• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fox Video & Critique Thread - READ OP.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
Are you mother****ing serious.
he was legit, but im better, and ***** him during that match.

LMAO, that DK was terrible... and Jenkins, you should learn how to punish landing lag with grab.
the dk was good, i just put up a video where i ***** him.

and.....wifi johns.

i could ask light to get other videos of me playing legit people, but i dont really want to do that to him

Zephil

Smash Ace
nice match but wow a Fox at 199%... lol at two things

1) when you started firing lasers when he was just in your back, what you wanted to do there?
2) Fail at edgehogging falco when he firebirded twice in front of you... you would had 3 stocked him there

Jenkins

Smash Lord
nice match but wow a Fox at 199%... lol at two things

1) when you started firing lasers when he was just in your back, what you wanted to do there?
2) Fail at edgehogging falco when he firebirded twice in front of you... you would had 3 stocked him there

yeah d00d i know

but i kept messing up son.

it lagged jusssstt a bit.

and those lasers LOL they were supposed to be retreating lasers

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Lol Zephil, what happened to your avvy?

I dunno if it's still relevant to the times, but I'll be uploading some Melee Fox dittos later tonight. It was a farewell set to my good friend who is now moving onto college. I'm deciding whether to put it in the social thread or here :/.

Zephil

Smash Ace

I dunno if it's still relevant to the times, but I'll be uploading some Melee Fox dittos later tonight. It was a farewell set to my good friend who is now moving onto college. I'm deciding whether to put it in the social thread or here :/.
is innapropiate to put countries as avatars :S... nah just kidding, I asked jumpman to send me his avatar and I just add it some things to make it different from the others :laugh:

Jenkins

Smash Lord

dooo it in BOTH PLACES gasp

light get on skype or aim or both

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If all else fails you can just go with Meebo, the Poverty Instant Messenger.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
I don't even know if Macs can use MSN.
they can... just most models of mac laptops have trouble downloading it... you need a mac pro or one of the new macbook pro's to run msn without a problem other models can still run it... but id say it's luck if it works

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Good stuff MD. One thing you should stop doing is throwing out Fsmash. It's slow, laggy and it's knockback leaves much to be desired when going against heavies. There were a few points where you could've easily usmashed and instead you fsmashed. I don't know if it was a slip of the thumb or intentional but if it was intentional, don't do it.

Snake is also a master of ledgetrapping. Try not to fall for it. It happens to me quite a bit as well. If you're grounded by a ledge you had better hope that the guessing game you play with your opponent goes in your favor, otherwise you're eating like 20-50% easily and possibly lose a stock as well.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
Good stuff MD. One thing you should stop doing is throwing out Fsmash. It's slow, laggy and it's knockback leaves much to be desired when going against heavies. There were a few points where you could've easily usmashed and instead you fsmashed. I don't know if it was a slip of the thumb or intentional but if it was intentional, don't do it.

Snake is also a master of ledgetrapping. Try not to fall for it. It happens to me quite a bit as well. If you're grounded by a ledge you had better hope that the guessing game you play with your opponent goes in your favor, otherwise you're eating like 20-50% easily and possibly lose a stock as well.
lawl @ excel giving advice

:p

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Wowzerz. I just realized that I need to update this thread badly.

I will within this week probably. I miss not having to work...I miss lazy summers of doing nothing =(

DarkAura

Smash Lord

a few things i will say overall that i noticed were that you miss a lot of grabs. You should work on either spacing yourself correctly or dash grabbing your PWGing out of your shield if you opponent is out of your grab range.

One thing however i thought really affected your gameplay is that you aren't aggressive enough... Fox is ment to be a fast character and he should be all over his opponent with damage building attack what i noticed is that you played a very defensive game you would wait for your opponent to attack and then you would Punish if possible- this is good however you need to switch up your style every once and a while meaning you have to know when to play offense and when to play defense.

Other than that... points for style dude ;)

Top Bottom