• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Forest Master Rises! Sceptile for Smash Bros! Over 100 supporters!!!

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
I may be a little late to the party with this connection, but Ash owns a Charizard and is confirmed to own a Greninja. The only fully evolved Grass starter that he owns (to my knowledge) is a Sceptile. The trio would make up the starters in Smash should Sceptile get revealed. PLUS, Sceptile got more recognition due to a recent Pokemon annoncement, correct?

*Note: Show mercy, I don't watch the show.
He also has a fully evolved Torterra and Leavanny though the latter isn't a starter and Torterra wasn't featured in many episodes due to Infernape being the main point of the story and he didn't evolve until very late in the season. Sceptile is the only one who has made an appearance since the season he was caught (I might be wrong on this one). One of Ash's pseudo rivals this season also has a Sceptile apparently, though this was told to me by someone else so I'm not 100% sure on the details.

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
He also has a fully evolved Torterra and Leavanny though the latter isn't a starter and Torterra wasn't featured in many episodes due to Infernape being the main point of the story and he didn't evolve until very late in the season. Sceptile is the only one who has made an appearance since the season he was caught (I might be wrong on this one). One of Ash's pseudo rivals this season also has a Sceptile apparently, though this was told to me by someone else so I'm not 100% sure on the details.
Ash's rival's name is Scottie, I believe, and he has a Grovyle right now, but Mega Sceptile was shown off in the XY & Z anime poster, and I'm pretty sure it's going to be Scotiie's. The last time Scottieand his Grovyle were seen was in the episode where his Treecko evolved while fighting Ash's Frogadier, and they developed a strong rivalry, hinting at more things to come.

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
Now that the Ballot is over, I figured I'd finally finish the moveset I started a few months ago considering I was smart enough to save most of it. I really like how Kuroganehammer presents frame data. So a lot of the statistics I'll be throwing out are from there. Also if I state the percent a character will die from a move, always assume it's from the center of FD and on whatever character is right in the middle of the weight class. I also tried to keep Sceptile in the middle ground between Greninja and Charizard, and he also will have a few borrowed moves from other Pokémon, as that seems to be a common theme between them.

Base Stats:

Jump Height- 8th

I can't find any hard data on this other than regular rankings, but this seems about right. Would replace Rosalina who is currently at 8th, putting Sceptile right behind Diddy, Sheik and Wii Fit Trainer. Greninja is 2nd and Charizard is 34th, but due to Charizard's third jump this doesn't properly reflect how high he can make it, so putting Sceptile in the middle wouldn't make sense here.

Weight-98 (19-21)

Considering Lucario's Pokedex entry lists him as 4 lbs heavier than Sceptile, and his weight is 99 in Smash I figured this was a safe spot. This also puts him right in between Charizard (115) and Greninja (94).

Run Speed- 2.04 (7th)

This was a little tricky as Greninja and Charizard are 6th and 8th on the list, and only have a .04 difference in speed. I put Sceptile right in the middle, it makes sense as his base speed is higher than Charizards and lower than Greninja's in the games. And overall seems to be a pretty fast Pokémon. This would move down Charizard to 9th, with only Sheik separating the 3 starters.

Walk Speed- 1.315 (9th)

Again, this puts Sceptile directly in between Charizard (1.2) and Greninja (1.43). Making him slightly faster than DK (1.3), and keeping him in the same range as his Run Speed.

Air Speed- 1.025 (26th)

Keeping with the theme, Sceptile is once again right in between Charizard (.87) and Greninja (1.18). This is right in the middle of the cast which is a good thing, he's by no means slow but he's also not that fast.

Fall Speed- 1.625 (19th)

Again right between Charizard (1.4) and Greninja (1.85) but this also serves a purpose, Sceptile needs to be a fast faller as if he wouldn't he would be blatantly overpowered due to how I have designed his moveset. This would make him only slightly lighter than DK, and a bit heavier than Wario.

Fast Fall Speed-2.6 (18th)

Every other character other than Ryu and Link fast falls 60% faster so Sceptile should be no different.

Air Acceleration- .06 (33rd)

Not sure what this does, so I kept with the theme and have Sceptile between Charizard (.04) and Greninja (.08)

Max Jumps- 2
Wall Jump- Yes
Wall Cling- Yes
Crawl- Yes
Tether- No
Jump Squat- 4 Frames
Soft Landing Lag- 2 Frames
Hard Landing Lag- 5 Frames

Ground Moves:

*First number after a move is the frames it hits, second is how long it's active, 3rd is how much damage it does.

Jab-Fury Swipes

Pretty standard jab, Sceptile would slash in front of him with his Leaf Blades. Would be able to either hit them with a 3rd jab as a finisher or rapid jabs that could be DI'd away from. The standard jab would have decent knockback, killing at around 170-180% but not allowing for any guaranteed followups. His Rapid Jab Finisher would do slightly less knockback, but with additional hitstun as well as sending the opponent at a more favorable angle allowing for Sceptile to follow up with another move.

Jab 1: 3-5/22/2.5%
Jab 2: 3-6/22/1.5%
Jab 3: 6-9/35/4%
Rapid Jab Finisher: 5/6/30/3%

Dash Attack- X-Scissor

Sceptile leaps forwards and crosses his blades above him, crashing them down on his opponent. The move would be pretty laggy overall but it would also be decently powerful. It would also be one of those rare moves that send your opponent somewhat downwards, causing some characters with bad recoveries to be unable to reach the stage at high percent's near the ledge, and tech chases at lower percent's. There's a sweetspot as Sceptile lands that does slightly more damage and knockback. The move would kill at around 150-160% when sweet spotted

Dash Attack: 8-14/-/10%
Dash Attack: 15-16/54/12%

F-Tilt: Pound

Sceptile turns and hits his opponent with his tail in a slow sweeping fashion. It would be able to be angled, and would do consistent knockback/damage no matter where the move connects. Depending on the angle you do the attack, and your opponents percent this move can force a tech. Very good range. Would only kill at 180+ percent near the ledge with rage.

F-Tilt (All Angles):6-10/40/4%

U-Tilt: False Swipe

Sceptile waves one of his arm blades above him from one side to the other in a similar fashion as DK's, though imagine he his a blade on his forearm that is the actual hitbox so it would have good range. It would be possible for the move to combo into itself at lower percent's on certain characters though not as badly as Mario, Pikachu, etc. Not reasonable kill move

U-Tilt: 7-12/38/6%

D-Tilt: Low Sweep

Sceptile would place his hands on the ground and quickly kick his feet out in front of him, sending the opponent downwards and away yet still close to Sceptile. Would have a chance to trip the opponent and otherwise force a tech. Not very good range Not a reasonable kill move

D-Tilt: 6-8/22/5%

F-Smash: Leaf Blade

Sceptile lunges forwards with his arms in front of him as his blades glow a dark green. He sweeps his arms in front of him, finishing with his arms behind him in somewhat of a pose for a few frames before returning to his normal stance. This would be Sceptile's most reliable kill move, though do to the pose at the end would be highly punishable when missed.

