• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The Game Awards 2019 - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Might be wise to stay on the cautious side and let the drama subside a bit more.

Things got a little too heated there too. Understatement.

Also,

let's hope that the refrigerator is just a prototype model

also why are they all trying to be big long cuboids

EDIT: actually looking at the damn thing up close i'm pretty sure that is just a literal fridge with the PSN logo slapped on it

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
It seems like people really don't want to believe Sabi & Verge because they don't like the stuff they're hearing with all the deconfirmations.
Of course I don’t want to believe it, literally all of the characters I wanted are on it. I’d even argue that speculating FP5 is now pointless for me. But sadly, its probably true.

I was just asking people what they thought about it, since I found it odd that the latest massive kill list from Verge wasn’t being brought up more.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
look on the brightside, we only need to wait til February max

it's not like we aren't in the know of where the deadline is

Smash 4 DLC was rough lemme tell ya
I remember Smash 4 DLC.

People complainin' about Ultimate's got nothing on what the wait for Smash 4's was, lol. It's been a dang cakewalk waiting for Ultimate's news compared to Smash 4's.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I didn't get a chance to watch the awards last night but it seems like I didn't miss much. Maybe the Xbox announcement but nothing else that stood out to me. Crash Team Racing winning Sports game of the year was my only wish and Disco Elysium was well deserved for RPG of the year. Might need to check that out later this year.

Just waiting for Geno Speculation to open again. Reddit/GameFAQs users are literally polio lol

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
That game awards was terrible...even Geoff seemed bored at points. I thought for sure we'd get FP5 at least and I was holding out hope for BOTW2 along with a new Crash game, said crash game by the way was stated by Sabi to be at the awards, and we got nothing.
Sabi never said that though.

Also I believe Sabi is non-binary, so can you please stop misgendering them? It's rude.

SKX31

Smash Master
Broke: X should be in Smash
Woke: Horrible Goose should be a permanent member of the Muppets.
Statler: Say, what's that goose doing amongst the troupe anyway?
Waldorf: Why, it's jumping the shark for this show!
Both: Dohohohohoho!

let's hope that the refrigerator is just a prototype model

also why are they all trying to be big long cuboids

EDIT: actually looking at the damn thing up close i'm pretty sure that is just a literal fridge with the PSN logo slapped on it
I'm pretty sure that the PS5 design is a joke design. IIRC the same guy posted stuff like this not long before (he also made a joke tweet comparing the Series X to a Tesla model X, but he probably deleted it since he admitted he got too joke-y during TGA and needed to go to bed):

There was a problem fetching the tweet

"Did you all know i'm a senior analyst btw"

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I remember Smash 4 DLC.

People complainin' about Ultimate's got nothing on what the wait for Smash 4's was, lol. It's been a dang cakewalk waiting for Ultimate's news compared to Smash 4's.
Was it really that bad? I honestly can't remember the Smash 4 DLC cycle other than I was really into playing Ryu

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well at least we know why the leakers were clueless about Character 5 info.

It's difficult to find something that doesn't exist yet.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Was it really that bad? I honestly can't remember the Smash 4 DLC cycle other than I was really into playing Ryu
The gaps in info were way bigger. Ultimate's has been spaced out more evenly, and the presentations with Sakurai are just more charming than the way Smash 4's information was handed out.

Last edited:

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
For an example, Mewtwo was revealed to be in development in October and actually released at the end of April. There was no new content or reveals between that.

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
Sabi never said that though.

Also I believe Sabi is non-binary, so can you please stop misgendering them? It's rude.
Yeah I was wrong. All Sabi said was that they heard of a new game not that it was at the awards, I'm not sure where I heard it was going to be at the awards.

Off topic, but Mina is the best by the way.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
From what I could tell it was Fatman who kept starting Sabi drama though and other general leaker drama
Not to dwell on it too much, but raiders brought it up. Fatman's mistake was he did not let it go. But there was no reason it should have began in the first place.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Of course I don’t want to believe it, literally all of the characters I wanted are on it. I’d even argue that speculating FP5 is now pointless for me. But sadly, its probably true.

I was just asking people what they thought about it, since I found it odd that the latest massive kill list from Verge wasn’t being brought up more.
I can relate. With Kos-Mos going out the window just about every single character that I want has been deconfirmed, literally Travis is the only one left for me. I'm more incline to believe that they won't ever happen so I just stop caring. Piranha Plant and that November 2018 Direct was a wake up call on how bad things can get.

link2702

Smash Champion
Statler: Say, what's that goose doing amongst the troupe anyway?
Waldorf: Why, it's jumping the shark for this show!
Both: Dohohohohoho!

I'm pretty sure that the PS5 design is a joke design. IIRC the same guy posted stuff like this not long before (he also made a joke tweet comparing the Series X to a Tesla model X, but he probably deleted it since he admitted he got too joke-y during TGA and needed to go to bed):

There was a problem fetching the tweet

"Did you all know i'm a senior analyst btw"
Prediction

Next xbox will be called xbox direct x:4pacman:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Now that Sabi and Vergeben have not been fully trusted, can we put all the characters back in contention?
Can you please give a fully fledged, detailed explanation on why this is the case? I’m really trying to lower my expectations after that kill list, and I’m seeing posts like this that may give me hope, but offer no basis or explanation.

Droodle

Smash Lord
We are one day closer to getting Ringabel/Edea in Smash, sorry Geno fans; but it looks like the next Square rep is Bravely...

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Not to dwell on it too much, but raiders brought it up. Fatman's mistake was he did not let it go. But there was no reason it should have began in the first place.
It was really starting to tire me out when he kept bringing up how Sabi was an absolutely terrible person and all those receipts... but at the same time in no way disproving the one thing that actually should remotely matter for a speculation thread: their actual credibility. If they’re a giant flaming asshole but actually have legitimate info, then... like, that’s kind of all a discussion about a character’s chances seriously needs to know.

Also, I know he probably means well, but absolutely nothing he’s “rumored” or hinted at recently has turned out, like a huge announcement at the Indie World event or a massive Nintendo VGAs showing.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I can relate. With Kos-Mos going out the window just about every single character that I want has been deconfirmed, literally Travis is the only one left for me. I'm more incline to believe that they won't ever happen so I just stop caring. Piranha Plant and that November 2018 Direct was a wake up call on how bad things can get.
ok doomer

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I just hope leaker worshiping stops after the game awards. I see no need to entertain or listen to Sabi and Vergeben's list of deconfirmations when they've backtracked on what they've said. They've admitted they have no idea who the next fighter is and they are on the lower end of information chain. You either know who the character is or you don't. I'm not participating in their dumb game of guess who and give them more attention if they're not gonna say who it is.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Lol good one
Well, maybe I'm exaggerating their chances; but I wouldn't be surprised if they get in over Geno at this point.

Most of the Bravely games have been published by Nintendo worldwide, and the next one is no exception. As we saw yesterday, the series is still active.The series brings in good music, and Job changing would be a new cool mechanic for Sakurai to throw into Smash. The series is also decently popular in JP too.

Honestly, I'm more surprised that (mostly) no one ever talks about a Bravely character ever getting into Smash.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Hmmm something may have accured

We got no FP5 reveal which was anticipated to some myself is one of them

Joker was revealed at vga a year ago and I believe persona is a worldwide loved series (I believe correct me if I’m not)

So maybe FP5 is either western or eastern favored due to not being shown there since not worthy of being revealed there

DeputyDalmatian

Smash Cadet
After nothing pertaining to Smash happening at the Game Awards, and with the track record of the names leakers hazy at best, I still keep going back to the Cacomallow leak. I admit, I know absolutely nothing about the modding community or coding or anything. My best understanding is that people have said the leak is technically possible to fake, but then there are certain things that are hard to replicate? I guess I get hung up on videos. With Grinch, and with a lot of past leaks, if it’s an image I get the suspicion. It’s easier to mess with. But I dunno, doesn’t gameplay bring with it a bit more merit? Plus Doom has recently seen such a surge in popularity, Doomguy has appeal to other fanbases much in the same way Snake originally had. Bringing in an FPS guy covers most genres for representation in smash. And with Geno, my own bias notwithstanding, his position as an individually purchaseable character post pass makes sense. He’s got a wide array of people who love him, but perhaps not the same draw for people who wanted a grab bag with the pass. All this coupled with a potential double reveal happening in a Nintendo Direct and I guess that just seems the most likely to me. Call me the King of Wishful Thinking though

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Between Bravely Default 2 and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is the new trendy thing in Japan to avoid the number 3?

Even when they've spent the last 10 years ripping off Blizzard, Valve's still an industry leader it seems

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
After nothing pertaining to Smash happening at the Game Awards, and with the track record of the names leakers hazy at best, I still keep going back to the Cacomallow leak. I admit, I know absolutely nothing about the modding community or coding or anything. My best understanding is that people have said the leak is technically possible to fake, but then there are certain things that are hard to replicate? I guess I get hung up on videos. With Grinch, and with a lot of past leaks, if it’s an image I get the suspicion. It’s easier to mess with. But I dunno, doesn’t gameplay bring with it a bit more merit? Plus Doom has recently seen such a surge in popularity, Doomguy has appeal to other fanbases much in the same way Snake originally had. Bringing in an FPS guy covers most genres for representation in smash. And with Geno, my own bias notwithstanding, his position as an individually purchaseable character post pass makes sense. He’s got a wide array of people who love him, but perhaps not the same draw for people who wanted a grab bag with the pass. All this coupled with a potential double reveal happening in a Nintendo Direct and I guess that just seems the most likely to me. Call me the King of Wishful Thinking though
I have the same mindset but my desire to want Geno in Smash Bros has me fearing that someone is just looking to dupe us again and the costumes are just some big brain level mod similar to the Omni-Rayman CSS leak. Why does it always have to be us? lol

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
It's kind of funny that the mods accidentally merged the Geno and Newcomer threads by locking them at the same time in regards to The Game Awards and ongoing issues.

I have the same mindset but my desire to want Geno in Smash Bros has me fearing that someone is just looking to dupe us again and the costumes are just some big brain level mod similar to the Omni-Rayman CSS leak. Why does it always have to be us? lol
It's not just Geno fans. It's any character popular in speculation from a more niche perspective. KOS-MOS has been pretty bruised this week too. And people go, "What's a Touhou/Reimu" basically every chance they get too. That's just the ****ty part of Smash speculation for you.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So do we not have a DLC speculation thread anymore? Kinda sucks it was closed because we so heavily believed the 5th character was going to be shown at the Awards only for nothing to happen lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom