slows down whenever it chooses to, I tend to get pissed and throw my controller ><.
Trust me, it's a *****. Sometimes, it's smooth as silk, but other times, it just randomly begins to lag. I blame my brother and his love of downloading music.

But yeah, I was surprised that I won so much. You're much better than I am. I can't get all of that buffering stuff down online, and to add to that, I play purely based on reaction. There's almost no prediction in my game. And I suck in choppy lag too. It's the one time when I consistently do worse.

BTW, were you sandbagging with your choices out of Murder Choke? I swear that once I figured it out, I killed you so many times with that.

Swoops said:
EDIT: LMAO...you're sig made my day salty. Not the quote, but "GIZ punishers." I guess I'm the only one who thinks that could be interpreted as **** punishers
Never thought of that. They're just the characters that I play, and they're all based on punishment. Therefore...

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I should be on this list as "completely innocent". :3

ShinGaruda

Smash Journeyman
Two questions about Shin:

Is he me? Because I'm more commonly referred to as Garuda. My other account messed up, so I had to create this one. Also, if that is me, I use default color.

And number 2, why is he mid and bottom tier? =P

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Two questions about Shin:

Is he me? Because I'm more commonly referred to as Garuda. My other account messed up, so I had to create this one. Also, if that is me, I use default color.

And number 2, why is he mid and bottom tier? =P
That's another Shin, I was told to add him.

stRIP

Smash Ace
I've updated the list again, check it out. Keep in mind that I wasn't just randomly switching everyone around.

Shadows of Evil/High:
DLA
stRIP
Sliq
Flying Dutchman
SaltyKracka
Twilight Prince
Gleam
Blad
Breezy
K_Prime
A2Zomg
Naik
Flux

I moved DLA and stRIP up. Both of them have become more active on these boards and have been contributing more than some of the others, and they preform quite well in matches.

I moved Breezy, Blad and K_Prime down cause of their absence and a bit of lack in skills compared to those above them.

Love Kalm <3 no homo

Im in love with DAD and Kalm ._. whats now xD

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Can't you people see Kalm's left him self out, in the awards list?
Please suggest which ones he should be added to.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Oh! and...

Most social Ganon(s): DAD
Or maybe Caretaker Ganon? I dunnu.. lulz

But something at least.
The man deserves it!

stRIP

Smash Ace
Can't you people see Kalm's left him self out, in the awards list?
Please suggest which ones he should be added to.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Oh! and...

Most social Ganon(s): DAD
Or maybe Caretaker Ganon? I dunnu.. lulz

But something at least.
The man deserves it!
I would say MOST LOVED GANON

hmm i need some cool awards too =D

@HomE

Smash Ace
Does best wizkicker include DownB spiking? If so i have many many DownB spikes in my video. If that would nominate me...

Pyrostormer

Smash Lord
Why am I not on this list, lawl? Got 9th at a recent tourney using only Ganon.

I havent put up any new Ganon videos lately so you can look at my old ones. My opponent (Xeno) got 2nd at the tourney also.

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
Yay! It's back up! And I am now a Red Ganon. Red, I say, RED!

And I have the best Grammar! :D

....or maybe not. :confused:

OMG...I need to calm down.

Bil

Smash Ace
Prove it.

10char
LOL how, Wifi?

Wifi doesn't mean ANYTHING, sure it helps you on getting to know matchups, and knowing when to do which moves where, but skillwise, Wifi barely means anything. I've went to a tournament and took 4th in teams with Sago who plays Samus. Don't say prove it in singles, because Ganon doesn't even exist in Singles. All a person has to do to beat a Ganon is go Falco.

TP

Smash Master
LOL how, Wifi?

Wifi doesn't mean ANYTHING, sure it helps you on getting to know matchups, and knowing when to do which moves where, but skillwise, Wifi barely means anything. I've went to a tournament and took 4th in teams with Sago who plays Samus. Don't say prove it in singles, because Ganon doesn't even exist in Singles. All a person has to do to beat a Ganon is go Falco.
1) No johns.
2) Wifi is far (very far) from perfect, but it is better than nothing, which is the alternative.
3) Falco is our 3rd or 4th hardest matchup, so you aren't exactly showing how great your knowledge of Ganon is here. Knowledge is somewhat correlated to skill.
4) I'll gladly play you on Wifi to see if you are actually good or not. PM me if you want to.