F-Smash: 14-22/68/16%

U-Smash: Grass Pledge

Sceptile slams his fists on the ground summoning a green beam of light to raise from the ground, just like Palutena's though it travels slightly less high. The move would do less knockback the higher up the beam, but if hit with the very tip of the beam at the end of it's ascent would do more. The tip would kill around 100-110, the rest of the move killing at 125-130%.

U-Smash: 20-30/65/18%(tip), 14%, 10%, 8%

D-Smash: Frenzy Plant

Sceptile would begin to glow, as tree roots erupted from the ground around him. Would come out fast enough to punish rolls, as well as being used as an anti-air. Would kill about 110-115%, but like all of Sceptiles other Smash attacks it would be highly punishable due to having to wait for the vines to come back into the ground.

D-Smash (Early): 15-16/-/15%
D-Smash (Late): 17-25/65/10%

Grabs and Throws:

Standing Grab: 15-17/33
Dash Grab: 12-13/42
Pivot Grab: 10-12/35

Pummel: Absorb

Sceptile would absorb his opponents life force, doing 2% Damage and healing Sceptile for 1%. This would be just as laggy as Robin's pummel. This is the reason for Sceptile's bad grab frame data.

F-Throw: Slam

Sceptile falls on his opponent with all of his body weight, as they crash into the ground. Below average kill power, it starts killing near the ledge at around 150-160%. Though it can give characters will bad recoveries trouble. Doesn't combo or force techs.

Weight Dependent: Yes
Damage: 8

B-Throw: Bullet Seed

Sceptile throws his opponent behind him over his shoulder, he then quickly turns around pelting his opponent with several seeds. Also forces techs at low to mid percent's. Not a combo throw, not a reliable kill throw

Damage: 2-1*8

U-Throw: ???

Sceptile hurls his opponent directly above him, again nothing fancy. Will combo at lower percent's and cause 50/50's at higher. Won't start killing until 200%.

Weight Dependent: No
Damage: 6

D-Throw: Mega Drain

Sceptile tosses his opponent down on the ground in front of him, holding them down with his tail as he absorbs some of their life force healing Sceptile 2%. This is also Sceptile's best combo throw, with guaranteed combo's up to about 90%. Not a reliable kill throw, and doesn't force a tech.

Miscellaneous:

Spot Dodge: 2-18/25
Forward Roll: 4-18/30
Back Roll: 4-18/30
Air Dodge: 2-26/30

Aerial Moves:

*Stats go hitbox active frames/frames active for/Damage/Landing Lag/Auto Cancel window*

Nair: Cut

In a similar animation as Marth and Ness's Nair, Sceptile puts his arms to the side and spins with his leaf blades exposed. Move covers behind and in front of Sceptile, more of a combo finisher/approach tool, not many potential followups but does have the potential to force a tech. Doesn't kill until 180 plus percent.

Nair: 4-8/26/4%/12/26<
Nair (Late): 8-14/26/2%/12/26<

Fair: Dual Chop

Sceptile slashes in front of him with his claws twice, the first hit linking to the second. Good combo tool, can link to itself at lower percent's and is guaranteed out of Sceptile's combo throws. Decent knockback growth makes follow ups harder at higher percents, the move starts killing around 150-160%.

Fair (1st hit): 5-8/28/4%/10/28<
Fair (2nd hit): 9-12/28/4%/10/28<

Bair: Tail Whip

Sceptile smacks his opponent with his tail, very similar animation to Charizard and Mewtwo's bair. Consistent knockback and damage throughout the move, Sceptile's best kill aerial, starting to kill at around 140-150%.

Bair: 7-15/30/8%/15/28<

U-Air: False Swipe

The same move as U-Tilt just used in the air, very good combo tool linking to itself at lower percent's, nearly impossible to kill with. Will only kill at 200+ percent, with rage, in the blastzone.

U-Air: 6-10/40/4%/8/20<

D-Air: Dragon Tail

Sceptile does a front flip, extending his tail out at the end in front of him for a powerful spike when timed and spaced correctly. Move does consistent damage and knock back through all the other hit boxes. Similar to Charizard's Nair, but with the tail being strained out at the end of the flip, with the tip of the tail functioning as the spike hitbox. This would be Sceptile's best combo escaping tool due to hits large long lasting hitbox and fast speed. Move will only be able to be auto canceled on a short hop if buffered during the jump.

D-Air: (Early): 4-16/30/6%/20/36<
D-Air: (Spike): 17-18/30/9%/20/36<
D-Air (Late): 19-20/30/6%/20/36<

Special Moves:

Neutral B: Energy Ball

Sceptile would shoot a glowing green ball out of his mouth, that would grow in size as in moves. It would be somewhat slow moving, and at the end of it's trajectory the ball would explode doing additional knock back and damage. The ball would move in a straight line, and be able to be ducked under be some characters but not the explosion at the end. If you catch someone off stage with the sweet spot, it would kill at 100%+. The move would travel slightly more than half way across Final Destination.

Neutral B (Early): 15-35/60/2%
Neutral B (Middle): 36-56/60/4%
Neutral B: (Late): 57-77/60/8%
Neutral B (Sweet Spot): 78-85/60/10%

Side B: Leech Seed

Sceptile would crouch down, shooting a set of four seeds out of the orbs of his back. The moves trajectory would be slow moving arc, with very little range (the seeds would drop about one character length away). The move would be unchangeable, so the range would be consistent. If used in the air Sceptile will be able to act sooner (12 frames) out of the animation, but the move won't travel as far. If one seed lands, the opponent is wrapped in vines that doing damage every time the opponent attacks, shields, spot dodges, rolls, air dodges, grabs, or pummels. This would heal Sceptile 2% each time as well. The move stops working after 12 seconds, or death.

Leech Seed (Grounded): 22-40/40/0%
Leech Seed (Air): 22-x*/28/0%
*x equals how long it takes for all the seeds to reach the ground, depends on how high Sceptile is in the air on how long the hitbox stays out. Sceptile is able to act well before the seeds hit the ground in most situations.

Up B: Leaf Storm

Sceptile would surround himself in a tornado of leaves that shoots him upwards at a very high speed. The move would suck opponents in closer to Sceptile and send them vertically when the move was finished. The move would be multi hit and would be able to be bent at an angle about half way through, altering the angle would also affect the way the opponent is knocked back at the end of the move. The move would be very similar to Charizards Up-B, though it would not be very useful on grounded opponents due to how quickly Sceptile moves upwards would make it possible to DI out of it. Opponents would need to be caught in a jump to suck them in and get optimal knockback. Potent kill move, but only at 100% near a blastzone. Angling the move will make it kill 20-30% later

Leaf Storm (Super Armor 3-18): 8-18/-/5%
Leaf Storm (Late): 19-30/-/2% Rehit Rate: 3
Leaf Storm (Late/Angled): 19-30/-/1%
Leaf Storm (Final Hit): 31-35/-/8%
Leaf Storm (Final Hit/Angled: 31-35/-/6%

Down B: Synthesis/Solar Beam

Sceptile crouches down to face the bulbs on his back towards the sky, Sceptile heals himself 2% per second. After 10 seconds the move is fully charged and Sceptile can use a powerful Solar Beam attack. This is Sceptile's most powerful kill move, but is very trick to land the sweet spot and a miss means a big punish. Move would start killing at around 70-80% depending on where you catch them. Weak hits have the potential to kill near the blast zone at 115-120%. Using this move in the air would cause Sceptile to stay there until the move finishes or he is hit out of it.

Synthesis: -/25/-
Solar Beam (Super Armor: 1-9): 10-15/40/22%
Solar Beam (Late): 16-60/40/10%

Final Smash: Mega Sceptile

Sceptile transforms into Mega Sceptile for the same amount of time as the other Mega Final Smashes. He is now able to shoot out his tail with the B button. Multi Hit move that carries opponents off stage. The tail returns to Sceptile once it goes off screen. Sceptile can also slash with his leaf blades doing massive damage and killing opponents at around 50-60%

Overview:

Overall Sceptile is a very fast character who would play a hit and run/footsies style of game play. Getting in and out quickly with his fast dash speed, quick normals, and good projectiles. Sceptile would have no problem tacking on damage with decently long combo's and strings. Though due to his big frame and average fall speed Sceptile would also be highly susceptible to being comboed himself. This is somewhat offset by the fact that Sceptile can heal himself a great amount with his grabs, Leech Seed, and Synthesis. Though his slow grab speed somewhat offsets this. Sceptile would also have some trouble killing, he does have a variety of options but none of them are very safe aside from his B-Air which still is only going to kill at 100% plus near the ledge. His F-Smash and D-Smash both are potent, but are highly punishable. His U-Smash would be better suited to catch your opponent recovering above you, as it is very punishable. Solar Beam will also be a great tool, but it takes very long to charge and is pretty hard to hit. Tech chasing will also be an essential part of Sceptile's gameplay as many of his moves will force the opponent to tech at certain percent's. A jumping Leech Seed is guaranteed if you can read their get-up option, which means forcing techs and hitting them with a Leech Seed would be a very important part of Sceptile's game.

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
That is so well-designed Jmacz Jmacz ! The amount of detail you put into his moveset and frame data makes me want to play Sceptile right now! I had never imagined Sceptile crawling before and now I totally want to see that in action.

I was iffy on healing for Sceptile at first, but this post gave me a better picture of how it would work and I think it's a really nice gimmick. Healing with the pummel is a good idea and balancing it out with a slow grab makes it work (is Sceptile using vines or something to grab in this moveset btw?). I do think that the healing on D-throw might be a bit overkill however, especially since that's his best combo throw.

I'd totally secondary or co-main Sceptile if he had that moveset or the one that I made many pages ago.

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
That is so well-designed Jmacz Jmacz ! The amount of detail you put into his moveset and frame data makes me want to play Sceptile right now! I had never imagined Sceptile crawling before and now I totally want to see that in action.

I was iffy on healing for Sceptile at first, but this post gave me a better picture of how it would work and I think it's a really nice gimmick. Healing with the pummel is a good idea and balancing it out with a slow grab makes it work (is Sceptile using vines or something to grab in this moveset btw?). I do think that the healing on D-throw might be a bit overkill however, especially since that's his best combo throw.

I'd totally secondary or co-main Sceptile if he had that moveset or the one that I made many pages ago.
Thank you, that means a lot. I put a lot of time into this and wanted to make sure it was as balanced as possible. I get why you think D-Throw is a bit overkill, but also remember that I made it so his other throws are just as, if not more useful depending on the percent. With how B-Throw would work, it would force a tech up to let's say 60-70%, which means a guaranteed Leech Seed if you read the get up right. I think that it would much more important to use B-Throw if you don't already have Leech Seed on your opponent, due to how it would affect the way your opponent plays. If you do, then D-Throw will be the better option. Also just because it's his best combo throw doesn't make it that great. He'd be able to get a F-Air or N-Air out of it, but the other aerials would stop working at 50-60 if they DI away kinda like Charizards. At that point U-Throw will get more utility because you'll be able to juggle them with U-Airs out of it if you can read the 50/50, and even get kills with his Up-B. F-Throw will also be useful for getting your opponent offstage and kills at higher percents. It won't be guaranteed, but it will make it possible to catch your opponent with a well spaced Energy Ball for a possible kill. D-Throw does only heal for 2%, I suppose I could change it to one. But with how slow his pummel would be, how bad his grab is, and how good his other throws are I don't see a reason.

I see Sceptile's main strategy to hit and run until he can force a tech, land a Leech Seed and then go on the aggressive. Your opponent is going to be hesitant to throw out anything so he doesn't heal you, forcing them to play very passivley. This will be where Sceptile can do major damage and force a mistake out of his opponent so he can hit one of his punishable kill moves without worry.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Now that the Ballot is over, I figured I'd finally finish the moveset I started a few months ago considering I was smart enough to save most of it. I really like how Kuroganehammer presents frame data. So a lot of the statistics I'll be throwing out are from there. Also if I state the percent a character will die from a move, always assume it's from the center of FD and on whatever character is right in the middle of the weight class. I also tried to keep Sceptile in the middle ground between Greninja and Charizard, and he also will have a few borrowed moves from other Pokémon, as that seems to be a common theme between them.

