• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Forest Master Rises! Sceptile for Smash Bros! Over 100 supporters!!!

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Completely support this to the max! Sceptile is a exceptional candidate for Sm4sh approved by most of the thread and Ivysaur would be proud:ivysaur:. Meganium or Serperior could rep their Gen but both as fighting characters in a smash game come off as...awkward. Serperior would have a cool move-set being a grass snake but I'm going to attempt a full-on move-set for Sceptile so bear with me.
Oh and add me to the support list Sonic Poke! Add my full move-set when I finish if you want.
EDIT: I'm making this move-set list dangerously long so forgive my fat post but it's for a dream with multiple edits.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neutral-B
Bullet Seed
Max Distance: Mid, Long
Damage: 1%, 1%, 1%, 1%, 1% = 5% max
Usage: Firing close mid range does hit-stun foes while firing long does no hit-stun. Aim diagonal on ground or airborne.

Bullet Seed(brawl) is well-rewarding rack-up damage but was escapable with SDI. So BS's change would be charging up to 5 seeds in its mouth dealing 1% a seed dealing a max 5% with flinching properties depending on distance with the choice to fire it diagonally and cancel it for other options.
NEW MECHANIC: If Sm4sh introduced diagonal aiming with all projectiles, it would broaden the use and mix-ups with Neutral-B and making aerial game more complex I'd approve of this completely.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Side-B

Razor Leaf
Max Distance: Long

Damage: 3% sourspot / 5% sweetspot
Usage: Firing softly allows better trajectory dealing 3% with light hit-stun while firing harder deals 5% with stronger hit-stun and less trajectory. charging turns into Magical Leaf.
AND

Magical Leaf
Max Distance: Very Long

Damage: 8%
Usage:
Charge your Side-B, when ready your blades on your arms glow beautiful colors firing at faster speed but sacrificing your razor leaf trajectory. Can be used after your Razor Leaf as a leaf combo.
OR--------------------
Grass Pledge
Max Distance: Very Short, Short, Mid
Damage: 2%, 4%, 6% / 4%, 8%, 12% (when used with other Pledge)
Usage: Three linear columns of grass shoot up in a wave to Mid range by pressing three times, knocking foes airborne for combos. All three can combo together. The higher the column hit, the larger the % and height will be. Can be used in combination with Fire Pledge(Charizard) or Water Pledge(Greninja) to create stronger, and different attacks.

Grass Pledge is an alternate replacement for RL/ML. I would respect this move because of it's exclusive use to only grass starters & a bonus team synergy for Charizard & Greninja promoting team-play. This bonus team utility is a big IF.
Down-B
Seed Bomb + Seed Healer
Max Distance: Long
Damage: 3%(dropped), 6%(tilt thrown), 9%(smash thrown)
Heal: 6%(dropped), 8%(tilt thrown), 10%(smash thrown)
Usage: Grabbing seeds from your back throwing in several ways & used for two different reasons you can use them to heal your allies or damage your enemies. Sceptile relying on solar energy to maintain his six nodule seeds.

Seed Bomb(P:M) had a great concept but would need to change. For a Team Battle mechanic, when thrown at your teammate they restore health %. Seed Bomb is meant to be thrown so why not give Sceptile a built-in item?
OR
Detect
Max Distance: Very Short
Damage: N/A
Usage: Holding detect protects against light attacks & projectiles while sliding back from absorbing moves. Heavy attacks e.g. smashes & fully charged projectiles drain it drastically if not left broken. Preventing from breaking, time it precisely so the gleam of light clashes with opposing hit-box to evade the move completely.

Detect's strength relies in a gleam of light appearing. After disappearing you don't last long enough to keep holding. Resembling yoshi's egg shield, the darker you get, the closer Detect breaks with glass breaking effect leaving you open.
Up-B

Agility
Max Distance: Mid, Long
Damage: 0%, 5%
Usage: Sceptile moves so fast that he's able to run around on ground or jump through the air twice. With this Sceptile's total jumps accumulate to four giving plenty of options to recover. However Sceptile Cannot use Agility for straight up vertical recovery.
Sceptile can only use Agility in a straight line twice running on ground, and Agility will only use both jumps if they take different paths so use carefully.
Examples::GCR::GCUR: or :GCDR::GCUL: or :GCDR::GCDL:
The amount of recovery options Sceptile possesses will look and feel a bit overwhelming. Each Agility jump shows Sceptile moving faster with after-imaging frames. With Agility1 being still see-able and punishable is the best time to edge-guard Sceptile stopping him before he gets the chance to use his Agility2. The first Agility is like that of Lucario's DT in PM, however the second Agility is what's truly fearsome. Racing on par with Pikachu's QA or Falco's Phantasm, Sceptile reaches lightning fast speeds almost blinking from point A to B.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
B Razor Leaf: Throws a sharp leaf from his blade arm. Like Ivysaur's attack, but the blade also does damage.

Down B Toxic: A chargeable move that discharges a stream of purple toxin at the enemy from Sceptile's mouth. Eats through shields quickly and lowers the target's defense for several seconds leading to an increase of hit-stun and damage done to said victim.

Side B Pursuit: Dashes forward. If Sceptile hits a wall, he will scale it vertically for the duration of his move. Hits opponent's backwards if he is dashing forwards and downwards if he is scaling a wall.

Up B Leaf Blade:
Vertical launch upwards and slashes his blades in a criss-cross X fashion. Can be slightly angled left or right. Does an extra 10 percent damage if the opponent is above 70 percent.

Last edited:

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
Since Palkia is a pokeball, i really hopy that groundon and kyogre have a own stage Like a spear pillar 2.
That is also the stage that sceptile should be reveald on.

Last edited:

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
First i saw kyogre in the greninja trailer, but today Sakurai said "Some kind of appearence" witch makes me belive that Kyogre is not 100% a pokeball.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
As much as I support the idea of Sceptile, and think he would be a fun and different and interesting character, I don't want Pokemon to have 7 reps, and I want Mewtwo and Jiggs back :(

Still, if Sceptile got in, I wouldn't be mad.

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
I would also like to see puffs back.
But the truth is: sceptile>puffs.

Anyway, does anyone know how to make roster icons.
There is none for mega sceptile and it really should be.

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Really? I took from that quote that some of the Pokemon might not be Pokeballs.

Doubt it pertains to Zoroark though, personally hoping Giratina is a boss.
I took it that it meant that some were pokeballs and others were parts of stages and others were well, less.

Last edited:

Xenorange

Smash Lord
My dream: Pikachu, Charizard, Mewtwo, Greninja, Lucario and Sceptile. That would be quite the sexy row on the roster.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
There's something that I just realized. If Sceptile is playable, then this means the only generation without a playable Pokemon rep will be Generation V.

I'm going to assume the most likely candidate for it is still Zoroark, yes?
Gen 2 doesn't have a rep unless pichu is back.

Sceptile has the best looking mega evolution to me...still doubt its happening, but damn its cool.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Cmon seriously, every moveset without bullet seed is a failure. That is his anime signature move
As my head shakes yes I think back when I quit watching the anime after Hoenn saga, It was all about thinking how many times Sceptile used BS...seriously BS carried Sceptile throughout his battles! That sounds weird said out loud because of us playing the games but the anime did represent Sceptile's BS to the max. I liked Ivysaur's BS(Brawl) and I support the move in his set for Sm4sh.

I really don't want his Final Smash to be a Mega Evolution.

Its like having three Landmasters. I want more amazing and spectacular final smashs, even if its a non canon move like Aura Storm.

I feel where you're going with this. As others have said previously in this thread, explain that using a pokemon's ability in the handheld games for it's FS would make Char/Gren/Scep all Lucario clones for his AuraBoost mechanic(personally I'm fine with that). But having a super flashy and powerful grass-type move alone would be sufficient for Sceptile's FS. Now that my realistic comment has been made I'd like to be naive and ignorant and express how fan****ingtastic Mega Sceptile would be! Say if Sceptile did a grasswhistle dance and everyone fell asleep under his christmas tree with presents included that exploded?!

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton

Its like having three Landmasters. I want more amazing and spectacular final smashs, even if its a non canon move like Aura Storm.

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman

Mega evolution so far as it's been implemented that we've seen is simply a transformation FS. Do you consider Wario, Yoshi, Sonic, Bowser and Mac as all having the same FS? Technically, there isn't any reason Sceptile couldn't turn into Mega Sceptile just to do one super move as his FS then turn back afterward, similar to Ganondorf.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
You know what, I support this thread.

Treeko was my only lone grass starter I ever started a pokemon game with. I usually choose water or fire type starters for the other games. If I happen to get my hands on the remakes of Ruby/Sapphire, I'm rolling with Treeko/Grovyle/Sceptile again.

Plus, I fully believe in the theory that Charizard (Fire) and Greninja(Water), will be joined by Sceptile(Grass)

Good luck to all supporters. If he is in game, I think he'll be an unlockable character, which means we won't get an official confirmation of him being in Smash 4 until the 3DS version releases, but I do believe he's in. Makes too much sense, especially now, with the whole Ruby/Sapphire remake happening.

So yeah, go Sceptile. Been a closet fan, I'm just coming out now.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
For those who think a mega final smash would feel like there are too many megas, perhaps he could tirn into mega sceptile but not be a fully controlled transformation but just turn mega to do an attack and then turn back. All of the mega evolution final smashes dont have to behave the same.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
For those who think a mega final smash would feel like there are too many megas, perhaps he could tirn into mega sceptile but not be a fully controlled transformation but just turn mega to do an attack and then turn back. All of the mega evolution final smashes dont have to behave the same.
Come to think of it, Wasn't Ash's Sceptile not fully tamed and not use all of his moves? I just read something related to that...Here!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_(252–319)
Even after evolution, Sceptile retains its rebellious personality. Ash's Sceptile is initially unable to use any attacks, due to the psychological impact of a Meganium's rejection. However, it regains the ability to use its attacks, and it later learns the SolarBeam attack.
Something like that would be a mental block unabling that Sceptile Mega Evolve, but what do you wanna see Mega Sceptile do?

Last edited:

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
So I believe if nothing else, the delayed release date can only be good news for Sceptile. Now there will only be a month and a half separating OR/AS and SSB3D. With all of this extra time, one or two more newcomers will surely be revealed, and Sceptile is liable to be one of them now that Mii, Pacman, and Palutena are done and out of the way.

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
So this is evidently what was said at the roundtable:

Q: When did they decide to include Greninja?

A: All of the characters to consider were on our internal roster from the beginning of development. We had a slot for a new Pokemon reserved, but did not way for X and Y. We decided to use Greninja well before X/Y came out, based on early reference drawings.
I added the emphasis on the "a" slot for "a" new pokemon. I don't know how to feel about this. "The beginning of development" doesn't necessarily mean day 1, all potential newcomers on a list and that's it. Could mean beginning period of some sort. But damn, "a" new pokemon? Just one? Or maybe the real emphasis should be on "new". Does this mean new in the pokemon-series terms, or new in smash terms? I'm still holding onto hope that OR/AS was being co-developed and planned alongside X/Y, which seems pretty reasonable. And that his remarks at the roundtable doesn't mean to passively deconfirm any more pokemon newcomers outside of Greninja.

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
So this is evidently what was said at the roundtable:

I added the emphasis on the "a" slot for "a" new pokemon. I don't know how to feel about this. "The beginning of development" doesn't necessarily mean day 1, all potential newcomers on a list and that's it. Could mean beginning period of some sort. But damn, "a" new pokemon? Just one? Or maybe the real emphasis should be on "new". Does this mean new in the pokemon-series terms, or new in smash terms? I'm still holding onto hope that OR/AS was being co-developed and planned alongside X/Y, which seems pretty reasonable. And that his remarks at the roundtable doesn't mean to passively deconfirm any more pokemon newcomers outside of Greninja.
But then sakurai decided that he wanted sceptile in his game, so he delayed it 2 months.
No but really i don't think sceptile will be in smash. But i still hope.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
That statement does seem bad for sceptile, but the nonstreamed interview also reiterates just how much is poorly translated from Sakurai, doesnt it, with that whole internet issue

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
That statement does seem bad for sceptile, but the nonstreamed interview also reiterates just how much is poorly translated from Sakurai, doesnt it, with that whole internet issue
That raises a good question actually. Was Sakurai speaking english during this meeting or did he have an interpreter?

An offical transcript would be nice, if it exists.

Last edited:

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
I feel that with FE almost certainly getting 3 reps, SF likely keeping 3 and Mario gaining one, that Pokemon gaining one from 6 to 7 isn't remotely unfeasible. Otherwise I'm going to have to start getting really begrudging toward Jigglypuff and Mewtwo. Sceptile still certainly has potential even if OR/AS were in fact out of the picture for Sakurai to consider when he finalized the roster, he clearly would have noticed how he is separating PT, retaining Charizard and replacing Squirtle with Greninja; would he just leave Ivy's spot vacant like that? Sceptile would have leaped right out even without the remakes.

Ugh, I'm rambling and rationalizing, that roundtable quote is really bugging me. Sal is looking pretty reliable these days, and his source said DLC was coming for Smash, so maybe Sceptile for DLC, worst case scenario? The only character I would pay money for.

Edit: I think I'm just being pessimistic. I'm coming to realize that even if the quote is wholly accurate, you can easily read it as "We had a slot reserved for some particular new Pokemon from X/Y". It doesn't necessarily mean "We had one, and only one, slot set aside for a Pokemon newcomer, and ended up going with a X/Y Pokemon" like I've been fearing.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I read it as 'a slot for ONE x/y newcome,' he knew it would be sceptile and charizard, and greninja being water worked well enough just from the design.

I' m still hopeful.

Plus, Sakurai speaks specifically to try not to give things away, that is first and foremost.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Where can I find these Q&A from roundtable? Give me a link! :)
I'm sure you can google for it; I was watching a live feed of a discussion; gamexplain, nate and tyd something, nintendo themselves were tweeting about it.

Sorry, it should be available many places, I've seen a few links around here. Questions involved the online mode/brawl, ice climbers, a few others-- and of course, when greninja was chosen.

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
They did an awesome job with Mega Sceptile.

Did anyone else see that he shoots his tail out like a missile in the or/as trailer?

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
^, that Swampert probably got x8 grass damage for overkill.

Could of been a glitched Leaf Storm except now it's Leaf Tail

Top Bottom