Guys, this is completely irrelevant, but I landed a "combo" today. Shielded Utilt to shielded Utilt shield break to Up Taunt to reverse Warlock Punch kill. This combo needs a name!

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
LOL how, Wifi?

The ONLY experience my Ganon got in preparation for tournament is wifi. I have gotten as good as I am today by playing Wifi. I drop wifi about a week before a tournament to get used to offline, and get the finer things timed up. Ally, for example, plays a great deal of Wifi, and then he goes to tournaments and ***** everybody. Before you say wifi doesnt mean anything, learn the facts. By the way, I came 2nd place using Ganondorf at the last tournament I went to. Lets see your tournament results with a character higher tier lol.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
1) No johns.
2) Wifi is far (very far) from perfect, but it is better than nothing, which is the alternative.
3) Falco is our 3rd or 4th hardest matchup, so you aren't exactly showing how great your knowledge of Ganon is here. Knowledge is somewhat correlated to skill.
4) I'll gladly play you on Wifi to see if you are actually good or not. PM me if you want to.

Guys, this is completely irrelevant, but I landed a "combo" today. Shielded Utilt to shielded Utilt shield break to Up Taunt to reverse Warlock Punch kill. This combo needs a name!
Falco, sadly, is our worst match-up.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
If its offline u can tech the Chainspike, i dont have any problems with it..but..40-50%...no comment
You'll need to practice teching the CG > Spike first, and even with that, Falco's still our worst.

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
Woah, where have I've been? I didn't know this is back up. I gotta stop lurking in the Diddy Kong and Lucas boards :chuckle:

But hmmm, Idk what I was going to say. I felt like it was my tournament post that closed the last tier list post so I stopped coming here for awhile :(

But I guess everything is better?

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Woah, where have I've been? I didn't know this is back up. I gotta stop lurking in the Diddy Kong and Lucas boards :chuckle:

But hmmm, Idk what I was going to say. I felt like it was my tournament post that closed the last tier list post so I stopped coming here for awhile :(

But I guess everything is better?
Your tournament post..?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I doubt Falco is Ganondorf's worst matchup.

The chainspike isn't nearly as big of a deal as people say it is. You can meteor cancel it, and moreoever, let the Falco laser camp you if he's dumb enough so that he can't CG you. Also, just don't get grabbed near the edge....seriously. He can't really touch you when you edgecamp either.

Of course, he still has more raw advantages besides that since his laser camping is really lame, and some of his close range stuff is stupidly fast and hard to punish. If you DI well though he's not that good at edgeguarding and his KO power is low.

Sheik on the other hand, is ALWAYS a threat when it comes to comboing and gimping you. And she's stupidly fast and harder to punish than Falco and her low stance on many attacks is hard for Ganon to deal with. Needle camping hurts Ganondorf just as badly, if not worse than laser camping by the way.

And don't get me started on the Ice Climbers, who are BY FAR Ganondorf's worst matchup.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I doubt Falco is Ganondorf's worst matchup.

The chainspike isn't nearly as big of a deal as people say it is. You can meteor cancel it, and moreoever, let the Falco laser camp you if he's dumb enough so that he can't CG you.

Of course, he still has more raw advantages besides that since his laser camping is really lame, and some of his close range stuff is stupidly fast and hard to punish. If you DI well though he's not that good at edgeguarding and his KO power is low.

Sheik on the other hand, is ALWAYS a threat when it comes to comboing and gimping you. And she's stupidly fast and harder to punish than Falco and her low stance on many attacks is hard for Ganon to deal with. Needle camping hurts Ganondorf just as badly, if not worse than laser camping by the way.
Falco has a fair amount of KO power (in some of his attacks). His FSmash comes out fairly fast and has enough KO power to KO Ganon at around 90%, he also KOs Ganon faster than Ganon KOs him. Other than that, he beats us in EVERY other aspect. Grab game, spike, in the air, off-stage, projectiles etc.. And you could be sure that a grab at early percentages would ALWAYS lead to a KO, unless you know how to tech it.

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
Your tournament post..?
In the last Ganon Board Tier list I posted a topic about how I did at a tournament. Next thing I know, the thread gets closed down. I thought it was because of my post about a tournament in a wrong area but then I saw that Rule #7 was about favoring certain people and the like (or something like that lol)

Top Bottom