Base Stats:

Jump Height- 8th

I can't find any hard data on this other than regular rankings, but this seems about right. Would replace Rosalina who is currently at 8th, putting Sceptile right behind Diddy, Sheik and Wii Fit Trainer. Greninja is 2nd and Charizard is 34th, but due to Charizard's third jump this doesn't properly reflect how high he can make it, so putting Sceptile in the middle wouldn't make sense here.

Weight-98 (19-21)

Considering Lucario's Pokedex entry lists him as 4 lbs heavier than Sceptile, and his weight is 99 in Smash I figured this was a safe spot. This also puts him right in between Charizard (115) and Greninja (94).

Run Speed- 2.04 (7th)

This was a little tricky as Greninja and Charizard are 6th and 8th on the list, and only have a .04 difference in speed. I put Sceptile right in the middle, it makes sense as his base speed is higher than Charizards and lower than Greninja's in the games. And overall seems to be a pretty fast Pokémon. This would move down Charizard to 9th, with only Sheik separating the 3 starters.

Walk Speed- 1.315 (9th)

Again, this puts Sceptile directly in between Charizard (1.2) and Greninja (1.43). Making him slightly faster than DK (1.3), and keeping him in the same range as his Run Speed.

Air Speed- 1.025 (26th)

Keeping with the theme, Sceptile is once again right in between Charizard (.87) and Greninja (1.18). This is right in the middle of the cast which is a good thing, he's by no means slow but he's also not that fast.

Fall Speed- 1.625 (19th)

Again right between Charizard (1.4) and Greninja (1.85) but this also serves a purpose, Sceptile needs to be a fast faller as if he wouldn't he would be blatantly overpowered due to how I have designed his moveset. This would make him only slightly lighter than DK, and a bit heavier than Wario.

Fast Fall Speed-2.6 (18th)

Every other character other than Ryu and Link fast falls 60% faster so Sceptile should be no different.

Air Acceleration- .06 (33rd)

Not sure what this does, so I kept with the theme and have Sceptile between Charizard (.04) and Greninja (.08)

Max Jumps- 2
Wall Jump- Yes
Wall Cling- Yes
Crawl- Yes
Tether- No
Jump Squat- 4 Frames
Soft Landing Lag- 2 Frames
Hard Landing Lag- 5 Frames

Ground Moves:

*First number after a move is the frames it hits, second is how long it's active, 3rd is how much damage it does.

Jab-Fury Swipes

Pretty standard jab, Sceptile would slash in front of him with his Leaf Blades. Would be able to either hit them with a 3rd jab as a finisher or rapid jabs that could be DI'd away from. The standard jab would have decent knockback, killing at around 170-180% but not allowing for any guaranteed followups. His Rapid Jab Finisher would do slightly less knockback, but with additional hitstun as well as sending the opponent at a more favorable angle allowing for Sceptile to follow up with another move.

Jab 1: 3-5/22/2.5%
Jab 2: 3-6/22/1.5%
Jab 3: 6-9/35/4%
Rapid Jab Finisher: 5/6/30/3%

Dash Attack- X-Scissor

Sceptile leaps forwards and crosses his blades above him, crashing them down on his opponent. The move would be pretty laggy overall but it would also be decently powerful. It would also be one of those rare moves that send your opponent somewhat downwards, causing some characters with bad recoveries to be unable to reach the stage at high percent's near the ledge, and tech chases at lower percent's. There's a sweetspot as Sceptile lands that does slightly more damage and knockback. The move would kill at around 150-160% when sweet spotted

Dash Attack: 8-14/-/10%
Dash Attack: 15-16/54/12%

F-Tilt: Pound

Sceptile turns and hits his opponent with his tail in a slow sweeping fashion. It would be able to be angled, and would do consistent knockback/damage no matter where the move connects. Depending on the angle you do the attack, and your opponents percent this move can force a tech. Very good range. Would only kill at 180+ percent near the ledge with rage.

F-Tilt (All Angles):6-10/40/4%

U-Tilt: False Swipe

Sceptile waves one of his arm blades above him from one side to the other in a similar fashion as DK's, though imagine he his a blade on his forearm that is the actual hitbox so it would have good range. It would be possible for the move to combo into itself at lower percent's on certain characters though not as badly as Mario, Pikachu, etc. Not reasonable kill move

U-Tilt: 7-12/38/6%

D-Tilt: Low Sweep

Sceptile would place his hands on the ground and quickly kick his feet out in front of him, sending the opponent downwards and away yet still close to Sceptile. Would have a chance to trip the opponent and otherwise force a tech. Not very good range Not a reasonable kill move

D-Tilt: 6-8/22/5%

F-Smash: Leaf Blade

Sceptile lunges forwards with his arms in front of him as his blades glow a dark green. He sweeps his arms in front of him, finishing with his arms behind him in somewhat of a pose for a few frames before returning to his normal stance. This would be Sceptile's most reliable kill move, though do to the pose at the end would be highly punishable when missed.

F-Smash: 14-22/68/16%

U-Smash: Grass Pledge

Sceptile slams his fists on the ground summoning a green beam of light to raise from the ground, just like Palutena's though it travels slightly less high. The move would do less knockback the higher up the beam, but if hit with the very tip of the beam at the end of it's ascent would do more. The tip would kill around 100-110, the rest of the move killing at 125-130%.

U-Smash: 20-30/65/18%(tip), 14%, 10%, 8%

D-Smash: Frenzy Plant

Sceptile would begin to glow, as tree roots erupted from the ground around him. Would come out fast enough to punish rolls, as well as being used as an anti-air. Would kill about 110-115%, but like all of Sceptiles other Smash attacks it would be highly punishable due to having to wait for the vines to come back into the ground.

D-Smash (Early): 15-16/-/15%
D-Smash (Late): 17-25/65/10%

Grabs and Throws:

Standing Grab: 15-17/33
Dash Grab: 12-13/42
Pivot Grab: 10-12/35

Pummel: Absorb

Sceptile would absorb his opponents life force, doing 2% Damage and healing Sceptile for 1%. This would be just as laggy as Robin's pummel. This is the reason for Sceptile's bad grab frame data.

F-Throw: Slam

Sceptile falls on his opponent with all of his body weight, as they crash into the ground. Below average kill power, it starts killing near the ledge at around 150-160%. Though it can give characters will bad recoveries trouble. Doesn't combo or force techs.

Damage: 8

B-Throw: Bullet Seed

Sceptile throws his opponent behind him over his shoulder, he then quickly turns around pelting his opponent with several seeds. Also forces techs at lower percent's. Not a combo throw, not a reliable kill throw

Damage: 2-1*8

U-Throw: ???

Sceptile hurls his opponent directly above him, again nothing fancy. Will combo at lower percent's and cause 50/50's at higher. Won't start killing until 200%.

D-Throw: Mega Drain

Sceptile tosses his opponent down on the ground in front of him, holding them down with his tail as he absorbs some of their life force healing Sceptile 2%. This is also Sceptile's best combo throw, with guaranteed combo's up to about 90%. Not a reliable kill throw, and doesn't force a tech.

Miscellaneous:

Spot Dodge: 2-18/25
Forward Roll: 4-18/30
Back Roll: 4-18/30
Air Dodge: 2-26/30

Aerial Moves:

*Stats go hitbox active frames/frames active for/Damage/Landing Lag/Auto Cancel window*

Nair: Cut

In a similar animation as Marth and Ness's Nair, Sceptile puts his arms to the side and spins with his leaf blades exposed. Move covers behind and in front of Sceptile, more of a combo finisher/approach tool, not many potential followups but does have the potential to force a tech. Doesn't kill until 180 plus percent.

Nair: 4-8/26/4%/12/26<
Nair (Late): 8-14/26/2%/12/26<

Fair: Dual Chop

Sceptile slashes in front of him with his claws twice, the first hit linking to the second. Good combo tool, can link to itself at lower percent's and is guaranteed out of Sceptile's combo throws. Decent knockback growth makes follow ups harder at higher percents, the move starts killing around 150-160%.

Fair (1st hit): 5-8/28/4%/10/28<
Fair (2nd hit): 9-12/28/4%/10/28<

Bair: Tail Whip

Sceptile smacks his opponent with his tail, very similar animation to Charizard and Mewtwo's bair. Consistent knockback and damage throughout the move, Sceptile's best kill aerial, starting to kill at around 140-150%.

Bair: 7-15/30/8%/15/28<

U-Air: False Swipe

The same move as U-Tilt just used in the air, very good combo tool linking to itself at lower percent's, nearly impossible to kill with. Will only kill at 200+ percent, with rage, in the blastzone.

U-Air: 6-10/40/4%/8/20<

D-Air: Dragon Tail

Sceptile does a front flip, extending his tail out at the end in front of him for a powerful spike when timed and spaced correctly. Move does consistent damage and knock back through all the other hit boxes. Similar to Charizard's Nair, but with the tail being strained out at the end of the flip, with the tip of the tail functioning as the spike hitbox. This would be Sceptile's best combo escaping tool due to hits large long lasting hitbox and fast speed. Move will only be able to be auto canceled on a short hop if buffered during the jump.

D-Air: (Early): 4-16/30/6%/20/36<
D-Air: (Spike): 17-18/30/9%/20/36<
D-Air (Late): 19-20/30/6%/20/36<

Special Moves:

Neutral B: Energy Ball

Sceptile would shoot a glowing green ball out of his mouth, that would grow in size as in moves. It would be somewhat slow moving, and at the end of it's trajectory the ball would explode doing additional knock back and damage. The ball would move in a straight line, and be able to be ducked under be some characters but not the explosion at the end. If you catch someone off stage with the sweet spot, it would kill at 100%+. The move would travel slightly more than half way across Final Destination.

Neutral B (Early): 15-35/60/2%
Neutral B (Middle): 36-56/60/4%
Neutral B: (Late): 57-77/60/8%
Neutral B (Sweet Spot): 78-85/60/10%

Side B: Leech Seed

Sceptile would crouch down, shooting a set of four seeds out of the orbs of his back. The moves trajectory would be slow moving arc, with very little range (the seeds would drop about one character length away). The move would be unchangeable, so the range would be consistent. If used in the air Sceptile will be able to act sooner (12 frames) out of the animation, but the move won't travel as far. If one seed lands, the opponent is wrapped in vines that doing damage every time the opponent attacks, shields, spot dodges, rolls, air dodges, grabs, or pummels. This would heal Sceptile 2% each time as well. The move stops working after 12 seconds, or death.

Leech Seed (Grounded): 22-40/40/0%
Leech Seed (Air): 22-x*/28/0%
*x equals how long it takes for all the seeds to reach the ground, depends on how high Sceptile is in the air on how long the hitbox stays out. Sceptile is able to act well before the seeds hit the ground in most situations.

Up B: Leaf Storm

Sceptile would surround himself in a tornado of leaves that shoots him upwards at a very high speed. The move would suck opponents in closer to Sceptile and send them vertically when the move was finished. The move would be multi hit and would be able to be bent at an angle about half way through, altering the angle would also affect the way the opponent is knocked back at the end of the move. The move would be very similar to Charizards Up-B, though it would not be very useful on grounded opponents due to how quickly Sceptile moves upwards would make it possible to DI out of it. Opponents would need to be caught in a jump to suck them in and get optimal knockback. Potent kill move, but only at 100% near a blastzone. Angling the move will make it kill 20-30% later

Leaf Storm (Super Armor 3-18): 8-18/-/5%
Leaf Storm (Late): 19-30/-/2% Rehit Rate: 3
Leaf Storm (Late/Angled): 19-30/-/1%
Leaf Storm (Final Hit): 31-35/-/8%
Leaf Storm (Final Hit/Angled: 31-35/-/6%

Down B: Synthesis/Solar Beam

Sceptile crouches down to face the bulbs on his back towards the sky, Sceptile heals himself 2% per second. After 10 seconds the move is fully charged and Sceptile can use a powerful Solar Beam attack. This is Sceptile's most powerful kill move, but is very trick to land the sweet spot and a miss means a big punish. Move would start killing at around 70-80% depending on where you catch them. Weak hits have the potential to kill near the blast zone at 115-120%. Using this move in the air would cause Sceptile to stay there until the move finishes or he is hit out of it.

Synthesis: -/25/-
Solar Beam (Super Armor: 1-9): 10-15/40/22%
Solar Beam (Late): 16-60/40/10%

Final Smash: Mega Sceptile

Sceptile transforms into Mega Sceptile for the same amount of time as the other Mega Final Smashes. He is now able to shoot out his tail with the B button. Multi Hit move that carries opponents off stage. The tail returns to Sceptile once it goes off screen. Sceptile can also slash with his leaf blades doing massive damage and killing opponents at around 50-60%

Overview:

Overall Sceptile is a very fast character who would play a hit and run/footsies style of game play. Getting in and out quickly with his fast dash speed, quick normals, and good projectiles. Sceptile would have no problem tacking on damage with decently long combo's and strings. Though due to his big frame and average fall speed Sceptile would also be highly susceptible to being comboed himself. This is somewhat offset by the fact that Sceptile can heal himself a great amount with his grabs, Leech Seed, and Synthesis. Though his slow grab speed somewhat offsets this. Sceptile would also have some trouble killing, he does have a variety of options but none of them are very safe aside from his B-Air which still is only going to kill at 100% plus near the ledge. His F-Smash and D-Smash both are potent, but are highly punishable. His U-Smash would be better suited to catch your opponent recovering above you, as it is very punishable. Solar Beam will also be a great tool, but it takes very long to charge and is pretty hard to hit. Tech chasing will also be an essential part of Sceptile's gameplay as many of his moves will force the opponent to tech at certain percent's. A jumping Leech Seed is guaranteed if you can read their get-up option, which means forcing techs and hitting them with a Leech Seed would be a very important part of Sceptile's game.
Oh wow. This moveset is incredibly detailed and well-thought out, way more than mine. Darn now I really want Sceptile in the game even more.

Dendros

Smash Apprentice
one criticism on your move-set for sceptile. with D-throw being a reliable combo throw and healing him what is the point of the other throws? would you always always want get that extra heal. I think his pummel should be buffed slightly and d-throw not heal him.

I love his specials and his Final smash though. Synthesis/Solarbeam would be awesome to see IRL (like project M Ivysaur)

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
one criticism on your move-set for sceptile. with D-throw being a reliable combo throw and healing him what is the point of the other throws? would you always always want get that extra heal. I think his pummel should be buffed slightly and d-throw not heal him.

I love his specials and his Final smash though. Synthesis/Solarbeam would be awesome to see IRL (like project M Ivysaur)
But I gave every other throw a use? Or at least I tried to. F-Throw has the potential to kill at higher percents, even earlier against characters with bad recovers due to the angle it would send opponents (down and away). And it would also set up very nicely for an off-stage Energy Ball which has the potential to kill pretty early. B-Throw would force a tech up to let's say 50-60% even higher with bad DI, read their get up and you get yourself a free Leech Seed. I feel like B-Throw is better than D-Throw at these percents, unless you already have a Leech Seed on your opponent. U-Throw would also be better if you want to juggle them above you with U-Airs. This would be possible with D-Throw at some percents, but eventually they would be able to DI away and only F-Air and N-Air would work. U-Throw would stop true comboing earlier than D-Throw, but it would allow for dangerous 50/50s that D-Throw doesn't at higher percents. The throw you use really depends on a lot of different things, and depending on the character, their percent, where they are on the stage, and what your rage is every throw would have its use.

Need to get a Leech Seed? B-Throw.

Combo across the stage with F-Airs and N-Airs? D-Throw

U-Air juggles? U-Throw

Grabbed their ledge get up? F-Throw

50/50 at kill percents? U-Throw

Need a little extra healing to make you feel safe? D-Throw

Think of Sceptiles D-Throw like Charizard's but it heals 2%. At low mid percents it's a great combo throw. But once your opponent DI's away at kill percents there isn't much you can do. Sure you can hit a Fair or a Nair at higher percent, but at that point they aren't going to link to anything else, and they aren't going to kill either. Any amount of rage makes it stop working even earlier. So even though you could true combo with F-Air or N-Air at up to about 90%, it's unlikely to ever happen because of Rage and DI.

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Who do you think are the likeliest characters to be chosen from the Smash Ballot? I think Wolf, Inklings, and Chibi-Robo have high chances.

Honestly, even if Sceptile doesn't get into Smash or Pokken, it will be okay. I'm already satisfied with the amount of popularity he has, having had an important role in the anime as one of Ash Ketchum's main Pokémon, being the only Hoenn starter available in Pokémon Conquest and receiving a Dragon-typed Mega Evolution with an awesome design.

Last edited:

M16s PwN

Smash Cadet
Who do you think are the likeliest characters to be chosen from the Smash Ballot? I think Wolf, Inklings, and Chibi-Robo have high chances.

Honestly, even if Sceptile doesn't get into Smash or Pokken, it will be okay. I'm already satisfied with the amount of popularity he has, having had an important role in the anime as one of Ash Ketchum's main Pokémon, being the only Hoenn starter available in Pokémon Conquest and receiving a Dragon-typed Mega Evolution with an awesome design.
Still praying for Snake. He has a metric butt-ton of support (Including myself).

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

Hmm...It's possible there might be more DLC characters than we originally thought...
But when were CSS logistics ever going to limit how many DLC characters they made? From a design standpoint, that just doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303

Hmm...It's possible there might be more DLC characters than we originally thought...
I theorized about this on my own long before this came up. This is why I so strongly believe that we're getting six. Got bored and made what I think (Not what I'd like) we'll end up seeing.
Inkling and Wolf would be pre-ballot, with King K. Rool, Isaac, Dixie Kong, and Krystal from the ballot. Krystal is in a debatable position, as her slot could fall to Snake if all the 3rd Party stuff doesn't get in the way.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I theorized about this on my own long before this came up. This is why I so strongly believe that we're getting six. Got bored and made what I think (Not what I'd like) we'll end up seeing.
Inkling and Wolf would be pre-ballot, with King K. Rool, Isaac, Dixie Kong, and Krystal from the ballot. Krystal is in a debatable position, as her slot could fall to Snake if all the 3rd Party stuff doesn't get in the way.
There isnt much to debate on Krystal's position.... I think you are allowing Fanboyism to overcompensate any form of logic.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
There isnt much to debate on Krystal's position.... I think you are allowing Fanboyism to overcompensate any form of logic.
Lol. No. I was going off of the Source Gaming Poll and eliminating characters who could have something preventing them from joining the roster. Krystal was in the Top 10 and her place isn't because of fanboyism. It's logical based on what sources I took into account, unlike hate.

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
That list is just to predictable, I just can't see it going down like that. There are going to be at least one or two surprises that people really didn't see coming. I wouldn't be surprised if that was 4/6 of them though.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I can't help but feel like most of the Ballot choices will be veterans. They're very popular in Japan, and bringing back filler like Young Link and Pichu just genuinely feels like something that Sakurai would do. We already have three Marths in the game, after all. Vets are also much easier to put in than newcomers, as they already have movesets that would only need some tweaking here and there. Would I much rather have newcomers? Yes. I would. But I'm trying to set realistic expectations so I don't end up being too disappointed.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I can't help but feel like most of the Ballot choices will be veterans. They're very popular in Japan, and bringing back filler like Young Link and Pichu just genuinely feels like something that Sakurai would do. We already have three Marths in the game, after all. Vets are also much easier to put in than newcomers, as they already have movesets that would only need some tweaking here and there. Would I much rather have newcomers? Yes. I would. But I'm trying to set realistic expectations so I don't end up being too disappointed.
To be fair, there are not a lot of plausible veterans left. There is Wolf, that goes without saying. Secondly, Snake, I suppose. Albeit, given Konami's blatant incompetence resulting in, what I can only assume, no gaming company desiring to collaborate with them; Snake is not feasible. If he were intended in the first place, he would have been on the disc. After that, Ice Climbers, quite literally an impossibility if they were to return in the form that people want/expect them. We could always get a variation of Ice Climbers with tweaks and whatnot; however, not unlike Snake, such actions would have been taken prior to launch.

That leaves Squirtle, Ivysaur, Pichu, and Young Link. I could see the aforementioned scenario you brought to our attention. But only as last minute additions after some newcomers. I doubt Ivysaur threatens Sceptile because Sakurai would introduce an inherent imbalance if he developed one of the two (Squirtle/Ivysaur) without the other.

It is a real possibility. But not a very likely one, in my opinion.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Honestly, I feel like Wolf is the only veteran with a real notable chance. Konami's rapid decline and bad blood toward both Nintendo and Hideo Kojima as of late makes Snake less plausible, the Ice Climbers were done in by technical issues that'll be even harder to overcome with a smaller team, Squirtle and Ivysaur seem to have pretty small support bases as they were more expected than anything, and Young Link and Pichu are heavily divisive at best, and unlike Roy, they weren't planned for Brawl!

Lol. No. I was going off of the Source Gaming Poll and eliminating characters who could have something preventing them from joining the roster. Krystal was in the Top 10 and her place isn't because of fanboyism. It's logical based on what sources I took into account, unlike hate.
He speaks the truth. Krystal has actually been gaining supporters over the last few months, much of that support is based around her moveset potential--something Sakurai has said his team specifically looks for, and she was even considered for Brawl, meaning they're already aware of her.

Not that it affects Sceptile's chances, anyway.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Any source claiming to know something about the poll results is absurd, because we dont even know what is being considered for the poll.
Im a big fan of source gaming, and they have the best poll regarding others' votes for the website. That said, you cant poll people on an opinion when we are trying to figure out a fact. We dont know the criteria of what is important for the smash poll, and internet polls, even their well crafted one, can only take into account people who frequent gaming websites in the first place. It is so far removed from indicating an actual result, this makes your point of reference neither primary, secondary, or even tertiary source of evidence.

That makes it maybe a good idea on who is popular, but has nothing to do with Nintendo. That said, snide remarks added into your post, insinuating that I hate Krystal and that this is why I find her unreasonable, really do prove my fanboy point. Back in Brawl she was one of my top 7 desired characters.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
This news is unrelated to Smash, but...
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/10/2...larity/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Apparently, one arcade in Japan is removing Pokken Tournament. I wonder why. I suspect the shallow roster might be a significant factor. You have hundreds of different Pokemon you could put into the game, and yet, there are only ten fighters, with TWO of them being Pikachu! Not only that, but many of the Pokemon that are in Pokken are boring, safe choices and/or are already playable in Sm4sh, ruining the surprise factor. Not all the gens are represented, and there is a bothersome lack of types like Grass and Dragon (Mega Zard X doesn't count). What was Namco thinking...?

Gamezraptor011

Smash Rookie
This news is unrelated to Smash, but...
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/10/2...larity/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Apparently, one arcade in Japan is removing Pokken Tournament. I wonder why. I suspect the shallow roster might be a significant factor. You have hundreds of different Pokemon you could put into the game, and yet, there are only ten fighters, with TWO of them being Pikachu! Not only that, but many of the Pokemon that are in Pokken are boring, safe choices and/or are already playable in Sm4sh, ruining the surprise factor. Not all the gens are represented, and there is a bothersome lack of types like Grass and Dragon (Mega Zard X doesn't count). What was Namco thinking...?
Great....now we have two games lacking Grass types.

Though I promise you, things will be a lot different for the Wii U version. And the roster still has a bit to go before its done, I mean just look at it!

Only the final 2 Gens aren't represented. And whether he's the type or not Charizard is decent representation for Dragons considering his overall appearance. While interesting choices may be lacking with certain characters, you can't have a roster filled with nothing but "Jigglypuffs". I personally feel that Suicune and Gardevoir present this "diverse choices" well. Gardey because her counterparts 10x more suitable for this game than she is, as well as her design not looking like it would be suited to a fighting game at all; and Suicune doesn't really need an explanation in this case. As for the orher types, they'll probably be presented in the form of more fighters later (I can see Zoroark and Hawlucha filling in for the last 2 gens, and Sceptile possibly taking for the grass slot)

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Also worth mentioning that a recent update of the game added room for another column on each side of the CSS. Where there was only room for 14 characters before, now there's room for 20...and since they've expanded it once, it could happen again.

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
Waiiit, did someone say that Gardevoir wasn't suitable for a fighting game? Allow me to bring up Type: Wild for the PC/Mac, in which she was a genuine playable character who, despite having an air dash like Gengar (who's also in Pokken. This can't be a mere coincidence....), had a rather defensive zoning style, which seems to be what she has in Pokken as well, yet she seems capable of following up one of her hits (including what looks to be a wakeup DP!) into actual good damage in Pokken. It didn't help that she didn't exactly have legit combos in Type Wild without needing Future Sight sent out, unlike the traditional jump-in combos that Blaziken & Lucario had (both of whom are also in Pokken), especially with the Jumping HP/HK --> Standing HP xx HP Force Palm (QCB + HP) linking into Standing HP xx Metal Claw (DP + HP) combo that Lucario was capable of.

I mained Gardevoir in Type:Wild, alongside Swalot (Bottom tier love~) and Gengar (Air Dasher #2, even though he's actually among Top 5. Plus, Air Dash --> HP or HK --> Standing HK xx Poison Jab (QCF + Any Punch) is such a fun & good combo), and I'd definitely consider her among Top 5, despite her lack of Future Sight-less combos (though she can follow up on her Psychic command grab if she's close by enough), for being able to air dash in a fighter where the majority of the cast cannot do so is a very powerful ability to have. Just look at Eva-Beatrice and Frederica Bernkastel from Ougon Musou Kyoku Cross (aka, the Umineko no Naku Koro ni 2D fighter). :p
Plus, her command grab basically forces the opponent all the way across the stage, which helps reinforce her defenses (Free Future Sight as okizeme~). With her having been in Type: Wild prior to Pokken, I can definitely understand how & why Gardevoir got to be in Pokken, alongside Blaziken and Gengar, despite Type: Wild being an unofficial fan-game from a few years ago.

Also, while we're waiting to see if Sceptile makes it into either Pokken or Sm4sh, we can at least check out his legit cool Mugen incarnation, despite its rather terribad reputation (I've seen thee LiquidKen livestream some actual Mugen matches amongst his crew some weeks ago on Twitch, so at least a big famous name within our community seems to like it).

http://mugen.wikia.com/wiki/Sceptile/Jetgoshi_&_Dylanius9000's_version

I play as him quite frequently, alongside Zangoose, Gladiazard, DJHannibalRoyce's Duck Hunt Dog, and of course MegaYoshi. I can definitely tell you that Mugen!Sceptile has legit combos and the movement speed to get close enough to land them.

In fact, here's a few to get us started:
Standing LP --> St. HP/HK xx Any Special or even Super that you want.
Crouching LP --> Cr. LK --> Cr. HP xx Any Special or even Super that you want. I personally like using QCB + 2 Kicks at this point if I have at least 1/2 of 1 bar of super meter, because it then links into St. LP --> HP xx DP (Forward to Down to Down Forward) + 2 Punches, which can be infinitely repeatable until you run out of super meter, which is when you link into Forward Jump LP --> LK --> HK. If you don't care about keeping your opponent locked into the corner, or if you're trying to escape the corner while putting your opponent in it, you can instead use HP after LK in the previously stated chain, which CAN be reliably followed up by Quick Attack (Back for half a second and then forward + Any Kick. Only the Ground version can be EX'd, which makes it like Street Fighter Claw/Vega/Balrog's Sky High Claw in terms of movement style, which won't combo, due to its startup being too high & its travel distance being too far back before reaching the opponent)

So to more cleanly sum it up:
Standing LP --> St. HP/HK
OR
Crouching LP --> Cr. LK --> Cr. HP
xx
Dragon Tail (QCB + Both Kicks) AKA, EX Iron Tail
LINKS INTO
St. LP --> St. HP
xx
Fury Cutter (DP + Both Punches) AKA, EX Leaf Blade
LINKS INTO
Forward Jump --> LP --> LK --> HK (combo ends here) OR HP
xx
Quick Attack (Back for half a second and then forward + Any Kick. You can simply start charging for this WHILE you're in the middle of jumping forward, which is enough time for the hold back requirement to be fulfilled)

Oh, and virtually every single button (LP LK HP HK) is cancellable into either Specials OR Supers, yet for reasons I don't know, Specials canNOT cancel into Supers, nor can his ground normals safely combo into any of his Supers. :confused:

Seeing as how I am posting here, I suppose you could count me in as a supporter for Pokken at least, since the Sm4sh Ballot's been over for at least 2 weeks now.
At least Mugen!Sceptile has some pretty cool ideas for what his potential Pokken or Sm4sh incarnations could be like.

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
1445699967435.jpg

Well, some more screenshots were revealed for the upcoming Pokémon XY & Z season. One of them confirms that Sawyer's (the green-haired boy) Mega Sceptile will be facing off against Ash-Greninja. I hope Sceptile wins!

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
View attachment 79747

Well, some more screenshots were revealed for the upcoming Pokémon XY & Z season. One of them confirms that Sawyer's (the green-haired boy) Mega Sceptile will be facing off against Ash-Greninja. I hope Sceptile wins!
All these years, and Ash still jumps into matches where his mons have a blatant type disadvantage? When is this kid ever going to learn basic strategy? >_>

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
All these years, and Ash still jumps into matches where his mons have a blatant type disadvantage? When is this kid ever going to learn basic strategy? >_>
As much as I want Sceptile to win, the writers have never really let type matchups stop Ash from winning matches before. The Pokémon anime is infamous for straight up pulling things out of their behind. Remember Ash's Pikachu beating Brock's Onix with an Electric move? Remember Thunder Armor? Remember Pikachu losing to a Snivy even though it took down a Latios in a previous battle? Remember Ash's Pikachu losing to Viola's Surskit during the first battle against her? Remember Ash's Hawlucha being hit by Bone Rush in the Korrina match despite the fact that Hawlucha is part Flying type and therefore should be immune to Ground moves? The writers could easily pull the same kind stuff for this battle. I wouldn't put it past them.

EDIT: http://smashboards.com/threads/wii-u-3ds-character-boards-closure.421500/
Well, this sucks. It looks like this thread will only be around for one more week.

Last edited:

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
As much as I want Sceptile to win, the writers have never really let type matchups stop Ash from winning matches before. The Pokémon anime is infamous for straight up pulling things out of their behind. Remember Ash's Pikachu beating Brock's Onix with an Electric move? Remember Thunder Armor? Remember Pikachu losing to a Snivy even though it took down a Latios in a previous battle? Remember Ash's Pikachu losing to Viola's Surskit during the first battle against her? Remember Ash's Hawlucha being hit by Bone Rush in the Korrina match despite the fact that Hawlucha is part Flying type and therefore should be immune to Ground moves? The writers could easily pull the same kind stuff for this battle. I wouldn't put it past them.

EDIT: http://smashboards.com/threads/wii-u-3ds-character-boards-closure.421500/
Well, this sucks. It looks like this thread will only be around for one more week.
Well do we know if Ash's Greninja has Protean?

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I'm a bit worried if we make a Sceptile thread and have it be part of a large group, then all of the opinions of different supporters will clash. Would it be possible if someone made a new Sceptile thread, but kept it separate?

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
I'm a bit worried if we make a Sceptile thread and have it be part of a large group, then all of the opinions of different supporters will clash. Would it be possible if someone made a new Sceptile thread, but kept it separate?
Yeah, in that group there are a bunch of individual character threads that people are moving there in preparation for the 31st. I guess I'll do Sceptile since nobody else has.

Thread up: http://smashboards.com/threads/a-leaf-storm-brews-sceptile-for-smash.421608/

I also posted my moveset in the OP since I apparently didn't post mine in this thread.

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Yeah, in that group there are a bunch of individual character threads that people are moving there in preparation for the 31st. I guess I'll do Sceptile since nobody else has.

Thread up: http://smashboards.com/threads/a-leaf-storm-brews-sceptile-for-smash.421608/

I also posted my moveset in the OP since I apparently didn't post mine in this thread.
Thank you so much. You're a saint.

Well do we know if Ash's Greninja has Protean?
I don't know to be honest, but some have speculated that Ash's Greninja is able to transform due to Protean, so he might have it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom