• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The future of Melee (who's going to take over?)

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
How can everyone here just make random statements about the skill of mexican smashers... honestly, if you haven't seen them irl, or seen them play top pros from around the world... everything you say means nothing.

Someone should get a fund going for them, and we can see how they stack up in the USA :)
I'm not really making random claims lol. I mean, Americans have been down there to gauge their skill, just not top players. Each time, they've had nothing but good things to say about them.

IDK i think they would make it out of pools no problem, but come on. top 3? i doubt it. especially if both jiggs are present as well as Armada. all three of them destroy spacies on a daily basis. Not to mention the fact that we have a couple of amazing spacies of our own.
I admit my claims do seem a little bit without merit, but after watching these guys play since their first vids got put up, and talking to both Mexican players who have played with them as well as American players who have played with them, it seems a little less crazy. I would not be surprised if they did not place top 7/top 3, but I also would not be surprised if they did. I believe the skill is there, but now they just need to show it. I do think our Jigglypuff players will pose a problem, though.

As far as a fund goes, I've talked to a few guys down there about it. The problem is the twins don't have their visas/passports, and I'm not sure how hard they're trying to get one. But I told them money wasn't a problem as long as they can get it sorted, cause we could easily set up a fund for them (and Mexican players would help out too.) So hopefully we'll hear more about this in the future.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
I admit my claims do seem a little bit without merit, but after watching these guys play since their first vids got put up, and talking to both Mexican players who have played with them as well as American players who have played with them, it seems a little less crazy. I would not be surprised if they did not place top 7/top 3, but I also would not be surprised if they did. I believe the skill is there, but now they just need to show it. I do think our Jigglypuff players will pose a problem, though.

As far as a fund goes, I've talked to a few guys down there about it. The problem is the twins don't have their visas/passports, and I'm not sure how hard they're trying to get one. But I told them money wasn't a problem as long as they can get it sorted, cause we could easily set up a fund for them (and Mexican players would help out too.) So hopefully we'll hear more about this in the future.

I do hope they can come soon. Theyre our closest neighbors. If europe can make it so can they.

1. Bombsoldier + Japan defeated - DONE
2. Armada + Europe defeated - DONE
3. Kage + Canada Defeated - DONE
4. Twins + Mexio Defeated - PENDING

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Does he have the actual ability to genuinely assess someone's skill?
I'm pretty sure I do. I'm a well rounded player. I live in Florida, and the player whom I could mostly related to is whom I used.

Why wouldn't I be?

Or do I need to be a top player to do that :(

It was really just my personal opinion, Wobbles. I don't want to be any sort of "official" reference to how good Javi may be, seeing as I'm only one smasher whom doesn't even really place well.

But I feel Javi is definitely high up there, and could give our top 10 close games.

shadowboii

Smash Apprentice
I have a feeling that if silent wolf doesn't live in the states, people would argue that he is the best in the world.

PB&J

Smash Hero
I have a feeling that if silent wolf doesn't live in the states, people would argue that he is the best in the world.
i remember when people thought shiz was all tech skill..then m2k came to fl..lol

silent wolf isnt the best in his country..the twins are and if you look at the other mexican players ..they look pretty good..i know eddie mexico is and the twins supposed to be way better than that..

i think its bad that alot of people cant see mind games through fast spacies..we will see when they come i guess

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
silent wolf to take over.

and mikehaggar just wondering. who do you think is the best player in the world?

Top Bottom