• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The Game Awards 2019 - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

lmao they actually saved that ****ty looking Fast and Furious game for last. The Wolf Among Us 2 would've been a better announcement to end the show.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand cue SmashBoards meltdown.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
My first and last game awards show.

Not worth the watch.

Extremely disappointed there was no Bayonetta 3 or Smash reveal.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Shame there was no Smash. Can't say I found staying up worth it, but I probably would've been up at this point anyway. Still tired though.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Whelp another month of speculation it is...

And three hours I'll never get back besides that Fast and Furious game.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
Bamboozled. My disappoint is immeasurable and my day is ruined. Not even goddamn Bayonetta 3. You will not see me next year.

Kidding. I kept my expectations low and they delivered accordingly. Not terrible but never again. lmao

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
disappointing. Maybe a Smash direct in a couple weeks? probably wishful thinking

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Dose this board play littearly anything except Smash

Do you guys do anything other than play videogames, because holy cow, this thread hates anything not video games
SmashBoards does tend to play Smash

And uh... look, we're watching the *Game* Awards for *Game* Announcements. We aren't here for Vin Diesel and Green Day.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I expected something new on Nintendo. I got that much. I'm satisfied.

Too bad it wasn't a repeat, but no biggie.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Well, next month it is. Can't say I wasn't prepared for that.

Can I just tell that the most enjoyable thing in this event was the MUA3 DLC?

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
Congratulations to Sekiro! (Lmao people keep screaming about how they would be sucking Death Stranding) and the team

Can't wait to deal with more back and fourth whinny nonse- I mean... "Speculation"

Ladies and gents, the salt mines has officially been open!!

D

Deleted member

Great Sekiro's win, looking forward to No More Heroes 3 and Bravely II

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
I’m glad Disco Elysium got some recognition. Nice to highlight some diamonds in the rough. Also happy we got more NMH3. Bravely isn’t my thing but I’m glad for its fans.

What’s Smash again?

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm not going to lie...

I'm not really surprised by this. Nintendo has this tendency to do things on their own dime so it kind of explains why all their reveals were out of house developed.

Still, it's a shame but it does bode well for a January Direct which is REALLY exciting. January is usually a big reveal time for them.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I find it confusing that Geoff gushed over Joker's reveal for a month yet here we are.

I enjoyed the show more than I expected, but Sekiro winning as the true underdogs was the highlight. That was the game I didn't expect to win, yet here it is...

But damn, what are Nintendo, Sakurai, and Namco doing with FP5? It's been 3 months since Terry, and the wait will continue.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Dose this board play littearly anything except Smash

Do you guys do anything other than play videogames, because holy cow, this thread hates anything not video games
To be fair, I don't think it's wrong for people to want a video game event about celebrating video games to stick to just video games...

Honestly, I could accept stuff like the global gamer recognition thingie because it atleast revolved around gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom