• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The Game Awards 2019 - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

ngl guys larryboy not being revealed at tga really put a damper on this whole nintendo thing. thinking about leaving the fandom altogether idk

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Literally every game they announced looked exactly the same, I could barely tell any of them apart.
Xbox just announced a PC tower as their next console
No Sonic, No Crash, No Batman, ended on CARS

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Christ what a bore, I don't even mind no Smash announcement, even though the idea of another month in this speculation cycle sounds horrendous, but Nintendo didn't have a SINGLE first-party announcement. Absolutely NOTHING from them.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Maybe it really *is* a Nintendo character, TGA would've been a perfect time to reveal a third party character's inclusion in Smash with a wide demographic/audience. I suppose now we're counting on a Nintendo direct to give us FP5.

(Maybe the character wasn't groundbreaking enough for a worldwide reveal?)
I highly doubt that they would suddenly break the pattern they have established up to this point.

If anything, I’d argue that this would help the chances of someone like Sol Badguy or even Monokuma.

D

Deleted member

Well you guys have fun tearing eachother apart for another month
I'm gonna go play Animal Crossing on Nintendo 3DS

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Yeah, I don't care what you say, but this wasn't about ''No Smash."

This was about the sheer fact that Microsoft spent most of their game reveals on things we already knew.

Wolf Among Us 2 was great but we already knew about it we just didn't know it was still alive.

Nintendo didn't bother with anything of their own. They just showed off Square's cult series with them and another cult series that most people don't even know exists.

There was no interesting cross platform games. No interesting DLC updates for major games.

They had the potential to end the show on Microsoft revealing their new system which is probably the biggest nugget but they started the show with it....

And end with a jack off session to a blockbuster movie franchise getting a video game.

This show was BAD. It was a STINKER. With only an almost empty can of air freshner to mask the scent.

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
I'll just quote myself on this:
[...]and if for whatever reason, there's not any Smash announcement, worst case scenario, it'll come not too long later, since Nintendo is on borrowed time as they're legally obligated to have all characters released before February 2020 ends (92 days to be more exact).
And now we're currently 79 days away from that.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
I feel like half of the entire show was League of Legends/Magic the Gathering, straight up.

95% of the show at least was all fantasy/medieval/samurai stuff. (card game getting a spotlight in a video game event lol)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Also let it be known that all leakers were, in fact, blown the **** out on this joyous night.

As the former resident "leak" person on SB let me use tonight to say this:

Stop blindly listening to insiders and "speculators." Come to your own opinions apart from theirs, and stop revering them like some sort of cult or something (that ****'s just weird). Recent events have proven that they're unreliable and damaging to this community as a whole.

We all say we've had enough, yet the next time Sabi or Fatman or whoever the **** it is makes a likely false claim with no evidence whatsoever we lap it up. Let's put action behind our words and go back to speculation without letting these people ruin it.
Ultimate's entire speculation period has effectively convinced me that "leaks" have done more harm to the Smash community than good.

And at this rate, I can't even begin to imagine my opinion of them ever changing over to a positive one.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
What the sugar frosted **** was that?

They just wasted everybody's time!
Ok I get being disappointed but it's not like the entire gaming community revolves around smash, there were some cool reveals and admittedly some fun moments, so I'd hardly say time was wasted

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Can the community really withstand another 3-4 weeks of this?

The madness never ends. Pray for our souls.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Remember y'all, if you're seriously getting mad about no Smash reveal:

At the end of the day, Smash Bros. is a video game, and there's much more to life than it.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Okay so this site and everything related to Smash fan speculation, it's gonna go to **** very fast.

Imagine if they hadn't announced more DLC after this. Good god, the internet would be tearing itself apart.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Remember y'all, if you're seriously getting mad about no Smash reveal:
I ain't mad about no Smash reveal, I came in expecting that. I'm mad about no Bayonetta 3 news.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
I feel like half of the entire show was League of Legends/Magic the Gathering, straight up.

95% of the show at least was all fantasy/medieval/samurai stuff. (card game getting a spotlight in a video game event lol)
By the time they got to that second "League of Legends Experience", I was convinced we were getting Ahri or a Yordle in Smash.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Ok I get being disappointed but it's not like the entire gaming community revolves around smash, there were some cool reveals and admittedly some fun moments, so I'd hardly say time was wasted
Even ignoring smash, the reveals were abysmal! The most i can say is bravely default 2 looked pretty nice, but we already knew about NMH3 and the wolf among us!

D

Deleted member

Can the Geno and Newcomer threads be reopened?

I'm okay to wait but I think it's okay too now? Whatever works best.

Last edited by a moderator:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, I don't care what you say, but this wasn't about ''No Smash."

This was about the sheer fact that Microsoft spent most of their game reveals on things we already knew.

Wolf Among Us 2 was great but we already knew about it we just didn't know it was still alive.

Nintendo didn't bother with anything of their own. They just showed off Square's cult series with them and another cult series that most people don't even know exists.

There was no interesting cross platform games. No interesting DLC updates for major games.

They had the potential to end the show on Microsoft revealing their new system which is probably the biggest nugget but they started the show with it....

And end with a jack off session to a blockbuster movie franchise getting a video game.

This show was BAD. It was a STINKER. With only an almost empty can of air freshner can to mask the scent.
I didn’t pay attention to any leaks or news, so I didn’t know about Hellblade II or Wolf Among Us II.

Last year was better for sure, but I still enjoyed this show nonetheless.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Just wanted to say, if you're really upset or angry at the VGA, now's a good time to step away from the computer. Or at least get your mind off of tonight's events.

Play a video game for real. Read a book. Get something productive done if possible. Studies if you're in school or taking any kind of classes. Or just calm down and catch some sleep if it's super late in your timezone.

Don't let yourself stew in frustration over the lack of Smash reveals or how boring you thought the Video Game Awards were. That's the opposite of being healthy.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
Even ignoring smash, the reveals were abysmal! The most i can say is bravely default 2 looked pretty nice, but we already knew about NMH3 and the wolf among us!
I guess it comes down to personal preference, I thought Godfall looked pretty fun, and the new FF7 trailer looked really cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom