• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Forest Master Rises! Sceptile for Smash Bros! Over 100 supporters!!!

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Dat Swampert beef. He looks the coolest and I would prefer it over Spectile IF he would stay in mega form the entire match instead of just during a Final Smash. Since that wouldn´t be the case, gogo Sceptile for SSB4!.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Mega Sceptile looks cool, but expected. I like what they did with Swampert and Diancie more. Diance might be one of my faves now

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Rotom-H, the second most useful, would murder Sceptile in a brutal display, though.
Well, sceptile with dragon is only neutral to Rotom H, so if his special defense is buffed enough he really only needs to tank one overheat and he should be fine.

EDIT: Also going back to the guy who said unburden was better than Lightningrod remember this, Unburden is literally COMPLETELY useless on mega sceptile XP

Last edited:

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
Im too late once again...
Design and type wise mega Sceptile turned out exactly how i wanted, he got to be in smash now! Not sure about that lightningrod tho.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yea i think you guys are overrated sceptile a little bit.

I mean i really doubt he can top mewtwo and jigglypuffs chances. Besides we believe the game was made a little too late. For promotion.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768

I mean i really doubt he can top mewtwo and jigglypuffs chances. Besides we believe the game was made a little too late. For promotion.
Jigglypuff...Just no, keep your sleeping puffball away from my 3Ds, but keep him near my Gamecube.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Moveset still not in OP QQ
Mega Sceptile Hype SSB4 post go

HeroG

Smash Apprentice
I doubt it Stevens signature pokemon is metagross but he's using a mega charizard x, Honestly kinda killed my hype for my favorite champion so I hope I'm wrong.
http://youtu.be/5g4c7n6WUO8?t=7m40s
The demo of XY had Sycamore giving you a mega mewtwo Y and battles with pokemon he never uses in the actual games. I don't think Steven will actually have ZardX. Oh yeah and its level 100

Last edited:

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
http://youtu.be/5g4c7n6WUO8?t=7m40s
The demo of XY had Sycamore giving you a mega mewtwo Y and battles with pokemon he never uses in the actual games. I don't think Steven will actually have ZardX.
Steven's Xard is probably going to be a demonstration for Mega Evolution, and his team from Ruby / Sapphire will remain as champion.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord

Sceptile will never enter before Jigglys and Mewtwo. If it's going to enter, it's alongside of Jigglys and Mewtwo.
Seven is not too much for pokemon, we had six in brawl.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Sceptile will never enter before Jigglys and Mewtwo. If it's going to enter, it's alongside of Jigglys and Mewtwo.
We have 5 Mario reps, 5 Zelda reps (including Ganondorf, who is probably going to be included), so I don't have a problem with 7 either.
I DO have a problem with 45,927.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
We have 5 Mario reps, 5 Zelda reps (including Ganondorf, who is probably going to be included), so I don't have a problem with 7 either.
I DO have a problem with 45,927.
Of course. And we may consider that we have DK, Wario and Yoshi, all born from marioverse.
And a sixth Zelda rep is a thing.

Cpt.

Smash Lord

There is a strong chance that gamefreak told the smash devs that they were remaking gen 2. There is also a strong chance that they pushed a gen 2 poke at the smash devs because that is what gamefreak always does. There is a fire starter and a water starter, grass would only make sense. I think that all three could make it in actually, but I don't think that Mewtwo/Jiggs hurts Sceptile's chances. Only another starter poke could hurt a starter pokes chances IMO.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Sceptile can definitely get in over Mewtwo, but not Jigglypuff. And lets be real, we're not getting seven Pokemon.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

The game was in development while SSB4 was. We can easily have him as well.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
There's something that I just realized. If Sceptile is playable, then this means the only generation without a playable Pokemon rep will be Generation V.

I'm going to assume the most likely candidate for it is still Zoroark, yes?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
There's something that I just realized. If Sceptile is playable, then this means the only generation without a playable Pokemon rep will be Generation V.

Nah s/he is a pokeball pokemon apparently.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
It's Genesect. And if Gen II will get a rep someday, I'd say that it's between Pichu, as an Alt. and Tyranitar, because it's heavily promoted. But it's a Smash 5 thought. But I'd love Zoroark more, anyway.

Last edited:

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
I love how everyone though Zoroark was going to be a character in smash at the announcement, and then Gen 6 came around and that all was thrown into the Pacific and eaten by 47 Megalodons.

Wait... Smash 5, Gen 5... ZOROARK CONFIRMED
On the topic of Sceptile, the only Gen 3 rep I think would be more probable is Blaziken, mainly because of how promoted he was pre-XY.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
My christmas jokes were beaten, damn!

Actually, the numerical data suggests they were not made too late. Furthermore, since two pokemon have been added to each game, even if the games had been made too late, it still would have been very possible Sceptile would have been heavily on the considered side.

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
My christmas jokes were beaten, damn!

Actually, the numerical data suggests they were not made too late. Furthermore, since two pokemon have been added to each game, even if the games had been made too late, it still would have been very possible Sceptile would have been heavily on the considered side.
Yeah, I'm thinking the trademark leaks, mega latios/as being in the x/y code, all of the hoenn hints, and common sense all leave little doubt that the remakes were planned alongside x/y. I don't know who this 'we' is in 'we believe the game was made too late', but I know I'm not apart of it :p

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I love how everyone though Zoroark was going to be a character in smash at the announcement, and then Gen 6 came around and that all was thrown into the Pacific and eaten by 47 Megalodons.

Wait... Smash 5, Gen 5... ZOROARK CONFIRMED
On the topic of Sceptile, the only Gen 3 rep I think would be more probable is Blaziken, mainly because of how promoted he was pre-XY.
Yeah Blaziken could get in.....as a Cpt. Falcon costume :)

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace

Zoroak's a Pokeball, Genesect is free though!

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Pic of the day comfirmed Zoroark as a pokeball. Also, confirmed there're pokeballs that didn't appeared in the trailer. Did Ya mean another pokemon trailer?
:substitute:

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Pic of the day comfirmed Zoroark as a pokeball. Also, confirmed there're pokeballs that didn't appeared in the trailer. Did Ya mean another pokemon trailer?
:substitute:
Really? I took from that quote that some of the Pokemon might not be Pokeballs.

Doubt it pertains to Zoroark though, personally hoping Giratina is a boss.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Really? I took from that quote that some of the Pokemon might not be Pokeballs.

Doubt it pertains to Zoroark though, personally hoping Giratina is a boss.
He said they are going to apear in the game by some form. I think, that to Zoroark, probably means a pokeball.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I hope that if Zoroark is a Pokeball item, it'll do what Ditto would've down in Melee and utilize its Illusion ability to copy the fighter that unleashed it.

Top Bottom