• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ganon board's tier list

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Okay, assuming Falco picks FD, his best stage. Go to the center of the stage. DI towards him, and seriously, you can then jump out of the combo before he makes it to the ledge.

BF, stay on the platforms. At ALL costs.

Falco's F-smash has decent knockback ONLY if sweetspotted. It's too slow coming out frame 18, which is slower than Ganondorf's D-smash.

I agree that Falco does have pretty much every raw advantage over Ganon.

Sheik and the ICs do to. Sheik doesn't need a situational chaingrab, and does better edgeguarding. The Ice Climbers unlike Falco ALWAYS 0 to death you from a grab, and their camping is harder for Ganondorf to deal with than laser camping.

TP

Smash Master
Okay, assuming Falco picks FD, his best stage. Go to the center of the stage. DI towards him, and seriously, you can then jump out of the combo before he makes it to the ledge.

BF, stay on the platforms. At ALL costs.

Falco's F-smash has decent knockback ONLY if sweetspotted. It's too slow coming out frame 18, which is slower than Ganondorf's D-smash.

I agree that Falco does have pretty much every raw advantage over Ganon.

Sheik and the ICs do to. Sheik doesn't need a situational chaingrab, and does better edgeguarding. The Ice Climbers unlike Falco ALWAYS 0 to death you from a grab, and their camping is harder for Ganondorf to deal with than laser camping.
Furthermore, the ICs completely shut down our Murder Choke game since there are two of them, so it is harder to rack up damage on them. Sheik is so fast that she can keep constant pressure on us if she doesn't feel like camping. Either way is unbeatable. At least with Falco you have a legit shot on a few stages.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
While I'm not entirely sure why we're discussing this in the Tier List, I'll weigh in nonetheless.

You don't have to be a great Falco to crush Ganon: CG, laser camping, safely spiking are all easy. You don't have to be a great Sheik to shut down Ganon: Ftilt lock, needle camping, basic gimping are all pretty easy. You have to be a pretty d*mn good IC to shut down ANYONE.

I'll agree that a d*mn good IC is harder than a Falco OR a Sheik in that if they grab you, YOU'RE DEAD, but there just aren't that many amazing ICs yet.

TP

Smash Master
While I'm not entirely sure why we're discussing this in the Tier List, I'll weigh in nonetheless.

You don't have to be a great Falco to crush Ganon: CG, laser camping, safely spiking are all easy. You don't have to be a great Sheik to shut down Ganon: Ftilt lock, needle camping, basic gimping are all pretty easy. You have to be a pretty d*mn good IC to shut down ANYONE.

I'll agree that a d*mn good IC is harder than a Falco OR a Sheik in that if they grab you, YOU'RE DEAD, but there just aren't that many amazing ICs yet.
An IC chaingrabbed me three times, to death every time, on Wifi. I was shocked. I'm up against an IC and I think "The chaingrabs are so hard that I must be safe online." It was epic ****. In other words, don't underestimate the ICs in any situation. :urg:

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
We should stop arguing over who's our worst match-up and what not, this includes me.

Yoshi, Ice Climbers, Falco, Sheik, Samus are ALL definitely very bad match-ups for Ganondorf.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
We should stop arguing over who's our worst match-up and what not, this includes me.

Yoshi, Ice Climbers, Falco, Sheik, Samus are ALL definitely very bad match-ups for Ganondorf.
Where did this idea come from that Yoshi is a bad match up for Ganon? Eggs aren't as big of problem as people make them out to be, I can f-tilt cancel them consistently, powershield them online, and DA cancel them and under them as well. B-air is not a huge problem if you know your spacing. It does not shut down ganondorf, b-air goes through, and with proper f-air spacing yoshi is put in a really tough spot. Chaingrab...if that's what people are basing the huge disadvantage on then that's ridiculous.

Ice Climbers can 0-death EVERYBODY...Ganondorf is not alone at all. Ganondorf's problems lie with his restriction in his choke game, his slight vulnerability to grabs (although if climbers get careless with ONE grab we can stomp the bejesus out of them,) and the fact that he's not great separating the two.

I don't find Samus nearly as hard as some of g-dorf's other tough match ups.

EDIT
Dont forget metaknight and marth :>
Marth isn't even close to a horrible match up. On paper the match up can seem pretty bad, but I've played many **** good marth's and gone head to toe, or sword to toe...fist.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Marth isn't even close to a horrible match up. On paper the match up can seem pretty bad, but I've played many **** good marth's and gone head to toe, or sword to toe...fist.
I see you're finally using the feared and revered Toe-Fist method of attack.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Where did this idea come from that Yoshi is a bad match up for Ganon? Eggs aren't as big of problem as people make them out to be, I can f-tilt cancel them consistently, powershield them online, and DA cancel them and under them as well. B-air is not a huge problem if you know your spacing. It does not shut down ganondorf, b-air goes through, and with proper f-air spacing yoshi is put in a really tough spot. Chaingrab...if that's what people are basing the huge disadvantage on then that's ridiculous.

I don't find Samus nearly as hard as some of g-dorf's other tough match ups.

I'm going to have to agree with this. Yoshi's CG only works for a limited time, is hard to land versus a good opponent, and only kills if the grabee ****s up. Otherwise, he's fairly easy, as he can't kill for ****.

Samus....is hard on Wifi, but that's about it. She HAS to gimp Ganon if she wants to kill, and that's always a risky proposition. Otherwise, the spacing can be broken, and after that, Samus is pretty easy.

Marth...ugh. I hate playing good Marths. It's a hard matchup, definitely in hard-counter area, but I seriously doubt it's as bad as all that. If you get predictable, Counter ***** Ganon, and he's almost impossible to FC chain.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
I'm going to have to agree with this. Yoshi's CG only works for a limited time, is hard to land versus a good opponent, and only kills if the grabee ****s up. Otherwise, he's fairly easy, as he can't kill for ****.
I don't think this is entirely accurate. The first tournament level yoshi I played IRL 3 stocked me with bout 45% because he CG released me to the edge 3 times and finished it each time. It was in friendlies and I had zero Yoshi experience, but still. Now, I'm not sure if any of those spikes/gimps over the ledge are guaranteed in the hands of a competent Yoshi, but I have indeed managed to in fact spike Yoshi out of his own CGs once I'm over the ledge, which leads me to believe that you can DI after you regain control of Ganon enough to avoid death...but I could be wrong.

Samus....is hard on Wifi, but that's about it. She HAS to gimp Ganon if she wants to kill, and that's always a risky proposition. Otherwise, the spacing can be broken, and after that, Samus is pretty easy.
this is...VERY wrong.

Kill moves: Dtilt fresh at about 110%. Quick turn BAir are f*cking awesome. DAir can ALWAYS kill, just like ours. Charge Shot.

I'm really tired of people saying Samus can't kill. It's just so untrue. Ganon's a heavy mother f*cker and he still can get killed just slightly over 100% by a good Samus. Not to mention, a top tier Samus lives FOREVVVVVER, just like Melee. If you don't believe me, go over to the Samus boards and ask some of the top players there for a match. They'll teach you some neat tricks about how to KILL, not just gimp, with her.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I don't think this is entirely accurate. The first tournament level yoshi I played IRL 3 stocked me with bout 45% because he CG released me to the edge 3 times and finished it each time. It was in friendlies and I had zero Yoshi experience, but still. Now, I'm not sure if any of those spikes/gimps over the ledge are guaranteed in the hands of a competent Yoshi, but I have indeed managed to in fact spike Yoshi out of his own CGs once I'm over the ledge, which leads me to believe that you can DI after you regain control of Ganon enough to avoid death...but I could be wrong.

this is...VERY wrong.

Kill moves: Dtilt fresh at about 110%. Quick turn BAir are f*cking awesome. DAir can ALWAYS kill, just like ours. Charge Shot.

I'm really tired of people saying Samus can't kill. It's just so untrue. Ganon's a heavy mother f*cker and he still can get killed just slightly over 100% by a good Samus. Not to mention, a top tier Samus lives FOREVVVVVER, just like Melee. If you don't believe me, go over to the Samus boards and ask some of the top players there for a match. They'll teach you some neat tricks about how to KILL, not just gimp, with her.
Samus is heavier than Ganon horizontally, for someone to have all that advantage over us. I have Samuses surviving a fresh BAir at 130% right near the edge of the stage, with good DI.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
There's no such thing horizontal and vertical weight differential. She's almost the same weight as Ganon though...just barely lighter. I'll agree that she's easier to kill off the top than off the sides, generally.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
There's no such thing horizontal and vertical weight differential. She's almost the same weight as Ganon though...just barely lighter. I'll agree that she's easier to kill off the top than off the sides, generally.
Yes there is. Charizard, Wario, Yoshi and Samus are all heavier than Ganon horizontally. Captain Falcon is heavier than Ganon vertically. Bowser, Snake, D3, and DK are heavier in both directions.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
One thing that annoys me is that Snake weights more than Ganon.
Ganon is 1 and a half head taller, plus his Body is double the thickness of Snake's.
Snake carries all those weapons, yeah; but Ganon's armor isn't like wearin a dress.

Samus Dtilt-KO Ganon at 110%? That doesn't seem right. Remember Snakes Utilt kills most chracters at around 95%.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
One thing that annoys me is that Snake weights more than Ganon.
Ganon is 1 and a half head taller, plus his Body is double the thickness of Snake's.
Snake carries all those weapons, yeah; but Ganon's armor isn't like wearin a dress.

Samus Dtilt-KO Ganon at 110%? That doesn't seem right. Remember Snakes Utilt kills most chracters at around 95%.
Blame the game designers, and Sakurai.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Yes there is. Charizard, Wario, Yoshi and Samus are all heavier than Ganon horizontally. Captain Falcon is heavier than Ganon vertically. Bowser, Snake, D3, and DK are heavier in both directions.
I've read recently that it's not a matter of horizontal vs vertical weight differential but a matter of launch resistance or some ish. I didn't totally understand it, but horizontal vs vert weight is a myth as far as I can tell.

Gleam

Smash Ace
I would assume this is at least somewhat directed at me, I'm not really trying to move up significantly or anything, I'm just one spot away from the high tier. and looks so comfortable and warm up there :)

I was just wondering if Gleam could vouch for my abilities. Lag was a bit of an issue in some matches but we did play a good amount, and I was just wondering if it was enough to bump me into high tier is all..

Either way, I'd love to play some dittos with any of you high/top tier ganons

Whats difficult is that my laptop has crapped out on me... :mad:

so after 4:30 p.m. (central) using a computer is a little difficult for me, but im sure i could work something out.

The bad thing is there was a lot of lag. It was pretty bad. To be honest I'm not sure if your ready for High Tier yet. However I will admit that you could probably rise up some because you definely did much better than last time.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I've read recently that it's not a matter of horizontal vs vertical weight differential but a matter of launch resistance or some ish. I didn't totally understand it, but horizontal vs vert weight is a myth as far as I can tell.
Inertia is, at least IRL, the same thing as gravity.
There's no necessary reason for this (I'm told by the guy at xkcd), but it just happens to be universally constant (since both have to do with mass, in this reality).

Every place you can say you have directionalized "launch resistance," you might as well talk of having a mass vector.

If I resist horizontal knockback, I weigh more [to the left/right].
If we had units, we might say Ganon weighs 2.34 Marios
and 2.00 Marios [up]. (these numbers come from my ***, btw)

Hell of a concept. I think I'll mention this to my physicist friends...

*~*~*~

I wasn't aware anything happened on Samus boards anymore. They slowed down, some guys were talkin' about how "this is as deep as she gets," and I stopped looking. (still worked on my Samus though - too **** rewarding)

Guess I'll go back. :dizzy:

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
I guess I could join, I play Red Ganondorf. I would prefer to be judged rather than to start from the bottom. Also, i'm from Sweden, so preferably an european judge ;D

@HomE

Smash Ace
The bad thing is there was a lot of lag. It was pretty bad. To be honest I'm not sure if your ready for High Tier yet. However I will admit that you could probably rise up some because you definely did much better than last time.
Yea the lag was an issue, lots of pretty hilarious low% Self deaths, hahah.. definatly less lag then the last time we played tho. either way we should play again sometime, maybe get lucky and have less lag. GGs

(side note: how'd you like that DK?)

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
- Jolly good guess there, Baker.
It actually means: Let's destroy each other.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I've played Doopliss_Swe, now.
I think it'd be a good idea for him to start challenging Mid-tier-Ganons, from the bottom.

Darkrow

Smash Rookie
I think I should join, since I main Ganon for 3-4 months now. So I main white Ganon. I'd prefer being judged. I live in Quebec so I guess I should be judged by a Canadian judge (if there are any). Also, constructive comments would be appreciated.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
I think I should join, since I main Ganon for 3-4 months now. So I main white Ganon. I'd prefer being judged. I live in Quebec so I guess I should be judged by a Canadian judge (if there are any). Also, constructive comments would be appreciated.
I'm not gonna organize your information for you. Post it in the format I asked for and I'll add you. Thanks.

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
Added. I'll be on in a sec. :D

EDIT: I got gannon-banned. -_- Only one win, and oddly enough, off of my signature move. :D

Thanks for judging me. :D

Top Bottom